HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dave Stubbs calls PJ Stock a "sensational[ist], irresponsible" liar for PK comments

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 02:36 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Listen I agree that Stock is false/lying and that Stubbs has better connections with the team (and especially Spacek, it seems). I also agree that Stubbs takes the "human interest" approach to everything he writes. And I also agree that he wouldn't start stuff with Stock if he wasn't sure of the reality in the lockerroom.

That doesn't mean that Stubbs is good at his job or that I care about the crap pieces he flushes out. It doesn't mean that Stubbs is a worthwhile journalist who reports the TRUTH instead of hiding behind the veil of "off-the-record" and alluding to a million things - that's just cowardice. That's him protecting his sorry 65k a year job and stay in the good graces of the Habs, brown-nosing the likes of Spacek and Darche for a minor scoop here and there.

Look at his sorry piece on Subban last week before PK signed. There was nothing of value there and he went out of his way to protect the organization and PK simultaneously. Why are you even reporting at this rate - to protect PK Subban? Is that his job? Is he the Dark Knight?

Don't know, but the possibility exists that he was taking a principled stand for something he believes in. sounds crazy but maybe

Old
02-05-2013, 02:44 PM
shutehinside

He just mad :

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=627

2000/12/07 Montreal Canadiens traded P.J. Stock and a 6th round selection (Dennis Seidenberg) in 2001 to the Philadelphia Flyers for Gino Odjick.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Bieber fever

Subban is the hero the habs deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
On the Puck Daddy podcast, Jeff Marek mentioned that the first major purchase PK made after signing his contract was a house. For his parents. The guy's got a good head on his shoulders. Can you even imagine the ensuing ****storm if he was ever arrested for a DUI like Pavelec? And don't even get me started on all the ridiculous Price rumours from a few years ago.
Subban is probably one of the most misunderstood player in the NHL (along with most Euros)...

Hockey is not a sport where personality is appreciated...you either have to conform, or they'll try to pick apart your character.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
So Jerk store is PJ Stock...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Jerk Store is in every Subban/Habs thread. He has an obvious hate for Subban and anything Habs related.
Well he's clearly NOT a Habs fan, so I don't understand why he gets such a long leash to **** with us. Then again that moron pj stock has a job analyzing hockey - who says anything has to make sense....

Old
02-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Megaforce

I just don't think it matters just one bit whether the players like or dislike one another. Lots of championship teams had all sorts of internal divisions. I want PK on the team because he's fun to watch and a good player. Guys like Gorges and Bullion a lot less so.

In a 30 team league I acknowledge that there's a good chance we won't see another Stanley Cup here in our lifetimes, so I'm okay with just being entertained and winning most games.

I don't find PJ Stock entertaining, he's a big downer, always trying to get a jab in at the Canadiens, so I'd like to see him axed. It's weird cuz he's from Montreal too and was given his opening in sports media here as well.

Here's my rankings of Habs journalists from best to worst. 1-Mike Farber 2-Mitchell Melnik 3-Don Cherry 4-Tony Marino 5- PJ Stock. Uh, that's all I can think of.

I dislike Marinaro because he went on way too much about Cammalleri being better than Bourque, something that shows some ethnic bias. Plus the soccer thing.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:58 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
Subban is the hero the habs deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector.
Oh man.. that is so beautiful. You should write movies, or something

Old
02-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Bob Cole

PJ who?

Old
02-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Uber Coca

It wouldn't be the first time a sports journalist/commentator creates gibberish only to be controversial. Heck, you just have to look a while back to see Filosa report non-sense.

I got no more faith in them because they're not accountable. And people having opinions on Subban because of this kind of gibberish are guilty of spreading it.

Old
02-05-2013, 03:07 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Stock is just trying to stir **** up and create distraction before the Habs go up against the Ruins. He knows the Habs are legit and that pisses him off more than anything.
PJ Stock, along with several on these boards need to be taken with a grain of salt...people have opinions, so be it....

If PK was a Bruin or a Leaf, PJ would be singing a different tune...nuff said...

Old
02-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Kid Dynomite

P.J. Stock was an idiot long before his P.K. "news" was first spewed.

The only thing Dave Stubbs is guilty of is wasting ink to condemn P.J.'s so-called "news."

The reason Hockey Night in Toronto has become the joke that it is is because they use "analysts" like P.J. Stink.

Old
02-05-2013, 03:21 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Dynomite View Post
P.J. Stock was an idiot long before his P.K. "news" was first spewed.

The only thing Dave Stubbs is guilty of is wasting ink to condemn P.J.'s so-called "news."

The reason Hockey Night in Toronto has become the joke that it is is because they use "analysts" like P.J. Schlock.
Fixed for you

Old
02-05-2013, 03:29 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

read half the thread, bottom line for me is PK is gonna play and earn that respect with his mouth shut. guy comes back from a nice off season having fun on tv and training, enjoying things...bam 2 points in 2 games business as usual and playing like he was there since game 1.

the only smoke is from PK putting out the hot embers that were being blown on by the media.

also, can't we all just get on twitter and call PJ out for being the **** for brains hack rodent face that he is?

Old
02-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Out East

Personally I think the CBC is trying to find a replacement for Don Cherry who isn't going to live forever. Milbury was the first attempt and it failed. PJ is the next attempt and it is a bigger fail. Cherry is blunt, and has opinions that are extreme but at the same time he has a softy almost classy side.

Going to be a very tough act to replace...

Old
02-05-2013, 03:31 PM
coolasprICE

some of you need to get a soul

Old
02-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
some of you need to get real.

Old
02-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
How's the search for a new team to root for going?

Old
02-05-2013, 03:40 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Yhea, CAP, it's the time of the year to go groveling on the Bruins' board for them to beat us. Gogogo!!

Old
02-05-2013, 03:48 PM
TheBabysitter*

PJ is a ****** and I can always tell how much Kevin Weekes hates his ass.

Old
02-05-2013, 03:59 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Bottom line; There's just way too much talk and drama about PK, both in the media in among this fanbase. Let the kid learn, play, and go from there. You'd expect this city to have learned from the failures of the past...

Guys like Stubbs in that case are as guilty as Stock. Let the stories die, let PK play, let the Habs benefit. Is it that complicated?

Old
02-05-2013, 04:02 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
some of you need to get real.
thought i was on your ignore list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
No need, I accomplished what I was looking for last year (top 3 pick).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Yhea, CAP, it's the time of the year to go groveling on the Bruins' board for them to beat us. Gogogo!!
I will so long as every time Galchenyuk scores a goal you kiss my avatar.

I'll start cheering for ''name the opposition'' if we start showing signs of being a marginal team again just so my special powers can bury us low enough to get a top 5 pick once again.

God damn, for every Galchenyuk jersey sold Molson should be giving me a dollar.

Old
02-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Truth is nobody knows who's right or wrong. I agree with Stock that Stubbs is a big homer. I've been of the opinion that Subban is a bit of a cancer in the room for quite some time, based on some things I've seen and other things that have been said. Usually, where there's smoke, there's fire.
Sloppy words, execrable thinking. There's no such thing as "a bit of a cancer." Your opinion is based on some things you've seen and some things you've heard. Do you expect any one to think, "Oh, it must be true if Jerk Store thinks so."

For the sake of argument, let's assume that you're guilty of no more than exaggeration. I imagine that once Bergevin became GM he would have heard those "things." If they were as serious as you intimate, he would have considered trading Subban because the return from several other teams would have been substantial.

What's my opinion of Subban based on what I've heard? That he can be obnoxious and greedy? He wouldn't be the only NHL player called that. His willingness to remain with the Habs at a salary far to the south of Doughty's suggests that his relations with his teammates aren't as dreadful as those of Grabovski, for example. If he's involved in an off-ice scandal it can't be of the same magnitude as José Théodore's family's affairs or whatever Mike Ribeiro did to make him toxic to Bob Gainey.

So please back off unless you provide facts. Your credibility right now reminds me of a stain that remains in a toilet bowl even after flushing.

Old
02-05-2013, 04:09 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
I will so long as every time Galchenyuk scores a goal you kiss my avatar.

I'll start cheering for ''name the opposition'' if we start showing signs of being a marginal team again just so my special powers can bury us low enough to get a top 5 pick once again.

God damn, for every Galchenyuk jersey sold Molson should be giving me a dollar.
If I remember right, we beated the Bruins soundly in the back to back games following your shameful performance.

Old
02-05-2013, 04:09 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Yay. Habs fans love Subban again

Old
02-05-2013, 04:24 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
If I remember right, we beated the Bruins soundly in the back to back games following your shameful performance.
I was pro-tank the entire season and we won 2 of 6 games against them.

Molson cleaned house and put a new management in place.

One has to be a total tool to have preferred the status quo 6 game playoff exit over Galchenyuk and getting new management to rebuild for a better future.

Closed Thread