HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League LIV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2013, 01:42 PM
  #976
ItsAllPartOfThePlan
Registered User
 
ItsAllPartOfThePlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,192
vCash: 500
Montreal places A.Palushaj on waivers. Anyone know much about this guy? I thought he was supposed to have good potential at one point.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 01:52 PM
  #977
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,438
vCash: 500
Rupp to wild

Winroba is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 02:10 PM
  #978
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Montreal places A.Palushaj on waivers. Anyone know much about this guy? I thought he was supposed to have good potential at one point.
Was called up a couple of times and did not distinguish himself in any way. Looks like an AHLer to me.

Outside99* is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 02:13 PM
  #979
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
Was called up a couple of times and did not distinguish himself in any way. Looks like an AHLer to me.
Also took a step back in the AHL.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:02 PM
  #980
VeteranNetPresence
Disco Super Fly.
 
VeteranNetPresence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,735
vCash: 500
i thought the center ice preview ended at end of january? i'm still getting games and i'm on telus optik

VeteranNetPresence is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:08 PM
  #981
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Samzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresence View Post
i thought the center ice preview ended at end of january? i'm still getting games and i'm on telus optik
Delete your post in case an employee spots this, haha.

Samzilla is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:22 PM
  #982
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,965
vCash: 500
Never knew the Red Wings played in a prison in 1954, interesting stuff.

It's a feature on That's Hockey right now if you tune in now.

__________________

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:24 PM
  #983
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,978
vCash: 500
The way Skinner skates is just magical. You can really see his figure skating roots in the way he uses his edges and his unorthodox dangling.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:25 PM
  #984
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 19,181
vCash: 500
Frattin from Kadri.

me2 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:26 PM
  #985
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 15,838
vCash: 500
This Frattin kid is looking good. Wonder if Gillis had him in his sights in the potential Luongo deal? Won't be as easy to get him now...

Drop the Sopel is online now  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:30 PM
  #986
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
This Frattin kid is looking good. Wonder if Gillis had him in his sights in the potential Luongo deal? Won't be as easy to get him now...
Regardless of the other pieces he was the one guy i thought they should go for. Now that hes playing well his price went up. Lol

Lonny Bohonos is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:32 PM
  #987
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 19,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
This Frattin kid is looking good. Wonder if Gillis had him in his sights in the potential Luongo deal? Won't be as easy to get him now...
great start. not sure he can keep up his 50%+ shooting percentage though.

Semin though is going along nicely too, ppg only 1 goal though, should improve from 3% s%.

me2 is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:34 PM
  #988
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
great start. not sure he can keep up his 50%+ shooting percentage though.
I'm willing to bet $10,000 that he can't. At the pace that he's accumulating shots, he'll be stuck at 5 goals for the rest of the season.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:41 PM
  #989
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 15,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
I'm willing to bet $10,000 that he can't. At the pace that he's accumulating shots, he'll be stuck at 5 goals for the rest of the season.
He probably won't be stuck at 5 goals for another week. The guy has been a ridiculously efficient goalscorer over the last 3 years.

Have to wonder if he's a better player than David Booth at this point. Similar skillsets.

Drop the Sopel is online now  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:45 PM
  #990
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,321
vCash: 500
Was that another Phaneuf "wrist" shot?

Lonny Bohonos is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:48 PM
  #991
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
He probably won't be stuck at 5 goals for another week. The guy has been a ridiculously efficient goalscorer over the last 3 years.
25% is about the max sustainable shooting percentage over the course of the season and is something none of those players were ever able to repeat. There's usually one guy that does that a season. Assuming that Frattin can achieve that 25% he'll be looking at finishing the year with 18 goals. If he's more like a 15% shooter, which is still remarkably good, then he'll be looking at about 11 goals this year.

That said, I was mostly joking about him being stuck at 5 goals but he's certainly not shooting enough to keep up this type of goal production or anything close to it.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:52 PM
  #992
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 15,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
25% is about the max sustainable shooting percentage over the course of the season and is something none of those players were ever able to repeat. There's usually one guy that does that a season. Assuming that Frattin can achieve that 25% he'll be looking at finishing the year with 18 goals. If he's more like a 15% shooter, which is still remarkably good, then he'll be looking at about 11 goals this year.
That's if he shows no signs of improvement and isn't afforded more quality icetime. Wouldn't bet on those things happening...

I also wouldn't be surprised if he consistently posts a higher than average shooting %. His goalscoring output has been tremendous over the last few years and absurd since turning pro.

If Frattin shoots 15% from here on out he would finish with a 27G/82GP pace. Not too shabby.

Drop the Sopel is online now  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:55 PM
  #993
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
That's if he shows no signs of improvement and isn't afforded more quality icetime. Wouldn't bet on those things happening...

I also wouldn't be surprised if he consistently posts a higher than average shooting %. His goalscoring output has been tremendous over the last few years and absurd since turning pro.
I already outlined cases that are far above the average shooting %. He's not going to be the first player ever to sustainably score 25% or even more than that. It's just not going to happen. He was a 20% shooter in the AHL, he won't be better than that now.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
02-04-2013, 07:58 PM
  #994
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 15,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
I already outlined cases that are far above the average shooting %. He's not going to be the first player ever to sustainably score 25% or even more than that. It's just not going to happen. He was a 20% shooter in the AHL, he won't be better than that now.
I don't think anyone has said this is a guy that will average 40 even strength goals a year.

What you're not factoring in is potential PP time and the ability to generate more shots on net with better linemates and increased icetime. Frattin generated a lot of shots at the AHL level. He has zero PP goals this season...

Drop the Sopel is online now  
Old
02-04-2013, 08:09 PM
  #995
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 19,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
I don't think anyone has said this is a guy that will average 40 even strength goals a year.

What you're not factoring in is potential PP time and the ability to generate more shots on net with better linemates and increased icetime. Frattin generated a lot of shots at the AHL level. He has zero PP goals this season...
It's hard to see him getting much better at his age. Better icetime/situations though will definately help. OTOH higher up the food chain the bigger the sharks you get matched up again.

me2 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 12:19 AM
  #996
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
This Frattin kid is looking good. Wonder if Gillis had him in his sights in the potential Luongo deal? Won't be as easy to get him now...
Was y2k not calling him a 4th liner... he sure has an eye for 4th liners. Kassian, Frattin

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 01:00 AM
  #997
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 19,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Was y2k not calling him a 4th liner... he sure has an eye for 4th liners. Kassian, Frattin
he'd look good on our 4th line

me2 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 02:31 AM
  #998
ProstheticConscience
Das ist mein Land
 
ProstheticConscience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canuck Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,871
vCash: 500
The Leafs' board is classic tonight.

Whatever fun we've had with them over Burke, the horrible reality is sinking in over there that Nonis is now in charge. It's always such a laugh to see the offseason fervor they work themselves into wearing off, followed by the slow, sinking sensation of unpleasant reality taking hold.

ProstheticConscience is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 02:42 AM
  #999
PG Canuck
Moderator
 
PG Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,779
vCash: 7611
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
The Leafs' board is classic tonight.

Whatever fun we've had with them over Burke, the horrible reality is sinking in over there that Nonis is now in charge. It's always such a laugh to see the offseason fervor they work themselves into wearing off, followed by the slow, sinking sensation of unpleasant reality taking hold.
Is it ever NOT a classic?

PG Canuck is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 03:01 AM
  #1000
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,965
vCash: 500
New thread,

Royal Canuck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.