HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

COL claims Aaron Palushaj

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2013, 12:24 PM
  #51
Chileiceman
Registered User
 
Chileiceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Chile
Posts: 8,489
vCash: 500
Well I guess it can't hurt to give him a try. I guess this means we'll waive DvG, who I thought did ok in his couple of games here.

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:25 PM
  #52
Chileiceman
Registered User
 
Chileiceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Chile
Posts: 8,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
ROB was never anything beyond a number six. For what we paid, I don't consider it a good move.

You could put Theo in there for a little while as well
Lets not forget Patrice Brisbois and his awesomeness.

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:29 PM
  #53
mustela
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Sweden
Posts: 285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffL19 View Post

When was the last time the Avs claimed someone from waivers?
parros?

mustela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:33 PM
  #54
AslanRH
Part of the Plan
 
AslanRH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wyoming, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,435
vCash: 50
Maybe not Wednesday, but from reading what Habs fans say, eventually it could look like this while Lando is out

McGinn-Dutch-PAP
Palushaj-Stazz-Jones (not sure which one is more suited off wing)
McCleod-Mitchell-Kobesew/Heduk
Olver-Sgarb-Bords

DVD back to LEM
But you know Sacco...Palushaj will start well and then probably sit for weeks

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:35 PM
  #55
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,477
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Y U hefta hate?
No hate, just my honest opinion based on what I saw from him in Hamilton and Montreal. To me he looks like an AHL star that just isn't good enough to stick in a NHL scoring role.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:37 PM
  #56
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,415
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
Maybe not Wednesday, but from reading what Habs fans say, eventually it could look like this while Lando is out

McGinn-Dutch-PAP
Palushaj-Stazz-Jones (not sure which one is more suited off wing)
McCleod-Mitchell-Kobesew/Heduk
Olver-Sgarb-Bords

DVD back to LEM
But you know Sacco...Palushaj will start well and then probably sit for weeks
Yeah, I know Sacco...
He'll move Bordy up to Staz's wing, and play Palushaj on the 4th line.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:37 PM
  #57
finds71
Registered User
 
finds71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Country: France
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Let 's put him on Staz' line and see how it goes.

finds71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:38 PM
  #58
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan
 
Helton4Hall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Storming the Gates
Country: South Korea
Posts: 18,480
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
Lets not forget Patrice Brisbois and his awesomeness.
My liver certainly won't.

Helton4Hall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:39 PM
  #59
henchman24
#ImagineAvs
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,474
vCash: 500
I hope (assuming Jones is out):

McGinn-Duchene-PAP
Sgarbossa-Stastny-Hejduk
Highlander-Mitchell-Palushaj
Kobasew-Olver-Bords

What I expect:

McGinn-Duchene-PAP
Mitchell-Stastny-Hejduk
McLeod-Olver-Kobasew
Bords-Sgarbossa-Palushaj

henchman24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:56 PM
  #60
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 3,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I hope (assuming Jones is out):

McGinn-Duchene-PAP
Sgarbossa-Stastny-Hejduk
Highlander-Mitchell-Palushaj
Kobasew-Olver-Bords

What I expect:

McGinn-Duchene-PAP
Mitchell-Stastny-Hejduk
McLeod-Olver-Kobasew
Bords-Sgarbossa-Palushaj
I think the Avs are trying to groom Sgarbossa at center for if/when the O'Reilly thing goes completely south and we have to trade O'Reilly. So then the future would be Duchene, Stastny, Sgarbossa as the top 3 guys.

I highly doubt we see Sgarbossa playing wing much at all.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:11 PM
  #61
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
Dater tweeted that Parenteau and O'Brien weren't at practice today. Stay tuned...

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:18 PM
  #62
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,415
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Dater tweeted that Parenteau and O'Brien weren't at practice today. Stay tuned...
maintenance day for PAP; SOB traded?



Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:18 PM
  #63
The Shermanator
Knee Brace Season
 
The Shermanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,942
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
Brian Engblom mentioned last night that Lando would be out for the foreseeable future, so it does not sound like he is coming back anytime soon.
If he's got a concussion just sit him for the whole year. No point risking anything in this short season.

The Shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:18 PM
  #64
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,734
vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Dater tweeted that Parenteau and O'Brien weren't at practice today. Stay tuned...
Not sure what we'd stay tuned for. PAP isn't going anywhere, and no team is dumb enough to give up something of ANY value whatsoever for O'Brien.

RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:19 PM
  #65
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,734
vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
maintenance day for PAP; SOB traded?



Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please
Dude...how rude, you forgot to say "Please".

RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:19 PM
  #66
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,203
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I disagree. I don't see his offensive game translating, nor do I see him being able to play his style of game effectively in the NHL. I know it is very early, but he hasn't looked very good at all for Hamilton. He is at very least years away from contributing.
You are wrong,

- His style of game is that of ROR.
- Judging his offensive game on his rookie season is stupid. He had a fantastic offensive career in juniors.
- Was used on both the PP and PK.
- Was captain of the team.
- Won the Memorial Cup as captain.
- He will be a less talented version of ROR (3rd to 4th line centre that kills penalties and secondary scoring forward)

In other words HE will be a NHL player and you are wrong.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:20 PM
  #67
henchman24
#ImagineAvs
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
I think the Avs are trying to groom Sgarbossa at center for if/when the O'Reilly thing goes completely south and we have to trade O'Reilly. So then the future would be Duchene, Stastny, Sgarbossa as the top 3 guys.

I highly doubt we see Sgarbossa playing wing much at all.
I agree that is probably what is happening. I would still like to see what he could do on the wing though.

henchman24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:20 PM
  #68
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,415
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Not sure what we'd stay tuned for. PAP isn't going anywhere, and no team is dumb enough to give up something of ANY value whatsoever for O'Brien.
A team needing a little toughness on the 3rd pairing could have a use for SOB.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:20 PM
  #69
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Not sure what we'd stay tuned for. PAP isn't going anywhere, and no team is dumb enough to give up something of ANY value whatsoever for O'Brien.
No, silly. I'm not saying they're getting ready to trade those players, I'm worried those players might be piling onto our ever-increasing IR.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:22 PM
  #70
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,734
vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
No, silly. I'm not saying they're getting ready to trade those players, I'm worried those players might be piling onto our ever-increasing IR.
Doy!

I am super silly...

O'Brien, sure, might as well.

But if PAP were (hypothetically) injured, let's just call it "Good Game" this year and regroup for next year.

RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:30 PM
  #71
henchman24
#ImagineAvs
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
You are wrong,

- His style of game is that of ROR.
- Judging his offensive game on his rookie season is stupid. He had a fantastic offensive career in juniors.
- Was used on both the PP and PK.
- Was captain of the team.
- Won the Memorial Cup as captain.
- He will be a weaker version of ROR (3rd to 4th line centre that kills penalties and secondary scoring forward)

In other words HE will be a NHL player and you are wrong.
We will see in time who is right and who is wrong. Just because he had a good junior career doesn't mean that he will be anything in the NHL, lots and lots of players have great junior careers and they don't amount to anything. Sometimes things don't translate well, and I personally think the Bournival is one of those players.

Also, I'm not just judging his offensive game in Hamilton. His overall game hasn't been very good there (doesn't help that his team is terrible).

henchman24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:31 PM
  #72
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 28,681
vCash: 50
A guess is that this player is someone who was on Avs radar but not someone they wanted to trade for and have to provide a spot for. But with the injuries and him being free, why not? This allows them to send vdG down and help LEM. If it doesn't work out we'll waive him and Habs get him back for their farm team.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:39 PM
  #73
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,203
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
We will see in time who is right and who is wrong. Just because he had a good junior career doesn't mean that he will be anything in the NHL, lots and lots of players have great junior careers and they don't amount to anything. Sometimes things don't translate well, and I personally think the Bournival is one of those players.

Also, I'm not just judging his offensive game in Hamilton. His overall game hasn't been very good there (doesn't help that his team is terrible).
You are going to be wrong.

I have seen him progress in the last three years astronomically. He has had a fantastic career at the junior level making majority of his points by his work ethic, anyone with his work ethic will always progress.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:42 PM
  #74
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 21,677
vCash: 291
PAP prolly taking a maintenance day off since you know hes been on fire SOB had a massive hang over this morning is what im guessing.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:45 PM
  #75
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
SOB needs to get back to what he does best...posting pictures of all the hot girls and strippers he hangs out with.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.