HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Kunitz credited with 4th goal against Capitals

Old
02-04-2013, 08:20 PM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
I'd think you'd make your point more effectively if you didn't name one of the most talented players to ever play the game.

On a different note - Kunitz has been 'lucky' with his linemates...before he was playing with Sid he was playing with Getzlaf and Ryan. The guy adds a great dimension to those skill lines...hopefully this is him shedding the rust and not just a total fluke game, since he'd been atrocious all season until yesterday.
Yep, until this weekend he was total garbage. When he is at his best, though, he is a decent (not great scorer) and adds some nice grit as well. Having him on Sid's line is good, except that Dupuis is the same player. I sure would like to see a big scoring winger on that side, but then again, what team doesn't want that?

fly4apuckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:37 PM
revolverjgw

Quote:
I'd think you'd make your point more effectively if you didn't name one of the most talented players to ever play the game.
Seriously. On the Habs alone we've had Lars Eller and Jan Bulis score 4 goals in recent years.

revolverjgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:41 AM
WhiskeyYourTheDevils

Quote:

On a different note - Kunitz has been 'lucky' with his linemates...before he was playing with Sid he was playing with Getzlaf and Ryan. The guy adds a great dimension to those skill lines...hopefully this is him shedding the rust and not just a total fluke game, since he'd been atrocious all season until yesterday.
And Selanne McDonald before that. The guy definitely has what it takes to find chemistry with top line players. He plays a predictable straight line game which is nice for playmakers like Sid, Getz, and Andy Mac. He's also got a quick release and forechecks well.

That said, he's always been a 2nd/3rd line tweener in terms of skillset. He's just a very good complimentary top line player. And those are exactly the kind of guys you need to win Stanley Cups.

WhiskeyYourTheDevils is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:41 AM
Frank Gallagher
"Alcohol is a gift"

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolverjgw View Post
Seriously. On the Habs alone we've had Lars Eller and Jan Bulis score 4 goals in recent years.
To be fair, I still think Eller could break out big time. I'm a fan, but yeah, Kovalev is definitely one of the most talented (albeit unmotivated) players to ever play the game.

Frank Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:23 AM
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Quote:
Me too, to be completely honest. Throw in Lemieux on his comeback as well. There were games where he appeared he could do whatever the **** he pleased...but then again that usually involved banking pucks off Steve McKenna's ass and giving McKenna goals.
I remember the night he came back against the Leafs. Everyone was wondering if he'd still have it....It became obviously pretty quickly that he did. It was like he was playing an entirely different sport than anyone else on the ice.

02-05-2013, 09:36 AM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Kuni has always been a bit of a streaker goal scorer. But considering how much he was struggling during the first few games I'm really happy to see him get that monkey off his back and start to find his groove. Gonna be really hard for him to think about leaving this Summer, even if he does get a lucrative offer elsewhere.

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:37 AM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
Yep, until this weekend he was total garbage. When he is at his best, though, he is a decent (not great scorer) and adds some nice grit as well. Having him on Sid's line is good, except that Dupuis is the same player. I sure would like to see a big scoring winger on that side, but then again, what team doesn't want that?
I don't find that Dupuis and Kunitz are the same type of player.

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:29 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Awesome.

Good for Kunitz. I've always liked the guy.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Bobby G

4 goals on only 4 shots

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Luigi Lemieux

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyYourTheDevils View Post
And Selanne McDonald before that. The guy definitely has what it takes to find chemistry with top line players. He plays a predictable straight line game which is nice for playmakers like Sid, Getz, and Andy Mac. He's also got a quick release and forechecks well.

That said, he's always been a 2nd/3rd line tweener in terms of skillset. He's just a very good complimentary top line player. And those are exactly the kind of guys you need to win Stanley Cups.
Yeah, he was on the first line of 2 cup winners in Anaheim and Pittsburgh. Very underrated player overall, and definitely not a 3rd liner like some call him.

Luigi Lemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Riddum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roooney View Post
I traded him in my keeper league that afternoon.
LOL! Similar thing happened to me with Gaborik. Traded the guy and he exploded.

Riddum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Human
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
He deserves one but for sure i'm sure he cares more about winning then anything else
that's pretty sure...

Human is offline   Reply With Quote