HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Col

Old
02-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 366
So do we flip all those players for a no. 2 young defender? Or do we just litter our roster with unwanted players? Seriously we're done with the rebuild, we have our core now its time to add the missing pieces. Bozak, Frattin and Gunnarson are not the missing pieces. Only player I would be remotely interested in is Frattin because he's actually doing well. Unlike no. 1 centre Bozak and lower body injury Gunnarson.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Mr Tarkanian
Ali Bomaye!

vCash: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Translated out of leaffanese: "I want an elite player for scraps/nothing valuable"
and where is said elite player ??

Mr Tarkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Average-decent assets in a package do not a proposal for O'Reilly make.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hockey 4 Life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Well for a couple of years we were seeing similar proposals for Stastny, then for a little bit last year when Duchene was struggling we were seeing similar proposals for him. Now that there is a contract dispute with O'Reilly we're seeing the same thing.

It seems that some Leafs fans have an unhealthy obsession with the Colorado Avalanche centers.
Maybe it's just cause I'm a Leaf fan and can't see it but I offered a young two way 2/3c, a young two way winger with very high up side and a very solid two way top 4 d man and a a likely high second in a very deep draft. I understand that every fan will value there players a little higher but it's not like I'ver offered plugs for your player. Also if ROR was dealt colorado would need a young winger with a high ceiling a young top 4 d man and and a young two way center so I dont see how these players don't meet the avs needs. Also I know the avs fans will say they need a #1 d man and if you can get t of course you take it but #1 d man are tough to aquire.

Hockey 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Oh look, this is original. Not like we see a Avs center to Toronto thread ever day or anything....

I'm not even going to get into this proposal. It amazes me how nasty this thread has gotten after two pages

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:39 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
It's not like that all. Fans of other teams go through the same stuff but there's a little troop of Colorado fans that go over the top in proposal threads.

Who cares if Leafs fans are making proposals? How does that impact upon you or any other Colorado fan? Why reply or read it?
"Not like that at all"?

What Trade Forum have you been reading the last couple of years?

When it started, the majority of Avs fans who would respond attempted to be cordial, explaining what our organizational needs were and what would be a suitable trade. Ultimately, the majority of Avs fans concluded that at the time the Leafs and Avs weren't ideal trading partners.

But they kept on coming and coming.

So yeah, they've gone past us being cordial to us just being snarky, time they dealt with it.

RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
So do we flip all those players for a no. 2 young defender? Or do we just litter our roster with unwanted players? Seriously we're done with the rebuild, we have our core now its time to add the missing pieces. Bozak, Frattin and Gunnarson are not the missing pieces. Only player I would be remotely interested in is Frattin because he's actually doing well. Unlike no. 1 centre Bozak and lower body injury Gunnarson.
That's why proposals are posted to get feed back, now what you said in the above post is fair frattin is doing well and if he is part of a package from the leafs and assuming the other pieces I offered in the OP don't interest you what combination with frattin would work in a deal for ROR ?

Old
02-05-2013, 12:41 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
Maybe it's just cause I'm a Leaf fan and can't see it but I offered a young two way 2/3c, a young two way winger with very high up side and a very solid two way top 4 d man and a a likely high second in a very deep draft. I understand that every fan will value there players a little higher but it's not like I'ver offered plugs for your player. Also if ROR was dealt colorado would need a young winger with a high ceiling a young top 4 d man and and a young two way center so I dont see how these players don't meet the avs needs. Also I know the avs fans will say they need a #1 d man and if you can get t of course you take it but #1 d man are tough to aquire.
I'm not going to disparage the parts you offered, and yes, they are all young...but Ryan O'Reilly is also quite a number of years younger than they are, and has accomplished a bit more already and shows no signs of stagnating.

Again, nothing against the players offered, but they don't fit the need of the Colorado Avalanche organization, and I would imagine that the majority of my fellow fans will not like this proposal as well.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Oh look, this is original. Not like we see a Avs center to Toronto thread ever day or anything....

I'm not even going to get into this proposal. It amazes me how nasty this thread has gotten after two pages
Threads are so close together that they don't allow a cool down time for all the anger going on in the previous threads. I don't see why we do this, a good proposal would have a few of us thinking. I still don't see why we do this trade, they solve a problem and what do we solve?

Old
02-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Just my personal feelings when reading through proposal threads here on HF. There are a few Colorado fans that take things a little too far.
Yeah that came across in your first post.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I'm not going to disparage the parts you offered, and yes, they are all young...but Ryan O'Reilly is also quite a number of years younger than they are, and has accomplished a bit more already and shows no signs of stagnating.

Again, nothing against the players offered, but they don't fit the need of the Colorado Avalanche organization, and I would imagine that the majority of my fellow fans will not like this proposal as well.
Well that's a fair opinion and you know your team far better then I, thanks for the feedback.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
That's why proposals are posted to get feed back, now what you said in the above post is fair frattin is doing well and if he is part of a package from the leafs and assuming the other pieces I offered in the OP don't interest you what combination with frattin would work in a deal for ROR ?
If Frattin could be had for anyone but one of our centres I'd be interested. However the Avalanche do not need Frattin, they need a young no. 2 defenceman to play with Erik Johnson. Frattin does not solve any of the Avalanche's problems.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:44 PM
roboninja
EYG

Quote:
I think you mean the worst 3C in the league, a bottom 6 winger with size and a bottom pairing and a 2nd in a deep draft.
The most homer/horrific statement I have read here today. Congrats.

Personally, I think the OP's offer is too much for RoR. Would reject it from TOR's end. Frattin looks like a keeper, and Bozak is not that much worse than RoR.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:45 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
A 2/3c a young top 6 forward who's physical and can score, a top 4 solid defensively dman and a 2nd in a very deep draft. The fact that your calling this package scraps lets me know your new to hockey, so I welcome you to the game hope you enjoy it
A 2/3C, top 4 Dman, and a 2nd

All you're getting back is a 2/3C right? Makes no sense for the Leafs. Bozak for O Reilly is fair given contract situations. Toronto can afford O Reilly while the Aves can't go any further above their budget or risk bankruptcy like Phoenix. Bozak is an upcoming UFA but he likes Denver.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
If Frattin could be had for anyone but one of our centres I'd be interested. However the Avalanche do not need Frattin, they need a young no. 2 defenceman to play with Erik Johnson. Frattin does not solve any of the Avalanche's problems.
We have phaneuf but if colorado doesn't want to pay a 21 or 22 ROR why pay 2 mil extra for a 27 year old phaneuf lol.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:47 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Well that's a fair opinion and you know your team far better then I, thanks for the feedback.
To be clear, I like Bozak, but I think his proper placement is the 3rd line, with spot duty up to the 2nd line. And if he doesn't re-sign in Toronto this offseason, I can imagine him wanting to play for the Avalanche, if it's true that he resides there in the offseason anyway.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post

All you're getting back is a 2/3C right? Makes no sense for the Leafs. Bozak for O Reilly is fair given contract situations. Toronto can afford O Reilly while the Aves can't go any further above their budget or risk bankruptcy like Phoenix. Bozak is an upcoming UFA but he likes Denver.
Bozak for O'Reilly? Are you seanlinden by any chance? Fine if you want to keep Bozak please do! Keep him please and stop trying to trade him for one of our centres. Don't bother asking for Duchene either cause you have Gardiner who scored more points then him last season. And Stastny is an overpaid scrub so no point in trading for him either. Thank you and have a good day.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post

Boazk for ROR isn't fair at all and I'm a leafs fan, the package I proposed in the op has value, maybe not the right value for avs fans but to offer bozak for ROR straight across is how threads get derailed.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Hockey 4 Life

I know I was the one that started this thread but it's going to get out of hand, Ive gotten polite answers from a few avs fans so mods if you could close this before it gets really ugly that would be great.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
We have phaneuf but if colorado doesn't want to pay a 21 or 22 ROR why pay 2 mil extra for a 27 year old phaneuf lol.
Phaneuf has been discussed. I think though that the discussion ended with us not wanting him, or at least he'd be a last resort if need be. If you feel O'Reilly is worth Benn/Tavares money, go ahead and offer sheet him.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:08 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
Boazk for ROR isn't fair at all and I'm a leafs fan, the package I proposed in the op has value, maybe not the right value for avs fans but to offer bozak for ROR straight across is how threads get derailed.
Bozak is a solid #2 or a great #3. Isn't that what O Reilly is? Fine O Reilly has potential and as an RFA maybe that inflates his value. But he isn't signed which has a decreasing effect on his value.

I think Bozak for O Reilly is tilted in the Leafs favour. They might have to add some but not another two good pieces.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:09 PM
IceyDice

No thanks, we would want to add a core piece if we give one up.

Does no one realize Frattin's shooting percentage is 50?

IceyDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:23 PM
FireEverybody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceyDice View Post
No thanks, we would want to add a core piece if we give one up.

Does no one realize Frattin's shooting percentage is 50?
Naw.... we expect he to be a 82 goal per season player.

FireEverybody* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:27 PM
IceyDice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEverybody View Post
Naw.... we expect he to be a 82 goal per season player.
Well with the way Leafs fans have been talking about him......

IceyDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:49 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
I think you mean the worst 3C in the league, a bottom 6 winger with size and a bottom pairing and a 2nd in a deep draft.
Worst 3c in the league?

While I agree that Bozak isn't a world beater, and probably shouldn't be anyones 1st line ,this is a flat out misinformed statement of someone who has probably never watched the Leafs or Bozak.

Bozak is a high effort guy who had a very solid season last year, and is having another one this year (even with Kessel doing nothing). So far this year he has won more faceoffs that anyone else in the LEAGUE on a total basis, and percentage wise is top 10 (among qualifiers). At some point you have to get past the fact the guy wasn't drafted and just accept he can flat out play. He will never be elite, but he is the kind of guy any team, even a contender would want on their roster as a reliable #2C who can step up when needed.

Next up, Frattin.

The guy has 7 points in 6 games and he is bottom six? I'd love to see the top six on that lineup. The fact of the matter is that he is not the most talented, but somehow his hockey sense is off the charts because that guy is always in the right place at the right time (if you search my post history I have been saying it about him for months now, dating back to last year). He knows where to be to be dangerous and follows through effectively. He is a a top six winger, but I don't think he will ever be top line.

Gunnarson bottom pairing? I give up, you have never watched the Leafs.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote