HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

habs - canes trade

Old
02-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Boom Boom Anton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
Cole is not going anywhere unless habs are out of the playoff at the deadline !! It will cost a lot to acquired him ... Carolina is not willing to pay the price so !! Team like rangers , Philly , Pittsburg , Los Angeles just to name them would be willing to part for a lot to get him !! Those team don't care when it come to win a Stanley cup they r willing to give future ...
At the deadline cole will get at least 1 round pick + excellent prospect
Great, but I believe the OP is a Habs fan, not a Canes fan. There aren't any Canes fan on this thread asking for Cole (other than a joke trade proposal because the Faulk + a first was so ridiculous).

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
what about this?

Joe Corvo
Kevin Westgarth
5th

Erik Cole

Habs get a veteran defenceman and some size since they're a little small outside Borque and a valuable mid round pick from a bad team

Canes get a 1 dimensional smurf who can go back to playing with his bestest buds and continue on his tradition of racing down the wing faster than anyone and lifting the puck one inch off the ice right into the goalies pad.
That's a horrible deal, absolutely no need for Joe Corvo

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Identity404
Unknown Pleasures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
That's a horrible deal, absolutely no need for Joe Corvo
Obviously that is a horrible deal. It was a purposely horrible proposal based on the previous suggestion of Cole and a 2nd for Faulk and a first.

Faulk is currently our best defenseman at 20 years old. His value to the canes would be similar to how the Habs value Subban. In fact, I wouldn't want to trade Faulk for Subban straight up.

Identity404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Identity404 View Post
Obviously that is a horrible deal. It was a purposely horrible proposal based on the previous suggestion of Cole and a 2nd for Faulk and a first.

Faulk is currently our best defenseman at 20 years old. His value to the canes would be similar to how the Habs value Subban. In fact, I wouldn't want to trade Faulk for Subban straight up.
I know how you feel. I would refuse to trade Eller for Eric Staal. Most teams would refuse to make deals that improve their on ice product. Faulk is turning into a good young player. He has lots of potential. He is NOT at Subban's level, yet. I can totally understand that the offer of Cole for Faulk and a 1st is offensive to your team. You addressed that with your equally offensive counter offer. No need to go into the realm of the ridiculous after that.

Habs wouldn't, and shouldn't trade Cole, in any case. We are not rebuilding, and Cole is a necessary piece for us to get to the playoffs and make a Cup run. We keep our guys, you keep yours, and we can all be happy.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Rollins View Post
Cole's been getting his game back more and more with each game. Dunno what you've been watching, unless you're one of those fans that think a player must be dealt if he's not scoring a hat trick a game.
Maybe you need new glasses, cuz if Cole continue to play like he's doing he will finish the season on the last line and i'm gonna prefer a guy like Moen who work for real.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:36 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
2 years from now his contract will be expiring and he'll be a UFA.
Right, and up until 7/1/15 he's going to be holding that NTC like an ace. The market for 36-year-old wingers who are realistically good for about 20 goals isn't huge to begin with. Add the NTC with Cole's generally self-interested attitude and you're unlikely to make a successful trade involving him.

Personally I see no reason that the Hurricanes would jump at the opportunity to get re-involved with him, either now or two years from now.

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:43 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
I like Cole, but If the habs are out of it at the deadline and somebody offered a 1st, I'd probably do it.
Only time it would be worth it. Dude has been playing better so have no clue what the OP has been watching.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Novacane
LOCK

At this point, I have 0 interest in Cole.

Novacane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Why on Earth would we trade Cole ?

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Joe McGrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
I know how you feel. I would refuse to trade Eller for Eric Staal. Most teams would refuse to make deals that improve their on ice product. Faulk is turning into a good young player. He has lots of potential. He is NOT at Subban's level, yet. I can totally understand that the offer of Cole for Faulk and a 1st is offensive to your team. You addressed that with your equally offensive counter offer. No need to go into the realm of the ridiculous after that.

Habs wouldn't, and shouldn't trade Cole, in any case. We are not rebuilding, and Cole is a necessary piece for us to get to the playoffs and make a Cup run. We keep our guys, you keep yours, and we can all be happy.
Lars Eller is to Eric Staal as Justn Faulk is to PK Subban? I know it's been a while since I took the SATs but I don't think this one adds up.

Joe McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Only time it would be worth it. Dude has been playing better so have no clue what the OP has been watching.
he played a lil bit better vs ottawa but it is only 1 game, I saw so many bad comments on Desharnais while the real problem was Cole, I cant understand why you back that lazy ass and bash on a player who's working hard.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:42 PM
junyab

Not trading Cole...and can't see an offer than would change my opinion...there is no way the Canes are trading McBain, Faulk or Skinner - and those would be the only players that MTL would consider if a Cole trade was being discussed.

He loves playing in Montreal, is producing, and is a fantasic mentor for Max Pac.

junyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by junyab View Post
Not trading Cole...and can't see an offer than would change my opinion...there is no way the Canes are trading McBain, Faulk or Skinner - and those would be the only players that MTL would consider if a Cole trade was being discussed.

He loves playing in Montreal, is producing, and is a fantasic mentor for Max Pac.
As long as we continue playing well we're not trading him but if we aren't I would trade Cole for Victor Rask + a 2nd.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
what about this?

Joe Corvo
Kevin Westgarth
5th

Erik Cole

Habs get a veteran defenceman and some size since they're a little small outside Borque and a valuable mid round pick from a bad team

Canes get a 1 dimensional smurf who can go back to playing with his bestest buds and continue on his tradition of racing down the wing faster than anyone and lifting the puck one inch off the ice right into the goalies pad.
Cole is important to us, so you'll need to change that 5th to a 7th, because 7 is higher than 5, ergo we get more

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:41 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
Maybe you need new glasses, cuz if Cole continue to play like he's doing he will finish the season on the last line and i'm gonna prefer a guy like Moen who work for real.

ahahahah

Cole is playing just fine......Just to let you know, Cole was 11th last year in the NHL for Goals. You don't trade you're best goal scorer after 8 games.......

EveryDay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Identity404
Unknown Pleasures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post

Subban is a better player than Faulk right now, but he is also three years older. Subban's and Faulk's ceilings are probably pretty similar, I'm not going to start a debate on who will be better. I think we can agree that both franchises would like to just keep their own players they drafted.

In the end it just doesn't really matter. Cole want return a canes. Habs have no choice but to take our junk for Cole.

Identity404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:08 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
As long as we continue playing well we're not trading him but if we aren't I would trade Cole for Victor Rask + a 2nd.
I guarantee that JR would make that trade. Even more so if you say you're about to trade him to the Rangers instead.

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
ahahahah

Cole is playing just fine......Just to let you know, Cole was 11th last year in the NHL for Goals. You don't trade you're best goal scorer after 8 games.......
Lol, you find it funny but if you cant admit that Cole play like a lazy ass right now it just mean that your judgement is very poor.

Old
02-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:
Lol, you find it funny but if you cant admit that Cole play like a lazy ass right now it just mean that your judgement is very poor.
2 goals and 1 assist in his last 4 games and last weekend he looked better with the return of MaxPac, YOUR judgement is very poor.

Malakhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
I guarantee that JR would make that trade. Even more so if you say you're about to trade him to the Rangers instead.
That's what I like to hear.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Identity404 View Post
Subban is a better player than Faulk right now, but he is also three years older. Subban's and Faulk's ceilings are probably pretty similar, I'm not going to start a debate on who will be better. I think we can agree that both franchises would like to just keep their own players they drafted.

In the end it just doesn't really matter. Cole want return a canes. Habs have no choice but to take our junk for Cole.
I have no problem agreeing that both franchises love, and keep the players they drafted without trying to argue if either is better than the other.

Cole actually is happy in Montreal. It is not playing for the Habs that has made him upset, it is playing under a new CBA he believes screwed the players. I have not heard about him demanding a trade, and as has been pointed out, he is already showing signs of breaking out of the supposed "funk" he started the season beneath. The Habs have no interest in dealing him while we have a chance to make the plyoffs. We need him with DD and Patches on the first/second line. If the Habs get hit by disaster, then see us at the trade deadline.

I respect the Hurricanes as an organization, and absolutely love their coach (wish Molson would have had the balls and brains to fire Martin and give the job to Muller the last damned season he was with us!!!). I hope we meet, and beat, you in the ECF. Good Luck!

Old
02-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Cole is NOT playing like a "lazy ass". He was not playing the best hockey ever to start the season, but there are lots of guys who are off to slow starts. An 8 game slow start is not a reason to toss out a 30+ goal scoring, 60+ point producing 1st line power forward who has great chemistry with two young players he is helping to guide further along in their development. Relax, there is no way we start to jettison very valuable veterans like Cole for picks/prospects when we will need him. As has been pointed out, he has started to play better. The Habs are winning. If we are out of the playoff hunt at some point, then start looking to trade him for futures. Right now there is no reason to hit the panic button, yet.

Let's stop insulting people, and start recognizing the value of a veteran point producing power forward off to a slow start that has not hurt the team. Fair enough?

Old
02-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
2 goals and 1 assist in his last 4 games and last weekend he looked better with the return of MaxPac, YOUR judgement is very poor.
2 garbage goal, comon you don't need to be a genuis to see that Cole play like if he had 0 motivation.

Hall Gill skate faster than him right now.

Maybe it is his traditionnal slow start but i don't like how he let Desharnais do all the job.

Old
02-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
2 garbage goal, comon you don't need to be a genuis to see that Cole play like if he had 0 motivation.

Maybe it is his traditionnal slow start but i don't like how he let Desharnais do all the job.
Cole goes to the net to get the garbage goal. Not every goal is going to be a highlight of the night.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:

Cole has been fine, he's supposed to get goals in front of the net. But fine, lets ignore the fact that you wont consider his last three games and only want to focus on his first 5 games of the season. (even though its incredibly stupid)

Why would you only offer Cole to the Canes and not put him on the open market?

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote