HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

MMA General Discussion Thread (UFC, Strikeforce, Belator etc...) Part 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2013, 07:27 PM
  #101
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,888
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFiend View Post
He has a guaranteed title shot but he has to wait for the Bendo/Melendez fight first, so I think he wants to drop down for a title shot rather than wait again!
I'm sorry...I don't want to sound like a dick... but I really need to see some sources on that. At 155 Aldo is a monster. Really... I'm not a fan of Edgar... but Edgar's legs should've been smashed into several pieces after that fight... like anyone else's legs should be after fighting Aldo.

You check out the photo's and video of Faber's legs the day after he fought Aldo? It looked like he was trampled by a dozen horses. No ****.

I'm sure Petis can't be THAT crazy... like if he's told he has to wait till the end of this year for that title shot, really no big deal.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:14 PM
  #102
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I'm sorry...I don't want to sound like a dick... but I really need to see some sources on that. At 155 Aldo is a monster. Really... I'm not a fan of Edgar... but Edgar's legs should've been smashed into several pieces after that fight... like anyone else's legs should be after fighting Aldo.

You check out the photo's and video of Faber's legs the day after he fought Aldo? It looked like he was trampled by a dozen horses. No ****.

I'm sure Petis can't be THAT crazy... like if he's told he has to wait till the end of this year for that title shot, really no big deal.
He doesn't want to fight Aldo at 155, he wants to fight him at 145 for the title. Pettis doesn't cut a ton of weight, and I think he has fought at 145 before.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:53 PM
  #103
bsmith14
Registered User
 
bsmith14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by herestohoping View Post
hey guys,
I'm new to Edmonton, do you know of any good mma gyms on the southside?
Arashi-do south is your best bet. Really good jiujitsu, solid striking coaches as well

bsmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:56 PM
  #104
bsmith14
Registered User
 
bsmith14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
I think it's because Bendo is fighting Gil next and he doesn't want to wait around again for the fight. So a title shot at 145 would be the next best thing for him. Although, he has a much better chance of beating Bendo then Aldo.
Its a good payday for him but if he gets knocked out he isnt going to still get a shot at Bendo would he? I guess he figures beating Aldo > beating Henderson.

bsmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:30 AM
  #105
Chooch
Registered User
 
Chooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
He was asking for it, fought with his hands around his waist all fight like it was some sort of sparring session with his son. Can't go into a fight in the UFC and take it as a warm-up, especially when you are fighting a guy that is 265lbs. One punch can change a fight, we've seen it numerous times.

I'm curious who failed the drug test from the Belfort card.
I guess Overeem has been watching too much Anderson Silva fights due to the way he was fighting unprotected and such. He could of won but he chose to fight using a cocky style.

As for the Belfort card, it was probably Gonzaga but i hope it was Pepey. The guy completely robbed Milton Vieira of the fight, it was disgusting.

Chooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:34 AM
  #106
CornKicker
Locked Out
 
CornKicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,341
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I'm sorry...I don't want to sound like a dick... but I really need to see some sources on that. At 155 Aldo is a monster. Really... I'm not a fan of Edgar... but Edgar's legs should've been smashed into several pieces after that fight... like anyone else's legs should be after fighting Aldo.

You check out the photo's and video of Faber's legs the day after he fought Aldo? It looked like he was trampled by a dozen horses. No ****.

I'm sure Petis can't be THAT crazy... like if he's told he has to wait till the end of this year for that title shot, really no big deal.
signed deal August 9th Pettis vs Aldo

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:55 AM
  #107
bsmith14
Registered User
 
bsmith14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
signed deal August 9th Pettis vs Aldo
Unbelievable fight. I am marking that on my calender.

bsmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:24 AM
  #108
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHAWKING View Post
I guess Overeem has been watching too much Anderson Silva fights due to the way he was fighting unprotected and such. He could of won but he chose to fight using a cocky style.

As for the Belfort card, it was probably Gonzaga but i hope it was Pepey. The guy completely robbed Milton Vieira of the fight, it was disgusting.
I put everything from Overeems and Rashads performance on the Blackzillians. From everything I've heard come out of that gym, it's nothing but a place for buddies to meet up and spar lightly and then go out and party all night long. I think their overall record as a gym is like 5-12 with I think 3 of the wins coming from Michael Johnson.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:32 AM
  #109
Chooch
Registered User
 
Chooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
I put everything from Overeems and Rashads performance on the Blackzillians. From everything I've heard come out of that gym, it's nothing but a place for buddies to meet up and spar lightly and then go out and party all night long. I think their overall record as a gym is like 5-12 with I think 3 of the wins coming from Michael Johnson.
Yeah, no doubt. Blackzilians is the biggest joke of a camp there is. One of their own fighters is even exposing them.


Chooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:36 AM
  #110
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHAWKING View Post
Yeah, no doubt. Blackzilians is the biggest joke of a camp there is. One of their own fighters is even exposing them.

There are a few guys that fought on Saturday I honestly think need a camp change. Ian McCall (who is probably my favorite fighter in the UFC) I think needs a camp change as well. Oyama was a good camp when he was fighting in TPF and other places, but I think with guys like Benavidez and stuff he should be going back to his wrestling base. I actually think all 3 guys, Reem, Rashad and McCall could use a camp at TriStar.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:44 AM
  #111
bsmith14
Registered User
 
bsmith14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
There are a few guys that fought on Saturday I honestly think need a camp change. Ian McCall (who is probably my favorite fighter in the UFC) I think needs a camp change as well. Oyama was a good camp when he was fighting in TPF and other places, but I think with guys like Benavidez and stuff he should be going back to his wrestling base. I actually think all 3 guys, Reem, Rashad and McCall could use a camp at TriStar.
McCall should go to roufussport

bsmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:49 AM
  #112
Chooch
Registered User
 
Chooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
There are a few guys that fought on Saturday I honestly think need a camp change. Ian McCall (who is probably my favorite fighter in the UFC) I think needs a camp change as well. Oyama was a good camp when he was fighting in TPF and other places, but I think with guys like Benavidez and stuff he should be going back to his wrestling base. I actually think all 3 guys, Reem, Rashad and McCall could use a camp at TriStar.
Man, i hope Ian McCall doesn't get cut. 0-2-1 in the UFC, i don't think he will but the UFC has made surprise moves and cut people with records like that multiple times. However, McCall has only faced the best of the division so far and the decisions have been way too close to call in a few of his fights so i doubt he should be in any danger. Tristar can definitely use some American fighters, but i think most American fighters don't consider it because they don't want to be that far away from home.

Chooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:49 AM
  #113
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith14 View Post
McCall should go to roufussport
Would be a lot more of a possibility then TriStar. I asked Ian about it before and he said he's not allowed up here because of some issues he had before. A lot of people don't realize he was a serious drug addict when he fought Dominic Cruz in the WEC a few years ago. He OD'd and technically died like a month after that fight.

He could be a killer at Roufus as well. I think his biggest issue is that he has such a tight knit fan base, and he worries about how they will view his fight more then anything. He's made like 3 apologies to the UG since his fight on Saturday. I think if he was less worried about impressing us, and more worried about winning he'd be in a lot better spot. He probably would have finished MM is their first fight if that was the case.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:51 AM
  #114
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHAWKING View Post
Man, i hope Ian McCall doesn't get cut. 0-2-1 in the UFC, i don't think he will but the UFC has made surprise moves and cut people with records like that multiple times. However, McCall has only faced the best of the division so far so i doubt he should be in any danger. Tristar can definitely use some American fighters, but i think most American fighters don't consider it because they don't want to be that far away from home.
Dana spends a lot of time on the UG, I don't think he cuts Ian because he knows there would be a freaking riot on there. He wouldn't be able to post on there for a month without getting trolled by everyone. Not to mention, he's still ranked #5 in the division right now, even with that record.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:46 PM
  #115
OilDrop37
Registered User
 
OilDrop37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Up North
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,983
vCash: 50
Aldo vs Pettis is official for Aug 3rd.

OilDrop37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:26 PM
  #116
Bushwick Bill
Registered User
 
Bushwick Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 500
I do not think Mccall will be getting cut any time soon

UGCTT baby

Bushwick Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:29 PM
  #117
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Brodziak View Post
I do not think Mccall will be getting cut any time soon

UGCTT baby
Haha, I'm actually wearing one of my UGCTT shirts right now

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:51 PM
  #118
Bushwick Bill
Registered User
 
Bushwick Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Haha, I'm actually wearing one of my UGCTT shirts right now
Haha good on you man. Hard not to be a fan of Ian, especially if you post on the UG. Such an entertaining and good dude.

I've seen you rep the UGCTT on the UG

Bushwick Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:20 AM
  #119
Oilbleeder
Moderator
Lead us to glory.
 
Oilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,753
vCash: 81
For those who didn't want TUF tonight. Please hold your jaws.


__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/QuadSig-OB.gif <-- Credit goes to The Nemesis.
Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:27 AM
  #120
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,508
vCash: 500
Hall is an absolute beast.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:03 AM
  #121
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,222
vCash: 8345
That was kind of disturbing actually.

How can you not pull for Hall hearing his backstory and the edit he got on the show tonight?

His chin was exposed and he was backing straight up numerous times in the fight. That wont play against UFC caliber fighters.

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:32 AM
  #122
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
That was kind of disturbing actually.

How can you not pull for Hall hearing his backstory and the edit he got on the show tonight?

His chin was exposed and he was backing straight up numerous times in the fight. That wont play against UFC caliber fighters.
I am hoping Chael will cure him of that. Chael has been great in the corner, I think it would have been a much shorter fight if Hall would have actually listened to him in the middle of the round and kept pumping the jab. That low-high combo that he threw early in the fight was nasty as well.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:49 AM
  #123
Chooch
Registered User
 
Chooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
Aldo vs Pettis is official for Aug 3rd.
Will be the best featherweight fight ever.

Chooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:10 AM
  #124
CornKicker
Locked Out
 
CornKicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,341
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
That was kind of disturbing actually.

How can you not pull for Hall hearing his backstory and the edit he got on the show tonight?

His chin was exposed and he was backing straight up numerous times in the fight. That wont play against UFC caliber fighters.
he reminded me alot of cheik kongo, not in that he was black but the way he was technically flawless offensivly but looked easy to hit and kept his chin exposed. an experienced striker would tee off on his head, kid has sick power and accuracy though. great prospect for the future.

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 08:04 AM
  #125
Chooch
Registered User
 
Chooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith14 View Post
McCall should go to roufussport

Chooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.