HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [24-30-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2013, 03:59 AM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
obviously but surely good prospects/solid nhlers have come from crappy AHL teams. As long as our prospects are improving that's all I really care about.

I almost consider this Bulldogs team to be a bit of a rebuild team. Had Geoffrion, Palushaj, Leblanc and Nattinen not been out for long periods of time, they surely wouldn't have been this bad. Next year the whole team will be so much better. Guaranteed.
Interestingly, it's the Bulldogs finishing in last this year due to so many injuries; that kind of failure usually happens to the Habs, but thus far we're injury free.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:42 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Interestingly, it's the Bulldogs finishing in last this year due to so many injuries; that kind of failure usually happens to the Habs, but thus far we're injury free.
knock on wood with fingers crossed. I really think by next year that our depth will be so good it can sustain even an injury ridden season. Kristo, LL, Bournival, Holland will be better. Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis should be ready for call ups. Then after that add Collberg, Hudon, Bozon, Nygren, Thrower, Dietz then 3 2nd rounders and our talented long shots and we have world class depth for at least a few years.

I hate to say it we might be finally locking a spot in that top third of the league that can be contenders year in year out.

Old
02-03-2013, 09:51 AM
TennisMenace

I'm not sure why Blunden is not appreciated more by Hab fans, but when I see him, I see energy and hits and he is not a liability when out there. What goes?

Old
02-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
I'm not sure why Blunden is not appreciated more by Hab fans, but when I see him, I see energy and hits and he is not a liability when out there. What goes?
Plus he can skate pretty well for a guy his size.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:32 AM
bud12

Quote:
don't want to fight and can't fight too

Old
02-03-2013, 11:50 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
Someone tell me how tinordi is doing? I have huge man crush on the guy
He's having a solid season, was paired up with Pateryn last night. He's really good on the PK as well, wish he was a tad more physical but for now he's keeping it steady and safe for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
How's Avtsin doing? Is it safe to say that he's on his way to being a lower-level prospect?
He's currently injured but they said day to day. He's shown improvement off of last season but struggles to get ice time.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:50 AM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
knock on wood with fingers crossed. I really think by next year that our depth will be so good it can sustain even an injury ridden season. Kristo, LL, Bournival, Holland will be better. Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis should be ready for call ups. Then after that add Collberg, Hudon, Bozon, Nygren, Thrower, Dietz then 3 2nd rounders and our talented long shots and we have world class depth for at least a few years.

I hate to say it we might be finally locking a spot in that top third of the league that can be contenders year in year out.
I like you optimism. And I hope you're right. At the beginning of the season, I had high hope for our prospects too.

Next year, LL, Bournival and Holland will be probably better, but they won't turn out from below-average players to excellent players..... not in few months though. Collberg, Hudon, Bozon will be like LL, Bournival, Holland, Quailer of this year.

Based on Jr performance, I think:
Gallagher >> Bozon
Hudon >= Bournival

Anyway, Bozon, Hudon and Vail can't play for Bulldogs next year.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:56 AM
zzoo

During the lockout, I've closely followed the Bulldogs.....and I'm so happy and relieved that NHL is back.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:03 PM
S Bah

The Bulldogs are a rookie team basically and we all hope the teaching methods get the prospects ready for NHL action.The LL situation aside they have at least another year in the AHL,Tinordi has impressed the most and he will get some time next year if he keeps the work ethic going as he's done since going Pro in the AHL.

Old
02-04-2013, 07:18 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

Has there been any word on when/if Blake Geoffrion will be back this season?

I was at the Bulldogs game at the Bell Centre where he got hurt and will be going again of the 22nd...I guess I'll be witnessing another beat-down by Rochester with this pathetic team (young or not).

Old
02-04-2013, 07:49 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Does being part of a winning culture not help? Let alone the experience from an AHL playoff run?
I have no doubt it could help too. But Lefebvre doesn't have the cards in hand to make the 'Dogs a Calder Cup contender. That was the decision of the direction to let the kids carry the load and lead this team, for the best or the worst.

Time will tell if that was a good decision or not. But to me, the most important thing is how the prospects are developing. Which was a HUGE weakness in this organization.

Lefebvre is a rookie Head Coach, and if Bergevin doesn't like his job, he will fire him, I'm not worried.

Old
02-04-2013, 07:51 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
I haven't seen him hit that much in both his time in Hamilton and Montréal. I agree that he's a reliable player defensively and works hard, but he's not the ideal 4th liner to have on your NHL team IMO. He needs to be more physical.

Old
02-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
I haven't seen him hit that much in both his time in Hamilton and Montréal. I agree that he's a reliable player defensively and works hard, but he's not the ideal 4th liner to have on your NHL team IMO. He needs to be more physical.
Every chance he had with the habs last year, he'd hit everyting he could. I believe he averaged around 4 hits a game.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:10 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I like you optimism. And I hope you're right. At the beginning of the season, I had high hope for our prospects too.

Next year, LL, Bournival and Holland will be probably better, but they won't turn out from below-average players to excellent players..... not in few months though. Collberg, Hudon, Bozon will be like LL, Bournival, Holland, Quailer of this year.

Based on Jr performance, I think:
Gallagher >> Bozon
Hudon >= Bournival

Anyway, Bozon, Hudon and Vail can't play for Bulldogs next year.
they don't have to be 'excellent' but I'm confident they'll be solid enough by next year. Our forward prospects on the Dogs now aren't mind blowing but I'm confident enough will turn out to be solid enough for call ups.

I think people are giving up on our Dogs' forward prospects a little too soon. We all know none of them are elite but just because they don't all rip it up as rookies doesn't meant they won't improve. It's all been magnified by the fact there are so many rookies. Not all good players hit it out of the park right off the bat.

Our D depth is and will be fantastic.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Every chance he had with the habs last year, he'd hit everyting he could. I believe he averaged around 4 hits a game.

4 out of 5 hits was him almost going threw the boards and into the crowd cause he would miss the target. The NHL game is too fast for him and his fighting skills are worse then Alexei Semin's. He's good in Hamilton, leave him there..

Old
02-04-2013, 11:56 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
I've tried to search to confirm/infirm that but I couldn't find the hitting stats on NHL.com. I'm pretty certain he did not average 4 hits a game. He barely hits, that's not his game.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:08 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
I've tried to search to confirm/infirm that but I couldn't find the hitting stats on NHL.com. I'm pretty certain he did not average 4 hits a game. He barely hits, that's not his game.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...tssPlayerStats

104 / 39 = 2.67

Old
02-05-2013, 12:20 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Thanks bud, always on cue.

Didn't think he was hitting that much. Still, personally I expect more out of a big body that can skate like that. He could have laid massive hits last year on a few times but he somehow wouldn't.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Tim Wallach

I remember Blunden well from the OHL when he was over-hyped but never impressed me.

He seems like a classic case of a guy where the whole is less than the sum of its parts. For NHL impact, it's always much better to seek out guys where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. The guys who always accomplish more than you think they could based on what their individual assets are. I'd throw Desharnais into that group.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:00 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:

Didn't think he was hitting that much. Still, personally I expect more out of a big body that can skate like that. He could have laid massive hits last year on a few times but he somehow wouldn't.
Well, he did quite a few times, iirc. One of those massive, clean hits led to him getting expelled from the match. So there you are.

Not a huge blunden fan, fwiw.

Old
02-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post

4 out of 5 hits was him almost going threw the boards and into the crowd cause he would miss the target. The NHL game is too fast for him and his fighting skills are worse then Alexei Semin's. He's good in Hamilton, leave him there..
No one is worse than Semin. He's not a great fighter, but he's not that bad.

Quote:

On the weekend CBC was going on and on about Karlsson and how he never gets hit. He got drilled, here.

The hit Overlords is referring to is this one:

Wouldn't be the worst thing if Blunden was on the team in the bottom 6 due to injuries.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:22 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
No one is worse than Semin. He's not a great fighter, but he's not that bad.

On the weekend CBC was going on and on about Karlsson and how he never gets hit. He got drilled, here.

The hit Overlords is referring to is this one:

Wouldn't be the worst thing if Blunden was on the team in the bottom 6 due to injuries.
Definitely not. Don't get me wrong. But I'd take Dumont on the team before him. Dumont can change the momentum of a game, something I've never seen Blunden do personally.

I'm not against keeping him around as a 13th/14th forward, I'd rather see him miss games than Dumont or Leblanc. He's the ideal type of guy you want in those situations. I think we have better options right now in the NHL, hence why I'm not surprised he was sent in the AHL.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:27 AM
TroyM

I've missed the last few Dogs games, I know the players in the line up last game were as follows;

Chaput-Bournival-Dumont
Leblanc-Holland-Quailer
Blunden-Tenute-Leveille
Stortini-Fortier-Murovich

Beaulieu-St.Denis
Tinordi-Pateryn
Ellis-DeSantis

But does anybody know the actual combinations used? I'm wondering how they've changed with the recent injuries/come backs/call ups/yadda yaddas. Thanks if anyone knows/remembers!

Old
02-06-2013, 10:01 AM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
I've missed the last few Dogs games, I know the players in the line up last game were as follows;

Chaput-Bournival-Dumont
Leblanc-Holland-Quailer
Blunden-Tenute-Leveille
Stortini-Fortier-Murovich
What's going on with Quailer, 0 pt in the last 10 games, and 1 assist in the last 21 games ? Any idea ?
And Bournival, 2 pts in 16 games ? And Holland too ?
Que pasa ?

Old
02-06-2013, 10:11 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
What's going on with Quailer, 0 pt in the last 10 games, and 1 assist in the last 21 games ? Any idea ?
And Bournival, 2 pts in 16 games ? And Holland too ?
Que pasa ?
****** team.

Closed Thread