Ah, excited to see JT in action. I'm hoping Kreider is in the lineup. Starting a 4th line (Powe, Miller, Mash) who haven't dressed for us the whole season seems crazy.
Awesome user name, man!
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB "Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Devils have the edge in forward depth. I can see the Rangers being pinned in their zone for long stretches. However I see the Devils defensive unit in general as slow and/or soft. Beat them with speed and hard forecheck. Powe will be pumped for his first game and will be throwing his body around I hope.
Devils also playing their 3rd game in 4 nights. Rangers have had a light schedule. Gotta take advantage of that fact. If they play like they did in Tampa they will win.
This game is going to be all about managing the Devils depth, staying out of the box and the Rangers top line finishing plays.
• Gaborik has taken a couple nights off, he needs to be better.
• Nash needs to build on that goal and get a streak going, not to mention becoming a new thorn in Marty's/Devils side.
• The Rangers D and forwards have to let the play come to them and stay on the inside. If the Devils want to cycle and beat us up down on the boards, fine, just dont let them get any quality shots off.
• JT Miller needs to play within himself or hell find himself on the bench after the 12 min mark. Just play normal and hell be fine.
• Get in Fatsos face and get shots through from the point.
• Step and Hags need to build on the game they had in TB. They shouldnt feel like they have to score, just do the same things they did with Pyatt on that line.
• Lundqvist has had some off-time, get into it early and no bad goals tonight please.