HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME #9 - Canucks 3 @ Oilers 2 - Mancrush on Chris Manev

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 03:48 AM
Zombotron
Hire Jim Benning

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
if you have time id love it!
Zombo got his hands on it.

Old
02-05-2013, 04:01 AM
Zombotron
Hire Jim Benning

Also:

hehehehe

Old
02-05-2013, 04:02 AM
BoHorvatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
So do I.

I forget where I heard it (maybe Hockeycentral at Noon) but someone said he isn't playing for the Canucks he is playing for himself. He plays great, gets his value up & gets a trade in the works. The "doing it for himself" mentality is the exact same mentality Thomas had in the 2010/2011 Season in the same kind of situation & it worked out well. Luongo seems VERY motivated to prove his worth not only to the Canucks but to the GM's & media that think he doesn't have value.
Totally agree!

Very similar situation, some guys perform their best when they're insulted.

Old
02-05-2013, 04:03 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombotron View Post
Zombo got his hands on it.

****ing awesome!!! thanks bro!

Old
02-05-2013, 05:59 AM
Archangel

vCash: 252
same old oilers. The gang the can;t shoot straight

Old
02-05-2013, 06:17 AM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

vCash: 99
Hi,

To keep this post as positive as possible, I have not read a single post in this thread, nor will I. Ignorance is bliss, as they say.

Good come back by the Nucks. Your D is really impressive, limiting the Oilers shots and chances. Luongo looks like he's having a pretty solid, bounce back year. Your forward lines were doing their regular nice job of forechecking and cycling, which didn't take it easy on our depleted D corps.

Nice comeback win, but I will maintain, as opposed to many on our boards, as well as your boards possibly, that the Oilers did a pretty good job against a better team and stayed in the game quite well.

Wish Hall would've scored on that penalty shot.

Old
02-05-2013, 08:44 AM
NYVanfan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Hi,

To keep this post as positive as possible, I have not read a single post in this thread, nor will I. Ignorance is bliss, as they say.

Good come back by the Nucks. Your D is really impressive, limiting the Oilers shots and chances. Luongo looks like he's having a pretty solid, bounce back year. Your forward lines were doing their regular nice job of forechecking and cycling, which didn't take it easy on our depleted D corps.

Nice comeback win, but I will maintain, as opposed to many on our boards, as well as your boards possibly, that the Oilers did a pretty good job against a better team and stayed in the game quite well.

canucks need to win it before the oil get too damn good ...cause it aint gonna be long...
cheers

Old
02-05-2013, 09:07 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonlee View Post
It will be interesting to see how the Canucks PP unit sets up when everyone is healthy.

Considering how awful they have looked, I think all options should be explored. I suspect the Sedins, Kesler and Edler are all locks for the first unit. The final spot probably comes down to Hamhuis and Kassian, and you would have to give the edge to Hamhuis.
I'd rather have Kassian in front of the net and put Kesler at the point with Edler. Have a left and right hand shot. Saves Kesler the beating in front of the net as well.

Quote:
Bieksa/Garrison are locks for the second unit, with the final three spots likely coming down to Kassian, Schroeder, Booth and Burrows.

Although in reality, the first thing they should do is fire Newell Brown. His inability to make PP scheme adjustments is the real problem with the PP.
Agreed. Bieksa Garrison on the second unit with Schroeder running things should be the way to go. Burrows or Raymond as the other forward and Booth in front of the net.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:11 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
In spite of the somewhat sloppy play from the Sedins, they did seem to be matched up against the kid line for Edmonton tonight and held them pointless. Have to be happy about that aspect of their game at least.
Sedins came alive after Burrows was put on their wing. They were terrible before that. The Oilers are a faster team and having 3 average speed guys (with Kassian) on that line wasn't working as the Sedins could not set up in the offensive zone. Nice in game adjustment by AV for once.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

vCash: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
canucks need to win it before the oil get too damn good ...cause it aint gonna be long...
cheers
Agreed. Vancouver fans, more than anybody, should and probably do realize what happens when you start from scratch. Before the internets, Vancouver was my 2nd favorite Canadian team.....and I've been watching them since the Oil started, so I have seen the bad old days for you guys allot.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Sedins came alive after Burrows was put on their wing. They were terrible before that. The Oilers are a faster team and having 3 average speed guys (with Kassian) on that line wasn't working as the Sedins could not set up in the offensive zone. Nice in game adjustment by AV for once.
I would actually say the Oilers are pretty slow outside of a few players, especially on D. Kassian was just coasting, plain and simple. (He wasn't alone though.)

Old
02-05-2013, 09:49 AM
YouCantYandleThis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
I would actually say the Oilers are pretty slow outside of a few players, especially on D. Kassian was just coasting, plain and simple. (He wasn't alone though.)
Yeah, definitely wasn't his best effort out there. There were a few times he was visibly coasting around the defensive zone, which is a big no-no. And he's so ****ing huge that he's so noticeable when he does it.

Shades of Bertuzzi again...hopefully AV will take the less Crawford-like approach and try to teach these habits out though.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Morning after thoughts... Best game the Canucks have played. I hear Chapman this morning woeing on the Canucks, but from what I saw the Oilers were playing a very sound defensive game, blocking shots. But the Canucks dominated that game IMHO. They were the better team, and aside from the Sedins, the other three lines out skated the Oilers most of the night.

The problem with the Sedins is there is no purpose in their play right now. It is all mechanics and motions. Especially on the PP. They had some urgency in their PP towards the end of the game, and the best part was the reaction to the OT goal.

They reacted asd a team, the first time really this season. I think this game meant more to the Canucks than we think.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:53 AM
PRNuck
Rekt.

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
Nice work as always Mak. Check out the sweet boardwork by Ballard at 6:40 to set up the GWG, can we get some love for him?

I only caught the end of the game (luckily). Did Kassian get doghoused?

Old
02-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Andre Boudrias

Send a message via MSN to Andre Boudrias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Hi,

Bounce Back year?
2011-2012
31-14-0-8 5 SO .919%SV 2.41GAA

Old
02-05-2013, 09:56 AM
PRNuck
Rekt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc View Post
Bounce Back year?
2011-2012
So funny right? Such a case study in ignorance.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Is that really necessary? Maybe he's wrong but he was polite.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Lonny Bohonos
$15mil Mentor-pede

Man Raymond just cant seem to get up a level. That Bieksa shot rebound in the middle of the second he either could have waited or passed back to Bieksa .

Old
02-05-2013, 10:15 AM
PRNuck
Rekt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Is that really necessary? Maybe he's wrong but he was polite.
I wasn't talking about him in particular, just the general reaction from the hockey world.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Doobie Dubois

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Agreed. It's really humorous.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Free Edler
Soft.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Eddy Punch Clock
Everybody calm down

Quote:
Bounce Back year?
2011-2012
Beat me to it. I gotta get up earlier.

Anyways, not suggesting the team isn't tight in the locker room, but I think last nights game just got them tighter as a unit and they're going to go on a tear. Comeback win, Lou saving Daniels arse on the penalty shot in OT, and of course the elation of the whole team as "the kid" gets his first NHL goal... an OT GWG none the less.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:26 AM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
I'd rather have Kassian in front of the net and put Kesler at the point with Edler. Have a left and right hand shot. Saves Kesler the beating in front of the net as well.

Agreed. Bieksa Garrison on the second unit with Schroeder running things should be the way to go. Burrows or Raymond as the other forward and Booth in front of the net.
Yep, agreed. Kesler on the point gives you that big right shot that 1st unit would be much better served with. Has the speed to get back and cover for mistakes. And also saves him the physical abuse - a big guy like Kassian could handle that much better imo.

For the 2nd unit I'd put Schroeder on the half-wall opposite Raymond, with Booth in front of the net. Juice and Garrison man the points. No more of this high slot business for the only other natural playmaker on the team.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:28 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Bounce Back year?
2011-2012
Also look at what those numbers look like if you eliminate his October work. Eliminate the outlier and you get an idea of how consistent he really was. It looks like he's kicked it up a notch this year, but I wouldn't say it's a bounce back year at all.

02-05-2013, 11:33 AM
PRNuck
Rekt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Yep, agreed. Kesler on the point gives you that big right shot that 1st unit would be much better served with. Has the speed to get back and cover for mistakes. And also saves him the physical abuse - a big guy like Kassian could handle that much better imo.

For the 2nd unit I'd put Schroeder on the half-wall opposite Raymond, with Booth in front of the net. Juice and Garrison man the points. No more of this high slot business for the only other natural playmaker on the team.
I know he can't shoot, but I always find myself wishing they'd give Ballard a shot on PP2, given how much the team struggles to actually enter the zone most of the time. When he decides he wants to, the dude can just waltz the puck in. If they actually designed plays based around that, like a guy going to the net to get the rebound off his inevitably saved wrister, they could get something going.

Closed Thread