HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

The "Trade _______ Right ******* NOW" Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2013, 09:43 AM
  #251
The Nose
#BlameTheKids
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,152
vCash: 500
I know we need defense but I think Weiss is the perfect fit for Detroit. Having the center depth of Datsyuk- Zetterberg- Weiss- Helm would be amazing. What do you think the cost would be? I'm not too keen on his value.

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:35 AM
  #252
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 13,369
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Remember, teams can now retain a portion of a traded player's salary...
they start eating part of the cap, they're going to want more in return. I don't think his cap hit is that bad if he's in the spot he's in now, though. 25+ mins a night, all situations, puts up points...those guys don't come cheap. It was a horrible deal in Chicago because they had Keith, Seabrooke, and Hjalmarsson in front of him.

I'm not sure what Florida would want in return, though. They move Campbell, and they're looking at Kuba or Kulikov taking even bigger roles. Could be a lot to ask of the Kulikov.

I think they run into a similar problem dealing Weiss. He isn't producing a ton yet, but he's still their number one center/forward and helps shelter Huberdeau a bit. After doing well last season, I don't think they will want to make trades that will look like they're throwing the towel in on this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
I know we need defense but I think Weiss is the perfect fit for Detroit. Having the center depth of Datsyuk- Zetterberg- Weiss- Helm would be amazing. What do you think the cost would be? I'm not too keen on his value.
I think he'd be a good fit, too. Maybe a bit of an overkill for a third line center, but we'd be able to run three scoring lines out there pretty consistently at that point. I think it would help take some of the load off our blueline, too. If we can get our bottom6 fixed so that they start spending more time in the other team's zone, our guys won't be running around in ours.

__________________
blah, blah, blah
Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:48 AM
  #253
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 15,373
vCash: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I think he'd be a good fit, too. Maybe a bit of an overkill for a third line center, but we'd be able to run three scoring lines out there pretty consistently at that point. I think it would help take some of the load off our blueline, too. If we can get our bottom6 fixed so that they start spending more time in the other team's zone, our guys won't be running around in ours.
Rolling three scoring lines would be good. It would allow us to bump Helm down and use our fourth line, with Tootoo and Abdelkader on the wings, as a true energy line that can wreak havoc with other teams. Weiss would also give us fantastic NHL center depth.

I'm more than happy with Z, Datsyuk, Weiss and Helm as our four centers.


Last edited by SoupNazi: 02-04-2013 at 11:55 AM.
SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:16 PM
  #254
icKx
Playoffs, plz
 
icKx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,919
vCash: 500
Abby-Helm-Tootoo would have to be the most expensive fourth line in the league

icKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:20 PM
  #255
crashman
Registered User
 
crashman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,026
vCash: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by icKx View Post
Abby-Helm-Tootoo would have to be the most expensive fourth line in the league
Still, it should be our 4th line...and it would be an awesome one.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:30 PM
  #256
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 13,618
vCash: 500
We'd be better off simply waiving the likes of Cleary and Emmerton and bringing up Nyquist and Tatar.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 04:39 PM
  #257
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
We'd be better off simply waiving the likes of Cleary and Emmerton and bringing up Nyquist and Tatar.
I think emmerton has earned the right to stay at the moment

miller, eaves, quincey however have all earned the right to be waived

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:42 AM
  #258
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,206
vCash: 500
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Marian Gaborik ($7.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($2.750m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.000m) / Calle Jarnkrok ($0.900m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Robyn Regehr ($4.500m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Brendan Smith ($1.500m)
Jakub Kindl ($1.050m) / Ian White ($2.875m)
Kent Huskins ($0.800m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($4.000m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($0.000m)
Buyout: Kyle Quincey ($0.000m)
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (0.039% of upper limit)
Carlo Colaiacovo ($0.025m—1.0%)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,756,212; BONUSES: $320,000
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $1,863,788
------
CALCULATOR LOG
* Mikael Samuelsson bought out.
* Kyle Quincey bought out.
* Traded Carlo Colaiacovo and retained 1.000% of cap hit.
* Petr Mrazek demoted.
* Jakub Kindl signed as free agent for $1,050,000.
* Gustav Nyquist signed as free agent for $1,000,000.
* Brendan Smith signed as free agent for $1,500,000.
* Kent Huskins signed as free agent for $800,000.
* Jimmy Howard signed as free agent for $4,000,000.
* Damien Brunner signed as free agent for $2,750,000.
* Ian White signed as free agent for $2,875,000.
* Calle Jarnkrok recalled.
* Robyn Regehr signed as free agent for $4,500,000.
* Marian Gaborik created and signed for $7,000,000.


I would be greatly satisfied if this was the outcome of this offseason. In fact, I think Coach Babcock would love this team as well, with all the depth it offers.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:17 AM
  #259
TCNorthstars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 825
vCash: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Marian Gaborik ($7.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($2.750m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.000m) / Calle Jarnkrok ($0.900m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Robyn Regehr ($4.500m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Brendan Smith ($1.500m)
Jakub Kindl ($1.050m) / Ian White ($2.875m)
Kent Huskins ($0.800m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($4.000m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($0.000m)
Buyout: Kyle Quincey ($0.000m)
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (0.039% of upper limit)
Carlo Colaiacovo ($0.025mó1.0%)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,756,212; BONUSES: $320,000
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $1,863,788
------
CALCULATOR LOG
* Mikael Samuelsson bought out.
* Kyle Quincey bought out.
* Traded Carlo Colaiacovo and retained 1.000% of cap hit.
* Petr Mrazek demoted.
* Jakub Kindl signed as free agent for $1,050,000.
* Gustav Nyquist signed as free agent for $1,000,000.
* Brendan Smith signed as free agent for $1,500,000.
* Kent Huskins signed as free agent for $800,000.
* Jimmy Howard signed as free agent for $4,000,000.
* Damien Brunner signed as free agent for $2,750,000.
* Ian White signed as free agent for $2,875,000.
* Calle Jarnkrok recalled.
* Robyn Regehr signed as free agent for $4,500,000.
* Marian Gaborik created and signed for $7,000,000.


I would be greatly satisfied if this was the outcome of this offseason. In fact, I think Coach Babcock would love this team as well, with all the depth it offers.

Are we trading for Gaborik with NYR retaining 500k? Or do you think he is bought out?

TCNorthstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:19 AM
  #260
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,003
vCash: 528
Hmm, only trade idea right now that comes to my mind could be somthing like:

Dan Cleary, 6'0, 34-year-old, left-handed, 1 remaining contract year, 2.8 caphit
<>
Henrik Tallinder, 6'4, 34-year-old, left-handed, 2 remaining contract years, 3.375 caphit

Tallinder has been healthy scratch for the Devils in the last two games. He has two years left on his 3.375 million contract.

Devils have depth at defence but are lacking wingers.

So both teams have own "3million problem", and swapping these guys could ease both teams a bit. I think Devils would be interested loading one +3 million guy out, if they extend Zidlicky. Othervise they have five guys with TOP4 salary in the team.

We need a penalty kill defenceman, Tallinder is exactly that. Another Swede to join the community.


Last edited by Henkka: 02-05-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:29 AM
  #261
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,157
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
If Tallinder cant make NJ's corps, he won't do much for us either then as their unit won't blow you away either. I'd rather not and just let Cleary walk after next year and free up some money. His best years, both of them actually, are behind them.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:45 AM
  #262
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNorthstars View Post
Are we trading for Gaborik with NYR retaining 500k? Or do you think he is bought out?
With McDonagh and Stepan commanding raises and guys like Horton and Ryder on the FA block, it's likely buying out Gaborik will be a course of action the Rangers will take so as to keep their defense corps intact.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:41 PM
  #263
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 14,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
If Tallinder cant make NJ's corps, he won't do much for us either then as their unit won't blow you away either. I'd rather not and just let Cleary walk after next year and free up some money. His best years, both of them actually, are behind them.
I think they are rotating guys to keep them fresh.. Larsson was scratched the first few games.. And that ofc created thread on main forum whether he's overrated/bust/drafted too high lol.

But Tallinder hasn't been too solid, form what I've read.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:43 PM
  #264
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 14,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
With McDonagh and Stepan commanding raises and guys like Horton and Ryder on the FA block, it's likely buying out Gaborik will be a course of action the Rangers will take so as to keep their defense corps intact.
IMO they don't need to buy him out, Gaborik does have plenty of value value.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:18 PM
  #265
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
With McDonagh and Stepan commanding raises and guys like Horton and Ryder on the FA block, it's likely buying out Gaborik will be a course of action the Rangers will take so as to keep their defense corps intact.
i think the Rags would trade Gabby if they were in fact going to buy him out

buyouts are pretty much solely for bums, has-beens and nobody-wants, type of players

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 08:20 AM
  #266
Osgood As It Gets
23 Straight Years
 
Osgood As It Gets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,903
vCash: 493
Franzen (3.95M until 2020) + Tatar (0.845M) for Kessel (5.4M until 2015).

The Leafs save some money in the short run and could sign other FA. They also get a big-bodied presence and a promising FW prospect, which I don't think they have a lot of.

Detroit gets a potent sniper who actually can skate / gives a 100%. Kessel is also a right-handed shot.

Why I think it could work : Nonis is trying to put his predecessor's mistakes behind him and Kessel isn't scoring right now, which could be the buy-low price the Wings need. The Wings also could be looking to shake things up by sending Franzen to the East and giving Tatar some ice-time. As far as I know, there is no bad blood between Holland and Nonis and they could get the ball rolling.

Why I think it might not work : Franzen is signed realy-long term and could turn off some teams. Kessel is only in a slump right now, but he could pot 3 next game and all is forgotten. Really, I'm only trying to do a trade that could help the Wings, but Kessel might not be the man to target, as could Franzen not be a valuable trading asset.

Osgood As It Gets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 08:45 AM
  #267
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 15,373
vCash: 535
Problem with Kessel is that he's rumored to be looking for up to $8m in his next deal. Fairly expensive.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 08:49 AM
  #268
JPE123
Registered User
 
JPE123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,663
vCash: 500
"buyouts are pretty much solely for bums, has-beens and nobody-wants, type of players"

Definition of Dan Cleary

JPE123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 08:50 AM
  #269
The Nose
#BlameTheKids
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
Franzen (3.95M until 2020) + Tatar (0.845M) for Kessel (5.4M until 2015).

The Leafs save some money in the short run and could sign other FA. They also get a big-bodied presence and a promising FW prospect, which I don't think they have a lot of.

Detroit gets a potent sniper who actually can skate / gives a 100%. Kessel is also a right-handed shot.

Why I think it could work : Nonis is trying to put his predecessor's mistakes behind him and Kessel isn't scoring right now, which could be the buy-low price the Wings need. The Wings also could be looking to shake things up by sending Franzen to the East and giving Tatar some ice-time. As far as I know, there is no bad blood between Holland and Nonis and they could get the ball rolling.

Why I think it might not work : Franzen is signed realy-long term and could turn off some teams. Kessel is only in a slump right now, but he could pot 3 next game and all is forgotten. Really, I'm only trying to do a trade that could help the Wings, but Kessel might not be the man to target, as could Franzen not be a valuable trading asset.
No way Leafs do this. If we're going to trade for Kessel I think they'd want a ton of futures and Filppula.

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:02 AM
  #270
Osgood As It Gets
23 Straight Years
 
Osgood As It Gets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,903
vCash: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
No way Leafs do this. If we're going to trade for Kessel I think they'd want a ton of futures and Filppula.
Just like everyone (including me) wanted to trade a 2nd for Loktionov and he ended up going for a 5th rounder. I'm not saying it will happen, but it could. Filppula and Tatar could be more attractive, that I know.

Osgood As It Gets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 09:28 AM
  #271
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 13,369
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
kessel is an upgrade, but I have a hard time seeing why we should deal one goal scoring winger for another, while leaving ourselves with the same lack of depth, and getting rid of a decent prospect. If it's some sort of sign&trade with Flip, knowing he doesn't want to extend here but is willing to go to Toronto, I can get it - it'd be an asset we're losing anyway.

I think Franzen's contract gets blown out of proportion at times, too. We might not like the length, but his cap hit is insanely manageable, and even if he retires with a couple of years left on his deal, the cap penalty is negligible (~$2m per season, iirc).

If we're trading for an NHLer, I think we're seeing futures go the other way. We should probably expect to lose Oullet, Sproul, Nyquist, etc. in a significant deal, unless there is some sort of outside circumstance pushing the deal.

Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:35 AM
  #272
Syckle78
Registered User
 
Syckle78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Redford, MI
Country: Belgium
Posts: 5,447
vCash: 500
Would make zero sense for the leafs to make that trade. They would want youth. Not an expensive again replica.

Wouldn't make sense for us either. Why move one legit top sizer fot another. Now of we traded a couple prospect rd for him then hell yeah.

Syckle78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 12:00 PM
  #273
kuick
Tatar Sauce
 
kuick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Grand Rapids
Country: United States
Posts: 2,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
Just like everyone (including me) wanted to trade a 2nd for Loktionov and he ended up going for a 5th rounder. I'm not saying it will happen, but it could. Filppula and Tatar could be more attractive, that I know.
Loktionov requested a trade and the Kings didn't have much choice or leverage.

Kessel is an offensive superstar who has struggled in a small sample size. Nonis isn't forced to move him, it would still take an attractive offer to pry him away. A rental in Filp or an old slug on a bad contract (Franzen) wouldn't be the piece to make Toronto give him up.

kuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 04:37 PM
  #274
backhandsauce
Registered User
 
backhandsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,522
vCash: 500
Oiler fan here. We offer you Ryan Whitney for Abdelkader.

backhandsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 04:39 PM
  #275
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okanagan Oil View Post
Oiler fan here. We offer you Ryan Whitney for Abdelkader.
Probably not...

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.