HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Radical rule ideas you'd like to see

Old
02-05-2013, 02:42 AM
MysticLeviathan

vCash: 500
I think goalies should be fair game outside their crease. I think it's baloney that goalies can be 3 feet outside their crease, and then get the benefit of not being allowed to be touched. If this means making the crease much larger, and even extended behind the net where the goalie plays the puck, so be it, but I'm tired of goalies being babied the way they are. It's even more ridiculous with these goals being waved off for goaltender interference. I think they should be reviewed, but ONLY to see if the goalie's outside his crease, in connection with the aforementioned fair game goalie rule.

MysticLeviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:01 AM
MoobMoob
EntertainingasanSTD

I'd like to see a box extending a foot on either side of the cage and 2 feet beyond the top of the crease where if the goalie doesn't stop a shot any freezing of the puck is considered delay of game. Especially to stop goalies from killing pucks on the sides of the cage.

MoobMoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:33 AM
KnightofBoston
Mnt. Carlo

Olympic size rinks
Hybrid icing
Reviewable penalties and coach's challenge, one per team and team loses timeout if over-ruled

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:36 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Any goal or would be goal call is reviewed automatically.

Trapezoid removed.

5 minute majors removed, 6 minute majors replace it however each 2 minute increment is treated as its own PP. Basically no more continuous PP time.

8 minute OT 5 mins of 4 on 4 3 mins of 3 on 3.

2 points for winning in OT or Regulation
1 point for winning in a shootout
0 points for any type of loss

Last edited by PALE PWNR: 02-05-2013 at 03:51 AM.
PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 04:13 AM
LuigiStone*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
how about no
Yeah, I agree. NO!

More fighting please.

LuigiStone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:10 AM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

I don't want anything to change RADICALLY. Most of the point and overtime comments here are far from radical.

I kind of like the idea about a shorthanded goal springing your man from the box.

As long as we're experimenting...it's not radical, but if play is stopped for an injury, that player cannot return to the ice for the rest of the period.

Icing is canceled if you can get all of your players over the center red line before the opposition touches the puck.

Non-dangerous penalties, like delay of game (especially for firing the puck over the glass) or too many men (and perhaps hooking?) don't put one of your players in the box, it just allows the opposition to bring an extra player onto the ice for the duration of the penalty.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Zaffy

IF a team scores on a delayed penalty, they still get the power play.

If a team is on a PP and trailing at the end of regulation or OT, the game doesn't end until their PP does.

Zaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Chippah
Tsssss

If there is no winner at the end of overtime, the tunnels will be barred until the benches dump their contents (dump truck style) onto the ice. The ice is then superheated by laser beams from the scoreboard revealing a pit of starving sharks below. Anyone who makes it back to the locker room can continue their career. This should do a pretty good job of eliminating the tie/shootout debate and everything that comes with it once and for all.

Chippah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:49 AM
putridgasbag
Grand Poohba

vCash: 50
20 or 30 second penalty for delay of the game, icing, puck contacting a high stick and the defending team doesn't get to change their personnel before the faceoff. Add to that no icing during a PK and it could cause some interesting plays.

putridgasbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Fleury4ever

I want to see the goalie crease redefined and simplified.

My idea is a circle that goes around the net (covering an area behind and in front) where the goalie has his special goalie abilities (to not be interfered with, allowed to cover puck, etc.) and then ANYWHERE outside this circle, the goalie becomes a normal player (can check and be checked, go over red line, whatever).

This would make the goalie privileges crystal clear, no grey area, and eliminate the trapezoid's artificial attempt to contain goalie puck handling. It would also give the goalie some clear boundaries on where he can cover the puck, and give them the benefit of more space where Tomas Holmstrom types are not allowed to molest them.

I'd also increase the net size, and rink width (not to full int. size though).

Fleury4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:25 AM
taylord22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaffy View Post
IF a team scores on a delayed penalty, they still get the power play.

If a team is on a PP and trailing at the end of regulation or OT, the game doesn't end until their PP does.
This is the biggest no-brainer, IMO...glad someone else agrees

taylord22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:08 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by amckay6 View Post
A shot clock in the opposing teams end. You have 15 seconds to take a shot on goal and if you don't you have to clear the zone ala being offside. Except on the powerplay of course.
Yikes. This would just lead to every team using the trap. Make the other team dump the puck and chase every time and then pin the puck carrier against the boards. Before you know it that 15 seconds is up.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote