HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#9 - 02/05/2013 | New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils | 7:00 PM - MSG

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 10:35 AM
MrQuotes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils86 View Post
You are sooooooooooo wrong. First Lang checked out after he was schartched for a game. Lou tried to have him wave his NTC, he wouldnt. His kids were is school and didnt want to move. Finally it got so bad he agreed if he could pick the team, he got traded back to Dallas for that year. Parises father was a strong influence in him leaving plus if you listened to, which I know you didnt, Parise's presser when he got signed he said he and Suter have been throwing around playing together for years and this was the best spot. You do know Parise and Suter got married in the same church(Not to each other but there are whispers). Suters wife grew up one town over fron where the Parises live. That ZP build a 3 million dollar home on a lake 2 years ago 30 min outside St Paul. Every sign pointed to him leaving and it has NOTHING to do with Kovy
what are you doing? let this man speak ignorantly about locker room's he knows nothing about!

Old
02-05-2013, 10:37 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
Rangers fans, are JA and I am Chariot the same person?
Look, a lot of people feel your team made a mistake choosing Kovalchuk over Parise.

You come in here poking the bear and it's going to come up. Parise is EVERYTHING a hockey player should be. Kovy, other than his shot, not so much.

Paid too much for a non character guy who has a rep of a ME FIRST player.

Its just an opinion.

I'd be happy talking about the rise of David Clarkson. A more positive story for the Devils for sure.

02-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangleberry View Post
4th line could be a liability for us. New faces, first time playing together. We'll see.
The 4th line will be fine. JT Miller was the best forward on a U.S. WJ Team that Matteau didn't even make. And he started the season with the Devils.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:40 AM
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Look at this graph.

vCash: 50
LOL! I'm sorry but their GDT is pretty hilarious. Brodeur spartan kicking Hank into the abyss made me lol.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:40 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
The 4th line will be fine. JT Miller was the best forward on a U.S. WJ Team that Matteau didn't even make. And he started the season with the Devils.
He was?

Old
02-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontPass2Clarkson View Post
There was 3 straight years of Zach "William Wallace" Parise leading 107, 99, and 106 point teams to nothing better than 2nd round exits, before Kovalchuk came along. And within 2.5 years of Kovalchuk joining the team, they suddenly make the finals.

Keep pretending it was Parise and not Kovalchuk kid.
The Devils made the finals because the Flyers couldn't play defense and the Rangers were dead tired by the third round. One bad bounce and they are out in the first round. Those are the facts. Some years things break your way. That happened last year. It was not a Kovalchuk led demolition of the Eastern Conference.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:44 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
You are sooooooooooo wrong. First Lang checked out after he was scratched for a game. Lou tried to have him wave his NTC, he wouldnt. His kids were is school and didnt want to move. Finally it got so bad he agreed if he could pick the team, he got traded back to Dallas for that year. Parises father was a strong influence in him leaving plus if you listened to, which I know you didnt, Parise's presser when he got signed he said he and Suter have been throwing around playing together for years and this was the best spot. You do know Parise and Suter got married in the same church(Not to each other but there are whispers). Suters wife grew up one town over from where the Parises live. That ZP build a 3 million dollar home on a lake 2 years ago 30 min outside St Paul. Every sign pointed to him leaving and it has NOTHING to do with Kovy
When you sign a FA to a 100 million dollar contract, you set the bar. That day the Devils told Parise he was LESS THAN Kovalchuk.

Every Devil that leaves is garbage, damaged, over the hill, a cancer...

Just own that your team stabbed their homegrown kid in the back and move on. It's just a game and Parise is probably better off in the long run.

One day you will understand.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:44 AM
NYR1967

Zipay tweeting that Bickel is in a D practice jersey. C'mon Torts! WTF?

Old
02-05-2013, 10:45 AM
16 To Stanley*

Not sure if i am on the rangers or devils board. Why can't we rip the devils like they rip us on there board.. so touchy

and the rangers are taking time to mesh. they'll be fine.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:46 AM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR1967 View Post
Who's not, Gilroy?

Old
02-05-2013, 10:47 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Not sure if i am on the rangers or devils board. Why can't we rip the devils like they rip us on there board.. so touchy

and the rangers are taking time to mesh. they'll be fine.

I'm not allowed on their board. They can't handle it. Not even a little bit.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:50 AM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontPass2Clarkson View Post
There was 3 straight years of Zach "William Wallace" Parise leading 107, 99, and 106 point teams to nothing better than 2nd round exits, before Kovalchuk came along. And within 2.5 years of Kovalchuk joining the team, they suddenly make the finals.

Keep pretending it was Parise and not Kovalchuk kid.
You need players like Kovalchuk and Parise to win Cups. The Devils have a better chance with both of them on the roster than either one alone.

02-05-2013, 10:50 AM
Devils86

Quote:
I remember HNiC announcers ripping the pick that he was more a 2nd/3rd rounder but then again I have no clue why we didnt forfit the pick last year.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
He was?
Yes. Gaudreau was good for two and a half games. Galchenyuk was ok. JT led the team in scoring, won big draws and provided a big time physical presence. So, IMHO he was the best forward on team USA. I thought the second best was Cole Bardreau who didn't score all that much at all.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Ahh...yes. You know that it's a day of a Devils game when all of their posters flock to our board in defense of their team.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
I remember HNiC announcers ripping the pick that he was more a 2nd/3rd rounder but then again I have no clue why we didnt forfit the pick last year.
It was a mystery to many, although it might have to do with Lou's age and him wanting to deter the negative impact on his team to a time when, perhaps, he was no longer the GM.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Look at this graph.

vCash: 50
John Mitchell

9gp 4g 3a 7pts

Random fact. I'm bored.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:54 AM
blamebettman*

Quote:
The Devils made the finals because the Flyers couldn't play defense and the Rangers were dead tired by the third round. One bad bounce and they are out in the first round. Those are the facts. Some years things break your way. That happened last year. It was not a Kovalchuk led demolition of the Eastern Conference.
One bad bounce and the Rangers don't get by hapless Ottawa, or Washington

Old
02-05-2013, 10:55 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR1967 View Post
Well...so much for that.

Come on Torts. Sather just gave you a full bench to use, and you go with the guy you trust as far as you can throw him...makes no sense.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:56 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Ahh...yes. You know that it's a day of a Devils game when all of their posters flock to our board in defense of their team.
Because nothing of the same sort isn't happening on our board.

This one sided rivalry thing is great!

Is the line-up in the OP confirmed? Heading out in a few and won't be back until after the game tonight..

Won't be surprised if Bickel is playing.. and taking the opening faceoff :p

Old
02-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Devils86

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post
When you sign a FA to a 100 million dollar contract, you set the bar. That day the Devils told Parise he was LESS THAN Kovalchuk.

Every Devil that leaves is garbage, damaged, over the hill, a cancer...

Just own that your team stabbed their homegrown kid in the back and move on. It's just a game and Parise is probably better off in the long run.

One day you will understand.
Homegrown Kid..who are we talking about Jim Dowd? Its your opinion and your allowed it but he was leaving Kovy or not. Very simillar to Scott Neidermayer who left for reason beyond team.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
It was a mystery to many, although it might have to do with Lou's age and him wanting to deter the negative impact on his team to a time when, perhaps, he was no longer the GM.
What was the deadline when they had to decide to forfeit the pick or not?

My guess is that they had some players they liked a lot and felt would be available around their draft position, so they decided not to forfeit the pick. Could hurt them in the long run but who knows

edit: the lineup isn't confirmed, Torts just said he's not telling who's in or out yet. Probably won't know until pre-game

It's a safe bet the top 2 lines and top 2 D pairings are set though

Old
02-05-2013, 10:59 AM
nyrangers1991

Looking forward to this happening tonight.

Edit: Suppose to be a video of Miller undressing Larsson. Unfortunately, I am noob.

Last edited by nyrangers1991: 02-05-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old
02-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blamebettman View Post
One bad bounce and the Rangers don't get by hapless Ottawa, or Washington
Neither Ottawa or the Caps were hapless. You now have zero credibility but I'll continue anyway. The post was in response to a post that made it sound like last year's Devil run was possible because #17 was the leader instead #9. And when #9 was the leader they couldn't get past the second round. It had nothing to do with whether the Rangers were the better team. But thanks for chiming in inappropriately.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:01 AM
turcotte8

Pat Leonard ‏@NYDNRangers

Stralman is playing tonight #NYR

Closed Thread