HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

That's it

Old
07-02-2006, 10:49 AM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn View Post
He left the Kings because he was traded
what would you have done, keep a guy that won't resign and let him walk

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Kingz4ever

This was a really bad signing by dean. didn't he say we're going to rebuild and get younger? Should of used some of that money to lock up corvo who's in his prime, not 36. Why do I have a feeling this going to be like the JR signing? Lets just hope blakey is a better dancer.

Kingz4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4ever View Post
This was a really bad signing by dean. didn't he say we're going to rebuild and get younger? Should of used some of that money to lock up corvo who's in his prime, not 36. Why do I have a feeling this going to be like the JR signing? Lets just hope blakey is a better dancer.
Maybe because Blake isn't an out-of-shape wanna-be C list celebrity? Some of you are REALLY shortsighted and can't look beyond his age. But I guess most people on HF are like that. "Over 30 years old, BAD. Under 28, GOOD!"

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 01:50 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Maybe because Blake isn't an out-of-shape wanna-be C list celebrity? Some of you are REALLY shortsighted and can't look beyond his age. But I guess most people on HF are like that. "Over 30 years old, BAD. Under 28, GOOD!"
I agree.

Blake played 81 games last year not counting the playoffs. No one on the current Kings roster played that many games last year.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 01:54 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4ever View Post
If this is Corvo's prime, I really wouldn't have wanted him locked up.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:01 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
The Kings are re-building with 35 and 36 year old players, awesome.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:18 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
The Kings are re-building with 35 and 36 year old players, awesome.
When did DL ever say we we're rebuilding?

And even if we are you still need some vets around. You can't fill all the roster spot with kids.

We've signed two effective veteran players to Short Term contracts. Big deal. Get over it.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 04:58 PM
not tellin*

Don't like the trade. As said before, I think we overpaid for a guy past his prime and I'm still bitter about how he left. I will say that I will boo this man until he shows some semblance of taking this team to another level. If he's out there making big checks, scoring game winners, changing the pace of the game, and leading us to the playoffs then that's when my perception of him will change. I'll give him one year and if he changes my mind then great. If Dean proves he has the ability to lead this team with the right moves then I will have more faith in him. If Blake comes out and bombs then he will get the perception he deserves as well as Dean. I expect the people getting paid to do their job are doing it to their fullest extent. That's how fans work. That's how it works for everyone on the team, the more you get paid the better you should be the more fans expect something from you.

not tellin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 06:27 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
p.s. Loyalty is a two-way street. I'll show it to those who give me the same consideration, whether it be player or organization.
if the kings organization is ok with what has happened, then why should it still matter to you?

07-02-2006, 06:35 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofCrunk View Post
Every rebuilding team brings in veterans. Why do you think Nieuwendyk and Roberts were brought to the Panthers? Ricci was brought to the Coyotes.

It has to be done.
I agree with the sentiment, but, for the record, Nieuwendyk and Roberts were brought to Florida to get them to the playoffs.

However, back to the Kings, the organization is too well stocked in prospects to be able to start from scratch. A more youth-oriented approach is the order of the day, but for a team in LA's situation, that means being relatively competitive. No need to forsake everyone over 30, they just have to bring in the right veterans; more specifically, they need veterans with leadership/character in combison with talent, and vets who won't usurp too much playing time from the youthful core.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 04:24 PM
took420s

I booed Blake but I boo almost any player that leaves the Kings (except #99 and #20)

Hey he looked great the 2nd half of the year and is only here for 2 years (unless we dump him at the deadline if we are out of the playoffs for some more good prospects).

If I wasn't moving out of state I would cheer him coming back on opening night

took420s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Fat Elvis

I'm not sure the booing bothered him much. 3 years ago during the frozen fury game in Vegas we bumped into him at MGM walking around. I gave him a boo and he smiled and shook hands. He said he loved playing in LA and yada yada. We asked if he'd come back "home" after his contract was up, and he said with a grin " you never know?". Cool guy, hope he can still play. IF not, well what would be different than the last 4 years?

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

F' that guy. With that said, welcome back Blake. You better produce.

Dave in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Haik

I'll feel the same way if DL traded Frolov for someone like Morrison

As for Blake... I really don't mind. It's not like we're in cap trouble and plus F AEG let em dish out some cash. Oh and it's good to have defensman who can log 30 minutes a night in all situations.

Haik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Shootmaster_44

Honestly I think signing Blake was a good idea. The guy still has a couple good years left, he's one of the better D-men in the game and he's a classic King. I figure this is another Luc Robitaille type signing, Blake is back in LA for a last ditch run for a Cup with the Kings. Once his deal is up in two years, he will retire as a King.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 09:22 PM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
All that matters is what happens on the ice. Welcome back to the Kings Rob Blake!!!!!!!!

kingbrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 09:37 PM
took420s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
Honestly I think signing Blake was a good idea. The guy still has a couple good years left, he's one of the better D-men in the game and he's a classic King. I figure this is another Luc Robitaille type signing, Blake is back in LA for a last ditch run for a Cup with the Kings. Once his deal is up in two years, he will retire as a King.
Exactly, if he plays the way I think he can he will retire a great King.

Last edited by took420s: 07-03-2006 at 11:29 PM.
took420s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Bob A Booey

I for one always loved Rob Blake! Welcome back my man! Now...lets see some shots from the point and I for one am dying to see some good hip checks!

Bob A Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:53 PM
multiball

Send a message via AIM to multiball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
F' that guy. With that said, welcome back Blake. You better produce.
Perfectly stated, Dave!

I've been on the "F that guy" train for a while, but am actually going to welcome him and his admitedly undeniable skills to my favorite hockey club. I questioned his leadership and character a few days ago and I don't step away from that. I will welcome our new insect overlords, er, make that Rob Blake and HOPE that he shows up in all aspects.

I consider myself a passionate Kings fan. So, if he brings a complete game, stays healthy, and is a good leader - I'll cheer him as he should be cheered.

If he shows himself to be a brittle past-his-prime homer who just got overpaid to play near the Manhattan Beach house that he never gave up - well, then I'll ride him out of town and boo him loudly - out of respect of course.

multiball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 12:40 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

I think Blake's play will surprise a lot of you this season. And I mean that in a good way.

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 01:11 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

trudat - but who at the beginning of the season knew JR would have the season that he had???

Haha nobody saw this coming!
(well we had hindsight because he hadn't played hardly any puck during the off-season....)

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote