HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 8: Sharks (7-0-1) @ Ducks (5-1-1) 7:00pm PST

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2013, 12:39 AM
  #851
Emerald Duck
Registered User
 
Emerald Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 784
vCash: 500
I never realized that Bryan Allen and Andy Sutton were hockey twins separated at birth.

Emerald Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:39 AM
  #852
DuckJet
Destiny pls
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,765
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
I agree with post #835 comments about Vatanen.

Sami and Allen pair just don't work...no chemistry...Allen's brain is not in the same level with Sami
Sorry but even individually Sami was a non factor.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:40 AM
  #853
Bender66
Send in the clowns
 
Bender66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post

Bender66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:42 AM
  #854
DuckJet
Destiny pls
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 36,765
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender66 View Post
Shop the Ducks logo onto his hat and that will be perfect. Just got photoshop but I suck at it.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:43 AM
  #855
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus
 
Sean Garrity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Nut
Country: United States
Posts: 9,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender66 View Post
I just loved how Perry buried his face in his gloves when Souray released that howitzer. He was like "eff the tip in, I'm getting the hell out of the way".
I was noticing last game that the Ducks' players just get out of the way a la Fulton Reed slapshots.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:44 AM
  #856
Papaspud
Bring on...
 
Papaspud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: the ketchup!!
Posts: 7,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot View Post
I lived up here then. IT. WAS. AMAZING.
Had lots of extra chromosome d-bags flip us off as they left, when it was obvious that their dream team had congealed into a nightmare. Poor ****ers. I'm sure quite a few are still in therapy.

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:47 AM
  #857
Gibson Les Palms
Registered User
 
Gibson Les Palms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,451
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot View Post
I lived up here then. IT. WAS. AMAZING.
I bet. Would've been fun to have been to the first two games too.

I hope we see

Etem-Getz-Perry
Palms-Ryan-Selanne
great line
Bonino's line

against the Avs. Really think Etem adds needed speed to the twins game.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:55 AM
  #858
DarthYenik
Registered User
 
DarthYenik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,146
vCash: 500
Sharks fans are just horrible poor sportsmen.

The Ducks lose to the Sharks, they come in here to rub it in to find that we were happy with the game, and throw a ***** fit.

The Ducks win, and they complain about fluke goals, crappy ice, bad reffing, injured Sharks players and then point out that the crowd at Honda Center isn't as loud as it should be.

It's pretty pathetic.

DarthYenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:58 AM
  #859
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,374
vCash: 500
Fasth is a first goalie in Ducks history to win his first 3 games in NHL. He and Winnik - who are those guys? Just coming in and breaking the records

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:02 AM
  #860
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend
 
quentez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,262
vCash: 500


quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:03 AM
  #861
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,390
vCash: 500
Ok, I criticized him, I'll give him credit - amazing save on that breakaway on the 5v3 by Fasth, and he looked pretty good after settling down. Thank you Souray for batting that rebound out of the crease at the end of the game though.

Am I homering to say that even though the Ducks play a very defensive system that they still play an entertaining style of hockey? I'm also starting to think that BB is extremely underrated as a coach.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:03 AM
  #862
Finnpin
Registered User
 
Finnpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Sorry but even individually Sami was a non factor.
Did I say he is?

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:08 AM
  #863
Corey Perry*
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaspud View Post
Had lots of extra chromosome d-bags flip us off as they left, when it was obvious that their dream team had congealed into a nightmare. Poor ****ers. I'm sure quite a few are still in therapy.
I started doing the Shark chomp to a few of their faces, along with a few guys sitting next to me, after we won. I thought it was pretty funny.

Corey Perry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:09 AM
  #864
Sirquacksalot
Magic
 
Sirquacksalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Mojave
Posts: 4,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kducks View Post
Now they are rushing the "what building has the worst crowds" thread to point us out
If you listen to them, our building is full of their fans, so wouldn't that mean they're the worst crowd?

Sirquacksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:14 AM
  #865
maplehawk
HFB Partner
 
maplehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Rink
Posts: 2,086
vCash: 500
That was my first live viewing of Etem since his Medicine Hat days and I left extremely impressed.

Although his audition has been brief, he's looked to be the best fit beside Getz/Perry yet. His speed and tenacity on the forecheck opens up a lot of room. Kid's always had a motor on him, nice to see him utilize it at this level.

That drive wide and cut towards the net in the 2nd(?) tonight was vintage Etem from his WHL days. If he continues doing that, he'll be successful at the NHL level.

Fasth was brilliant down the stretch.

maplehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:14 AM
  #866
Ramenbot
Registered User
 
Ramenbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Burbank
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkine View Post
Anaheim will always have finnish fans lol. Selanne lol. It was 5AM when the game started lol. Now it's 7:40AM lol, so some of them might be on their way to work lol. I have to go at least lol. Vatanen is not ready lol. He might need a full season in the AHL lol. But he is a fine prospect lol.
I concur lol.

Ramenbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:16 AM
  #867
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,374
vCash: 500
Finally, found the song that is played @ HC after a win (there were different song at the end of Canucks game). Downloaded couple of games to foind out (it was reaally hard to understand the song with Hazy talking over it )

I kind of knew it was the Vaccines (a lot of you might not know the band, since it`s from England), but i wasn`t sure which song. So, here it is:




Kind of OT maybe, but someone might find this usefull.

Congrats on the win! We looked very bad at some points, though, but good to see we can get away with that. That shows something

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:16 AM
  #868
gogo78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Hey folks, really.
Sharks counts berfore this game was 7-0-1 and goals 30-14(!).
Now they score 1 and take 2 in.
So our defense must be something else than just crap and it seems to be quite hard to score agaist Sharks.

gogo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:17 AM
  #869
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 17,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehawk View Post
That was my first live viewing of Etem since his Medicine Hat days and I left extremely impressed.

Although his audition has been brief, he's looked to be the best fit beside Getz/Perry yet. His speed and tenacity on the forecheck opens up a lot of room. Kid's always had a motor on him, nice to see him utilize it at this level.

That drive wide and cut towards the net in the 2nd(?) tonight was vintage Etem from his WHL days. If he continues doing that, he'll be successful at the NHL level.

Fasth was brilliant down the stretch.
I think we're all very surprised by how good Etem looks, ever since training camp he really took another step in development. not only is he fast but he is physical, he makes things happen.

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:24 AM
  #870
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo78 View Post
Hey folks, really.
Sharks counts berfore this game was 7-0-1 and goals 30-14(!).
Now they score 1 and take 2 in.
So our defense must be something else than just crap and it seems to be quite hard to score agaist Sharks.
I have to agree, actually. But it is a strong team effort, rather than just defense. Our forwards are forechecking pretty hard a lot of times and we make defense with our offense. The SA-SF difference is amazing between Carlyle (last) years and Bruce.

Idk how, but faceoffs (even with this horrible game by Getz) improved drastically too under Bruce, along with other things. I liked Carlyle, he was our cup coach, but i have hard time not liking Bruce, even though, next game @ Colorado our lineup will probably look something like:

Allen-Getzlaf-Perry
Staubitz-Ryan-Selanne
Fasth-Koivu-Winnik
Etem-Bonino-Sbisa

Fowler-Beleskey
Souray-Beauchemin
Lydman-Palmieri

Hiller
Cogliano


Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:27 AM
  #871
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,374
vCash: 500
So far Etem have as much assists in Anaheim as he have in Norfolk this season. Now, if only he could get those goals...


PS
So far Fasth 2nd in league in GAA and save % : http://www.nhl.com/ice/statshome.htm...nav-sts-league

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:28 AM
  #872
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
I have to agree, actually. But it is a strong team effort, rather than just defense. Our forwards are forechecking pretty hard a lot of times and we make defense with our offense. The SA-SF difference is amazing between Carlyle (last) years and Bruce.

Idk how, but faceoffs (even with this horrible game by Getz) improved drastically too under Bruce, along with other things. I liked Carlyle, he was our cup coach, but i have hard time not liking Bruce, even though, next game @ Colorado our lineup will probably look something like:

Allen-Getzlaf-Perry
Staubitz-Ryan-Selanne
Fasth-Koivu-Winnik
Etem-Bonino-Sbisa

Fowler-Beleskey
Souray-Beauchemin
Lydman-Palmieri

Hiller
Cogliano

You going to deprive these forums of vatanen?

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:28 AM
  #873
muckbin15
parros16
 
muckbin15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Charlottetown, PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,766
vCash: 133
as bad as allen has looked out there i really think he brings that scary look and is still bringing something to the table. when fowler returns id much rather him in then vatanen

muckbin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:30 AM
  #874
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend
 
quentez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Finally, found the song that is played @ HC after a win (there were different song at the end of Canucks game). Downloaded couple of games to foind out (it was reaally hard to understand the song with Hazy talking over it )

I kind of knew it was the Vaccines (a lot of you might not know the band, since it`s from England), but i wasn`t sure which song. So, here it is:




Kind of OT maybe, but someone might find this usefull.

Congrats on the win! We looked very bad at some points, though, but good to see we can get away with that. That shows something
Do you know what song is played after the corny Wild Wing lamp lighting as well? When the orange is poppin' up.

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:31 AM
  #875
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,956
vCash: 500
So it was my first game of the season, and i decided to see us light the lamp... and wow!






i dont really think ive ever been so disappointed, scratch that corey perrys play might be topping that right now.

Glad we beat the sharks, glad their fans have every excuse under the sun as to why the lost. I wish burns and boyle would come back so theyd run out of excuses.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.