HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Observations you've made watching other teams broadcasts on center ice

Old
02-04-2013, 06:12 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 591
Already had Center Ice before but NESN are probably the biggest homers no contest. Not that I mind even as a Habs fan, because it builds up the rivalry and it kinda brings more excitement to the games.

JayKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 06:31 PM
SB164

vCash: 500
TSN's Gord Miller doesn't get enough appreciation in my opinion. He really is one of the best in the business.

SB164 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 06:46 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

To all our American friends:

We the undersigned, fully recognize and apologize that Boston Pizza probably has the worst commercials on the planet. It started with "nibs and nubs".

Signed,

Canada eh?

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Section337
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't think many announcers or colour guys have actually read the NHL rules.

Section337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

I actually find Edwards funny

And I really hate listening to the Pens guys...they're such homers it's painful.

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:35 PM
HalifaxHockey61
#50in15

Sharks broadcasts are just absurd

HalifaxHockey61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:38 PM
Wiems35*

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
To all our American friends:

We the undersigned, fully recognize and apologize that Boston Pizza probably has the worst commercials on the planet. It started with "nibs and nubs".

Signed,

Canada eh?
I call your Boston Pizza and raise you a Vincent Mortgage!

Wiems35* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Domenic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
This times a billion.

I want a Carls Jr. in Canada so bad....
I'd give up my first born for a Chipotle Mexican Grill in Quebec. Ontario has 4, and I think there's 1 in Vancouver, but none here.

Last edited by Domenic: 02-05-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Domenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:11 AM
PezRadar
Peverley #1 Fan!

Pleased to hear people love our announcers in Dallas and our Ice Girls..

PezRadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:31 AM
Cotton McKnight
BLUESBLUESBLUESBLUES

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
-Sharks broadcasters are ridiculously homer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LooGDuck View Post
Sharks broadcasts are just absurd
I am so happy I am not they only one to have repeatedly noticed this, made me insanely angry last year to have to watch their feed during the playoffs (for a nationally televised games). But if you ask quite a few SJS fans (local to this area) they have to Hahn is the best. When Hahn does not blindly follow Remenda's opinion I think I can call a good game.

But I can be objective here, when they let Bernie Federko talk on Blues telecasts, he gets extremely homerish. When it is Pang, I think he just wants to get a new catch phrase going "holy jumpin!!!!" "nine o hearts!!!"
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
-Every time I watch I'm envious of American fast food
What!?!?!?! When I watch the Canadian teams feeds, I totally start planning for where I am going to eat the next time I visit up North. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section337 View Post
I don't think many announcers or colour guys have actually read the NHL rules.
You are so right, so many times the Blues telecasts start saying, "oh they can't do that."
Then during the next break "oh yeah per rule xx.xx they can do that" every damn time....

Last edited by Cotton McKnight: 02-05-2013 at 12:34 AM. Reason: additional bits of fun
Cotton McKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:33 AM
Shady12
12-13 FGotG Champion

The off-broadcast amazingness of the Stars' Ralph and Razor:

http://video.stars.nhl.com/videocent...ole?&id=172115

Shady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:47 AM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady12 View Post
The off-broadcast amazingness of the Stars' Ralph and Razor:

http://video.stars.nhl.com/videocent...ole?&id=172115
Razor makes a better Joe Buck than Joe Buck.

SJSharksfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:53 AM
EssendonBombers
classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
TSN's Gord Miller doesn't get enough appreciation in my opinion. He really is one of the best in the business.
Agreed, but Mike Johnson is terrible.

EssendonBombers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:57 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
Already had Center Ice before but NESN are probably the biggest homers no contest. Not that I mind even as a Habs fan, because it builds up the rivalry and it kinda brings more excitement to the games.
I can't believe I'm saying this because the only languages I can understand are English Spanish and Bulgarian but I LOVE watching the French broadcast of our games if I get a chance to. They are so into it. They use to shout Cammalieri's name so loud. But I don't know, there might be a word that sounds like it in French, my French is dog**** so idk

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:00 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton McKnight View Post
I am so happy I am not they only one to have repeatedly noticed this, made me insanely angry last year to have to watch their feed during the playoffs (for a nationally televised games). But if you ask quite a few SJS fans (local to this area) they have to Hahn is the best. When Hahn does not blindly follow Remenda's opinion I think I can call a good game.

But I can be objective here, when they let Bernie Federko talk on Blues telecasts, he gets extremely homerish. When it is Pang, I think he just wants to get a new catch phrase going "holy jumpin!!!!" "nine o hearts!!!"
lol

What!?!?!?! When I watch the Canadian teams feeds, I totally start planning for where I am going to eat the next time I visit up North. lol

You are so right, so many times the Blues telecasts start saying, "oh they can't do that."
Then during the next break "oh yeah per rule xx.xx they can do that" every damn time....
Remenda is good for the most part.
Hahn creams himself everytime the sharks do anything

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:02 AM
JetsAlternate

These past few weeks, Boston Pizza has been airing a new commercial. Compared to "Finger Cooking with Bill," it's amazing.

This Mr. Lube commercial has been airing for about a year. Also a current favorite:

JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:04 AM
aandbreatheme

All the match ups I was excited about seeing (mainly NYR/PIT/PHI) turned out to be **** quality.

aandbreatheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:05 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Nice to see some posters out here who like Bob and Jim, mainly Bob.

Like (top 3)
Dallas-Darryl Reaugh is.....interesting
San Jose-Sorta biased but still good
Washington-Might be because Joe Beninati is the best lacrosse guy for ESPN

Dislike
Anaheim-For a former NHL player Hayward sounds like he played a different spot most the time
Colorado-Play by play guy is straight monotone unless something good happens to the Avs
Pittsburgh-Easily the worst. They try to be funny but act like clowns

Moses Doughty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Fat Jughead

Columbus has a vastly underrated homer crew calling their games. Not just that; they don't know **** all about hockey. I think we may have a new champ.

I think it's the color guy (Tlusty?) on the Hurricanes broadcast that's really good. His partner called the game alright, but I think the game itself is still confusing for him. Whatever, at least he calls it the way it is. I like that crew.

Terry Crisp is either losing his mind, or maybe I was just wrong to have thought so highly of him. His hockey opinion is absolute horse ****. He single handedly destroys the Preds broadcast. I hope their fans don't believe the crap coming out of his mouth, because it's almost completely false. The crowd's down there are quite cool tho. Best fans in the league from what I've seen, AINEC. Nobody's having more fun than them while watching boring hockey

Last edited by Fat Jughead: 02-05-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Fat Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:29 AM
z2m4o

The two things I noticed the most...

1. Detroit- MOVE THE CAMERA HIGHER!!! Every time the game is in the final couple minutes you have a blocked view by people standing up in front of the camera.. Unbelievable!

2. I don't know why it bothers me so much but Edmonton's benches being on the "wrong" side of the ice. I don't like seeing the players changing on the near side. Just seems like a different game for whatever reason.

Blues fan here.. so of course "THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!"

z2m4o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Joe11

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiTzLaMia View Post
Yeah Chico is a bit crazy
Chico's sole aim on the telecasts is to make sure he explains why every goal scored against the Devils was not Marty's fault. Every time he talks about Marty he gets a love twinkle in his eyes

Joe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Rocket of Russia
Defender of Tang

SJ are pretty big homers but they do seem fun for whatever reason. For whatever reason, I’m watching the Sharks as the west coast game most of the time, and they’re always getting the call. They complain about calls against the Sharks for too long but they’re funny when they talk about bad calls that go for the Sharks – they always address with a chuckle that it was weak.

Pens guys are pretty bad. I don’t think there’s any other way to look at it. At least have some knowledge to go with your homerism – e.g. at least Edwards can tell me why Jeff Skinner’s skating is so flawless in between screaming about Lucic taking a powerful sip from his water bottle. “Steigy” adds homerism, cutting of the other teams players, with a voice that almost tells you there’s ignorance behind it without even having registered the words.

On that note, I’m surprised the Rangers aren’t on here – they’re getting pretty poor in recent games.

For the love of god can someone tell me how the Flyers broadcasters aren’t on here? Bill Clement used to be a legendary voice – at least I remember him from ESPN National Hockey Night …man I miss Gary Thorne. Now he just seems like a grumpy guy constantly taking issue with everything, specifically the officials and the other team. If I have to hear Jim Jackson sputter, “aaaaand they say it’s onsides” as the other team skates across the blue line clearly onside one more time I’m going to punch a baby seal. The guy does occasional radio appearances where he turns into your typical fanboy pumping up Giroux and ripping on Crosby; it carries over into the broadcast. When Keith Jones is your least bias broadcaster…(having said that, although bias I really like Keith Jones).

Rocket of Russia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Stammertime91
Keep on keepin' on!

Other than Tb's Rick Peckham, the SJ guys are very good.

Stammertime91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:08 PM
PropJoe

I live in Pittsburgh and I have to say that Paul Stagowitz and Bob Errey are some of the most annoying people I've ever listened to speak. God they're ****ing brutal. The bias also seethes from their veins. I'll never forget the video where they accused Jagr of cheating last year in the playoffs. Or the Marc Savard video where they don't even hint at the idea that Matt Cooke threw a cheap shot.

PropJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:21 PM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancourt Fist Pump View Post
Columbus has a vastly underrated homer crew calling their games. Not just that; they don't know **** all about hockey. I think we may have a new champ.

I think it's the color guy (Tlusty?) on the Hurricanes broadcast that's really good. His partner called the game alright, but I think the game itself is still confusing for him. Whatever, at least he calls it the way it is. I like that crew.

Terry Crisp is either losing his mind, or maybe I was just wrong to have thought so highly of him. His hockey opinion is absolute horse ****. He single handedly destroys the Preds broadcast. I hope their fans don't believe the crap coming out of his mouth, because it's almost completely false. The crowd's down there are quite cool tho. Best fans in the league from what I've seen, AINEC. Nobody's having more fun than them while watching boring hockey
The heck? Tlusty is our top line leftt winger. I think you mean Tripp Tracy, who's widely regarded by Canes fans as, at best, an annoyance. As for our play by play guy, John Forslund has been calling games for nearly 30 years, including 18 years with the Whalers/Hurricanes and has also been calling games for Versus/NBC Sports Network. He's literally one of the best TV play by play guys in the business.

Last edited by garnetpalmetto: 02-05-2013 at 02:19 PM.
garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote