HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIII

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Berserker*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
to me it seems like his shoulder is still not 100%. a conditioning stint would be the best thing. but that is unlikely to happen, unless bryan wants to risk losing him through waivers.
Players don't have to pass through waivers for a conditioning stint.

Old
02-04-2013, 08:17 PM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Players don't have to pass through waivers for a conditioning stint.
i know that, but you can't go on a conditioning stint if you are not hurt. hence he would have to pass waivers.

Old
02-04-2013, 08:18 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Regin would definitely pass through waivers.

Old
02-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgieO View Post
Regin isn't a bad player, he's just struggling (a lot) with the offensive side of his game. He needs a "conditioning" stint in Bingo if you ask me. If he regains his offensive ability he could be a very good 3rd line C. He's very good defensively and pitching in 30-35 points would be great. I really think he has that ability and I don't think I'm crazy considering he had 29 in 75 games when he first came up. He also had 49 points in 56 games in Bingo his rookie AHL year, so he's not an offensive black hole despite looking like one so far.

The kid has talent, but he's in a major slump right now. I don't want to give up on him though & hope we can find a way to move him down to Bingo for a week or two to get his game back. We also need to keep in mind that he's hardly played at all the past few years. We're not seeing all he has to offer.
Just because a player puts up a lot of points at the AHL level, doesn't mean that they can replicate those results at the NHL level. I think there is a lot of misconception on this board about point production in the AHL and potential in the NHL. The vast majority of top point producers in the AHL are career AHLers. Regin has some ability but it doesn't look like he will ever be much of a point producer at the NHL level. The way he has been playing this year, he will have to sign a two way contract with a new organization and try and earn a spot in camp. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Regin starts next season in the AHL.

Old
02-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Regin would definitely pass through waivers.
I agree, but he wouldn't have to for a conditioning stint. IMO He should be placed on waivers though.

Old
02-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
i know that, but you can't go on a conditioning stint if you are not hurt. hence he would have to pass waivers.
Are you sure? I thought there were a few players that weren't injured who have been sent down on a conditioning stint. Maybe they were just inactive for a while.

Old
02-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Kezia
egg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
@Qward'sRumours

Iggy is going nowhere. #Sensnotinvolved #notarealtwitteraccount
I didn't know you had inside sources. Lucky.

Old
02-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
I didn't know you had inside sources. Lucky.
Different Qward. I follow him for his jokes more than his rumours.

Old
02-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
If a player like Kessel is on the market, you have to inquire. I'm guessing there would be no deal to be made between Ottawa and Toronto with that type of player. Karlsson hitting Kessel on the break out would be special to watch.

I'd be more interested in Kulemin tbh. He'd fit in well on any line. Could line up on Turris' or Zibanejad's wing for some scoring or Smith's line in a checking role.

Cjam, I'm surprised you wouldn't be in the MacKinnon camp. I cannot think of a better type of player to play with Spezza. That would be a disgusting combo.
As amazing as that would be Mac is a natural center, and I just see something special in Drouin. He has that combination of drive, creativity and skating that make me think he could be the heir to Spezza on this team if we were to get our hands on him. Don't get me wrong I'd be happy with either -- but this team isn't a last overall caliber team anyway I doubt highly we'll get either.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:30 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Montreal's waiving Aaron Palushaj, one of the stars from the Carl Hagelin and Louie Caporusso powerhouse U of Michigan team. Palushaj can be credited for making Caporusso into a player that was considered for the Canadian World juniors.

He might be worth a look if we're gonna be having all these injuries. The farm is depleted with a lot of our prospects being hurt in Hoffman, Stone and Petersson.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:07 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Montreal's waiving Aaron Palushaj, one of the stars from the Carl Hagelin and Louie Caporusso powerhouse U of Michigan team. Palushaj can be credited for making Caporusso into a player that was considered for the Canadian World juniors.

He might be worth a look if we're gonna be having all these injuries. The farm is depleted with a lot of our prospects being hurt in Hoffman, Stone and Petersson.
I'd definitely claim Palushaj, but I might be in the minority in thinking he hasn't got much of a fair shake with the Habs... never really averaged over 8mins/game with them in Montreal. He's been a near-PPG player in the AHL for two seasons running up until this year... He's fast, shifty, his only major drawback is a lack of a physical game.

I mean, he's better than Daugavins, at least. Claim Palushaj, then if you're forced to waive a guy later on, waive the Latvian Lumberjack.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:21 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

We probably owe it to Bingo to find a few more players for them soon as well. Whether that be Daugavins, Zibanejad, someone else or Palushaj it doesn't matter. They need some scoring. It would be terrible if Bingo went from first to missing the playoffs.

Old
02-05-2013, 05:15 AM
bacon25

If Sens are still looking for a cheap center, Manny Malhotra wouldn't cost a lot and is good at face-offs.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:27 AM
OgieO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Just because a player puts up a lot of points at the AHL level, doesn't mean that they can replicate those results at the NHL level. I think there is a lot of misconception on this board about point production in the AHL and potential in the NHL. The vast majority of top point producers in the AHL are career AHLers. Regin has some ability but it doesn't look like he will ever be much of a point producer at the NHL level. The way he has been playing this year, he will have to sign a two way contract with a new organization and try and earn a spot in camp. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Regin starts next season in the AHL.
I said 30-35 points...

Its not like I said 60+. I'd say the fact that he had decent production as a rookie in the AHL and that he produced 29 points in 75 games in his first season in the NHL kinda supports that. I have no misconceptions about anything.

He's hardly played in 2 years. The fact that so many are writing him off after 8 games is absurd.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:29 AM
Quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon25 View Post
If Sens are still looking for a cheap center, Manny Malhotra wouldn't cost a lot and is good at face-offs.
I like Malhotra but another bottom 6 center may be redundant at this point.

Quote:

Do it up.

Old
02-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Mercurial
#lalala

Quote:

If you claim a player on waivers he has to stay with your NHL team. To send him down he'd have to clear waivers again. We wont claim him, we don't have a RW to send down.

Old
02-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Gus Fring

(UPDATE 9:31 AM)- According to Corey Pronman on Twitter, the Binghamton Senators have signed defenceman Brett Lebda to a PTO. Lebda has 397 games of NHL experience with the Red Wings, Leafs and Blue Jackets. Sens morning skate comes at 10:15 AM. Game day post will follow shortly after that.

http://www.senschirp.ca/blog/item/88...ecall-da-costa

Old
02-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Micklebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgieO View Post
I said 30-35 points...

Its not like I said 60+. I'd say the fact that he had decent production as a rookie in the AHL and that he produced 29 points in 75 games in his first season in the NHL kinda supports that. I have no misconceptions about anything.

He's hardly played in 2 years. The fact that so many are writing him off after 8 games is absurd.
People really are down on Regin, but the truth is his line is having ridiculously bad luck; his on ice Shot % (the whole lines) is 4.35%, worst on the team. That is seriously something awful and will regress to the norm (around 8%). Once that happens, assists will come, unless you think that he is the architect of his lines low Shot % (highly unlikely).

Old
02-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
People really are down on Regin, but the truth is his line is having ridiculously bad luck; his on ice Shot % (the whole lines) is 4.35%, worst on the team. That is seriously something awful and will regress to the norm (around 8%). Once that happens, assists will come, unless you think that he is the architect of his lines low Shot % (highly unlikely).
ive always liked Regin, but right now he is nowhere near the player he was before his injuries. Its entirely possible he will get back there - it just takes a little time.
Even more so than usual it seems like there is so much extra motion (shoulders, arms, legs) for him to gain speed that by the time he's rev'd up the play has moved on.
He has a low shooting percentage because his shots are dribbling to the net. he is not getting high quality scoring chances and heeling it - he's barely getting there and then pushing the puck at the net.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Micklebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
ive always liked Regin, but right now he is nowhere near the player he was before his injuries. Its entirely possible he will get back there - it just takes a little time.
Even more so than usual it seems like there is so much extra motion (shoulders, arms, legs) for him to gain speed that by the time he's rev'd up the play has moved on.
He has a low shooting percentage because his shots are dribbling to the net. he is not getting high quality scoring chances and heeling it - he's barely getting there and then pushing the puck at the net.
Please note I'm not referencing his shooting percentage, but the entire group on the ice with him combined. To put it into perspective, his on ice Sh % would have ranked 54th worst in the league among players with 10+ games last year. Thats out of about 500 players. 4 other players are having lousy luck every time he is on the ice too.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:32 AM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
Are those shots rebounds and inside 20 feet OR are they from the perimeter?

Old
02-05-2013, 09:34 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Zuko View Post
(UPDATE 9:31 AM)- According to Corey Pronman on Twitter, the Binghamton Senators have signed defenceman Brett Lebda to a PTO. Lebda has 397 games of NHL experience with the Red Wings, Leafs and Blue Jackets. Sens morning skate comes at 10:15 AM. Game day post will follow shortly after that.

http://www.senschirp.ca/blog/item/88...ecall-da-costa
Huh.

I... umm... sure?

We pillaged Bingo's blueline, the move makes sense in that regard.

The guy DID post a -14 +/- for the Leafs in 2010-11. I can only assume that for THOSE Leafs, it was a team-best stat.

Good vet to have in the farm.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:37 AM
BankStreetParade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Huh.

I... umm... sure?

We pillaged Bingo's blueline, the move makes sense in that regard.

The guy DID post a -14 +/- for the Leafs in 2010-11. I can only assume that for THOSE Leafs, it was a team-best stat.

Good vet to have in the farm.
I'm wondering if this means Benoit, Borowiecki and Weircioch are going to be permanent additions to the Ottawa roster?

Old
02-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Micklebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
Are those shots rebounds and inside 20 feet OR are they from the perimeter?
Its any shot, so if you want to suggest an abnormal amount of perimeter shots while he's on the ice go ahead, but I think that would also be something to regress to the norm.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Micklebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankStreetParade View Post
I'm wondering if this means Benoit, Borowiecki and Weircioch are going to be permanent additions to the Ottawa roster?
I would imagine one of the three will be sent down when Lundin comes back. We certainly don't want Boro or Weir sitting as the 7th dman long term.

Closed Thread