HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dave Stubbs calls PJ Stock a "sensational[ist], irresponsible" liar for PK comments

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 10:47 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
On Fowler and Hedman, how are those contracts looking now? As for Benn, having watched him play quite a bit, he is in my opinion worth the money. We had this discussion a week ago or so right here re: value, pk vs benn, which was then posted on the main board and I think it was clear that most people see more value in Benn. Again, good on Bergevin for signing him to that contract.
Benn and Subban are comparables. Haters on this board. Don't pretend you don't know, some won't give Karlsson the credit he deserved either, are they right?

Quote:
Yes, a very good #2
Fair enough, we agree. However, so very good #2 D-men deserve 2.8 mil a year? Again "very good #2" aka legit top pairing D deserves 2.8 mil a year average? That's what you alluded to.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Huh... Why not make a petition for the level of referee'ing?
I'm sure there is one somewhere.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Oh I'm with you that because he carries that reputation (his fault) some things are potentially blown out of proportion. No disagreement here. My post that you quoted was just to adress those who claim anything on PK is lies, BS, etc.
alot of it is conjecture...

Old
02-05-2013, 10:50 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Im surprised by some of your posts.

Just cause we dont like what he has to say doesnt mean he is wrong. We also dont know what proof he has. I dont think anyone in their right mind would go on national TV and tell a bold face lie. He must have heard something about this from someone.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Sure, if you're happy with your appropriately paid average defenseman with attitude issues (my opinion anyway), you win.

That said, there's nothing that says this experience isn't/wasn't humbling to him and he'll fall in line, perform well and earn a better contract after this one. I will say this, the Montreal media, Stubbs included, are partly responsible for Subban seeing more value in himself than there actually is. I'm very happy that Bergevin stuck to his guns. Passed that first test with flying colors in my opinion.
I think you need to adjust your glasses. You've lost any credibility you had. Not speaking as a homer. Most stats show P.K. to be way above average. Most fans of other teams can see this. This should tell you something about yourself.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
How can you agree its blown out of proportion then go around posting he's a cancer?

I also like that it's "his fault" apparently. He's responsible for some of it but the media and company like PJ don't add to this ridiculous persona? That's the discussion here, PJ stock being PJ stock. Throwing a line on TV to sound informed and push an agenda to gain more attention.
Saying things like "he's got his ipod on, looooook" is blowing it out of proportion. Don't be homer enough to think that this reputation wasn't brought on by PK himself. Seems like you see blame to go around for everybody in this whole thing except PK.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post

Just cause we dont like what he has to say doesnt mean he is wrong. We also dont know what proof he has. I dont think anyone in their right mind would go on national TV and tell a bold face lie. He must have heard something about this from someone.
Hearing SOMETHING, from SOMEONE...does not mean it's ok to go on National TV and say

"No one on the team likes PK Subban"

Old
02-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Iron Throne
Thats not sarcasm

What irks me is that P.J can't speak English or French and has a job

Old
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post

You're one of the guy who called the cops after the chara hit aren't you?
no not at all that was just crazy lol. If you don't want to sign it then don't comment on it . This is NOT me speaking as a habs fan in fact most fans around the league mostly in Canada of course can't stand the guy.

Old
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

Maybe, but look at evidence.

After a lockout where players fought for pennies. Are they seriously upset subban took a week longer to sign?

It's not impossible people don't like him but after this? This is the context, that Subban took a week longer to sign after a CBA negotiation and people hate him??? At a certain point...

Old
02-05-2013, 10:54 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Saying things like "he's got his ipod on, looooook" is blowing it out of proportion. Don't be homer enough to think that this reputation wasn't brought on by PK himself. Seems like you see blame to go around for everybody in this whole thing except PK.
Again, so you saying he's a cancer is what, accurate?

Old
02-05-2013, 10:55 AM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
CBC really needs to replace everybody, except for Ron MacLean and Don Cherry. Healy and Hughson and Simpson first to go.

Get Mike Milbury back, add a Brett Hull or a Roenick to make things controversial, I don't give a **** have Donald Brashear try to put 3 words together without getting a concussion, anybody!
Are you serious, or trolling?

MacLean is an enabler. A puppet. Instead actually mediating anything, he sits there and lets people go off. It's a gong show. When Stock wasn't apart of the Hotstove, at least I could enjoy that.

I haven't given Cherry the bigot a moment of my time in 10 years.

CBC does nee to do a complete overhaul. I do like Kevin Weekes. I think he's found his platform in the studio. He's about the only one worth keeping.

That said, it won't happen. The others pander to the Leafs and Bruins market. I mean really, they waited until a Toronto home game on a Saturday night to honour the 60 anniversary of CBC HNIC on tv? That couldn't have been done on opening night?

As long as there are people with an IQ under 90, the current style of HNIC will have a following. The rest of the world will just have to get it's hockey elsewhere. I know I do.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Benn and Subban are comparables. Haters on this board. Don't pretend you don't know, some won't give Karlsson the credit he deserved either, are they right?

Fair enough, we agree. However, so very good #2 D-men deserve 2.8 mil a year? Again "very good #2" aka legit top pairing D deserves 2.8 mil a year average? That's what you alluded to.
If you see the same value in Benn and Subban, that's you. Most disagree: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...ht=benn+subban Are they all haters and you're right? If so, our discussion ends here.

Bergevin seems to want to implement this policy, Price and Pac went through it. I think it's a cautious way to approach contracts with young players to avoid mistakes. Of course, if Subban was an elite, franchise type talent, I doubt that self imposed rule would've applied.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
If by this you mean...

he brought it onto himself because he's a personality in a sport that tends to try to mute personalities

Then I guess yes, you're right...he brought it onto himself.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:57 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Maybe, but look at evidence.

After a lockout where players fought for pennies. Are they seriously upset subban took a week longer to sign?

It's not impossible people don't like him but after this? This is the context, that Subban took a week longer to sign after a CBA negotiation and people hate him??? At a certain point...
I am certainly not defending PJ Stock cause I think he is a tool bag, but who knows, maybe they didnt like what PK said to the media about being paid what hes worth.

Old
Coldplay
Courage

Have we degenerated into calling each other homers now?

Newsflash - we're all homers to a certain extent just by posting on this board.

Old
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I think you need to adjust your glasses. You've lost any credibility you had. Not speaking as a homer. Most stats show P.K. to be way above average. Most fans of other teams can see this. This should tell you something about yourself.
I adressed that already, read whole thread.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Again, so you saying he's a cancer is what, accurate?
It's my opinion.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
If you see the same value in Benn and Subban, that's you. Most disagree: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...ht=benn+subban Are they all haters and you're right? If so, our discussion ends here.

Bergevin seems to want to implement this policy, Price and Pac went through it. I think it's a cautious way to approach contracts with young players to avoid mistakes. Of course, if Subban was an elite, franchise type talent, I doubt that self imposed rule would've applied.
So you're using a HF Boards poll, involving the Habs no less, as some sort of official valuation of PK Subban vs Jaime Benn?

Personally, and taking out ALL my Habs bias...I personally think PK Subban's game (on the ice) is very underrated.

His larger-than-life persona tends to place a bigger cloud on just how good he is as a player...which is unfortunate.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:01 AM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:

Politicians do it every day.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:02 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Sure, if you're happy with your appropriately paid average defenseman with attitude issues (my opinion anyway), you win.
you should probably just go back to jerking off to pictures of karlsson then...

Old
02-05-2013, 11:02 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...light=karlsson

38.41% of people think he's the 3rd best out of the 3. Must be true.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...light=karlsson

It's conclusive, when is he returning the Norris? He didn't deserve it you know...

So you agree with these polls too I'd imagine? Karlsson must be overrated in sens land because according to these polls he didn't deserve norris and there's 2 other young D who are better than him. It's obviously true. Maybe you have a hard time accepting it and you're a homer?

Now, let me know how accurate HF board polls are.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
So you're using a HF Boards poll, involving the Habs no less, as some sort of official valuation of PK Subban vs Jaime Benn?

Personally, and taking out ALL my Habs bias...I personally think PK Subban's game (on the ice) is very underrated.

His larger-than-life persona tends to place a bigger cloud on just how good he is as a player...which is unfortunate.
See? People ask for "proof this, proof that", you support your arguments and because it doesn't go your way you discredit it. I'm done with you and will continue this conversation with others.

Old

Quote:
It's my opinion.
just as long as you know it's your opinion, and it's an opinion that most likely affected by the ubber-conservative nature of hockey fans/players/media

But it doesn't make it fact...

Old
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Media wants to know why players dislike talking about PK, or Markov flat out refusing any questions regarding PK?

This is it. This right here.

PJ threw out any credibility he had by claiming hearsay as fact. Stubbs, with good intentions, turned this into a full blown story in the Gazette - with the center of attention being Subban talk. What do you guys think will be one of the big questions after practice - either today or tomorrow, depending on an off day?

Then the players will roll their eyes, shrug, sigh, whatever. Gorges will look frustrated, Markov will slap somebody and the very next day, headlines will read "Lockeroom hates Subban!"

It comes full circle. Always.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Closed Thread