HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Coyotes-Flyers

Old
02-05-2013, 08:16 AM
ducky

vCash: 500
The OP is an awful deal for the Coyotes. Not close.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
Yet Flyer fans think Couturier is worth ridiculous things despite the fact that he's not even a #2 center ATM. OEL IS the Coyotes' best d-man (IMO) and unless their forced too, they have absolutely no reason to trade him for such an underpayment. Even if they were forced too, they could get a better offer. I'd say if they even considered an offer from Philly, it would start with Couturier and then Philly would have to add.

Oh and Schenn's value is lower than it was when he was traded for Richards.

Don't know why anyone would justify this trade. It's absolutely terrible for the Coyotes and they wouldn't do it in a million years.
This is absolutely false. Flyers fans are more than willing to trade Couturier but it has to be for a defenseman that has future #1 potential, not a guy who is a #4 defenseman. FYI, Couturier is Philly's #2 center this season.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:36 AM
PayItForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
This is absolutely false. Flyers fans are more than willing to trade Couturier but it has to be for a defenseman that has future #1 potential, not a guy who is a #4 defenseman. FYI, Couturier is Philly's #2 center this season.
Uh, yeah I know he's technically the Flyers #2 center. But he's not playing like it and he looks completely over whelmed offensively there. Just because Tyler Bozak is on the first line doesn't make him a 1st liner.

And no, not really. Flyer fans wouldn't trade him for Subban because Subban's not an overpayment but hey they'd trade him Pietrangelo. He's basically called untouchable in every thread.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:42 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Phoenix wouldn't be able to file the paperwork fast enough if Philly offered Voracek or B. Schenn for Doan, let alone both those guys.
Uhh no. Both together would be an interesting conversation, but you are not getting Doan for just one. Absolutely not.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:44 AM
roboninja
EYG

Quote:
What?

Are people serious here.

Phoenix wouldn't be able to file the paperwork fast enough if Philly offered Voracek or B. Schenn for Doan, let alone both those guys.
I have to question your seriousness. You really think that PHX would jump on a chance to get Voracek for Doan? Only in the universe where everyone is a PHI fan.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:45 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
What?

Are people serious here.

You are grossly overrating Brayden Schenn.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Prongo
Beer

We are all grossly overrating our own players. This will just go down the same path as all the other OEL to the Flyers trade proposals go down. Just a bunch of bickering bout who is better than who, and then we come to conclusion that we aren't going to make the trade.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:40 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Uhh no. Both together would be an interesting conversation, but you are not getting Doan for just one. Absolutely not.
Shane doan is 36 years old...

I wouldn't mind trading b Schenn or Voracek to get better, but not for Shane Doan. That's completely ridiculous.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
I have to question your seriousness. You really think that PHX would jump on a chance to get Voracek for Doan? Only in the universe where everyone is a PHI fan.
Yes, Shane Doan is on his last legs. Voracek hasn't even hit his prime yet.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:49 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I wouldn't trade OEL.

02-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Broad Street Elite

TBH, I think the more interesting question(s) is:
  1. Do the Flyers have the balls to offer OEL a sizeable offersheet this offseason
  2. Will the NHL (or whomever owns PHX) have the willingness/resources to match
  3. What would the phone call from Bettman to Snider be like if the Flyers did offer sheet OEL

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:55 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I wouldn't trade OEL.
I wouldn't if I were Phoenix either.
Flyers are better off only building through the draft, unless a trade comes along that allows us to add an important young piece.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:58 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
TBH, I think the more interesting question(s) is:
  1. Do the Flyers have the balls to offer OEL a sizeable offersheet this offseason
  2. Will the NHL (or whomever owns PHX) have the willingness/resources to match
  3. What would the phone call from Bettman to Snider be like if the Flyers did offer sheet OEL
If anyone has the balls to do it, it's Ed Snider.

And the phone call would be something like "oh hi Gary, how old were you when I became an nhl owner? 14? Oh ok. So what can I do for you?"

Old
02-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Lessy

That's an awful proposal but I wonder what happens with OEL this summer. If there was ever offer sheet potential this is the guy to do it with with Phoenix's ownership and financial issues.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
This is basically trading Mike Richards and Jeff Carter minus a 2nd round pick and a Wayne Simmonds for OEL and a 37 Y/O Forward with a terrible cap hit and 4 years left on his contract.

I'm not arguing that PHX should do it because OEL should not be traded. However the fact that this is getting laughed at is ridiculous. Shane Doan is worth more to PHX then anyone else outside of PHX that contract is a burden on a team at the cap and he's been with the same franchise forever. However Phi may have a top 10 pick this year + Brayden Schenn + Voracek is the main return we got for both of our franchise centers 2 off seasons ago. Again minus Wayne Simmonds and a 2nd round pick (flipped for Nick Grossmann). It's laughable that OEL who isn't even a top 10 player at his position would return such a bounty.

For the record
Weber
Karlsson
Chara
Pietrangelo
Letang
Doughty
Keith
McDonagh
Edler
Suter
Boyle
Id put oel over a few of those guys personally.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:01 AM
cobra427

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
This is basically trading Mike Richards and Jeff Carter minus a 2nd round pick and a Wayne Simmonds for OEL and a 37 Y/O Forward with a terrible cap hit and 4 years left on his contract.

I'm not arguing that PHX should do it because OEL should not be traded. However the fact that this is getting laughed at is ridiculous. Shane Doan is worth more to PHX then anyone else outside of PHX that contract is a burden on a team at the cap and he's been with the same franchise forever. However Phi may have a top 10 pick this year + Brayden Schenn + Voracek is the main return we got for both of our franchise centers 2 off seasons ago. Again minus Wayne Simmonds and a 2nd round pick (flipped for Nick Grossmann). It's laughable that OEL who isn't even a top 10 player at his position would return such a bounty.

For the record
Weber
Karlsson
Chara
Pietrangelo
Letang
Doughty
Keith
McDonagh
Edler
Suter
Boyle
FYI, OEL is right in the middle of that group...

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:10 AM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
In what universe does Phoenix trade OEL? You just do not trade young #1 dmen with Norris potential. And if you do Giroux is going the other way at a minimum.
If Giroux is a minimum, what's the maximum? Our entire roster?

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:14 AM
flyershockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
If anyone has the balls to do it, it's Ed Snider.

And the phone call would be something like "oh hi Gary, how old were you when I became an nhl owner? 14? Oh ok. So what can I do for you?"
This board would erupt with fans condemning the Flyers based on some unwritten code that's so unwritten that it doesn't exist. It would be like the Weber OS times a million. If Phoenix let it get to that point, I would love to see the Flyers try it. OEL is the exact type of player that the Flyers need going forward.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:48 AM
BrimFullofAsham45

It always makes me LOL when people get their panties in a bunch over an hfboards proposal.

BrimFullofAsham45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:07 PM
PropJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Flyer fans don't want to trade the next "Ron Francis"

As for the Schenn brothers, they continue to grossly overrate their value - especially Brayden's.
I disagree on Schenn. He was the number 1 prospect in hockey. He has the same grade on this site as Couturier. He's produced on every level. Sure he's struggled some in the NHL but I think a lot of Flyers have written him off too quickly.

PropJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:16 PM
projexns
Welcome Back Jets!

Quote:
In what universe does Phoenix trade OEL? You just do not trade young #1 dmen with Norris potential. And if you do Giroux is going the other way at a minimum.
The one with tangerine trees and marmalade skies........

projexns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:02 PM
flyersfan271315

Quote:
lol^ .. giroux>>>>>oel...

However, Ido agree that this proposal is not good at all. Something closer would be Couts+schenns+1st for oel alone. While i dont think either team does this, it is much closer in terms of value.

Last edited by spiny norman: 02-05-2013 at 03:34 PM. Reason: not needed
flyersfan271315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan271315 View Post
lol^ .. giroux>>>>>oel...

However, Ido agree that this proposal is not good at all. Something closer would be Couts+schenns+1st for oel alone. While i dont think either team does this, it is much closer in terms of value.
Weber isn't spelled oel.

Last edited by spiny norman: 02-05-2013 at 03:34 PM. Reason: qmep
Old
02-05-2013, 02:28 PM
flyersfan271315

Quote:
Weber isn't spelled oel.
Thats what it would take to get oel too... READ i also said neither team would do it..

flyersfan271315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:45 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
Id put oel over a few of those guys personally.

I suppose it is up for debate but the only one of that group I'd even consider putting him over is Edler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra427 View Post
FYI, OEL is right in the middle of that group...
No he's really not, unless the middle is the bottom.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote