HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Blackhawks Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2013, 05:09 PM
hockeydoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Its awesome for a team like St. Louis who is near the cap floor. Its going to be hard for any team near the cap to make big moves without moving out salary as well.
I'll take Chicago's position over STL's position after this season. Nothing Stillman has done so far shows me he's going to spend like he's going to need to in order to keep that thing together. Players hitting FA soon and Hitchcock won't be able to dictate situational ice time as easily as he's been able to last year and this year. STL entering a volatile timeframe, they won't be hitting the FA market, they have to worry about their own roster the next 24 months. Chicago, despite the tough cap position, is in a much better spot to make a big signing imo. Maybe I'm wrong about Stillman.

I wonder if Weiss would allow a trade, and I wonder if he's completely committed to the idea of hitting the market as a UFA. Goc would be an improvement, but I don't want to see a roster player moved for him. He can win a faceoff and he's somewhat capable offensively but I don't think he's a player well suited for special teams and I don't think he can be relied on for than a few stretches throughout a season. I like his contract though, low risk in terms of the cap hit. Between he and Bolland, at least one of them should be available at 100% health.

Old
02-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

right now, there is no need to change anything. right now you go with what you have. Why mess up what's good enough to be the 1st in the NHL in the Standings?

D is set and good the way it is. Craw and Emery are the goalies. Saad was added cause he played good. If anything, it will come down to a Goc around the TD if anything. We only have a 1st this year. Not going to trade it for a rental

Old
02-04-2013, 07:42 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I find it pretty odd that the one year that Bowman should of stock piled his draft picks is the year he **** the bed with his picks!

2013 is going to be a very solid and deep draft and we dont have a 2nd or 3rd round pick in it...he obviously can make a few trades to get a pick or two (possibly Stalberg moving or Hammer at years end), but this is the year you want to have a lot of picks.

thanks again Stan

Old
02-04-2013, 10:23 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Why is this a dream season to make moves? The Hawks are a team near the cap, they can't just add a ton of salary. Its awesome for a team like St. Louis who is near the cap floor. Its going to be hard for any team near the cap to make big moves without moving out salary as well.
Weiss has an expiring contract so he would be a rental - will not impact the salary cap next season. His $3.1M salary cap pro-rated would be somewhere between $1.5M - $2.0M depending when the trade is made. The Hawks have $3.9M in cap space today and will have increasingly more cap space as the season goes along. Plenty of cap space to rent Weiss and even have enough left to rent another player.

If Florida is out of the playoff race by the end of February, Weiss may become available because Dale can get some assets for him and then still resign him in the summer.

Weiss has historically won about 53% of his faceoffs and he takes the majority of faceoffs for Florida. With Weiss and Toews the Hawks would have a very good faceoff guy take about 75% of the faceoffs - improving the puck possession game they want to play by starting with the puck more often.

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Weiss-Kane
Shaw-Bolland-Stalberg
Carcillo-Kruger-Frolik

That's a lineup that can get to the mountain top.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:22 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
Weiss has an expiring contract so he would be a rental - will not impact the salary cap next season. His $3.1M salary cap pro-rated would be somewhere between $1.5M - $2.0M depending when the trade is made. The Hawks have $3.9M in cap space today and will have increasingly more cap space as the season goes along. Plenty of cap space to rent Weiss and even have enough left to rent another player.

If Florida is out of the playoff race by the end of February, Weiss may become available because Dale can get some assets for him and then still resign him in the summer.

Weiss has historically won about 53% of his faceoffs and he takes the majority of faceoffs for Florida. With Weiss and Toews the Hawks would have a very good faceoff guy take about 75% of the faceoffs - improving the puck possession game they want to play by starting with the puck more often.

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Weiss-Kane
Shaw-Bolland-Stalberg
Carcillo-Kruger-Frolik

Weiss would cost way too much in assets to trade for and not resign.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:33 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
right now, there is no need to change anything. right now you go with what you have. Why mess up what's good enough to be the 1st in the NHL in the Standings?

D is set and good the way it is. Craw and Emery are the goalies. Saad was added cause he played good. If anything, it will come down to a Goc around the TD if anything. We only have a 1st this year. Not going to trade it for a rental
Because the Hawks were 1st at one point last year too, how did that turn out?

Because this almost exact same team lost in the first round last year, you can still improve our C depth, get some size and grit to help us in the play-offs and get a back-up you can rely on more then we have now.

Old
02-05-2013, 05:14 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I agree that we should do a trade LATER in the season. Right now, go and see what you have on your roster and how things develop. Bowman won't be active in the trade market now. That's all I'm saying. Just wait it out a bit longer. Injuries will come as will slumps and other teams will accept that they aren't in the hunt this year. Like the Caps. Right now, there isn't a player I'd take from them.
EDM now with Horcoffs injury could be interested in a guy like Morin, Olsen or Pirri. They lost a leader and C depth and I don't think they will make the POs this year.

Old
02-05-2013, 05:59 AM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I find it pretty odd that the one year that Bowman should of stock piled his draft picks is the year he **** the bed with his picks!

2013 is going to be a very solid and deep draft and we dont have a 2nd or 3rd round pick in it...he obviously can make a few trades to get a pick or two (possibly Stalberg moving or Hammer at years end), but this is the year you want to have a lot of picks.

thanks again Stan
Quit it man. Bowman hasn't killed it. We are in 1st place!! Sure we don't have draft picks 2nd & 3rd rounders. So what. We got Oduya and it looked like and overpayment when we got him... However, Oduya has a solid +/- he is +9 and is signed to a nice contract. Our defense is set this year unlike last year. Give Bowman credit.

Stalberg is probably worth a high 2nd & 5th rounder at this point. We probably get that for him because I agree he will not be in Chicago next season. Only way is if we sign him to a 2.1- 2.3m a year contract and trade Frolik.

Old
02-05-2013, 07:07 AM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post

thanks again Stan
I can't tell if this is serious or not.

Old
02-05-2013, 08:31 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Weiss-Kane
Shaw-Bolland-Stalberg
Carcillo-Kruger-Frolik

This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Weiss would cost way too much in assets to trade for and not resign.
Maybe, we don't know what they want though. We have a lot of assets. But it doesn't have to be Weiss. There will be plenty of options and the Hawks will have more than enough cap room and assets to make any move they want.

Old
02-05-2013, 08:33 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Why is this a dream season to make moves? The Hawks are a team near the cap, they can't just add a ton of salary. Its awesome for a team like St. Louis who is near the cap floor. Its going to be hard for any team near the cap to make big moves without moving out salary as well.
For a post cap free agent class, this one coming up is legendary. And like I said before, the draft is highly regarded and deep. That makes the picks we have left very valuable. Yes, I think the 1st should be in play. We've assembled a strong and deep prospect pool. We can absolutley afford to trade that pick. Not to mention, we're going to have a log jam of forward prospects pretty soon and this would be the time to deal a couple for needs we have now. The value is only going to go down on guys like Hayes, Morin and Pirri if they aren't playing in the NHL.

Old
02-05-2013, 08:55 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
I can't tell if this is serious or not.

Believe me, he’s serious. The trade for Oduya not only costs Hawks two potentially great picks in the strongest draft in years, but when we turned around and overpaid him, it contributed to our cap woes. IMO, those were the worst two moves by Stan since he became Hawk’s GM.
And please don’t anyone post his plus/minus. We all saw the real JO last game when the heat was on…. and it wasn’t pretty.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Illinihockey

The Johnny Oduya sucks meme on this board is just dumb, and its as dumb as the Stalberg thing BWC does. Hawks may not make the playoffs last year without that move, and now he's playing 22 mins a game and people are saying he's overpaid. Its insane.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:14 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Believe me, he’s serious. The trade for Oduya not only costs Hawks two potentially great picks in the strongest draft in years, but when we turned around and overpaid him, it contributed to our cap woes. IMO, those were the worst two moves by Stan since he became Hawk’s GM.
And please don’t anyone post his plus/minus. We all saw the real JO last game when the heat was on…. and it wasn’t pretty.
There are a ton of Dman that make more than Oduya, who aren;t nearly as effective. To say Oduya is over paid is completely wrong on so many counts.

The 2nd and 3rd round picks will be lucky to be NHLers, let alone be as good as Oduya is.

You are also one of the posters that say we should be trading picks/prospects for NHlers and be going for it. that was a step in that direction, and now you are crucifing Stan for it. Oduya was one of the better Dmen on the market, and we got him at a discount.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:17 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
There are a ton of Dman that make more than Oduya, who aren;t nearly as effective. To say Oduya is over paid is completely wrong on so many counts.

The 2nd and 3rd round picks will be lucky to be NHLers, let alone be as good as Oduya is.

You are also one of the posters that say we should be trading picks/prospects for NHlers and be going for it. that was a step in that direction, and now you are crucifing Stan for it. Oduya was one of the better Dmen on the market, and we got him at a discount.
Could have been almost any trade but the one he made. Figures. We move on though, Ribeiro is someone I still have my eye on. He'll definitely be moved if the Caps don't get it together and I don't think they will.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:23 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Could have been almost any trade but the one he made. Figures. We move on though, Ribeiro is someone I still have my eye on. He'll definitely be moved if the Caps don't get it together and I don't think they will.
Ribeiro would be great, wonder what it'd take to get him.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:37 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Ribeiro would be great, wonder what it'd take to get him.
He was dealt for the No. 54 pick and Eakin. I would say bidding starts at a 2nd and 3rd and ends when someone offers a 1st.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
The "real JO" in the last game was our leader in ice time, and along with Hjalmarsson has formed our best and most consistent defensive pairing (at least at even strength) by every relevant statistic while Keith and Seabrook are both slacking off in this early season.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...4+25+26+27+28#

Put another way, here's how our defense has performed this season:

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rati...utes=50&disp=1

HARO+ represents how well they're rated for offense, HARD+ how well they're rated for defense, and the size of the circle represents their ice time. In theory, anything better than 1 means above average. That name way above everyone else in both HARD+ and HARO+? Johnny Oduya.

All the usual caveats apply to these stats: sample size, relevance, intangibles, blah blah blah. But they still show enough of an edge for Oduya to throw the common opinion of him into question.

If you doubt how Oduya will be in the playoffs, that's fine. But right now he's playing great hockey and deserves to be commended for it.

Last edited by Sevanston: 02-05-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old
02-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
He was dealt for the No. 54 pick and Eakin. I would say bidding starts at a 2nd and 3rd and ends when someone offers a 1st.
I'd offer a 2nd and a prospect.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:53 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
. But right now he's playing great hockey and deserves to be commended for it.
No he isn't. He's a turnover machine.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:58 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
I'd offer a 2nd and a prospect.
Maybe 2nd + Jayes or Morin gets it done. I'd work my up with the offers until he was in Chicago.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
No he isn't. He's a turnover machine.
Glad you could ignore everything else in that post.

Per the NHL, Oduya has 3 giveaways, 3rd worst from our defense. Keith 6, Seabrook 8. (Leddy 0, wow)

Again, usual caveats apply to these stats, but they're not even coming close to reflecting what I keep hearing.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Maybe 2nd + Jayes or Morin gets it done. I'd work my up with the offers until he was in Chicago.
I'd rather not give up a 1st round pick for a 25-30 game rental. With the cap in the NHL, you have to keep drafting players that turn into NHL players. Its starting to turn into the NFL in that way.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:09 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
I'd rather not give up a 1st round pick for a 25-30 game rental. With the cap in the NHL, you have to keep drafting players that turn into NHL players. Its starting to turn into the NFL in that way.
We've drafted too many though. It's enough. We traded half a Cup team for picks and prospects. Time to even things out or we'll end up selling them for half price.

I'm ****ing sick of our picks and prospects, makes me want to puke when I see people putting them on a pedestal like each one is Gretzky. Trading one 1st round pick isn't going to change the bloated prospect pool we already have.

Which is better?
Cup with Ribeiro and without the 1st
No Cup without Ribeiro but we keep the 1st

I'm serious as a heart attack too. Maybe not you, but a lot of people on this board would prefer no Cup while keeping the 1st. What are these people planning for?

Old
02-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
We've drafted too many though. It's enough. We traded half a Cup team for picks and prospects. Time to even things out or we'll end up selling them for half price.
Not really, we have some ok prospects but its not like we are brimming with top prospects that are blocked by established NHL players.

Closed Thread