HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Fast & Furious 6

Old
02-04-2013, 08:07 AM
zoomzoom

vCash: 50
Fast & Furious 6

zoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Heisenberg77

vCash: 500
Unreal that they're still churning these out. I'm assuming the last one was decent enough to warrant this, but still. Really? Do we need more of these movies?

Heisenberg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:23 AM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Fast Five was the best movie of the franchise and was legitimately a very good movie (Johnson revitalized the entire thing) because they switched the format to a heist film. Unfortunately, this looks like it's reverting back to the formula pre-Fast Five.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Mongo
Mongo likes candy!

I enjoyed the first one and the 5th one. The others are complete trash. This looks like it is going to be worst than the 5th one. I do find it funny that this is basically the only part/role vin diesel can do though. Other than Pitch black all his movies/roles are horrible.

Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:00 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

5th one was really good. The Rock being it automatically gets my interest. We'll see how it is. I won't run to go see it until I hear if it's any good.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:06 AM
sully1410

I can't believe they are making yet another one of these pieces of ****.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Ser Woof
Pull the trigger

vCash: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I can't believe they are making yet another one of these pieces of ****.
Yeah, Fast Five was a piece of ****. The first was a piece of ****.

So ignorant.

Ser Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:00 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkfan77 View Post
Unreal that they're still churning these out. I'm assuming the last one was decent enough to warrant this, but still. Really? Do we need more of these movies?
It's one franchise where the movies have gotten better, not worse. Justin Lin has done a good job since taking over with the 4th movie. I pretend like Tokyo Drift doesn't exist. Good, mindless, car orientated fun.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
That looked so Hollywood. Explosions, over the top action and tons of CGI. The last movie was good, but it was not as good as the tokyo one. That movie had feelings and focused mostly on just cars, i really liked that. Han is one of the best characters in the series, even if he only appeard in two movies. The first movie also had feelings too it.

I dont mind a new F&F, just keep it simple..

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:07 PM
Fanpuck33

I think they're all pretty fun movies and am looking forward to the new one.

Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Yeah, Fast Five was a piece of ****. The first was a piece of ****.

So ignorant.
Of all the words to use to dismiss someone, how does ignorant work there?

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:09 PM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

vCash: 90
Can't wait for this movie to come out, been a big fan of it since the beginning

Fact: these movies takes place before Tokyo Drift if anyone didn't know that

The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
Can't wait for this movie to come out, been a big fan of it since the beginning

Fact: these movies takes place before Tokyo Drift if anyone didn't know that
I haven't seen all the movies or fully remember the ones that I have, but didn't he meet the Asian guy in that?-- why is he in all these movies if they take place before that?

Old
02-04-2013, 05:16 PM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
I haven't seen all the movies or fully remember the ones that I have, but didn't he meet the Asian guy in that?-- why is he in all these movies if they take place before that?
well the Asian guy dies in Tokyo Drift, and then he appeared in the 4th movie Fast and Furious so that's why they take place before F&F:TD and i was confused when i saw him in the others, then it makes sense

Old
02-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Ser Woof
Pull the trigger

vCash: 86
Quote:
Of all the words to use to dismiss someone, how does ignorant work there?
Stating an opinion as a fact (making yet another one of these pieces of ****) about a franchise whose last iteration was universally critically acclaimed is ignorance.

Simple enough?

Ser Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:18 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Quote:
It made $626 million. These guys have a licence to print money.

And I am a huge fan of the franchise. I can't wait. Been impatient for the trailer since Thanksgiving.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Stating an opinion as a fact (making yet another one of these pieces of ****) about a franchise whose last iteration was universally critically acclaimed is ignorance.

Simple enough?
Man, if you can turn any comment like that into "stating it as a fact", then you can't really say much, either way, can you? It's pretty clear that he was saying something subjective from his perspective, no matter how crude it was.

If you said "This was a great, amazing masterpiece! I can't believe more people don't love it!" to something that's critically trashed, would that be arrogantly stating an opinion as a fact or ignorant? Of course not. It's the same thing but flipped around. "In my opinion" should be automatically assumed.

Jumping the gun, sure.. being angry for no reason and not being sensitive to how people will react? I guess. But ignorant? Everyone knows what they're getting with these movies. If he's sick of them, there's very little reason to believe it's due to ignorance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
well the Asian guy dies in Tokyo Drift, and then he appeared in the 4th movie Fast and Furious so that's why they take place before F&F:TD and i was confused when i saw him in the others, then it makes sense
Actually, now that I think about it, I'm almost positive I asked the exact same question when 5 came out, got an answer and forgot, but what I mean is..... Didn't they act like they didn't already know each other in Tokyo Drift?

Last edited by Shareefruck: 02-04-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old
02-04-2013, 07:52 PM
darko

Fast 5 was good. 2nd best of the bunch with the original being #1.

Looking forward to #6.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 07:58 PM
kihei

vCash: 0
The last one was a lot of fun, so I'll definitely see this one.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:36 PM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

Quote:
Man, if you can turn any comment like that into "stating it as a fact", then you can't really say much, either way, can you? It's pretty clear that he was saying something subjective from his perspective, no matter how crude it was.

If you said "This was a great, amazing masterpiece! I can't believe more people don't love it!" to something that's critically trashed, would that be arrogantly stating an opinion as a fact or ignorant? Of course not. It's the same thing but flipped around. "In my opinion" should be automatically assumed.

Jumping the gun, sure.. being angry for no reason and not being sensitive to how people will react? I guess. But ignorant? Everyone knows what they're getting with these movies. If he's sick of them, there's very little reason to believe it's due to ignorance.Actually, now that I think about it, I'm almost positive I asked the exact same question when 5 came out, got an answer and forgot, but what I mean is..... Didn't they act like they didn't already know each other in Tokyo Drift?
Who?

Old
02-04-2013, 11:50 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Bunch of hipsters in here.

This is one of the finest comedy franchises if not the finest in the history of cinema. This and the Expendable franchise are the best things to happen to cinema in a long time.

Brad Tolliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:25 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:

Jumping the gun, sure.. being angry for no reason and not being sensitive to how people will react? I guess. But ignorant? Everyone knows what they're getting with these movies. If he's sick of them, there's very little reason to believe it's due to ignorance.Actually, now that I think about it, I'm almost positive I asked the exact same question when 5 came out, got an answer and forgot, but what I mean is..... Didn't they act like they didn't already know each other in Tokyo Drift?
I don't believe the main character in Tokyo Drift is in any of the other F&F movies. Vin Deisel's character mentions he is an old friend at the end of it, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:59 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post
Bunch of hipsters in here.

This is one of the finest comedy franchises if not the finest in the history of cinema. This and the Expendable franchise are the best things to happen to cinema in a long time.
This guy knows whats up....

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:04 AM
sully1410

The first one was good, absolutely. The fifth was ok, but I don't think it was friggen gold by any means.

My problem is this...it's a tired franchise. Six movies?

Seriously?

Especially after the three in the middle were just absolute bombs, they still continue to pump these things out.

It's ok that other people like the movies, I don't. I think that by and large they're ****** and should have been laid to rest a long time ago. There's really no need to get hurt feelings about it.

There are lots of movies out there that I like that other people don't. I really liked Boondock Saints 2 and Constantine(I actually think they need to make a sequel for this one), but lots of people if not most people hated those two movies.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:55 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Actually it was the best of the ones so far, even better then the first one which is the only other one that was at all decent IMO anyways.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote