HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/5/13 7PM Memories of Boudreau: Team of NHL Playing Glory vs Team of Coaching Glory

Old
02-05-2013, 12:43 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
this is patently false, rh, that green hardly ever moves. in the last game green on the pp worked his way all the way to the left point as ov went down low. green generally tries to stay on his side of the middle to give ov some space.

erskine???? erskine is never so far to the right that he is even at the middle of the zone. he is too slow to get back and cover his side of the ice and he knows it.

i will specifically watch green on the pp tonight to see if he hardly ever moves. i have not been commenting on the gdt as a rule this season, but for you i will point it out to you each time it happens.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Click Here
You know you want to

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Yeah I would so like to see an Ovechkin-Ribiero-Ward line.
i'd like to see rib and ward together, but not with a 3rd wheel as bad as ovechkin. the cycle would go well until 8 touches it.

Click Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksuperhero View Post
i'd like to see rib and ward together, but not with a 3rd wheel as bad as ovechkin. the cycle would go well until 8 touches it.
It's hard for me to take your assessment seriously in the knowledge that you think Brooks Laich should be made captain.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:02 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
Good.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:05 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
this is patently false, rh, that green hardly ever moves. in the last game green on the pp worked his way all the way to the left point as ov went down low. green generally tries to stay on his side of the middle to give ov some space.

erskine???? erskine is never so far to the right that he is even at the middle of the zone. he is too slow to get back and cover his side of the ice and he knows it.

i will specifically watch green on the pp tonight to see if he hardly ever moves. i have not been commenting on the gdt as a rule this season, but for you i will point it out to you each time it happens.
Erskine scored recently and you must have missed what he did. He slid left a step or two, worked a screen / made the goalie move. All laughed but it was a simple play. Yet I rarely seen Green try that. I have seen Carlson do it.

Green has moved around a little more lately. But instead of watching Green's skates and telling me about it, count how many passes of his make it to Ovi.

I predict he will lift his stick and do his fake shot more often than complete a pass into Ovi's wheelhouse. Avatar bet.

I contend if he cannot pass to Ovi, he will not skate into position to do so. He just throws a slow pass to Nick.

Count any pass that makes it to Ovi on the PP. It is far too few.

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:28 PM
txpd

you keep changing what you want my friend. so...now its passing to ov. right?
so...i know. if the pk decides to take that pass away, what then?

Old
02-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Click Here
You know you want to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
It's hard for me to take your assessment seriously in the knowledge that you think Brooks Laich should be made captain.
quite frankly anyone would be a better captain than the current idiot, but your argument against laich is...? its not like the caps have anyone with all the qualities you look for. laich at least has some of them, unlike ovechkin. unless scoring points (once upon a time) is a must-have.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:31 PM
msrulo

Quote:
quite frankly anyone would be a better captain than the current idiot, but your argument against laich is...? its not like the caps have anyone with all the qualities you look for. laich at least has some of them, unlike ovechkin. unless scoring points (once upon a time) is a must-have.
Laich is afraid of criticizing ovi. I think Troy would be a better Captain, he's not afraid to say what it is.

msrulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Laich is all about appearances. He says all the right things and goes out of his way to look like a leader, but he's not one. His priorities are completely ego-driven. He's a great suck-up / public relations manager, but that's about it.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:50 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
you keep changing what you want my friend. so...now its passing to ov. right?
so...i know. if the pk decides to take that pass away, what then?
Do you think I am wrong, and think that Ovi is getting enough touches on the PP?

Nothing is changed. You get Green fake shots, I get passes into 8s wheelhouse.

Our PP is dysfunctional since Ovi rarely even gets the puck, let alone in a place to shoot. Everything for Ovi gets run through Green.

I call bunk that there is no one or no way to pass the puck to Ovi. Green has to do more to make the umbrella work. They take that pass away? move left and then pass.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Laich is all about appearances. He says all the right things and goes out of his way to look like a leader, but he's not one. His priorities are completely ego-driven. He's a great suck-up / public relations manager, but that's about it.
Finally we could have our on-ice leadership mirror the rest of the organization.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Click Here
You know you want to

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrulo View Post
Laich is afraid of criticizing ovi. I think Troy would be a better Captain, he's not afraid to say what it is.
i wouldnt mind brouwer at all. but everyone is afraid of criticizing the former-great one. if you sign with the caps its probably written into your contract that you cant say a single word even bordering on negative about ovi.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:00 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Do you think I am wrong, and think that Ovi is getting enough touches on the PP?

Nothing is changed. You get Green fake shots, I get passes into 8s wheelhouse.

Our PP is dysfunctional since Ovi rarely even gets the puck, let alone in a place to shoot. Everything for Ovi gets run through Green.

I call bunk that there is no one or no way to pass the puck to Ovi. Green has to do more to make the umbrella work. They take that pass away? move left and then pass.
do i think ovechkin is getting enough touches? maybe not. i dont think i would blame that on green. you are singling out green. listening to oates talk about the pp. he says nicky gets the first touch and we go from there. nicky can pass him the puck, right? ov can get the puck from his left as well. ov can chase he puck after shots and create is own touches.

what i know is that ov has two goals. both on the power play. both on passes from mike green. i think you are barking up the wrong tree.

maybe i remember wrong, i thought your thing was that ov needs to be on the right and used to pass the puck and create space for the others? i thought you wanted him down low because out at the point he is wasting all his energy chasing pucks.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:08 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

@Tex

Nicky can pass him the puck, right? We sure haven't seen that much at all.

Ov can get the puck from his left as well. There is no one to Ovi's left. Maybe he can catch a pass on his BH coming around the boards from Ribs. I haven't seen that.

ov can chase he puck after shots and create his own touches. Ovi is rarely even touching the puck, let alone shooting.

what i know is that ov has two goals. both on the power play. both on passes from mike green. i think you are barking up the wrong tree. Maybe, but our PP still sucks.

maybe i remember wrong, i thought your thing was that ov needs to be on the right and used to pass the puck and create space for the others? i thought you wanted him down low because out at the point he is wasting all his energy chasing pucks.I can count passes from Nick to Ovi on one hand. What I wanted was to NOT see Ovi on the point for the full 2 for the entire year. And sure enough he has 2 goals off point duty

Old
02-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Millhaus

Ovechkin isn't getting the puck much on the PP because everyone knows that is what the Caps are trying to do so they take it away and then the Caps just sit there slowly passing it around the other side of the ice.

It isn't any one player's fault but the entire PP unit's for not moving their feet and not moving the puck quicker so the PK has to move and the lanes open up.

My beer league PK could shut the Caps PP down right now...

Millhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:19 PM
msrulo

Quote:
i wouldnt mind brouwer at all. but everyone is afraid of criticizing the former-great one. if you sign with the caps its probably written into your contract that you cant say a single word even bordering on negative about ovi.
http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...ay-right-wing/

msrulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:21 PM
AlexBrovechkin8

Traded in Madden for NHL 13 after the Super Bowl so the season can now officially start. No worries; we got this.

Also, NHL 13 is hard as hell. Awesome, but much harder to score than last year.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:44 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

I think the Caps are shooting themselves in the foot putting Brouwer in the slot. They clearly want to tee him up, or make teams defend that.

But collapsing on Brouwer kills any possible passing lane between Ovi and Nick/Ribs.

It's all up to Green, to figure out how to get pucks to Ovi.

Ovi may need to simply step back. It's a 2 on 1 up high. They need to create a passing lane. It's not rocket science.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
I think the Caps are shooting themselves in the foot putting Brouwer in the slot. They clearly want to tee him up, or make teams defend that.

But collapsing on Brouwer kills any possible passing lane between Ovi and Nick/Ribs.

It's all up to Green, to figure out how to get pucks to Ovi.

Ovi may need to simply step back. It's a 2 on 1 up high. They need to create a passing lane. It's not rocket science.
No it is all up to Oates to get them to move their feet, move the puck quicker, get the PKers moving, and then lots of passing lanes will open up.

If they are just standing around four of us could shut that PP down...

Old
02-05-2013, 02:49 PM
txpd

Quote:
@Tex

Nicky can pass him the puck, right? We sure haven't seen that much at all.

Ov can get the puck from his left as well. There is no one to Ovi's left. Maybe he can catch a pass on his BH coming around the boards from Ribs. I haven't seen that.

ov can chase he puck after shots and create his own touches. Ovi is rarely even touching the puck, let alone shooting.

what i know is that ov has two goals. both on the power play. both on passes from mike green. i think you are barking up the wrong tree. Maybe, but our PP still sucks.

maybe i remember wrong, i thought your thing was that ov needs to be on the right and used to pass the puck and create space for the others? i thought you wanted him down low because out at the point he is wasting all his energy chasing pucks.I can count passes from Nick to Ovi on one hand. What I wanted was to NOT see Ovi on the point for the full 2 for the entire year. And sure enough he has 2 goals off point duty
rh, i think your beef is with oates. backs and green are the primary touchers. i bet you find if you count the touches that ovechkin is 3rd. ovechkin is not getting frozen out on the pp. he's not going without touches. you seem to be forgetting all those touches that he gets were there;s nothing open for him to do with the touch.

teams game plan ovechkin on the pp. he is the first thing they want to take away.
the pp goes thru nicky(iirc this is what you want) and ovechkin is the first trigger man. he doesnt get a touch unless there is a hope for a chance.

the cap play a 1-3-1 umbrella pp. its the oates gonchar bondra pp flipped around for a right shot ov instead of the left shot bondra.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrovechkin8 View Post
Traded in Madden for NHL 13 after the Super Bowl so the season can now officially start. No worries; we got this.

Also, NHL 13 is hard as hell. Awesome, but much harder to score than last year.
BradD averages like 9 goals per game on superstar difficulty. Get on his level bro.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:58 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

BradD can't come round here no mo..

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

U poppin off brah?

Old
02-05-2013, 03:07 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Explains the gnome giveaway. Caps' powerplay is just five figurines standing still.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
BradD averages like 9 goals per game on superstar difficulty. Get on his level bro.
Too funny. I was thinking the same think when I read that post that he needed to contact BradD the master of NHL '13...