HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Proposal for Discussion: Cloutier, Morrison + for Frolov +?

Old
07-03-2006, 08:08 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofCrunk View Post
I know that I and another person on this board can't possibly be the only ones thinking about Naslund right now.
Naslund would garner a larger return than Demitra, much larger in my opinion.

anguscertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 08:10 PM
kingpest19

In the Nucks thread there was a reference to Frolov becoming an alcoholic and being 40lbs overweight. Also that both FLA and SJ balked at any deals involving Frolov. Is any of this actually true or is it just spin trying to make Frolov seem less valuable than he is? Havent we all wanted to Frolov to put on weight?

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 08:10 PM
riseandfall9

to LA: Naslund

to VAN: Frolov and a 3rd round pick

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 08:11 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
In the Nucks thread there was a reference to Frolov becoming an alcoholic and being 40lbs overweight. Also that both FLA and SJ balked at any deals involving Frolov. Is any of this actually true or is it just spin trying to make Frolov seem less valuable than he is? Havent we all wanted to Frolov to put on weight?
I know someone who talked to Pierre McGuire at the draft and he said the same thing. Frolov turned FLA off because of his personal problems.

Old
07-03-2006, 08:12 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofCrunk View Post
I must have missed the part where I said Naslund for Frolov. I mean, am I the only one that doesn't see it?
I was just throwing that comment out randomly, sorry if you thought I meant you in particular.

I think these teams could make interesting trading partners.. Nonis said he has another big move up his sleeve.

Old
07-03-2006, 08:14 PM
riseandfall9

Non of that is true. Frolov doesnt drink and hes never been overweight. He is in LA working out at Health South, he was in the weight room with Pavel and Val Bure, last time I was there about 4 days ago.

Old
07-03-2006, 08:16 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi View Post
I know someone who talked to Pierre McGuire at the draft and he said the same thing. Frolov turned FLA off because of his personal problems.
Thats the thing. What personal problems?Problems with his wife? Problems with the staff in LA? FLA being turned off by Frolov makes no sense considering they got Bertuzzi back who imo has alot more personal problems than Frolov could begin to think about.

Old
07-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
No, that's wouldn't be all that bad.

However, I agree about Labarbera and Garon...a good price for a duo of their calibre (I'm sure Herby will have some sort of barb for this comment).

Ofcourse, if you like having two backup goaltenders, you love the duo.

Although I hate this trade, adding Cloutier would be like adding a 3rd backup goaltender, and he makes a ton of $$ anyways.

Its obvious DL wants to add a #1 goalie, but I'd rather sign Legace or trade for Biron (my real hope)

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 08:20 PM
shaayar78

Send a message via AIM to shaayar78
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
Not a great deal...I really hope DL isn't dumb enough to think that Cloutier is an upgrade over Garon.
Geez, I really hope this is all BS.... Garon, in my opinion, is WAYYY better thatn Cloutier....

shaayar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 08:25 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

i don't think dean would risk the death threats

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 08:26 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Ofcourse, if you like having two backup goaltenders, you love the duo.

Although I hate this trade, adding Cloutier would be like adding a 3rd backup goaltender, and he makes a ton of $$ anyways.

Its obvious DL wants to add a #1 goalie, but I'd rather sign Legace or trade for Biron (my real hope)
Herby how many wins do you realistically expect a #1 goalie to have? On a ****** team with ****** defense he had 31 wins in his first year. Why so much hate for Garon?

Old
07-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
to LA: Naslund

to VAN: Frolov and a 3rd round pick

It's going to take more than that to pry Naslund out of Vancouver.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 08:33 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
It's going to take more than that to pry Naslund out of Vancouver.
Im sure it would I just wanted to ruffle some feathers and get people argueing hahaha

Old
07-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Herby how many wins do you realistically expect a #1 goalie to have? On a ****** team with ****** defense he had 31 wins in his first year. Why so much hate for Garon?
Great, he won 31 games, he also lost 29, and played 63. He was 35th in GAA and 37th in save%. Just like in the 2005 season in Manchester he fell aoart in the second half, when it happens twice in a row maybe its time to realize he just doesn't have the brain to be a #1 goalie.

Funny how that ***** defense was fine until around January, when the goaltenders started to crap the bed everynight.

I think so many of you guys fell in love with this guy because he makes the occasional spectacular save, which I'm not disputing he doesn't, he has great reflexes and had some hightlight reel saves, but far to often he let in crap goals, the type of goals that break a teams backs, the same kind of goals all of us hated Cechmanek and Storr for giving up.

Garon is alot like Storr, all the skills, just missing things on the mental part of it.

p.s. - The Kings were right in the middle for SA in the NHL, at 14th. The Kings gave up less shots then Montreal, Carolina, Nashville and Buffalo just to name a few.

The difference is, those teams had goalies who actually stopped the pucks, so they made the playoffs.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 08:51 PM
riseandfall9

Well spoken Herby

Old
07-03-2006, 08:58 PM
kingpest19

[QUOTE=Herby;5910325]Great, he won 31 games, he also lost 29, and played 63. He was 35th in GAA and 37th in save%. Just like in the 2005 season in Manchester he fell aoart in the second half, when it happens twice in a row maybe its time to realize he just doesn't have the brain to be a #1 goalie.
Funny how that ***** defense was fine until around January, when the goaltenders started to crap the bed everynight.

I think so many of you guys fell in love with this guy because he makes the occasional spectacular save, which I'm not disputing he doesn't, he has great reflexes and had some hightlight reel saves, but far to often he let in crap goals, the type of goals that break a teams backs, the same kind of goals all of us hated Cechmanek and Storr for giving up.

Garon is alot like Storr, all the skills, just missing things on the mental part of it.

p.s. - The Kings were right in the middle for SA in the NHL, at 14th. The Kings gave up less shots then Montreal, Carolina, Nashville and Buffalo just to name a few.

The difference is, those teams had goalies who actually stopped the pucks, so they made the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe he just doesnt have the endurance yet. Kind of hard going from 15 games a year to 60+ with no in between. Endurance and brains are 2 different things.

Yeah he gave up goals Ill agree with that. On the other hand what about the offense that clammed up? Kind of hard to make the playoffs when the people paid to score dont do it.

Old
07-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Osprey

kingspest19, I and others have already gone through this with Herby numerous times. He doesn't budge. It's better to just disregard his shots at Garon, rather than repeatedly hand him the mic.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 09:09 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
kingspest19, I and others have already gone through this with Herby numerous times. He doesn't budge. It's better to just disregard his shots at Garon, rather than repeatedly hand him the mic.
I know same here. I love how Garon is the one to take the blame for everything rather than the whole team taking it. Garon had his good moments along with his bad yet takes all of the blame it seems like.

Old
07-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Non of that is true. Frolov doesnt drink and hes never been overweight. He is in LA working out at Health South, he was in the weight room with Pavel and Val Bure, last time I was there about 4 days ago.
No, no, what you are saying can't be true cause Pierre McGuire, through somebodies friends words, says otherwise.
This deal is bull**** written all over it. The Kings don't need Morrison, and they sure as hell don't need Cloutier. I see Cloutier as one of those over-priced backup goalie's that will either spend the 1st half of the season playing minimal games cause of Loungo, or sitting at home waiting for a trade to happen.

Last edited by Scottkmlps: 07-03-2006 at 09:38 PM.
Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 09:43 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
No, no, what you are saying can't be true cause Pierre McGuire, through somebodies friends words, says otherwise.
This deal is bull**** written all over it. The Kings don't need Morrison, and they sure as hell don't need Cloutier. I see Cloutier as one of those over-priced backup goalie's that will either spend the 1st half of the season playing minimal games cause of Loungo, or sitting at home waiting for a trade to happen.
I took pictures with them....Ask KingOfCrunk i showed him
And I think its stupid too. Morrison and Cloutier are dead weight. I hate Garon and think he sucks but Cloutier is worse, I rather keep Garon. Why would we trade 4 million dollars worth of salary to get 5.3 back....If we are trying to be cap smart and rebuild.

Old
07-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Tadite

Boy thats a terrable trade. We give up a 1st line young LW for mid-level center and a mid-range goalie? Both of whom can't be more then a year away from UFA.

What would be the point of that? Besides undercuting the future of the team?

Got to love these "fan wet dream proposals."

How about this. EB and a 4nd for "random future all-star player."

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Tadite

Quote:

Pavel? Why is he in LA working out?

Thought the guy had retired back to Russia or Miami...

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 09:58 PM
CBGB

Syonara Fro-LOAF

He can't skate, he can't play defense. Adios! I'll take Morrison and Cloutier ANYDAY - When some NHL starting goaltender goes down, we'll have THREE.

Lombardi stockpiles golatenders, remember?

CBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
Syonara Fro-LOAF

He can't skate, he can't play defense. Adios! I'll take Morrison and Cloutier ANYDAY - When some NHL starting goaltender goes down, we'll have THREE.

Lombardi stockpiles golatenders, remember?
Do you actually watch the games or do you sit there and wish you were still Dancing Boy?

Frolov is one of the best, if not the best defensive forwards on the team.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

That is a terrible proposal. If you want to trade Frolov, at least get a playoff-proven goalie out of it. Nabokov is available, and outside of salary, if you don't think he's a better choice than Cloutier....

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote