HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Omark ?

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2009, 04:25 AM
Broilers

vCash: 500
Omark ?

We could not sign him. Is he re-entering the draft. Are we loosing his right now.

Old
04-13-2009, 05:26 AM
Fourier

Thed answer appears to be that the Oilers retain his rights. He will likely fall under the "defected status" classification. See here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=546690

Old
04-13-2009, 07:29 AM
Starscream

what confuses me is how come the KHL team was able to sign him before May 15th. But teams that want to sign Jonas Gustavsson have to wait until May 15th because he is playing in the World Championship. Isn't Omark playing the the World Championship as well. So shouldn't the KHL team or us have to wait until May 15th to sign Omark as well?

Old
04-13-2009, 07:41 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
I suspect Omark will be the the new Milkhanov where every few days we will get a new thread

Old
04-13-2009, 07:44 AM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Thed answer appears to be that the Oilers retain his rights. He will likely fall under the "defected status" classification. See here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=546690

Well, if that;s what happens, him signing in Russia might be a good thing from the Oilers' perspective. KHL is one step ahead of SEL and of the AHL and Omark likely would not make the Oilers next year. SO let's hope he does well in Russia and comes over eventually.

Old
04-13-2009, 08:49 AM
metallicat
@metallicat51

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
Well, if that;s what happens, him signing in Russia might be a good thing from the Oilers' perspective. KHL is one step ahead of SEL and of the AHL and Omark likely would not make the Oilers next year. SO let's hope he does well in Russia and comes over eventually.
If the popular opinion is that he likely wouldn't make the Oilers next year, I fail to see why so many people were blowing their loads over him possibly coming over.

Old
04-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Tedi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
If the popular opinion is that he likely wouldn't make the Oilers next year, I fail to see why so many people were blowing their loads over him possibly coming over.
Agreed, other than several youtube highlight goals what do folks really know about him. Schremp also had a few tricks up his sleeve and that hasn't really helped him make the jump either. I'm more interested in Gustavsson at this point.

Old
04-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Oil_Magic

Send a message via MSN to Oil_Magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedi View Post
Agreed, other than several youtube highlight goals what do folks really know about him. Schremp also had a few tricks up his sleeve and that hasn't really helped him make the jump either. I'm more interested in Gustavsson at this point.
Agreed on the Gustavsson front. The world championships should be very interesting from an Oiler stand point this season.

Old
04-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Ramrod
Happily outscoring

Omark has an escape clause where he can leave after the first year of his contract is up. That's a good sign that he's still willing to come over to the NHL and more importantly, the Oilers.

Old
04-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Starscream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil_Magic View Post
Agreed on the Gustavsson front. The world championships should be very interesting from an Oiler stand point this season.
I agreed, Gustavsson is the main free agent I want the Oilers to get.

Old
04-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Oil_Magic

Send a message via MSN to Oil_Magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
I still need to see him actually play to judge if I want him or not.
Can't just trust stats, words or videos anymore......sweet Mikhnov....

Old
04-13-2009, 11:53 AM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
I was not one of those people.
But in response to your question, I think there are several reasons.
1) frustration over the failure to make play-offs--the news of Omark signing in Russia came at the time when the Oilers just got eliminated.
2) perception that the Oilers lost his rights.
3) what can be called Hejda/Glenncross syndrom.

I personally don't think that this is such a big deal. I mean even if Omark signed with the Oilers and made the team, what are the chances that he would be better than Nilsson? I think chances are pretty slim.

Old
04-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Tyrolean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Probably won't get him.

Old
04-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Tedi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrolean View Post
Probably won't get him.
Why's that, we have the least amount invested in a golaie at this point and he would probably get starts with us.

Old
02-05-2013, 05:39 AM
Broilers

Time to trade Omark

Idecided not to start a new thread since we have here some interesting posts. Omark is leading the Swiss league in scoring. He is making 1,5 point/game.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=94565

Swiss league season is soon over and he can be brought to NHL. It seems to me that we need NHL ready center immediately and Omarks value is high now (at least higher than during the last draft) and will drop after this season.

We should not bring him back to Oilers since I have been heard from reliable source that he behaves like a primadonna and is a bad person in the locker room.

I would be happy to get even 4th line NHL ready center in return. Mike Rupp would have been perfect for us. Unfortunately he went to Minny

Old
02-05-2013, 09:05 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broilers View Post
Idecided not to start a new thread since we have here some interesting posts. Omark is leading the Swiss league in scoring. He is making 1,5 point/game.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=94565

Swiss league season is soon over and he can be brought to NHL. It seems to me that we need NHL ready center immediately and Omarks value is high now (at least higher than during the last draft) and will drop after this season.

We should not bring him back to Oilers since I have been heard from reliable source that he behaves like a primadonna and is a bad person in the locker room.

I would be happy to get even 4th line NHL ready center in return. Mike Rupp would have been perfect for us. Unfortunately he went to Minny
Trust me if teams wanted him he'd be dealt.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:21 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

This thread was necro'd yesterday and I moved the posts to the current Omark thread. I am locking this thread so this doesn't keep happening.

Please keep Omark talk in the current Omark thread, or trade proposal tread depending on the topic you are looking to discuss.

Closed Thread