HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mike Comrie Trade Proposals

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2003, 06:58 PM
sidelines

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX
That really doesnt apply here(trust me i know), and you missed the point.

It would be stupid for the Yotes to trade one of their key young Dmen for some headcase winger that wants a bunch of money. I think they will pass, how bout you?

Id rather have Radivojevic than Comrie
Just like to point a few things out to you. 1) Comrie is a center. 2) He doesn't want a bunch of money, he wants out of Edmonton.

Maybe you should read a bit more on Comrie before you make such statements, as you obviously have no clue about him.

Old
12-13-2003, 07:51 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

vCash: 500
Madden's a UFA at the end of the season? I can't seem to find that anywhere.

Anyway, if he is, I can see him leaving New Jersey. Lou hasn't handled UFAs in the best way during the last couple years. Lemieux, Mogilny, Holik, Nieuwendyk, etc. have left when they hit UFA. In Holik's case, he was overpaid. But who's to say someone won't give Madden a salary Lou doesn't want to give him? Alot of teams can use a guy like Madden. He'll be a highly coveted UFA if indeed he is one.

Old
12-14-2003, 08:57 AM
Mizral

John,

You may be right, but Madden may be slightly different. John is viewed as being a bit better than even Holik was, I think. To some GM's and fans out there, come playoff time, this guy is every bit as important as a Mike Modano is.

If there is a hard salary cap with no luxery tax and such, I will agree wholeheartedly and say he only gets $2.5 - $3 million. However, if there is a luxery tax, rest assured, a team like Detroit will throw $5 million at Madden if they have to.

Old
12-14-2003, 09:07 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
John,

You may be right, but Madden may be slightly different. John is viewed as being a bit better than even Holik was, I think. To some GM's and fans out there, come playoff time, this guy is every bit as important as a Mike Modano is.

Any GM and fan that thinks that would be very mistaken.

Madden is among the best 3rd line centers in the game, no doubt about that.

People must also remember that it's not just Madden shutting down Thornton. Scott Stevens is also always on the ice, as is Mr. Brodeur.

Old
12-14-2003, 01:06 PM
CoyoteBaloney

Let's try this:

Boucher, Hrdina and Mara for Comrie, Smith and Mikhnov

Tanabe makes Mara expendable and Smith is better defensively. If I am not wrong the Oilers will allow Salo to walk away from the team and Smith might be a UFA this summer anyway.

Go ahead -- say your worst.

Old
12-14-2003, 01:21 PM
CoyoteBaloney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkey
I do believe that there is something in North America called "Freedom of Speech." These people can post all the trade proposals they want, they have every right to.

I think that a package centering around Taffe or Mara would be a lovely return for Comrie. Or even both...
I can see Mara getting dealt with Tanabe having supplanted him as the team's top offensive dman, but there would have to be another dman coming back in return and the Oilers would also have to take Boucher in the deral.

Boucher, Mara and Hrdina (to replace Comrie) for Comrie, Jason Smith and Mikhnov -- who is a prospect that appears to be given up on by the Oilers.

Old
12-14-2003, 04:52 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteTony
I can see Mara getting dealt with Tanabe having supplanted him as the team's top offensive dman, but there would have to be another dman coming back in return and the Oilers would also have to take Boucher in the deral.

Boucher, Mara and Hrdina (to replace Comrie) for Comrie, Jason Smith and Mikhnov -- who is a prospect that appears to be given up on by the Oilers.

Actually Mikhnov has been having a really good year in the Russian league(Points-wise and overall play), and Oiler management are pretty excited about his upside (Huge with talent and speed). Theres about 80% he comes to N.A next season(Lockout pending).
Hes going nowhere.

Old
12-14-2003, 06:32 PM
CoyoteBaloney

Comrie seems to be going nowhere as well.

Old
12-15-2003, 03:07 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteTony
Comrie seems to be going nowhere as well.
Which suits 99.99% of all Oiler fans just fine.

Old
12-15-2003, 08:24 PM
Burkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX
That really doesnt apply here(trust me i know), and you missed the point.

It would be stupid for the Yotes to trade one of their key young Dmen for some headcase winger that wants a bunch of money. I think they will pass, how bout you?

Id rather have Radivojevic than Comrie
Indeed I have reservations about Comrie's attitudes and contract situation, but he can score goals and make play and I never have a problem with that. He already has a 33 goal season under his belt and scored 20 goals last season as well. He's just 23 and will only get better.

However, I can understand that you'd have reservations about trading a young stud defenseman like Mara or Tanabe in a package for Comrie as young defensemen who can produce offensively (like Mara and Tanabe) are very valuable in today's NHL. It's tougher to find a good defenseman than a good forward. So I can definitely understand why you're reluctant. However, I can also understand why the Oilers would want more than that. Comrie can score goals, and they should get a package centering around Mara or Tanabe if they were to send him the Coyotes.

As for preferring Radivojevic, that's your call, but my concerns about Comrie's attitude and contractual situation aside, I'd rather have Comrie. Comrie has proven more and has better upside. That's not a knock against Radivojevic, he's a fine young player, I'd just rather have Comrie.

Old
12-16-2003, 04:08 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1531
Hrdina is injury prone

I sort of like the rumoured Ana deal---the first from last year and a first from this coming year---But I would like it more if the Oilers got VV in the deal

Old
12-16-2003, 10:30 AM
rbrooks

Send a message via ICQ to rbrooks Send a message via AIM to rbrooks
THE WINNER IS PHILLY.

This thread will be closed.

Closed Thread