Old
02-05-2013, 02:31 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
In fairness, neither does Allen.
Allen is 2nd in the team behind Beleskey in hits and 3rd for blocked shots. He's also the only one getting into people's faces with little cheap shots after and away from the play. Allen actually IS providing what he was brought here to do. the problem is he's not doing much else of a positive nature.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:31 AM
Papaspud
upsetting the

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckbin15 View Post
as bad as allen has looked out there i really think he brings that scary look and is still bringing something to the table. when fowler returns id much rather him in then vatanen
You're right! I was scared everytime I saw him take the ice.

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:36 AM
Unholy
waifu

If he can cut out the penalties then he will be doing what he was brought in to do. Luckily it didn't cost us tonight.

02-05-2013, 02:36 AM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
You going to deprive these forums of vatanen?
Bruce puts him as a head coach, since he`s the smartest around here. Smart move by Bruce

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:37 AM
Corey Perry*

I'll sleep well tonight after seeing the faces of the Sharks fans after we beat those ****s.

Corey Perry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:42 AM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Allen is 2nd in the team behind Beleskey in hits and 3rd for blocked shots. He's also the only one getting into people's faces with little cheap shots after and away from the play. Allen actually IS providing what he was brought here to do. the problem is he's not doing much else of a positive nature.
ya. now he needs to find a way to do it sneakily lol

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:45 AM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
I think we're all very surprised by how good Etem looks, ever since training camp he really took another step in development. not only is he fast but he is physical, he makes things happen.
Normally I'd roll my eyes, but I'm totally with you here. Etem looks great. He's come so close to scoring so many times and I'm actually pretty proud of how good he's become at distributing the puck.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:46 AM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

Quote:
I think we're all very surprised by how good Etem looks, ever since training camp he really took another step in development. not only is he fast but he is physical, he makes things happen.
He's looked better in his 1st few NHL games than he ever did in the AHL in my opinion.

Some player's individual skills stand out at the AHL level while others require better players around them and more structured play to excel - Etem appears to be in the latter category.

maplehawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:50 AM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
Do you know what song is played after the corny Wild Wing lamp lighting as well? When the orange is poppin' up.
that ''who who who whooo who''? (sounds about right )

Nope

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:23 AM
pesko

Jeez, some of you guys need to pop a Xanax or two. After the first period, Fasth is the worst goalie in the league and we should trade for a goalie... Nope, never mind, he's great. Then it's Allen who's horrible, trade him. No wait, let's trade Perry, he had a bad game. Vatanen is the gretest prospect, oh wait, he made a bad pass, he has no business in the NHL, send him back.

I'm not singling anyone out, it just seems that in every GDT we're overreacting to every single event that happens on the ice and looking for someone to blame, when in fact we're actually playing pretty damn well.

pesko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:32 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Normally I'd roll my eyes, but I'm totally with you here. Etem looks great. He's come so close to scoring so many times and I'm actually pretty proud of how good he's become at distributing the puck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehawk View Post
He's looked better in his 1st few NHL games than he ever did in the AHL in my opinion.

Some player's individual skills stand out at the AHL level while others require better players around them and more structured play to excel - Etem appears to be in the latter category.
sometimes higher end talents they see the game differently than the average lower level player, and it doesn't work, then they get surrounded with more talented players who also see the game similarly and it clicks. like you know how some guys in the offensive zone will try to pass directly to someone, whereas a Getzlaf/Thornton will pass to an open area where someone should be.

teams figured out the RPG line last year, the speed element and forechecking presence Etem can have could work with them, anyways the speed is making things happen out there and that's all you can ask of a 20/21 year old kid

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:37 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesko View Post
Jeez, some of you guys need to pop a Xanax or two. After the first period, Fasth is the worst goalie in the league and we should trade for a goalie... Nope, never mind, he's great. Then it's Allen who's horrible, trade him. No wait, let's trade Perry, he had a bad game. Vatanen is the gretest prospect, oh wait, he made a bad pass, he has no business in the NHL, send him back.

I'm not singling anyone out, it just seems that in every GDT we're overreacting to every single event that happens on the ice and looking for someone to blame, when in fact we're actually playing pretty damn well.
so true

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 04:02 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Great win.

Didn't think the first goal was on Fasth, would of been nice to of held it, but it took a pretty ridiculous close quarters deflection, just a shame it fell to the feet of Couture. Fasth was great tonight, rebound control is iffy at times, but apart from that he's looked really good.

Souray was great again, I'm still so impressed by his defensive work. Had one iffy moment with that 5v3 breakaway for Marleau, but with what Stars fans etc said about his defensive game, I'm pretty happy with it.

Etem looked solid on the top line as well, wonder if he'll see a bit more time there in the future.

All in all, 6-1-1, inflict first regulation loss for the Sharks. This is good

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 04:04 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Oh yeah I loved Souray's interview.

French: "Good game tonight Sheldon"
Souray: "You're welcome"

Old
02-05-2013, 04:18 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

What I like most about Souray (besides his shot) is his presence and composure in the defensive zone. These small things are transferred to the rest of the guys, and might make that small difference which results in a win rather than a loss.

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 04:23 AM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:

You know, you're going to have your Ducks fan card revoked if you keep trying to be logical.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 04:30 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

NHL.com at it again.

"KOI OH KOI"
"FASTH GORDON"

LMAO these guys are ridiculous

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 04:32 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
NHL.com at it again.

"KOI OH KOI"
"FASTH GORDON"

At least we made it onto the front page this time

Old
02-05-2013, 04:37 AM
swissexpert

Quote:

You better not visit the Montreal or Leafs Boards

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:26 AM
JabbaJabba

I had a bad feeling about this game but good to see Anaheim winning this one.

Boudreau should stop his linemixing, if it isn't broken don't fix it. Go with:

Etem-Getzlaf-Perry
Palmieri-Ryan-Selänne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Beleskey-Bonino-Staubitz/Rakell/Holland

Souray-Beauchemin
Sbisa-Vatanen/Fowler
Allen/Vatanen-Lydman

Send DSP down already! And play the hot goalie. BTW, could it be possible for Selänne to take faceoffs but Ryan would play the center role?

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:32 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
NHL.com at it again.

"KOI OH KOI"
"FASTH GORDON"

They should stop those stupid what ever you call those...now it's Fasth & Furious btw

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:36 AM
RorschachWJK

Great win! Fasth seems to be the real deal. Vatanen showed glimpses but overall not ready and made a terrible mistake once. Luckily didn't result in a goal though. That 5 vs. 3 was horribad, can't remember the last time I've seen such a pisspoor performance.

Loving Viaplay! :-)

RorschachWJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

This was the first game where Getzlaf got torched on faceoffs, but everyone was pretty bad. Bonino's numbers were good overal, but he was terrible on defensive zone draws. Thornton and Handzus just ate everyone up.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:47 AM
davidy2d
Heater Clap Bombs

I thought Etem looked good besides that one brutal giveaway in the defensive zone late. Love his speed and ability to drive to the net, had a good scoring chance from that.

Honestly really impressed with Staubitz. Not saying he's anything more than he is but when he was on the ice he hit well I thought and definitely let the Sharks know he was playing.

Fasth looked good but like everyone else is kinda saying I want to see his rebound control get better. Still he looks confident and calm out there. You can work on technique/maybe he'll get better as he adjusts to his dmen and the NA ice but you can't always make a mentally weak goalie into a strong one.

Still not entirely sure what to think of this team yet but I'll take the spot in the standings regardless.

Small note: I know all home broadcasters are guilty of this but Hayward and Ahlers really need to pull it in a bit. One of the more judgmental games I have heard them call and it was embarrassing to hear them call for dives or embellishment or bad penalties what seemed like every few minutes. Burish looked like a dive but everything else was just bad form on them imo. Just a side thought.

davidy2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidy2d View Post
I thought Etem looked good besides that one brutal giveaway in the defensive zone late. Love his speed and ability to drive to the net, had a good scoring chance from that.

Honestly really impressed with Staubitz. Not saying he's anything more than he is but when he was on the ice he hit well I thought and definitely let the Sharks know he was playing.

Fasth looked good but like everyone else is kinda saying I want to see his rebound control get better. Still he looks confident and calm out there. You can work on technique/maybe he'll get better as he adjusts to his dmen and the NA ice but you can't always make a mentally weak goalie into a strong one.

Still not entirely sure what to think of this team yet but I'll take the spot in the standings regardless.

Small note: I know all home broadcasters are guilty of this but Hayward and Ahlers really need to pull it in a bit. One of the more judgmental games I have heard them call and it was embarrassing to hear them call for dives or embellishment or bad penalties what seemed like every few minutes. Burish looked like a dive but everything else was just bad form on them imo. Just a side thought.
I didnt realize how fast etem was until i saw him in person. I heard he was fast but you cant really see the speed on tv(maybe i need a hd tv o.O)

I usually mute the game.

Getz2perry is online now   Reply With Quote