HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 01:47 AM
binop7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
If AV had started Schneider this game, then he would have only opened the door to a controversy. Riding the hot hand, making this a pure meritocracy, is the only way to keep the dogs at bay here. This is what AV is doing. Now it's up to Schneider to _earn_ the net back. I believe he can do exactly that.

Liut states that he's pragmatic. He was also a former goaltender. I think he and Schneider have a pretty good handle on what to expect from here on out. Earn your shot, stay professional, and the situation will resolve itself naturally. Got to have some mental toughness, and Schneids has it in spades.
How does Schneider earn the net back if he isn't getting starts? You guys don't have a back to back till Mid Feb I believe, so is RL going to get the next 4-5 games?

Old
02-05-2013, 01:49 AM
StringerBell

I don't think Lu has started in Minnesota in the last year or two. Would be more surprised to see him get the next game than Schnu.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:50 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 5158
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
I watched the game. Roberto basically stole two points for his team tonight. Perfect time for a trade or is he playing too well to let go? For the Canucks, not a bad problem to have, but somebody is going to have to make a really interesting decision at some point.
Aye. I believe this issue is indeed, his contract and age. While they are both vastly overblown on HF. There is merit to the criticism. If Gillis cannot get the value he's sought Luongo now, he is never going to. At this point, I would hold onto Luongo until the offseason unless a "can't refuse" offer comes along for either him or Schneider.

Might end up taking less though.

Old
02-05-2013, 03:18 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Luongo is seriously having a insane year considering everything he went through.

Gillis must be licking his chops watching his value keep skyrocketing.

Old
02-05-2013, 03:34 AM
topcat986*

As long as Luongo does not end up as a Leaf I am Happy. I state this due to fact way to many of there fans have degraded and put down his value. James Reimer oh yeah that is a playoff teams goalie lmfao

Old
02-05-2013, 04:04 AM
NugentHopkinsfan

He's not available sorry.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:00 AM
LeftCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Luongo is seriously having a insane year considering everything he went through.

Anyone who needed to see Luongo play this year to know he's a great goal tender hasn't been paying attention for the last 10 - 12 years.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:06 AM
gabeliscious

Quote:

or schneiders value plummeting.

luongo is performing as advertised. no one is shocked that he is a good goalie. it doesnt change anything regarding his contract. his value is hurt by his contract not his ability to stop the puck

Old
02-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post

luongo is performing as advertised. no one is shocked that he is a good goalie. it doesnt change anything regarding his contract. his value is hurt by his contract not his ability to stop the puck
At least rival fans are realizing this now. Was not the case in the off-season.

I don't think Schneider's value has changed at all though.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Linden
[hello] :)

Quote:

really? Half of the discussion on these threads have been people saying he wasn't in the top 10 for goalies and already declining. Schneider has very good numbers I you exclude the first game, so I don't see how his value drops significantly

Old
02-05-2013, 10:15 AM
vanwest

Quote:

Any GM who bases a player's value on a 3 or 4 game sample size will soon be an unemployed GM.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:19 AM
daveleaf

Luongo is playing just like he always does during the season. Always plays well, problem is once he gets in the playoffs and his success has not been that great in Van or internationally. I like Lu but I think he would be a better playoff performer elsewhere where he isn't the face of the franchise. When he had a bad game someone else had to step up and no one ever did.

I think the return will be a lot less than some believe. Toronto is not hard up for him since they don't have a good enough team to warrant such a move. Florida? Wsh? Other than Florida, is there another team that will take the contract?

Old
02-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Ballgarath

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Any GM who bases a player's value on a 3 or 4 game sample size will soon be an unemployed GM.
sample size is 3-4 games? umm try 12 years , any gm that needed to see LU play this year in order to see his value has his head up his rear.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Zoombie

Quote:

If his trade value has increased (its always been high, he's a good goalie) I'm not sure it makes a difference as no teams were willing to meet the previous (slightly lower) price.

Though Lou is playing well, I think it would be a huge mistake to hold on to him until the offseason as Van would be forced to move him to keep under the cap and other teams will take advantage of that fact.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:46 AM
doorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
If his trade value has increased (its always been high, he's a good goalie) I'm not sure it makes a difference as no teams were willing to meet the previous (slightly lower) price.

Though Lou is playing well, I think it would be a huge mistake to hold on to him until the offseason as Van would be forced to move him to keep under the cap and other teams will take advantage of that fact.
I agree in the off season I think his value decreases, I know Nucks fans will disagree and that's fine. But Luit talking about the situation and making comments that can or will be taken out of context, though I am not sure how some can be, doesn't help Gillis' cause, IMO.

Last edited by doorman: 02-05-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old
02-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Newfie John
Hall of Famer

Now Schneider's agent is openly pushing for the trade. The pressure mounts to trade a guy who no one wants to pay anything for.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Diamonddog01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie John View Post
Now Schneider's agent is openly pushing for the trade. The pressure mounts to trade a guy who no one wants to pay anything for.
Why do Leafs fans keep on repeating various versions of this in this thread?

Old
02-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 302
Quote:
schneiders agent is going to get his client traded if he doesn't shut his mouth.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:49 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:

Doesn't sound like it's going up much.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Doesn't sound like it's going up much.
According to... ?

Old
02-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Co Ho*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
They wish Luongo would be traded for scraps so their team would go from mediocre to playoff team/contender overnight, a pipe dream for Leaf fans

Old
02-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
I'm not a Leaf fan but I believe it to be true. That cap hit for so long makes him pretty difficult to add to any franchise especially when the cap drops next season. Toronto makes the most sense because they've been the type of organization to say damn the consequences lets get him now and worry about that contract later, them or Philly.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:04 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleaf View Post
Luongo is playing just like he always does during the season. Always plays well, problem is once he gets in the playoffs and his success has not been that great in Van or internationally. I like Lu but I think he would be a better playoff performer elsewhere where he isn't the face of the franchise. When he had a bad game someone else had to step up and no one ever did.

I think the return will be a lot less than some believe. Toronto is not hard up for him since they don't have a good enough team to warrant such a move. Florida? Wsh? Other than Florida, is there another team that will take the contract?
That's just wrong.

Luongo was the reason the Canucks got to game 7 of the SCF. Without him we may not even make it to the SCF, and we certainly don't make it to game 7 if we did make it that far. And where do you get that he hasn't been good internationally? Luongo has been stellar internationally.

Quote:
Luongo has been one of the best goalies in the NHL this season. We're perfectly happy to keep him.

02-05-2013, 12:09 PM
RECsGuy*

In response to Liut's remarks that Luongo be dealt ASAP to make way for his client...

@benkuzma
Gillis on Schneider: "We are conscious of ice time and we have to win games. We don't have the luxury of peoples' feelings."

https://twitter.com/benkuzma/status/298836447979528192

Break out the popcorn, folks. As time winds down, patience is wearing thin.

Last edited by RECsGuy*: 02-05-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old
02-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Co Ho*

I think the Canucks get a bye from both parties until at least the trade deadline.

Closed Thread