HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

The Luongo Thread - Somebody get Lamb Chop on the phone..

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 01:29 PM
dave babych returns

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopALoop View Post
I'm not too sure about the latter.

Even with the entire "situation" of our goalies, I don't recall Lu's agent ever really coming forward to spew anything of this caliber. I may be wrong.

It just seems like a little bit of a knee jerk reaction from Luit this short into the season.
No offense but I think you (and many others, don't mean to single you out here) are the one having a knee jerk reaction.

Liut made a comment about how much his client hoped to play this year, and a comment about what outcome might be a disastrous one (immediately before saying he has no expectation that will occur), and otherwise was pretty emphatic that they have to be patient and allow the Canucks to resolve this complicated situation in a timeframe that works for then.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:30 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
While Liut may not be speaking for Schneider specifically. Would anyone be surprised if e was? Schneider was supposedly given nod, yet Luongo will not relinquish his throne. We will eventually reach a point where Schneider may consider other options.
When? In 3 years when his Standard Player's Contract is up? He has no options.

Give me a break.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:31 PM
dave babych returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Only difference is his complaining was done behind the scenes, whereas Schneider's agent complained publicly.
Did you even read the quotes?

Old
02-05-2013, 01:32 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave babych returns View Post
Did you even read the quotes?
Did you?

02-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Hielo Grande

It seems we are going to revisit this situation again in a couple of years when Lack or Cannata are turning heads with their back up appearances and fans are clamouring for one of them to start. Then what; trade Schneider? I believe Gillis should trade whoever fetches the best return ... after the post season. Trade deadline deal sure as shooting will come back to bite us in the arse.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:42 PM
pitseleh

People can see the difference between (1) a player who clearly hadn't earned it complaining about not getting more ice time, and (2) a player who earned more ice time and signed a long-term deal with the understanding that he would be the starter being concerned about the fact that they aren't getting more ice time, right?

Old
02-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Jay Cee
P4G

I don't know what Schneider's agent is supposed to say otherwise. That he is happy his client isn't playing?

I am not concerned. Obviously people are probably a little annoyed with the situation but I am sure the players and the media will get over it when Vancouver starts racking up the wins and Luongo does or doesn't get traded.

Luongo got hot and Schneider has an opportunity to get hot and play the majority of games.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:45 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
People can see the difference between (1) a player who clearly hadn't earned it complaining about not getting more ice time, and (2) a player who earned more ice time and signed a long-term deal with the understanding that he would be the starter being concerned about the fact that they aren't getting more ice time, right?
Nope. Here in Canuck nation, we have two mood settings: rainbows and roses or full on meltdown.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:48 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
The voice of reason. Good post pitseleh.

One thing I'd like to know, is what kind of assurances were made to Schneider's camp when the deal was signed. I know, that we'll likely never know, but for Schneider's agent to discuss ice-time after signing a fairly significant contract (starter money) for a guy who has never started is IMO a bit outlandish.

I love Lu and Schneids, but Schneids' contract is a handsome pay day for what amounts to an unproven NHL starter. I'd say keep biding your time and counting your fat stacks.

We all know he's going to get his shot.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:54 PM
I in the Eye

I don't think AV is tactful, or sensitive, enough to have this done "issue free"... As far as issues go, this is harmless, IMHO...

Canucks have two excellent goaltenders... Throwing Bobby Lu a bone right now... Schneider will be getting his bone soon enough...

When you only have one free breast, and two hungry babies... one baby needs to go hungry for a while longer (that's just the way life sometimes is)... The one who's likely to cry and fuss first, gets fed first... He's older... Squeeky wheel gets the grease, and age before beauty... Schneider won't starve... After all, Mommy loves Schneider more... All is well, in the cycle of life...

Baby Lu is getting adopted soon enough... Until then, yes, breasts might get a little sore... Yes, babies might cry or whimper a little more... but, life could be worse, for everyone involved... They've got shelter... They're safe enough... It's a great environment... AV isn't very outwardly loving, but that's just the way he is... He's a distant father... But I don't foresee social services needing to send Baby Lu to an orphanage... Time is there for a great family to adopt Baby Lu... Baby Schneids will have to wait a little bit... I'm confident he won't **** the crib in protest... and he won't starve...

Old
02-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
While Liut may not be speaking for Schneider specifically. Would anyone be surprised if e was? Schneider was supposedly given nod, yet Luongo will not relinquish his throne. We will eventually reach a point where Schneider may consider other options.

Yeah, mister maturity in Schneider could pull a 180 on us. Never know.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:

As it appears, no, people cannot.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:59 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
I don't think AV is tactful, or sensitive, enough to have this done "issue free"... As far as issues go, this is harmless, IMHO...

Canucks have two excellent goaltenders... Throwing Bobby Lu a bone right now... Schneider will be getting his bone soon enough...

When you only have one free breast, and two hungry babies... one baby needs to go hungry for a while longer (that's just the way life sometimes is)... The one who's likely to cry and fuss first, gets fed first... He's older... Squeeky wheel gets the grease, and age before beauty... Schneider won't starve... After all, Mommy loves Schneider more... All is well, in the cycle of life...

Baby Lu is getting adopted soon enough... Until then, yes, breasts might get a little sore... Yes, babies might cry or whimper a little more... but, life could be worse, for everyone involved... They've got shelter... They're safe enough... It's a great environment... AV isn't very outwardly loving, but that's just the way he is... He's a distant father... But I don't foresee social services needing to send Baby Lu to an orphanage... Time is there for a great family to adopt Baby Lu... Baby Schneids will have to wait a little bit... I'm confident he won't **** the crib in protest...
Nice analogy there.

Also, Lu has started 5 games, Schneids has started 4. If he gets the start against Minny it'll be all even. What's the dealio?

Old
02-05-2013, 02:01 PM
arsmaster

Quote:

Baby Lu is getting adopted soon enough... Until then, yes, breasts might get a little sore... Yes, babies might cry or whimper a little more... but, life could be worse, for everyone involved... They've got shelter... They're safe enough... It's a great environment... AV isn't very outwardly loving, but that's just the way he is... He's a distant father... But I don't foresee social services needing to send Baby Lu to an orphanage... Time is there for a great family to adopt Baby Lu... Baby Schneids will have to wait a little bit... I'm confident he won't **** the crib in protest... and he won't starve...

Everytime man. Thank you for this post.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:07 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Quote:

Milking it a bit, but you are right. The only real issue is the team's success. Schnieder, by all accounts is a smart man, I'm sure he isn't going to be hating it because he isn't starting. Luongo endured a lot of flung poop while apparently working hard on his game all summer. Schnieder knows about this and can hardly begrudge his pal a chance to play. I doubt he's worried about anything except his agent yapping off.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:09 PM
PRNuck
Wow. What a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Milking it a bit, but you are right. The only real issue is the team's success. Schnieder, by all accounts is a smart man, I'm sure he isn't going to be hating it because he isn't starting. Luongo endured a lot of flung poop while apparently working hard on his game all summer. Schnieder knows about this and can hardly begrudge his pal a chance to play. I doubt he's worried about anything except his agent yapping off.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:16 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
No doubt, anyone have an image of last night?

Random clip, crumby quality. I'll post decent pictures later.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:19 PM
PRNuck
Wow. What a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post

Should have named the file rift.gif imo.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Hielo Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post

lip readers feel free to chime in here. what is schneids saying?

Old
02-05-2013, 02:24 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hielo Grande View Post
*through a fake smile* I hope you die in an oil fire.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

vCash: 50
Quote:
"Yeah Bobby!" ???

That's my guess.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
02-05-2013, 02:28 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

It's the old good cop (Schnied's public face), bad cop (Liut) routine. Good strategy. Bad timing.

02-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Hal 9000*

Quote:
I think Schneider say's "you lucky ******"

Old
02-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Timmer44

vCash: 400
Quote:

Wow.

What many are losing sight of here is how a coach must manage his team. Or, specifically, how AV has always managed his team. Everyone on the team follows the same set of rules, regardless of who they are. If his decisions are based on outside variables such as contract or draft status, then players will no longer believe performance will get him rewarded.

For example, a fringe player like Volpatti will lay it all out on the line if he knows that he will be rewarded with a spot in the NHL. If he sees Luongo outplaying Schneider, however loses his spot based on politics, then hes more likely to not trust the coaches equality. Weve seen it before with Ballard/Rome.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Hal 9000*

I think NJ would be the optimal place for Schneider to end up.

Closed Thread