Old
01-29-2013, 12:29 PM
Shaun

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
From NEHJ: Bruins Top 10 Prospects
By Kirk Luedeke

Weve done a decent job in terms of knowing the OHL to the degree we do and recognizing the ability to scratch below the surface on some of these kids, said Sweeney. Thats a testament to our (scouts). Each and every organization, obviously the guys have a very difficult task scouting, seeing it in itself, plus the travel. Its a good thing for our guys to have that success.

Between Hamilton, Subban and Providence center Ryan Spooner, the Bs have a solid nucleus of a future young core they can continue to build around.

Heres a detailed look at NEHJs top-10 ranking of the Boston Bruins prospects for 2013.

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/blog/ki...p_10_Prospects
great list.

sadly it reminds me how little we got out of the 2007-2009 drafts.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Rumpy

Great list and read.

I have never seen Griffith play but I'm not ready to buy the hype yet.

Big numbers don't always translate from junior to pro.

The good part about Griffith being passed up in a draft means if the Bruins sign him we'll get our answer sooner than later. I'm pretty sure he can play in the AHL next year.

Memorial Cup is at home this year I'd love to see:

Halifax
London
Edmonton/Portland

Saskatoon is AWEFUL!!!

Old
01-30-2013, 08:22 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
He's probably considered "graduated" since he's played like 75 NHL games.
Thanks, I kind of figured that but wasn't sure.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:30 PM
LuckyLuke87

Could anyone give more info on Jared Knight? He's complete mystery this season, at least for me. He got injured early in the season, than came back and after 2 games in ECHL and 1 in AHL he's out again (and I can't find why). I came here to find out but only two posts were touching this subject - one saying he'll be on BOS third line by March and another denying it. I didn't expect Jared in NHL this year but I was looking forward to strong year in AHL. Are injuries nagging him whole season or is something else going on?

And one additional question - why is Trotman not playing in Providence? Is he injured? Thought he was their best D-man this year...

Old
01-30-2013, 03:49 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuke87 View Post
Could anyone give more info on Jared Knight? He's complete mystery this season, at least for me. He got injured early in the season, than came back and after 2 games in ECHL and 1 in AHL he's out again (and I can't find why). I came here to find out but only two posts were touching this subject - one saying he'll be on BOS third line by March and another denying it. I didn't expect Jared in NHL this year but I was looking forward to strong year in AHL. Are injuries nagging him whole season or is something else going on?

And one additional question - why is Trotman not playing in Providence? Is he injured? Thought he was their best D-man this year...
knight has had a combination of hamstring, ankle and groin injuries. still out as far as i know - not sure when he's due back.

trotman got a concussion on a hit in game vs. bridgeport. believe he is close to returning. think i heard he was supposed to skate this week.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Beesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
knight has had a combination of hamstring, ankle and groin injuries. still out as far as i know - not sure when he's due back.

trotman got a concussion on a hit in game vs. bridgeport. believe he is close to returning. think i heard he was supposed to skate this week.
The Bruins had better be really careful here. Sounds like compensation from one injury is effecting other parts of the lower body. Their sole focus should be to get him 10 regular season games and then the playoffs - that way they can be sure he is healed, but also ensure it is not a total lost development season.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:36 PM
redsox7327

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
knight has had a combination of hamstring, ankle and groin injuries.
Where did he get all of these injuries, in practice? He hasn't played.

I know that sounds sarcastic, but I'm not trying to be.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox7327 View Post

He hurt his hamstring opening weekend and got hurt his first game back from that injury a few weeks ago, hasn't played since

Old
01-30-2013, 08:12 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox7327 View Post

I think this is how it went- he got hurt in the first round of the OHL Playoffs against Windsor when he ended up in a fight with Warren Rychel's kid (I think Kerby is his name but he's pretty good and projected to go first round this year); Knight twisted his ankle in the fight (may be on youtube somewhere and I think OOG was there and wrote about it)

so Knight is messed up for the OHL playoffs, misses games, has a tough time and keeps reinjuring until after Dev Camp when he stays off it and recovers

The groin injury I'm tossing out don't believe he ever had that problem- its the hamstring that is the problem. He tore it pretty good and missed about 6 weeks or so. He came back thinking he was fine and in the first game back against Bridgeport he felt a decent twinge and c'est la vie.

At that point Don Sweeney pretty much said wtf is going on here including getting the best medical people involved and having JK deal with the Boston staff. They did all sorts of testing to determine what they were dealing with and the original tear I believe had not healed. The medical folks are continuing to work with him and its a safe guess that they will probably do MRI and other high tech stuff on him before he gets back out there.

Also, would not suprise me if the Bruins now that they have the Spooners and Knights and probably Dougie and others under their watch outline detailed off season programs for them. Not sure about the weight program or the gym stuff Kirk wrote about last off season- you may see him at a camp like Gary Roberts runs (and all three of these guys- Spooner and Dougie) all have the same agent group and those guys are big on that camp. JK logically will come under the Marty Lapointe scrutiny due to his apparent hamstring and quads being a bit oversized or undersized depending on which muscle you are talking about. Again, guessing but pretty logical, he will probably be doing lots of stretching and weight training geared to keeping his legs in shape

As for when he comes back that is unclear until he passes whatever type of criteria and testing the Bruins and their medical staff have for him. He must be close to returning to skating since its been a month or so I think since he went out and the tear was not considered new but the prior one not yet completely healed

Old
01-31-2013, 01:18 AM
Vino313

To echo DKH, Knight gave an interview to his hometown paper dated 1/26 where he talks about tearing the hamstring the first week of the season and then reinjuring the same hamstring his first game back: (link).

Of interest in that article, he said that if everything went according to plan he would be back on the ice this week. Hopefully a return to game action isn't too far beyond that:

Quote:
So all through this, Ive stayed positive. Boston, and Providence, they have the best doctors, the best types of treatments available, and now its just a case of me being totally 100 percent before they want me to get back onto the ice. . Myself, I kind of felt I was ready to get on the ice this (past) week, but the medical staff wanted me to wait for about another week or so.

So, if all goes well, and I think it will, I should be getting back on the ice this next week. And once I do, Im going to work even harder than ever.

Old
01-31-2013, 08:13 AM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino313 View Post
To echo DKH, Knight gave an interview to his hometown paper dated 1/26 where he talks about tearing the hamstring the first week of the season and then reinjuring the same hamstring his first game back: (link).

Of interest in that article, he said that if everything went according to plan he would be back on the ice this week. Hopefully a return to game action isn't too far beyond that:
With Bourque on the big club, I wonder if he'll finally get some game reps with his BFF.

Old
01-31-2013, 06:46 PM
LuckyLuke87

Thanks a lot guys, got more info than I expected

Kinda feel bad for Jared, hope he gets better soon and enjoys the rest of the season. I root for him since his draft year where he was completely ignored by scouting services but still managed to get drafted thanks to hard work and determination. Still believe Bruins got a good one #32.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:37 AM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I think this is how it went- he got hurt in the first round of the OHL Playoffs against Windsor when he ended up in a fight with Warren Rychel's kid (I think Kerby is his name but he's pretty good and projected to go first round this year); Knight twisted his ankle in the fight (may be on youtube somewhere and I think OOG was there and wrote about it)

so Knight is messed up for the OHL playoffs, misses games, has a tough time and keeps reinjuring until after Dev Camp when he stays off it and recovers

The groin injury I'm tossing out don't believe he ever had that problem- its the hamstring that is the problem. He tore it pretty good and missed about 6 weeks or so. He came back thinking he was fine and in the first game back against Bridgeport he felt a decent twinge and c'est la vie.

At that point Don Sweeney pretty much said wtf is going on here including getting the best medical people involved and having JK deal with the Boston staff. They did all sorts of testing to determine what they were dealing with and the original tear I believe had not healed. The medical folks are continuing to work with him and its a safe guess that they will probably do MRI and other high tech stuff on him before he gets back out there.

Also, would not suprise me if the Bruins now that they have the Spooners and Knights and probably Dougie and others under their watch outline detailed off season programs for them. Not sure about the weight program or the gym stuff Kirk wrote about last off season- you may see him at a camp like Gary Roberts runs (and all three of these guys- Spooner and Dougie) all have the same agent group and those guys are big on that camp. JK logically will come under the Marty Lapointe scrutiny due to his apparent hamstring and quads being a bit oversized or undersized depending on which muscle you are talking about. Again, guessing but pretty logical, he will probably be doing lots of stretching and weight training geared to keeping his legs in shape

As for when he comes back that is unclear until he passes whatever type of criteria and testing the Bruins and their medical staff have for him. He must be close to returning to skating since its been a month or so I think since he went out and the tear was not considered new but the prior one not yet completely healed
Excellent info...thanks for posting.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:05 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Just a few questions for anybody who knows:

It seems that Svedberg is having an excellent season down at Providence. What kind of future does this guy project to have in the NHL? And with the relative goaltending depth that the Bruins seem to have in the system, does he potentially have trade value this year as part of a package? Or is he somebody in your opinion, that the Bruins should keep around and continue to develop?

Old
02-01-2013, 08:40 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Koko had 2 assists last night but was a -3 on the night
Tonight
Camara with a goal and another in the shootout.
Payne 1 assist on the night
koko had another assist tonight (I'll add that windsor was outshot 42 to 14 and won 2 to 1

Old
02-02-2013, 12:23 AM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg4167 View Post
Just a few questions for anybody who knows:

It seems that Svedberg is having an excellent season down at Providence. What kind of future does this guy project to have in the NHL? And with the relative goaltending depth that the Bruins seem to have in the system, does he potentially have trade value this year as part of a package? Or is he somebody in your opinion, that the Bruins should keep around and continue to develop?
Simply put, Svedberg's near future with the team depends on Khudobin's plans.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:10 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

koko with a goal and an assist tonight
Subban I believe was pulled tonight but both goalies gave up 4. Bad night for Belleville

Old
02-05-2013, 01:55 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

I haven't really followed Camara much and am sort of regretting it now, he seems like he might be able to step in as a rookie next year and impress, also seems to be the type of player we really need given our lack of size and grit in depth that is starting to loom a bit...

Old
02-05-2013, 02:07 PM
redsox7327

Anyone seen some Cornell games lately?

Old
02-05-2013, 02:48 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
I haven't really followed Camara much and am sort of regretting it now, he seems like he might be able to step in as a rookie next year and impress, also seems to be the type of player we really need given our lack of size and grit in depth that is starting to loom a bit...
28 goals in 39 games! He's finally got the offense they predicted when they drafted him.

Old
02-05-2013, 03:33 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg4167 View Post
Excellent info...thanks for posting.
THANKS- a lot of great stuff on these guys and others provided by Kirk who is amazing on this stuff and has a wide net over this with contacts both in the industry and the players (unlike me he will be fair with his assessment)- his stuff is epic to me and all my buds (and kid) read it; and Dom aka OOG here hits a lot of games and knows many folks in the OHL especially (been with him and seen him interact) so this board has some really high end talent adding to our knowledge and enjoyment

really excited for Spooner getting called up- very young but very talented and as he gains experiences and fills out he could be quite a player

Old
02-05-2013, 04:17 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
28 goals in 39 games! He's finally got the offense they predicted when they drafted him.
sometime in the future maybe a third line of Camara-Spooner-Knight. looks good if they all pan out

Old
02-05-2013, 06:29 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

I mentioned it in the Beanpot thread, but now that i found the video. Here is Grzelcyk's sick rush from last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3-P_nlY8Ec

Old
02-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post
I mentioned it in the Beanpot thread, but now that i found the video. Here is Grzelcyk's sick rush from last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3-P_nlY8Ec

Thanks. That is great skill, especially for a freshman.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:47 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Many here (myself incl) were saying the same things about Knight last year. After seeing how rare it is (particularly for guys who were not Top 10 picks) for prospects to make the jump directly from juniors to the NHL and it's superior size/speed, I would be happy if Camara (in PRO):

1) Signs a contract

2) Plays an aggressive forechecking and hitting style

3) Contributes even a fair amount of offense

If he can do those things, I will be happy and look for him to possibly make an impact the following year.

We do it every year, but I think I may have finally realized that there is a huge difference from Juniors/NCAA to the NHL and it's the rare player that can make the jump immediately. These kids need time to adjust to the pro game.

Look at a guy like Conacher in TB. He is a "rookie sensation", but in reality is a kid who is 23, played four years of NCAA hockey, and then a solid year and a half developing in the AHL, before becoming an "overnight success".

We all need to temper our expectations of these guys. If they exceed them great, if not, it doesn't mean they are instant busts.

Closed Thread