Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
not to create a pilling on penalty to hockey but I was talking to a guy from Toronto and in the GTA the operating budgets for the AAA teams for 11 and 12 year olds is north of $120,000 a year. Full time coach's.............I'll say it again full time coach's for fricken 11 and 12 year old hockey teams. Tons of politics in play on this to as some teams are privately funded: translation rich dad strokes a check for $70 or $80 K so his kid can make the team.

Messier was talking about this on H & L last year and described this out of control trend and used the term "the professionalization of kids sports". At the end of the day it is what it is but he believes kids are better off “in theory” playing multi sports although that may no longer be practical

my boy just started skating lessons this January and I love the innocence of watching a little boy learn such a great game for the 1st time. Hopefully he enjoys the sport and one day can play rec hockey with his buddies
Through all levels of hockey this is the most fun I've ever had playing the game. I have some friends who rent Highlander ice late at night every so often. All we wear is gloves and helmets, its like an indoor game of shinny. We have all different skill levels out there from beginner to junior. It is the best time I've had on the ice since I was a teen .

02-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Can someone point me in the right direction to find a player's TOI throughout their entire career, spanning junior and the pro leagues?

Old
02-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

vCash: 500
Highly recommend the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Just got it yesterday and love it, the screen size is just ridiculously big.

Old
02-05-2013, 03:31 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashers94 View Post

Not interested in the note, but I'm all for the S3 or its next iteration when my contract is up.

Old
02-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
They are pretty sweet but they only plan on supporting them for this year and next.
I saw that caveat as well. And then what, nothing? Just a $200 paperweight?

Old
02-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Huffer

Quote:

How do you carry it around, on your belt? I'm assuming it won't fit in your pocket?

Did it come with the new OS (Key Lime Pie?)?

Old
02-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
How do you carry it around, on your belt? I'm assuming it won't fit in your pocket?

Fits just fine in my jeans pocket. Bought a otterbox off amazon last night that comes with a belt clip so I might just use that.

Not really sure what it runs on. Still learning about it as I use it.

Old
02-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Fits just fine in my jeans pocket. Bought a otterbox off amazon last night that comes with a belt clip so I might just use that.

Not really sure what it runs on. Still learning about it as I use it.
Not gonna lie, the screens look beautiful. I haven't been jumping on new phones, but I am waiting to see what the S4 looks like.

Old
02-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

Yeah I'm really not into learning about the newest and best cellphones out there myself. My Captivate Glide was acting up for about 2 months now and finally died over the weekend. Cellphones seem to have a 2 year lifespan unfortunately.

Old
02-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I've seen the samsung, not my cup of tea.

Currently have the 4s, but will be switching to the Blackberry Z10 in the near future.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I've seen the samsung, not my cup of tea.

Currently have the 4s, but will be switching to the Blackberry Z10 in the near future.
I went from a Blackberry Bold (forget the model) 4 years ago, then went to the Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate 2 years ago, love it and the awesome screen and display. Then last winter I picked up the Blackberry Bold 9900 and absolutely love it. I'll likely try one of the new blackberries next as well. I personally really enjoy Blackberry for business and what not, while I enjoy the Samsung Galaxy model for more kicking back, surfing the net, etc.

02-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Have you guys seen the banned Skittles commercial?

Can't post here because it surely crosses the line. Just search it on Youtube, and make sure you aren't at work or little ones are around

Old
02-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I love my Galaxy Nexus and wouldn't trade it for anything... except maybe a Nexus 4.

$360 for a beastly phone and no contract? Awesome. My phone can run Gamecenter smoother than my new computer.

02-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Can't post here because it surely crosses the line. Just search it on Youtube, and make sure you aren't at work or little ones are around
Saw it today on facebook, didn't watch it though. Now I must go watch it.

Stay tuned.

Holy ****, did not expect that. .. Was that an actual commercial put out by Skittles or just some made up commercial? Couldn't imagine Skittles putting something like that out there.

Old
02-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Saw it today on facebook, didn't watch it though. Now I must go watch it.

Stay tuned.

Holy ****, did not expect that. .. Was that an actual commercial put out by Skittles or just some made up commercial? Couldn't imagine Skittles putting something like that out there.
Honestly man it shocked me as well. There is no 'official' Skittles channel showing it, but if they didn't want this showing, they would have had Youtube take it down by now. They have always been somewhat edgy, and this is on the very edge. The bride face shot is friggin hilarious.

Genius marketing IMHO.

Old
02-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I love my Galaxy Nexus and wouldn't trade it for anything... except maybe a Nexus 4.

$360 for a beastly phone and no contract? Awesome. My phone can run Gamecenter smoother than my new computer.
Haha its so true! I was so upset when I had Windows 8 on this laptop. I couldn't watch video, so I would just pop on to my Galaxy and watch it in beautiful smooth HD. Netflix is amazing on it.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:45 PM
buggs

vCash: 128
Quote:

Old
02-05-2013, 11:51 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Honestly man it shocked me as well. There is no 'official' Skittles channel showing it, but if they didn't want this showing, they would have had Youtube take it down by now. They have always been somewhat edgy, and this is on the very edge. The bride face shot is friggin hilarious.

Genius marketing IMHO.
Agree, great job of viral marketing. I doubt they had any intention of having it air, and instead wanted it to go viral on Youtube. 13M views between the two top hits!

I bet you more companies will be doing risque commercials like that. Really, I'm sure whatever backlash they received is hugely outweighed by people who thought it was funny and creative.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:19 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:

The one with the newlyweds? That is a fake commercial.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:02 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
National Signing Day!!! Favourite day of the year

Old
02-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post

I was shopping for a new phone yesterday and saw the Note. It is amazing but quite big, not fit in your pocket big. It almost reminds me of a small tablet.

Think I have settled on the Samsung Galaxy. I have the Iphone 4g and man it kills my eyes trying to read hf forums on it....tried my friends Galaxy and the small size difference makes it much easier to read without having to turn my phone to landscape or zoom all the time. My GF has the iphone 5 but after trying both models the Galaxy seems much nicer and more vibrant.

Last edited by Ziggy66: 02-06-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old
02-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
I was shopping for a new phone yesterday and saw the Note. It is amazing but quite big, not fit in your pocket big. It almost reminds me of a small tablet.

Think I have settled on the Samsung Galaxy. I have the Iphone 4g and man it kills my eyes trying to read hf forums on it....tried my friends Galaxy and the small size difference makes it much easier to read without having to turn my phone to landscape or zoom all the time. My GF has the iphone 5 but after trying both models the Galaxy seems much nicer and more vibrant.
Also much more customizable. If you want to use Nicholas Cage's head for all your app icons you can do it lol.

I switched away from BlackBerry because they always seem so far behind. Their app store was terrible and the phones were kinda bad. Finally they're releasing a phone that might be able to compete, but they're still years behind.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Also much more customizable. If you want to use Nicholas Cage's head for all your app icons you can do it lol.

I switched away from BlackBerry because they always seem so far behind. Their app store was terrible and the phones were kinda bad. Finally they're releasing a phone that might be able to compete, but they're still years behind.

Or I could do all my app icons in Olli's many famous faces and use a sweet cage rant for ring tones and alerts

I was a BB user as well but the Storm 1 left a really bad taste in my mouth and I am not sold that the new one will sway me.

Old
02-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Quote:
Here's a useless yet "fun" fact: Nicholas and I share the same birthday

Old
02-07-2013, 09:42 AM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

My data package runs from the 28th to the 28th each month. Last Jets game I decided to watch it on my phone through gamecenter. Well I forgot to turn wireless on and I chewed through my 2gb data without realizing it till the 2nd intermission when checking my text msg's. Got a few notifying me of the extra data charges I'll be recieving. Now what am I going to do when screwing the dog at work till the 28th? Lol

Closed Thread