HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn Invited to Camp (Staying in Traktor)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2013, 06:08 PM
  #76
harv3317
Registered User
 
harv3317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,414
vCash: 500
or sign and trade.

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 06:26 PM
  #77
flapanthersfan
Registered User
 
flapanthersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
or sign and trade.
never understood why people suggest this as a possibility in the NHL. there is no incentive for any team to ever perform a sign & trade in the NHL like there is in the NBA.

in other words: they never happen and never will

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:11 AM
  #78
harv3317
Registered User
 
harv3317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,414
vCash: 500
why not? we can sign him and trade for a draft pick, or whatever. teams have always traded for rights of a player. why is this any different and why can't we do this if there is already an agreement?

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:32 AM
  #79
CoolburnIsGone
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 8,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
why not? we can sign him and trade for a draft pick, or whatever. teams have always traded for rights of a player. why is this any different and why can't we do this if there is already an agreement?
Come on man, this is pretty much common sense. Why would AKost sign with us only to be then traded? He could sign with whatever other team wanted him in the trade then instead. Its pretty clear based on the comments by AKost that the Panthers want him if they've negotiated with Traktor to get his release after the season so just forget about the sign & trade thing. We can easily move someone else out if he fits the team as well as Tallon hopes.

CoolburnIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:07 PM
  #80
harv3317
Registered User
 
harv3317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Come on man, this is pretty much common sense. Why would AKost sign with us only to be then traded? He could sign with whatever other team wanted him in the trade then instead. Its pretty clear based on the comments by AKost that the Panthers want him if they've negotiated with Traktor to get his release after the season so just forget about the sign & trade thing. We can easily move someone else out if he fits the team as well as Tallon hopes.
hey man, don't you understand, IT'S AN OPTION!!!!!!! i want him here, but there are many options!!!!!! we may already have a deal with him pending the end of their season, so many things are possible!!! get it?

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:39 PM
  #81
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,528
vCash: 500
Yeah, but it won't happen Harv.

I'm not opposed to AKost, of course, but he still leans toward the softer side I wish we'd get away from. Need a player his style, again, I long for the Lucic, Richards, Backes, etc.

__________________
Future now!
Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:39 PM
  #82
Beezeral
Registered User
 
Beezeral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
hey man, don't you understand, IT'S AN OPTION!!!!!!! i want him here, but there are many options!!!!!! we may already have a deal with him pending the end of their season, so many things are possible!!! get it?
No it's not an option. Now it's possible we sign him then trade him at the deadline if we are out of the race. But there is no possible scenario where he is signed then trad before ever playing a game with the panthers organization

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:47 PM
  #83
Catsfan7
Registered User
 
Catsfan7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Coral Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 694
vCash: 500
Wouldn't he have to go through waivers, then someone would be able to pick him up like Wings Isles Nabby situation.

Catsfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:47 AM
  #84
flapanthersfan
Registered User
 
flapanthersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
hey man, don't you understand, IT'S AN OPTION!!!!!!! i want him here, but there are many options!!!!!! we may already have a deal with him pending the end of their season, so many things are possible!!! get it?
are you seriously trying to be condescending when you're completely and utterly wrong?

a sign and trade with andrei kostitsyn is not an option.. get that thru your head because it has a 0.00% chance of ever occurring.

as has been mentioned SEVERAL times, sign and trades do not happen in the NHL. there is no incentive for the acquiring team OR the player to perform a sign and trade, like there is in the NBA. it is not an option, plain and simple.

get it?

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 09:10 PM
  #85
harv3317
Registered User
 
harv3317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
are you seriously trying to be condescending when you're completely and utterly wrong?

a sign and trade with andrei kostitsyn is not an option.. get that thru your head because it has a 0.00% chance of ever occurring.

as has been mentioned SEVERAL times, sign and trades do not happen in the NHL. there is no incentive for the acquiring team OR the player to perform a sign and trade, like there is in the NBA. it is not an option, plain and simple.

get it?
:shak ehead

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:22 PM
  #86
LUUUUUIS
#CatsAreComing
 
LUUUUUIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
:shak ehead
Well said...

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 11:54 PM
  #87
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
Well said...
Lol, I like the :shake head

Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 04:18 AM
  #88
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 26,948
vCash: 12000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsfan7 View Post
Wouldn't he have to go through waivers, then someone would be able to pick him up like Wings Isles Nabby situation.
IIRC there was some special rule placed for this season about waivers and players coming over from Europe, for example Fehr played in Finland without a contract and then signed with Caps and didn't have to pass waivers.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:29 PM
  #89
Erick*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 13,236
vCash: 500
So, is this actually happening later this year? I'm not his biggest fan, but it would be an upgrade to our team without a doubt.

Erick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:32 PM
  #90
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
So, is this actually happening later this year? I'm not his biggest fan, but it would be an upgrade to our team without a doubt.
It might be enough to push us over the top into a playoff berth. I'm not a huge fan either, but beggers can't be choosers. Similar to Kovalev.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.