HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

FEB 6TH Boston @ Montreal 7:30PM EST

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 11:30 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfantoronto View Post
I'm an English speaking Habs fan in Quebec City for my honeymoon. Anyone have a recommendation for where to watch the game on Wednesday? I've seen a few Bruins fans and a lot of Bruins paraphernalia in stores; I guess being connected to New England and people's hatred of the Habs makes people slower and cheer for the Bruins? I kid...this city is absolutely wonderful!
Glad you like Quebec! You can go to La Cage aux Sports, there is one at Place Laurier in Ste Foy. Its worth it if you've never been at that restaurant chain. Otherwise theres l'Archibald which I definitely recommand, they have great beer and good food but are located in Beauport or Duplessis HWY (near the airport). Most if not all restaurants with televisions are going to show the games, people here either love or hate the Habs so the games always bring up lots of mixed emotions

About Bruins fans I'd say Quebec's hockey fanbase is divided as such :

-There are some hardcore Habs fans (we rock )
-A lot of bandwagon post-nordiques Habs fans (kids that want to go against their parents and some newcomers to the city)
-Annoying bandwagon anti-Habs fans. These guys are annoying and pick the team that annoys the Habs most or wins. Lots of them cheered for the Pens(before we kicked their *****) or now with the Bruins (after they stopped losing every single games vs the Habs.). Their ''loyalty'' is non-existant and they are the scum of the earth mostly.
-Pure hockey fans that cheer for incredibly random teams. These guys are usually awesome and usually have good hockey knowledge. They don't always hate the Habs, too!
-Hardcore nordiques fans that can't watch hockey if its not nordique hockey. Since no Nordique games have been played in nearly two decades they have no idea whats going on and are generally old farts.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:32 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Hearing Pat Hickey at TSN 690 saying Gallagher adds toughness to our team but that White might not be dressed as he's not essential against the Bruins is depressing.

People raged on Eller for not having an identity on this team (and it includes me). It's getting damn time Colby Armstrong finds one. I'd have him our for White.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:35 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Hearing Pat Hickey at TSN 690 saying Gallagher adds toughness to our team but that White might not be dressed as he's not essential against the Bruins is depressing.

People raged on Eller for not having an identity on this team (and it includes me). It's getting damn time Colby Armstrong finds one. I'd have him our for White.
Can't really say Armstrong is completely useless. He's just not really useful.

I agree I'd rather see White in the lineup.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Glad you like Quebec! You can go to La Cage aux Sports, there is one at Place Laurier in Ste Foy. Its worth it if you've never been at that restaurant chain. Otherwise theres l'Archibald which I definitely recommand, they have great beer and good food but are located in Beauport or Duplessis HWY (near the airport). Most if not all restaurants with televisions are going to show the games, people here either love or hate the Habs so the games always bring up lots of mixed emotions

-A lot of bandwagon post-nordiques Habs fans (kids that want to go against their parents and some newcomers to the city)
-Annoying bandwagon anti-Habs fans. These guys are annoying and pick the team that annoys the Habs most or wins. Lots of them cheered for the Pens(before we kicked their *****) or now with the Bruins (after they stopped losing every single games vs the Habs.). Their ''loyalty'' is non-existant and they are the scum of the earth mostly.
-Pure hockey fans that cheer for incredibly random teams. These guys are usually awesome and usually have good hockey knowledge. They don't always hate the Habs, too!
-Hardcore nordiques fans that can't watch hockey if its not nordique hockey. Since no Nordique games have been played in nearly two decades they have no idea whats going on and are generally old farts.
Don't forget that Patrice Bergeron is from Quebec City

Here's to a great game!

I am Boston Strong

Old
02-05-2013, 11:48 AM
SpokedLightning
3rd Line Grinder

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Great, welcome to our PGTT guys, I guess since you don't have one on your board this should be a shared Pre-Game Talk thread.
Thanks poetry, It's great to see that the lockout has brought us hockey fans closer together.

Seriously though here's to a great game that fuels the rivalry and continues the "hate".

Last edited by SpokedLightning: 02-05-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old
02-05-2013, 11:52 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Can't really say Armstrong is completely useless. He's just not really useful.

I agree I'd rather see White in the lineup.
Nothing against Armstrong. But in a game against Boston, I'd make sure White is in the lineup. It's not about enforcing and intimidating anyone. I just want to make sure our players can play their game. You just know they're going to aim the two kids.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:01 PM
LePoche69

Witgh Thorton out, there's only Campbell on Bruins lineup who can fight (Lucic can, but won't).

So no need for White that much. But I would like to see him anyway since he brings more that Armstrong and possibly Eller in my opinion.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Nothing against Armstrong. But in a game against Boston, I'd make sure White is in the lineup. It's not about enforcing and intimidating anyone. I just want to make sure our players can play their game. You just know they're going to aim the two kids.
The Bruins have at least 4 guys on D who can drop them . So even if Thornton is out, they still have lots of muscle and munition.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:08 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Can't wait for this game, should be great, I always enjoy a Bruins vs Habs battle as it is the best in sports.

It is always great being at the top of the standings looking down, then at the bottom looking up.

Good luck.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:26 PM
Saundies

Been waiting for this game all year.. including the lock-out. Should have been the opening night game in my opinion, as these teams easily have a bigger on-ice rivalry than MON-TOR.

Can't predict these ones so I'm not even gonna try. Just gonna sit back in the Lazy Boy and enjoy the ride!

Old
02-05-2013, 12:30 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
10 - 0 Boston

Rask shutout
Lucic hat trick
Price is chased
Prust gets beat down by Seguin
Galchenyuk demands a trade
Markov tears his ACL
Subban disrespects his teammates
Plekanec is traded for Pierre-Luc Létourneau-Leblond
Therrien quits and is replaced by Lefebvre
Something about smurfs

Old
02-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Guess

Therrien.. please put Eller on the Gally line! Prust can go on the fourth.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:38 PM
AmeriHab

White over Armstrong every game vs Bs. My big fear is one of the kids gets into a place they shouldn't be. AG has been jawing more in the crease lately

Old
02-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Et le But

Agree White should play over Armstrong, we need some crazy.

I have a feeling it's going to be White over Eller though.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:44 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
Huge Bruins fan can't wait for Wednesdays game I love playing Montreal the games are never boring to watch and usually seem like playoff pace. I agree Thornton is hurt and it looks like The little ball of hate in Marchand is not playing but Sponner is filling in.Behind Chara and Lucic Campbell and Horton there are to players you don't mention who I would think be feared alongside the others and that's Macdermid and Mcquaid there friggen animals.
Macdermid is a useless plug. No Hab should fight such a worthless player, he belongs in ECHL. Isn't that what Bruins say whenever one of their players have to fight a goon. Hopefully if Habs want to fight they pick someone at their talent level.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:46 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess View Post
You want to see Ference and McQuaid take liberties on Galchenyuk and Gallagher while Eller shies away? I don't.

Prust might not be the biggest/strongest guy out there. though they'll both think about abusing our young guys twice if they get punched on the button one or two times. As for Eller, I want no part of him with both Gallys unless it's for experimental purposes, as he's a puck hog and would take possession time away from a guy like Galchenyuk.

Last edited by HiggsBozon: 02-05-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old
02-05-2013, 12:47 PM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess View Post
Agree. Prust on Gally line should be a short-term solution. In a long run, we can't put Eller on the 4th line.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Dharvey33

Quebec city majority of them is just like the fans in mtl they sheer for the habs but if the nordiques come back they would switch it. I live there but wasn't born there and my family has been a habs fan since the rocket Richard ERA.

Even if the nordique return i won't switch i will be happy for them but habs fan for life.

An yes they are bruins and pens fans just to troll the habs without success. I bet they didn't feel a thing when they won the cup. When the habs win it it's going to be madness everywhere.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:54 PM
habsfantoronto
Ducks GM

Quote:

Thank you so much. I bought a Remparts jersey at Logo on St. Jean today and was told the same about La Cage. I've been to a couple before and they're great. Can't wait. I hope Emelin plays a super physical game. **** the Bruins!

Old
02-05-2013, 12:54 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Agree. Prust on Gally line should be a short-term solution. In a long run, we can't put Eller on the 4th line.
It's not a "solution" to anything. It's a chaperone.

And you don't send your youth talents against the bullies without one.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
It's not a "solution" to anything. It's a chaperone.

And you don't send your youth talents against the bullies without one.
Therien will make sure his kids won't play against their 4th line nor against the Lucic and Horton line.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:59 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfantoronto View Post
Thank you so much. I bought a Remparts jersey at Logo on St. Jean today and was told the same about La Cage. I've been to a couple before and they're great. Can't wait. I hope Emelin plays a super physical game. **** the Bruins!
Did you buy the jersey in sale? They're changing it next season lol.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:59 PM
habsfantoronto
Ducks GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Quebec city majority of them is just like the fans in mtl they sheer for the habs but if the nordiques come back they would switch it. I live there but wasn't born there and my family has been a habs fan since the rocket Richard ERA.

Even if the nordique return i won't switch i will be happy for them but habs fan for life.

An yes they are bruins and pens fans just to troll the habs without success. I bet they didn't feel a thing when they won the cup. When the habs win it it's going to be madness everywhere.
Cool, thanks. I would consider living here. It's really a great place. I found out just before coming here that my ancestors are from the area. Turns out I'm a direct descendent of Helene Desportes. It was neat to see the Rigeot house in lower Quebec which is another ancestral root. It all makes sense now why a Toronto kid grew up loving the Habs!

Old
02-05-2013, 01:00 PM
habsfantoronto
Ducks GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Did you buy the jersey in sale? They're changing it next season lol.
That means it's more rare right?

Old
02-05-2013, 01:01 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Therien will make sure his kids won't play against their 4th line nor against the Lucic and Horton line.
Because Boston sure would sure mind risking a penalty on their 4th liner to rough up Gally or Chuckie. No siree

Closed Thread