HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Minnesota Wild @ Phoenix Coyotes | 2-4-13 | 7PM

Old
02-05-2013, 02:52 AM
Muppet
Howlin' For You

vCash: 500
Just watched the highlights, and by the looks of it that was, as predicted, a very defensive based game. Few big saves from Smitty sure as hell helped, too. Oh well, good to grab another W and some momentum.

Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:59 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceva Sct View Post
Tip saying Schlemko has a significant injury, hasn't talked to doctors but says week to week.
Well that's really gonna hurt our options as far as trading a D for a forward. Even if it wasn't gonna be Schlemko himself traded.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:54 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

When is Klesla due back? Should make up for the loss of Schlemko.

02-05-2013, 10:45 AM
ScottsdaleYote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceva Sct View Post
Tip saying Schlemko has a significant injury, hasn't talked to doctors but says week to week.
Given the way he fell, a significant injury means either a separated shoulder or a broken collarbone - neither are very good. Why does this happen to Schlemko 2 years in a row? He was playing well early last year before he got banged up.

ScottsdaleYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:01 AM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEL View Post
Just got back from the game... phew! We got luck on our side on this one. Great first period, other than that, really the game can be summed up by a skate save by Yandle & 2 posts, all in our favor. Damn, those things usually work against us.

Glad we were able to steal 2 points.

Agreed (particularly regarding the first), but let's not forget that we had two trickle behind Backstrom that refused to go in. Excellent pk that put us on top.

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:19 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Well that's really gonna hurt our options as far as trading a D for a forward. Even if it wasn't gonna be Schlemko himself traded.
I think our best option is getting Klesla back then trading him before he gets hurt again. Since we have to trade dollar for dollar, his higher salary makes more sense to bring back someone decent. Plus if we're going to move a dman, let's move the guy that misses a big chunck of every season. His talent alone or combined with some other assets could bring back a very good forward. After these last few games, I'm convinced Tippet can make his system work with our younger, more offensive dmen. That gives us a real chance to be dangerous on both ends if we can upgrade a bit at forward, especially the center spot.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Primrose Everdeen
The Shermanator

vCash: 564
Pointless stat of the day:

We are now 2-0-0 when wearing our third jerseys.

Primrose Everdeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:50 PM
pacerhimself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post

We are also 2-0-0 with me wearing my Hanzal jersey and white Coyotes hat.

pacerhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Rutkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post

Our historic record with those third jerseys is really good too, like at least 70% win ratio or something like that.

Rutkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
Quote:
"@bretthansen5: Last night’s @phoenixcoyotes rating on @FOXSPORTSAZ = #Coyotes highest regular season TV rtg since 2004. It did a 1.5 in PHX (2.0 peak)"
Clearly improvement is happening. I believe the Oilers game was the previous highest since 2010. Another factor could be that people are discouraged with the ownership situation and wont go but still care and watch the TV broadcasts. But in a grand scheme, it shows that the Coyotes should be on the regular FSN as much as possible.

I think the Suns are down 37% so their ratings are probably around the 2-3 range right now. Its what we all suspected, a down Suns team will put more eyes on the Coyotes which eventually translates to higher attendance. So much potential that I hate seeing destroyed by this ownership stuff.

Last edited by Naurutger: 02-05-2013 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Ranting
Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:20 PM
cobra427

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Clearly improvement is happening. I believe the Oilers game was the previous highest since 2010. Another factor could be that people are discouraged with the ownership situation and wont go but still care and watch the TV broadcasts. But in a grand scheme, it shows that the Coyotes should be on the regular FSN as much as possible.
It makes you wonder what the viewership would be on regular fox, without a strike, and with a real owner. Looks more promising...

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:29 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:

I think the Suns are down 37%

Couldn't happen to a better organization. So, really, the Coyotes are close to drawing Suns numbers? Impressive. What do the D'Backs usually do?

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
What do the D'Backs usually do?
Last year they had a pretty decent increase in their ratings and averaged a 4.2. That is about 77,000 eyeballs. The Coyotes 2 years ago only averaged a .5; I would suspect that the Dbacks fall down a point this year.

I am using my rough match but that means about 27,000 viewers watched last night's Coyotes game.

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 04:20 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacerhimself View Post
We are also 2-0-0 with me wearing my Hanzal jersey and white Coyotes hat.
2-0-0 with me wearing my red jersey and my camo Coyotes hat. I'm sticking with that combo until it stops working and I aint washing them either as long as its working.

yotesreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 04:22 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post

Couldn't happen to a better organization. So, really, the Coyotes are close to drawing Suns numbers? Impressive. What do the D'Backs usually do?
Ahhh... is it foolish to daydream of nights when the Yotes are on FOXSports and the Suns are on FoxSports+, or can I be excused that indulgence?

yotesreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 04:36 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
that the Dbacks fall down a point this year.
Which would make sense considering last year they were coming off a playoff run. Same goes for the Coyotes.

Where as the Suns are coming off of a terrible season, from a terrible off season and into a new terrible season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
I think our best option is getting Klesla back then trading him before he gets hurt again. Since we have to trade dollar for dollar, his higher salary makes more sense to bring back someone decent. Plus if we're going to move a dman, let's move the guy that misses a big chunck of every season. His talent alone or combined with some other assets could bring back a very good forward. After these last few games, I'm convinced Tippet can make his system work with our younger, more offensive dmen. That gives us a real chance to be dangerous on both ends if we can upgrade a bit at forward, especially the center spot.
If Schlemko were healthy I'd have done that. But I think we need that steady play out of that spot whether it's from Schlemko or Klesla. Lets face it, so far Schlemko misses a chunk of every season too. Maybe give it a month and see where Stone is at then make the determination.

Because to me the question isn't Schlemko or Klesla, it's is the Coyotes D good enough without both of them. If the answer is yes you can make the trade, I'm just not convinced of that yet. Because I do not trust this forward crop to maintain it's current level of scoring at all, even boosted by a player from a trade.

Last edited by SniperHF: 02-05-2013 at 04:41 PM.
SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:07 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesreign View Post
2-0-0 with me wearing my red jersey and my camo Coyotes hat. I'm sticking with that combo until it stops working and I aint washing them either as long as its working.
Hope I don't sit next to you at the game lol.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote