HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Coyotes-Flyers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2013, 08:16 AM
  #26
ducky
Registered User
 
ducky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Home of Kokanee Beer
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,863
vCash: 500
The OP is an awful deal for the Coyotes. Not close.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:27 AM
  #27
Snotbubbles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
Yet Flyer fans think Couturier is worth ridiculous things despite the fact that he's not even a #2 center ATM. OEL IS the Coyotes' best d-man (IMO) and unless their forced too, they have absolutely no reason to trade him for such an underpayment. Even if they were forced too, they could get a better offer. I'd say if they even considered an offer from Philly, it would start with Couturier and then Philly would have to add.

Oh and Schenn's value is lower than it was when he was traded for Richards.

Don't know why anyone would justify this trade. It's absolutely terrible for the Coyotes and they wouldn't do it in a million years.
This is absolutely false. Flyers fans are more than willing to trade Couturier but it has to be for a defenseman that has future #1 potential, not a guy who is a #4 defenseman. FYI, Couturier is Philly's #2 center this season.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:36 AM
  #28
PayItForward
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
This is absolutely false. Flyers fans are more than willing to trade Couturier but it has to be for a defenseman that has future #1 potential, not a guy who is a #4 defenseman. FYI, Couturier is Philly's #2 center this season.
Uh, yeah I know he's technically the Flyers #2 center. But he's not playing like it and he looks completely over whelmed offensively there. Just because Tyler Bozak is on the first line doesn't make him a 1st liner.

And no, not really. Flyer fans wouldn't trade him for Subban because Subban's not an overpayment but hey they'd trade him Pietrangelo. He's basically called untouchable in every thread.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:42 AM
  #29
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Phoenix wouldn't be able to file the paperwork fast enough if Philly offered Voracek or B. Schenn for Doan, let alone both those guys.
Uhh no. Both together would be an interesting conversation, but you are not getting Doan for just one. Absolutely not.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:44 AM
  #30
roboninja
EYG
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
What?

Are people serious here.

Phoenix wouldn't be able to file the paperwork fast enough if Philly offered Voracek or B. Schenn for Doan, let alone both those guys.
I have to question your seriousness. You really think that PHX would jump on a chance to get Voracek for Doan? Only in the universe where everyone is a PHI fan.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:45 AM
  #31
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
What?

Are people serious here.

Phoenix wouldn't be able to file the paperwork fast enough if Philly offered Voracek or B. Schenn for Doan, let alone both those guys.
You are grossly overrating Brayden Schenn.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:48 AM
  #32
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,880
vCash: 500
We are all grossly overrating our own players. This will just go down the same path as all the other OEL to the Flyers trade proposals go down. Just a bunch of bickering bout who is better than who, and then we come to conclusion that we aren't going to make the trade.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:40 AM
  #33
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Uhh no. Both together would be an interesting conversation, but you are not getting Doan for just one. Absolutely not.
Shane doan is 36 years old...

I wouldn't mind trading b Schenn or Voracek to get better, but not for Shane Doan. That's completely ridiculous.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:47 AM
  #34
Snotbubbles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
I have to question your seriousness. You really think that PHX would jump on a chance to get Voracek for Doan? Only in the universe where everyone is a PHI fan.
Yes, Shane Doan is on his last legs. Voracek hasn't even hit his prime yet.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:49 AM
  #35
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,888
vCash: 500
I wouldn't trade OEL.

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:55 AM
  #36
Broad Street Elite
Registered User
 
Broad Street Elite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,363
vCash: 500
TBH, I think the more interesting question(s) is:
  1. Do the Flyers have the balls to offer OEL a sizeable offersheet this offseason
  2. Will the NHL (or whomever owns PHX) have the willingness/resources to match
  3. What would the phone call from Bettman to Snider be like if the Flyers did offer sheet OEL

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:55 AM
  #37
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I wouldn't trade OEL.
I wouldn't if I were Phoenix either.
Flyers are better off only building through the draft, unless a trade comes along that allows us to add an important young piece.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:58 AM
  #38
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
TBH, I think the more interesting question(s) is:
  1. Do the Flyers have the balls to offer OEL a sizeable offersheet this offseason
  2. Will the NHL (or whomever owns PHX) have the willingness/resources to match
  3. What would the phone call from Bettman to Snider be like if the Flyers did offer sheet OEL
If anyone has the balls to do it, it's Ed Snider.

And the phone call would be something like "oh hi Gary, how old were you when I became an nhl owner? 14? Oh ok. So what can I do for you?"

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:10 AM
  #39
Lessy
Registered User
 
Lessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,413
vCash: 500
That's an awful proposal but I wonder what happens with OEL this summer. If there was ever offer sheet potential this is the guy to do it with with Phoenix's ownership and financial issues.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:17 AM
  #40
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
This is basically trading Mike Richards and Jeff Carter minus a 2nd round pick and a Wayne Simmonds for OEL and a 37 Y/O Forward with a terrible cap hit and 4 years left on his contract.

I'm not arguing that PHX should do it because OEL should not be traded. However the fact that this is getting laughed at is ridiculous. Shane Doan is worth more to PHX then anyone else outside of PHX that contract is a burden on a team at the cap and he's been with the same franchise forever. However Phi may have a top 10 pick this year + Brayden Schenn + Voracek is the main return we got for both of our franchise centers 2 off seasons ago. Again minus Wayne Simmonds and a 2nd round pick (flipped for Nick Grossmann). It's laughable that OEL who isn't even a top 10 player at his position would return such a bounty.

For the record
Weber
Karlsson
Chara
Pietrangelo
Letang
Doughty
Keith
McDonagh
Edler
Suter
Boyle
Id put oel over a few of those guys personally.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:01 AM
  #41
cobra427
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
This is basically trading Mike Richards and Jeff Carter minus a 2nd round pick and a Wayne Simmonds for OEL and a 37 Y/O Forward with a terrible cap hit and 4 years left on his contract.

I'm not arguing that PHX should do it because OEL should not be traded. However the fact that this is getting laughed at is ridiculous. Shane Doan is worth more to PHX then anyone else outside of PHX that contract is a burden on a team at the cap and he's been with the same franchise forever. However Phi may have a top 10 pick this year + Brayden Schenn + Voracek is the main return we got for both of our franchise centers 2 off seasons ago. Again minus Wayne Simmonds and a 2nd round pick (flipped for Nick Grossmann). It's laughable that OEL who isn't even a top 10 player at his position would return such a bounty.

For the record
Weber
Karlsson
Chara
Pietrangelo
Letang
Doughty
Keith
McDonagh
Edler
Suter
Boyle
FYI, OEL is right in the middle of that group...

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:10 AM
  #42
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,187
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
In what universe does Phoenix trade OEL? You just do not trade young #1 dmen with Norris potential. And if you do Giroux is going the other way at a minimum.
If Giroux is a minimum, what's the maximum? Our entire roster?

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:14 AM
  #43
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,833
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
If anyone has the balls to do it, it's Ed Snider.

And the phone call would be something like "oh hi Gary, how old were you when I became an nhl owner? 14? Oh ok. So what can I do for you?"
This board would erupt with fans condemning the Flyers based on some unwritten code that's so unwritten that it doesn't exist. It would be like the Weber OS times a million. If Phoenix let it get to that point, I would love to see the Flyers try it. OEL is the exact type of player that the Flyers need going forward.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:48 AM
  #44
BrimFullofAsham45
Registered User
 
BrimFullofAsham45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 1,470
vCash: 500
It always makes me LOL when people get their panties in a bunch over an hfboards proposal.

BrimFullofAsham45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:07 PM
  #45
PropJoe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Flyer fans don't want to trade the next "Ron Francis"

As for the Schenn brothers, they continue to grossly overrate their value - especially Brayden's.
I disagree on Schenn. He was the number 1 prospect in hockey. He has the same grade on this site as Couturier. He's produced on every level. Sure he's struggled some in the NHL but I think a lot of Flyers have written him off too quickly.

PropJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:16 PM
  #46
projexns
Welcome Back Jets!
 
projexns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
In what universe does Phoenix trade OEL? You just do not trade young #1 dmen with Norris potential. And if you do Giroux is going the other way at a minimum.
The one with tangerine trees and marmalade skies........

projexns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:02 PM
  #47
flyersfan271315
Registered User
 
flyersfan271315's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
In what universe does Phoenix trade OEL? You just do not trade young #1 dmen with Norris potential. And if you do Giroux is going the other way at a minimum.
lol^ .. giroux>>>>>oel...

However, Ido agree that this proposal is not good at all. Something closer would be Couts+schenns+1st for oel alone. While i dont think either team does this, it is much closer in terms of value.


Last edited by spiny norman: 02-05-2013 at 03:34 PM. Reason: not needed
flyersfan271315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:20 PM
  #48
Snotbubbles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan271315 View Post
lol^ .. giroux>>>>>oel...

However, Ido agree that this proposal is not good at all. Something closer would be Couts+schenns+1st for oel alone. While i dont think either team does this, it is much closer in terms of value.
Weber isn't spelled oel.


Last edited by spiny norman: 02-05-2013 at 03:34 PM. Reason: qmep
Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:28 PM
  #49
flyersfan271315
Registered User
 
flyersfan271315's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Weber isn't spelled oel.
Thats what it would take to get oel too... READ i also said neither team would do it..

flyersfan271315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:45 PM
  #50
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,043
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
Id put oel over a few of those guys personally.
.

I suppose it is up for debate but the only one of that group I'd even consider putting him over is Edler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra427 View Post
FYI, OEL is right in the middle of that group...
No he's really not, unless the middle is the bottom.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.