HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/4/2013 - Wild@Yotes - 8:00 PM CST - FS-N, FS-WI

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2013, 11:37 PM
  #726
centcougar07
Registered User
 
centcougar07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: State of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
This is one of those games where the chances were there and everyone played a good game for the most part and we probably should have won. Awful rebound on that second goal by Backstrom. That was average high school varsity goalie stuff. I'd expect a rebound like that from Gorg if he suited up. Add in the fact that Brodin and PMB both struck iron and Granlund and Seto nearly cashed in twice and this was a game we could have had.

I'm a firm believer though that the really good teams will find a way to win. We cant afford to lose too many games and we need to find a way to bury more chances and pull these game out by any means necessary.

centcougar07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:38 PM
  #727
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,313
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piffles View Post
This ain't my first rodeo.

I didn't know what else to do, any legitimate response would just feed what appears to be a troll.
Calling me a troll? Yeah okay buddy, whatever you say. I just happen to be fed up with the coaching and a few players on this team right now and am venting my anger through an online forum. Apparently you haven't been around here long enough because I am a well known pessimist around these parts. I react to the negatives with more hostility than most posters do.

Billy Mays Here is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:49 PM
  #728
Nsjohnson
Registered User
 
Nsjohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,245
vCash: 500
This thread is ABSURD.

Nsjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:51 PM
  #729
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,967
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Calling me a troll? Yeah okay buddy, whatever you say. I just happen to be fed up with the coaching and a few players on this team right now and am venting my anger through an online forum. Apparently you haven't been around here long enough because I am a well known pessimist around these parts. I react to the negatives with more hostility than most posters do.
You call that a good thing? Whatever you say. I find it incredibly obnoxious, and I'm quite sure I'm not the only one around here who thinks so.

__________________
"Flat out until you see God, count to three, then brake!" - Kevin Schwantz
Puhis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:51 PM
  #730
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 8,098
vCash: 500
ABANDON SHIP!!!


tomgilbertfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:51 PM
  #731
Nsjohnson
Registered User
 
Nsjohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
You call that a good thing? Whatever you say. I find it incredibly obnoxious, and I'm quite sure I'm not the only one around here who thinks so.
Makes two of us.

Nsjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:53 PM
  #732
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,313
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
You call that a good thing? Whatever you say. I find it incredibly obnoxious, and I'm quite sure I'm not the only one around here who thinks so.
I never said it was a good thing. By saying I'm a pessimist I'm basically trying to tell him to get use to it because I can be quite negative.

Billy Mays Here is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:53 PM
  #733
Kari Takko
Registered User
 
Kari Takko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Metro, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 918
vCash: 500
Uh oh... We're turning on each other. We need a bag type to get this board back on track. AaBbCcDd...

Kari Takko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:53 PM
  #734
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:53 PM
  #735
TwInS1095
Registered User
 
TwInS1095's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 2,203
vCash: 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Don't even bother.

It's already getting way too ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsjohn130 View Post
Makes two of us.
Seriously. You admit to realize you overreact, yet you do it which just annoys the rest of us?

Really getting fed up with this board the past week or so.

TwInS1095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:56 PM
  #736
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 8,098
vCash: 500

tomgilbertfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:57 PM
  #737
Granlund 64
Registered User
 
Granlund 64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stillwater, MN
Country:
Posts: 854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
Watching that show as I type.

Granlund 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:00 AM
  #738
Piffles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
I never said it was a good thing. By saying I'm a pessimist I'm basically trying to tell him to get use to it because I can be quite negative.
You're so negative I thought you were trolling and trying to get reactions out of people. Do you honestly believe with Koivu as captain this team will never make the playoffs? That's a ridiculous statement, and you likely know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
You call that a good thing? Whatever you say. I find it incredibly obnoxious, and I'm quite sure I'm not the only one around here who thinks so.
That's why I questioned if he was a troll. The responses are so negative from someone claiming to be a "WILDhockeyfan" I thought the name was part of the joke. I think I even mentioned that earlier in the thread or asked if his name was serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsjohn130 View Post
Makes two of us.
One of us! One of us! Okay, but seriously though, I hope that this reaction doesn't result in patronizing posts instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
ABANDON SHIP!!!


Piffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:00 AM
  #739
Kari Takko
Registered User
 
Kari Takko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Metro, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 918
vCash: 500
Positives about tonight's game...

-Brodin
-Got more from lines 2-4
-Coyle looked good in his first game
-Brodin
-There was pretty consistent effort
-Granlund looked better
-We have Rupp on the way to destroy opposing defensemen

Negatives about tonight's game...

-Heater (I'm a big fan of his, but he's not moving his feet)
-We let the Coyotes jump out to a lead (you can't do that against a trapping team)
-Forwards are not finishing their chances (silver lining... LA Kings had trouble scoring most of last season and it steeled their resolve and paid off in the playoffs)
-Didn't leave with any points, and in a shortened season... blah blah blah

Kari Takko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:06 AM
  #740
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,313
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piffles View Post
You're so negative I thought you were trolling and trying to get reactions out of people. Do you honestly believe with Koivu as captain this team will never make the playoffs? That's a ridiculous statement, and you likely know that.
If I wanted to get reactions out of people by trolling this definitely isn't the place I would do it. HF has mods and restrictions, so trolling to piss people off is a no go.

At this point I am starting to question whether or not we'll ever see playoff hockey. It seems like no matter what we try we never get results. New players? Nope. New coach? Nope. New GM? Nope. I'm starting to think the problem is more the system now and not the players because you look at a lot of players that play better both before coming to the Wild and after leaving the Wild.

Billy Mays Here is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:15 AM
  #741
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Yeo's presser

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:17 AM
  #742
Gaps
Registered User
 
Gaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygentleman View Post
Koivu can't lead a dog on a leash. He won't ever lead this team past a first round exit. Good player, intense player, but that doesn't translate to a good leader who inspires and gets the most from each player.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Gaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:25 AM
  #743
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,967
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwInS1095 View Post
Seriously. You admit to realize you overreact, yet you do it which just annoys the rest of us?

Really getting fed up with this board the past week or so.
I think he is agreeing with me rather than WHF.

And for the record, you're not the only one who's tired of this crap. An example: I spent good part of 20 minutes writing a post with a lot of thoughts and input in it: No replies. That's fine and dandy, I'm not expecting it and I don't write or communicate to promote my opinions and thoughts. I do it to exchange them, and contribute to a discussion.

Meanwhile, some guy comes into our boards just to post into a thread about a highly-rated Finnish prospect, has explosive diarrhea all over the thread and instead of apologizing, he wipes it in our face. And we're here acting all polite and shy, and clean up the god damn mess.

Honestly, the big issue here is not that we're losing. It's how we lose, and why we're losing. We have lost a couple of perfectly winnable hockey games this season, and we're a .500 team only barely. Coming into the season with two big free agents and overall upgrades all over the roster, it's not acceptable. But it's not the end of the world yet, and things can change. So I don't think that's the biggest reason.

The biggest reason is that we've showed no signs of changing ways. The dump-and-chase was fine when we had a roster full of scrubs. It was fine last year, when our respectable roster spent their time on IR. But this year, with a healthy roster (barring Spurgeon), a good mix of skilled forwards, fast grinders and good scorers with a decent D to go with it? Nah, we should be better, but most importantly, we should LOOK better.

I, personally, don't care how we win, and we saw a couple of very good carries into the zone tonight. However, when we continue to make simple mistakes and lose a team that's playing with OUR GAMEPLAN, something has to change.

Above all, it's frustration rather than despair. Avder said last year, when asked about his reasoning to spend time and effort on tremendously good GDT:s, "I feel that we deserve good things". I couldn't have put it any better. Then, over the summer, we got the said good things. Two, in fact, plus a good complimentary piece in Mitchell and a brilliant character in Konopka. On paper then, we should be happy. In part it was about - you guessed it - managing expectations. We finally had the prospect of seeing a competitive team on the ice and expected at least a playoff appearance. While that is still certainly possible, even likely, the expectations so far haven't been met. Another part of it is losing trust.

Last year, Mike Yeo received a demigod status among the Wild fans for exceeding expectations night after night, and Chuck Fletcher damn near got himself a statue in front of the X for his heroics over the summer. Now we are crumbling and hitting our head against a brick wall, and - as usual - the coach is held responsible. And GM, too, for possibly choosing the wrong coach for the 2nd time in a row. Granlund has not lived up to the expectations after we spent the good part of two years pumping his tires, and Suter hasn't been that great either. And this wasn't supposed to happen.

Not again.

And I can get behind the idea there, sort of. I mean, I'm a Wild fan (in case you haven't noticed), and I have a short temper (in case you haven't noticed by the lack of an avatar). I've been ****ing diagnosed with depression, yet I'm not drowning in self-pity and sorrow after a string of bad hockey games. And I wake up at night just to watch the said games. Because I believe - and always will - that there is a better tomorrow. However, I'm getting a bit impatient, and I'm certainly not the only one.

How long do we have to wait for the rise of our team? Can they live up to expectations for once? Will the Stanley Cup hear the call of the Wild?

**** if I know. All I know is that barring a loss of vision or untimely (although not entirely surprising) death for the author, I'll watch them try to the bitter - or sweet - end. Because I know that we have tremendous potential, now it's about completing the puzzle and finding the missing pieces. And if we can do that, we will win a lot of hockey games.

We, as a fanbase, have grown over the last two years that I've been here. I know that there are guys who've been here longer than me, or posted more than me, or both. But I've grown to like this community. That's why I'm sad to see that instead of being unified in support and discussing the moves and possible changes, we're spending our time on bickering to each other and starting wars over disagreements. We're all people. People are different. Nobody is perfect, and there will be times when you want to punch another human in the face just because you don't like his opinions. But please, can we at least TRY to tolerate each other?

I mean, we're in two camps right now: The ones who panic and want to fire everyone and the ones who laugh at the others. Not cool.

I really want something snappy to end this rant with, but I can't think of anything that hasn't been said already. With that, back to the studio.


TL;DR: NO. Read it. I spent half an hour writing this, and I'm not about to summarize it just because someone is too lazy to spend a minute reading a post that concerns, as far as I can work out, everyone on HF Wild.

Puhis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:30 AM
  #744
Haite
x
 
Haite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,866
vCash: 2465
"After the end of the lockout, the board was split into two - Negatives and Positives. That marked the beginning of the era called the Wild War."

Haite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:37 AM
  #745
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Wild holds player-only meeting after latest loss in Arizona

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:45 AM
  #746
Kari Takko
Registered User
 
Kari Takko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Metro, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 918
vCash: 500
My expectation all along has been that next year we'll really see what this team can do. Suter, Parise, ZK, and Mitchell will have a year in the system, and the young guys will have gone through some growing pains.

That said, I still get bummed when we lose. I don't think Fletch or Yeo should be fired, because it takes time for a team to gel. We've got a lot of talent, and it'll begin to shine after a little while. Today's trade has me excited. Fletch saw a weakness and quickly made changes to address it. Calling up Coyle, and acquiring Rupp will make us tougher to play against. Is anyone really going to miss Palmieri or Powe?

Kari Takko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:48 AM
  #747
UMD05
Hobey Baker Champs
 
UMD05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: St. Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piffles View Post
There were plenty of other solid scoring opportunities as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Hell more than that. The issue is: some people are expecting 40 SOG and netting 4+ goals a night. It is an expectation that shouldn't even be expected from anyone who knows how hard it is to just pick up and play with new linemates and to also learn a completely different system. Some players can make it look easy, some it takes some time to learn it.
Yeah, I agree with both of you. I was just making a general observation about the fickleness of some of the posters here.

UMD05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:52 AM
  #748
OpRedDawn*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,129
vCash: 127
Why is it we're always snake bitten? Why is it that we always run into hot goaltending? Cursed I tells ya. Cursed.

OpRedDawn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:57 AM
  #749
UMD05
Hobey Baker Champs
 
UMD05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: St. Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Freitag View Post
My expectation all along has been that next year we'll really see what this team can do. Suter, Parise, ZK, and Mitchell will have a year in the system, and the young guys will have gone through some growing pains.
Agreed. My expectations for this team were somewhere between #6 and #10 in the west, mostly due to all the moving parts. Early season struggles aren't worth getting bent out of shape.

UMD05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:07 AM
  #750
WildisLaw
Just win, baby
 
WildisLaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Napa Valley, Cali
Country: United States
Posts: 3,552
vCash: 50
You can say we're getting chances but it eventually becomes a broken record if you can't turn those chances into goals. Chances don't win games, goals do. If we can't score, how the hell are we going to make the playoffs

Depressing.

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.