HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

The Omark Thread: Willing to play in the AHL?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2013, 08:17 AM
  #651
BadMedicine*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
Omark is excellent in close and draws a lot of penaltys with his spin-o-rama move andpossesion type of game,he is a nice fit hre now because we have so many guys who can finish on those nice short o-zone passes the little waterbug is so good at making in close. The problem is that he is still a top guy because he is a specialist ad uness he cateach Arcabello his spin mve so e hae one up here and a backup n te farm it is a risky endeavour to commit the system to a player with such a 1 dimensonal skillet. But he could be just what the doctor ordered for a magic man like RNH.

BadMedicine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:24 AM
  #652
tempest2i
Myxomatosis
 
tempest2i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMedicine View Post
Omark is excellent in close and draws a lot of penaltys with his spin-o-rama move andpossesion type of game,he is a nice fit hre now because we have so many guys who can finish on those nice short o-zone passes the little waterbug is so good at making in close. The problem is that he is still a top guy because he is a specialist ad uness he cateach Arcabello his spin mve so e hae one up here and a backup n te farm it is a risky endeavour to commit the system to a player with such a 1 dimensonal skillet. But he could be just what the doctor ordered for a magic man like RNH.
What am I reading here?

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:16 AM
  #653
Aerchon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,351
vCash: 500
Players who lead the KHL, AHL, and SEL more often than not can not play in the NHL worth a spit.

The Swiss league is probably equivalent to the WHL (slight exageration). Omark leading everyone there means nothing.

Aerchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:39 AM
  #654
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings
 
Psycho Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 10,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
What am I reading here?
I'm not sure, but a 1 dimensonal skillet sounds both narcotic AND delicious right about now.

Psycho Dad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:00 AM
  #655
NAF
Beauty Fakes
 
NAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,877
vCash: 50
Haha. "WHAT'S WRONG WITH ALL YOU GUYS?! I'VE ALREADY RENDERED A FINAL VERDICT ON THIS GUY SO EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM."

If you say so ...

I think Omark as a 3rd liner makes little sense. He needs top 6 minutes with skilled line mates to succeed. When he got that role toward the end of his first season with the Oilers, he had success. Last season, he played 1 game on his off wing on the top line and spent the rest of his time either badly injured, in the press box, or playing with Horcoff or Belanger. I have no clue what you think you saw in his work ethic that makes him destined for failure at the NHL level. Are you a coach with the club? Were you there at practice? Or maybe you're just making stuff up to attempt to justify your opinion.

There's obviously no place for Omark on this club any more, but I think it's likely he gets another shot in the NHL next year. If it's a good fit and he is put in a position to succeed, then I wouldn't be surprised to see him play for 3-6 seasons. If not, then yeah, I can see him heading back to Europe for the rest of his career.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to him not being Oilers property soon, so we can stop arguing about the kid. The fan boys and haters Linus has attracted from this fan base make it extremely unpleasant to discuss him here.


Last edited by s7ark: 02-04-2013 at 02:11 PM. Reason: removed deleted quote
NAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:17 PM
  #656
ekcut
Registered User
 
ekcut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,881
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ekcut
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
Haha. "WHAT'S WRONG WITH ALL YOU GUYS?! I'VE ALREADY RENDERED A FINAL VERDICT ON THIS GUY SO EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM."

If you say so ...

I think Omark as a 3rd liner makes little sense. He needs top 6 minutes with skilled line mates to succeed. When he got that role toward the end of his first season with the Oilers, he had success. Last season, he played 1 game on his off wing on the top line and spent the rest of his time either badly injured, in the press box, or playing with Horcoff or Belanger. I have no clue what you think you saw in his work ethic that makes him destined for failure at the NHL level. Are you a coach with the club? Were you there at practice? Or maybe you're just making stuff up to attempt to justify your opinion.

There's obviously no place for Omark on this club any more, but I think it's likely he gets another shot in the NHL next year. If it's a good fit and he is put in a position to succeed, then I wouldn't be surprised to see him play for 3-6 seasons. If not, then yeah, I can see him heading back to Europe for the rest of his career.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to him not being Oilers property soon, so we can stop arguing about the kid. The fan boys and haters Linus has attracted from this fan base make it extremely unpleasant to discuss him here.
Logic... This post has some!

This post should be stickied in every Omark thread.

He isn't useless, he isn't a star, he isn't lazy, and he doesn't have all world talent.
He is a borderline NHL player who if given the right situation, can be a valuable player. He just wont get that chance in Edmonton because we have too many simular but better players.
On the '96 Oilers he'd have a roster spot. On this team he doesn't.

ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 01:29 PM
  #657
T-Funk
Registered User
 
T-Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8,938
vCash: 1020
I wish I could be a Swedish hockey fan for just a day. The NHL would be such an interesting place...

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 02:05 PM
  #658
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,412
vCash: 500
I am getting tired of issuing this statement so this will be the last time. Omark is Oilers property as of now. As such this is a valid topic here for those wishing to discuss him.

People questioning whether he should be discussed or have a thread are welcome to NOT POST IN THIS THREAD. Future posts like this will result in infractions.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:27 AM
  #659
McClelland
Registered User
 
McClelland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,063
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Trust me if teams wanted him he'd be dealt.
Why would we trust you? Are you some sort of Nhl insider, or do you work inside the org.?
Omark told recently in a interview that there were 3 offers for him in the summer and oilers declined them all. He said also that he think that oilers was afraid that he would succed in another team. I think that the offers wasnt what they expected to get when they qualified him.

http://www.kuriren.nu/nyheter/defaul...icleid=6725516

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:31 AM
  #660
CornKicker
Locked Out
 
CornKicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,313
vCash: 50
Omark had a chance at at a spot until the team got yakupov. hopefully he can be a piece of a trade and or find sucess somewhere else.

CornKicker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:34 AM
  #661
Tedi
Registered User
 
Tedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,702
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
I'm not sure, but a 1 dimensonal skillet sounds both narcotic AND delicious right about now.
Too funny dude, this made me choke on my morning coffee.

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:40 AM
  #662
Tedi
Registered User
 
Tedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,702
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
Why would we trust you? Are you some sort of Nhl insider, or do you work inside the org.?
Omark told recently in a interview that there were 3 offers for him in the summer and oilers declined them all. He said also that he think that oilers was afraid that he would succed in another team. I think that the offers wasnt what they expected to get when they qualified him.

http://www.kuriren.nu/nyheter/defaul...icleid=6725516
I don't think Joe's statement is that far off. And you are right too, they certainly wouldn't take any lowball offers. The unfortunate part for Omark is that the Oilers aren't in any rush to deal his rights and Omark's window to play hockey in the NHL is getting smaller by the day.

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:16 AM
  #663
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,756
vCash: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
Why would we trust you? Are you some sort of Nhl insider, or do you work inside the org.?
Omark told recently in a interview that there were 3 offers for him in the summer and oilers declined them all. He said also that he think that oilers was afraid that he would succed in another team. I think that the offers wasnt what they expected to get when they qualified him.

http://www.kuriren.nu/nyheter/defaul...icleid=6725516
common sense that's why. There are numerous teams accross the league that are desperate for healthy bodies.

But then again Omark thinking he's smarter than everyone and signing a contract without an out clause might once again be hurting his career.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:43 AM
  #664
McClelland
Registered User
 
McClelland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,063
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
common sense that's why. There are numerous teams accross the league that are desperate for healthy bodies.

But then again Omark thinking he's smarter than everyone and signing a contract without an out clause might once again be hurting his career.
Common sense says that it has been offers for him! Hes cheap to get and cheap to contract and the reward could be big.

Omark himself said that there were 3 good offers for him due the summer, why would he llying about that?.

I think we are close to get a second round pick for him, he has totally ripped off the swiss leuage with and without nhl help and against nhl first and 2 liners in the games under the lockout.

Omark isnt going to be a nhl star,rather carve out a decent average nhl career, but his offense/pp could help out some teams struggling in that area. The swiss leuage isnt a good leuage but there are alot of canadians there who made 50-100 + nhl games , but most of them doesnt make the noise omark brings.

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:51 AM
  #665
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,756
vCash: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
Common sense says that it has been offers for him! Hes cheap to get and cheap to contract and the reward could be big.

Omark himself said that there were 3 good offers for him due the summer, why would he llying about that?.

I think we are close to get a second round pick for him, he has totally ripped off the swiss leuage with and without nhl help and against nhl first and 2 liners in the games under the lockout.

Omark isnt going to be a nhl star,rather carve out a decent average nhl career, but his offense/pp could help out some teams struggling in that area. The swiss leuage isnt a good leuage but there are alot of canadians there who made 50-100 + nhl games , but most of them doesnt make the noise omark brings.
Sure Omark said. Tambo said the opposite. 3 good offers? How we he know anyway?

If he would've returned a 2nd he would be gone.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:08 PM
  #666
McClelland
Registered User
 
McClelland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,063
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Sure Omark said. Tambo said the opposite. 3 good offers? How we he know anyway?

If he would've returned a 2nd he would be gone.
I think omark know pretty much who is intrested in him, he has a agent in sweden and in canada and teams would certainly check up if the player is intrested in their team before they do any trades.

He didnt brought a 2 pick in the summer, i meant that his swiss adventure has made him worth more!

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:13 PM
  #667
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,756
vCash: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
I think omark know pretty much who is intrested in him, he has a agent in sweden and in canada and teams would certainly check up if the player is intrested in their team before they do any trades.

He didnt brought a 2 pick in the summer, i meant that his swiss adventure has made him worth more!
I'll agree he's worth more, but I have doubts that the agent or Omark know what teams were offering for him. Teams could've been offering Kaberle, Redden, Gomez for all we know.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:01 PM
  #668
McClelland
Registered User
 
McClelland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,063
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I'll agree he's worth more, but I have doubts that the agent or Omark know what teams were offering for him. Teams could've been offering Kaberle, Redden, Gomez for all we know.
Yeaah i dont think hes knows what they offer for him! The question was if there been any offers made for him and that he knows about that.

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:08 PM
  #669
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings
 
Psycho Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 10,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
Yeaah i dont think hes knows what they offer for him! The question was if there been any offers made for him and that he knows about that.
I think we can assume that if the offers were better than salary dumps, Tambellini would have taken them, rather than lose Omark for nothing at the end of the year.

...Although, this is Tambellini we're talking about...

Psycho Dad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:24 PM
  #670
LaGu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Taino
Posts: 1,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
I think omark know pretty much who is intrested in him, he has a agent in sweden and in canada and teams would certainly check up if the player is intrested in their team before they do any trades.

He didnt brought a 2 pick in the summer, i meant that his swiss adventure has made him worth more!
I don't know. Not to claim that anyone is being a liar but at the same time it needs to be noted that one thing that happens from time to time is that an agent claims that his player has x offers on the table because the agent knows that there are some teams that might be interested. It's part of a strategy which is common in soccer where you basically intend to put some pressure on any potential buyer. You generally hear the player say that he knows that x teams are interested because his agent said so. If I remember correctly Omark did quote his agent in the first article (posted on hf a long long time ago, couldn't find it).

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:37 PM
  #671
Rebirth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Sweden
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
I think there was offers but from what I heard the Oilers wanted a pick not a player in return.. So it's plausible that Oilers indeed recieved offers for him but declined them all.

Rebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:51 PM
  #672
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,177
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebirth View Post
I think there was offers but from what I heard the Oilers wanted a pick not a player in return.. So it's plausible that Oilers indeed recieved offers for him but declined them all.
True, but it's as much, if not more likely, that he didn't bring about much interest from the resrt of the league.

Jimmi Jenkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:01 PM
  #673
Lacaar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,363
vCash: 500
Man we better start winning more. My old man always brings up the silliest things to blame on management when the team hits the crapper.

I know he's going to bring up Omark and why don't we have him here haha.

Lacaar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:06 PM
  #674
fuswald
I'd Be Fired
 
fuswald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 481
vCash: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerchon View Post
Players who lead the KHL, AHL, and SEL more often than not can not play in the NHL worth a spit.

The Swiss league is probably equivalent to the WHL (slight exageration). Omark leading everyone there means nothing.
Obviously it does mean a lot. Just not NHL caliber. If he was doing this in the Whl or Ahl (all which are inferior to the Khl) you would say he is doing pretty good.

Worth a second pick for sure. Wait for injuries and he will be somewhere in the NHL.

fuswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:39 PM
  #675
Tedi
Registered User
 
Tedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,702
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuswald View Post
Obviously it does mean a lot. Just not NHL caliber. If he was doing this in the Whl or Ahl (all which are inferior to the Khl) you would say he is doing pretty good.

Worth a second pick for sure. Wait for injuries and he will be somewhere in the NHL.
Omark doesn't have 2nd rd. pick value. Just out of curiosity why isn't Omark playing in the KHL?

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.