HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Col

Old
02-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Hockey 4 Life

vCash: 500
Tor-Col

Toronto needs a two way center with high potential and colorado needs atleast a top 4 dman a solid young winger and a two way center to play 3c so here goes.

To
Colorado
Matt frattin
Carl Gunnarson
Tyler bozak
2013 2nd

Toronto
Ryan oreilly

Hockey 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:59 PM
yideboit

destroys a TON of depth for tml ... tbh i dont think they can afford that at this point

yideboit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Dark Knight
We The North !!

Matt Frattin is a keeper. One of the last guys we should even think about dealing.

Would love to add O'Reilly but he needs to be added to our core.

TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
Toronto needs a two way center with high potential and colorado needs atleast a top 4 dman a solid young winger and a two way center to play 3c so here goes.

To
Colorado
Matt frattin
Carl Gunnarson
Tyler bozak
2013 2nd

Toronto
Ryan orielly
I would actually make this move, Colorado probably would not, even though Bozak, Gunnarson and Frattin are fairly solid pieces (despite what many here will tell you)

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GordieHoweHatTrick

The Trade Forum constantly gets drowned in TML proposals during a losing streak. Its rather embarrassing being a Leafs fan around these parts

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:01 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

For his rights? Pass. O'Reilly isn't going anywhere unless he's offer sheeted, and I'm not sure if that's in Toronto's best interest.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Matt Frattin is a keeper. One of the last guys we should even think about dealing.

Would love to add O'Reilly but he needs to be added to our core.
Translated out of leaffanese: "I want an elite player for scraps/nothing valuable"

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
The Trade Forum constantly gets drowned in TML proposals during a losing streak. Its rather embarrassing being a Leafs fan around these parts
It's not fair to assume that the leafs losing is my motivation for posting a trade proposal on these boards, it's actually rather presumptuous of you. I know the leafs need a few more years to develop and grow so win or lose this year I've tempered my expectations. I personally believe ROR will be a solid 1C in the mold of a Kesler or Richards type player and With that realization I know value has to be given back.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:05 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Translated out of leaffanese: "I want an elite player for scraps/nothing valuable"
Ror is an "elite" player nowadays? Uh

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

vCash: 50
Oh hai. This hasn't been done since yesterday.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Dark Knight
We The North !!

Quote:
I didn't propose a deal involving any spare parts for Ryan O'Reilly.

The OP certainly proposed a very good deal for Colorado.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Stick to watching your nucks cause you obviously haven't watched any Leaf games this year, misinformed is an understatement in this case.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

vCash: 50
Quote:
With that realization I know value has to be given back.
Yeah ok bud

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:10 PM
FireEverybody*

Quote:
Pretty liberal use of the word elite.

FireEverybody* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Yeah ok bud
You talk as if your speaking for someone other then yourself. The fact that you have Alfie the clown as your pic tells me all I need to know about you and your motivation in this thread. A 2/3c a young top 6 forward who's physical and can score, a top 4 solid defensively dman and a 2nd in a very deep draft. The fact that your calling this package scraps lets me know your new to hockey, so I welcome you to the game hope you enjoy it

Old
02-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
You talk as if your speaking for someone other then yourself. The fact that you have Alfie the clown as your pic tells me all I need to know about you and your motivation in this thread. A 2/3c a young top 6 forward who's physical and can score, a top 4 solid defensively dman and a 2nd in a very deep draft. The fact that your calling this package scraps lets me know your new to hockey, so I welcome you to the game hope you enjoy it
I think you mean the worst 3C in the league, a bottom 6 winger with size and a bottom pairing and a 2nd in a deep draft.

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:16 PM
caribouPINE

Colorado fans would spit, laugh in your face, then cut you open and pour salt and vinegar in your wound.

This is HF. Where Leaf prospects and core players are valued at 50 cents on the dollar.

In order to get the almighty ROR, the Leafs would need to send Frattin, Kadri, Rielly and a 1st. Even then Colorado fans may feel taken and would like to dump a bad salary on Toronto. To even it out of course.

caribouPINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
I think you mean the worst 3C in the league, a bottom 6 winger with size and a bottom pairing and a 2nd in a deep draft.
So tyler bozak is the worst 3 c in the league, I'll tell you what why dont you put it to a poll and see where that gets you. Oh and if frattin is a bottome 6 then jensen is complete junk, give your head a shake man cause your failing real fast. Oh and gunnarson is nowhere near bottom pairing poll that while your at it hockey guru lol.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:19 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribouPINE View Post
Colorado fans would spit, laugh in your face, then cut you open and pour salt and vinegar in your wound.

This is HF. Where Leaf prospects and core players are valued at 50 cents on the dollar.

In order to get the almighty ROR, the Leafs would need to send Frattin, Kadri, Rielly and a 1st. Even then Colorado fans may feel taken and would like to dump a bad salary on Toronto. To even it out of course.
Colorado fans on HF are an awfully sensitive bunch and very combative, as if a proposal is somehow a reflection on them personally.

I still don't think that offer in your post gets it done for Colorodo fans. May have to add Phil Kessel to really even things out.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

I'd do this trade in a heartbeat, which likely means that AV fans won't like it.

Hennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:23 PM
416Leafer

Ah the old 5 for 1 deal. That happens all the time in the NHL.

416Leafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Colorado fans on HF are an awfully sensitive bunch and very combative, as if a proposal is somehow a reflection on them personally.

I still don't think that offer in your post gets it done for Colorodo fans. May have to add Phil Kessel to really even things out.
Hardy har har har... If you took time to consider other teams' needs in your proposals, you wouldn't be met with the extreme push back.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:25 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
Hardy har har har... If you took time to consider other teams' needs in your proposals, you wouldn't be met with the extreme push back.
Just my personal feelings when reading through proposal threads here on HF. There are a few Colorado fans that take things a little too far.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:30 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Just my personal feelings when reading through proposal threads here on HF. There are a few Colorado fans that take things a little too far.
Well for a couple of years we were seeing similar proposals for Stastny, then for a little bit last year when Duchene was struggling we were seeing similar proposals for him. Now that there is a contract dispute with O'Reilly we're seeing the same thing.

It seems that some Leafs fans have an unhealthy obsession with the Colorado Avalanche centers.

RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:33 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Well for a couple of years we were seeing similar proposals for Stastny, then for a little bit last year when Duchene was struggling we were seeing similar proposals for him. Now that there is a contract dispute with O'Reilly we're seeing the same thing.

It seems that some Leafs fans have an unhealthy obsession with the Colorado Avalanche centers.
It's not like that all. Fans of other teams go through the same stuff but there's a little troop of Colorado fans that go over the top in proposal threads.

Who cares if Leafs fans are making proposals? How does that impact upon you or any other Colorado fan? Why reply or read it?