HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor and Proposals Thread Vol. 2: It's not how big you are...

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 05:28 PM
jsho

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockyluv21 View Post
Wait a minute, I had no idea he was a PPG this year. Never mind, I don't follow the Oilers very much, haha.
Tambellini? Is that you? You've been outted.

Old
02-05-2013, 05:38 PM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by devils4cup View Post
What about Ryan White from Montreal as addition at centre

6'0 193 lbs.

One pesky little bugger.

61% in the dot this season so far. Healthy Scratch last two games as he's in Therrien's dog house.
other than the fact he is a dild i would take him, he is a big body and a bit of a scrub offensivly

Old
02-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Horseradish

I think Derek Zona from Copper and Blue has the most intriguing proposal I've seen.

Trading with Buffalo for Luke Adam and Andrej Sekera.

Gives them a beefy kid who can play bottom 6 centre or winger and has been a decent 2-way player, but also has the potential to grow into a top-6 role as a winger or centre. Fills two needs in the meantime, and he's currently in Rochester, so Buffalo's not exactly thrilled with his development.

Sekera is part of a pretty deep blueline, but also a pretty expensive one, and he's playing bottom pairing minutes after a few years in top-4 minutes.

If Buffalo could get a guy like MPS, a decent pick/prospect, and a cheaper, young, bottom-pairing d-man, I think they'd pull the trigger.

Something like MPS, Potter/Peckham, and Fedun for those guys. I dunno.

Old
02-05-2013, 05:47 PM
McClelland

vCash: 50
What about continue the Hall c experiment!

Paajarvi Hall Ebs

Yakupov Rnh Hemsky

Smyth Gags hartikainen(off wing)

Eager Lander Petrell

Very small sample but Hall is 80% on the dot(4-1 ) and paajarvi has the speed!

Or we move up Gags with hall and ebs and let hall take the important FO .
Gags is 37.5% at FO so that hasnt improve.(he was 20% last night)
Rnh is 41.9% but its his 2 season and hes up against the best ones.

It costs us games! We losing momentum in lost Face offs , and coming in puck possesion the hard way costs energy and is mentally frustating.

Old
02-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Soundwave

I like trying for Tim Connolly. Why not I suppose.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I like trying for Tim Connolly. Why not I suppose.
I tossed out that name yesterday, considering unlike everyone else mentioned, he can play a top 9 role and not look out of place.

Maybe ask Nonis to put him back on waviers or send a 7th Toronto's way. It'd be nice to have someone with offencive talent and creativity able to take a draw

Old
02-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
I think Derek Zona from Copper and Blue has the most intriguing proposal I've seen.

Trading with Buffalo for Luke Adam and Andrej Sekera.

Gives them a beefy kid who can play bottom 6 centre or winger and has been a decent 2-way player, but also has the potential to grow into a top-6 role as a winger or centre. Fills two needs in the meantime, and he's currently in Rochester, so Buffalo's not exactly thrilled with his development.

Sekera is part of a pretty deep blueline, but also a pretty expensive one, and he's playing bottom pairing minutes after a few years in top-4 minutes.

If Buffalo could get a guy like MPS, a decent pick/prospect, and a cheaper, young, bottom-pairing d-man, I think they'd pull the trigger.

Something like MPS, Potter/Peckham, and Fedun for those guys. I dunno.
I would consider this. Not huge on trading PRV, but our center depth is terrible.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:03 PM
misfit

That deal would be more about Sekera than the center coming back. Don't get me wrong, I like Sekera a lot and would definitely try to get him, but not at the expense of Paajarvi. Luke Adam kind of reminds me a little of Marc Pouliot. Big and strong with good hands, but not overly physical or the greatest skater. Both were good juniors and great AHLers, and both struggled in the NHL (injury played a part in both cases). I'd just as soon try to bring Pouliot over from whatever European country he's playing hockey in than trade a valuable piece like Paajarvi for Luke Adam. Pouliot may be a bad example, but the point is, there are players who can improve the team's center depth that wouldn't cost you a roster player.

02-05-2013, 06:36 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
What about continue the Hall c experiment!

Paajarvi Hall Ebs

Yakupov Rnh Hemsky

Smyth Gags hartikainen(off wing)

Eager Lander Petrell

Very small sample but Hall is 80% on the dot(4-1 ) and paajarvi has the speed!

Or we move up Gags with hall and ebs and let hall take the important FO .
Gags is 37.5% at FO so that hasnt improve.(he was 20% last night)
Rnh is 41.9% but its his 2 season and hes up against the best ones.

It costs us games! We losing momentum in lost Face offs , and coming in puck possesion the hard way costs energy and is mentally frustating.
That never got off the ground. If the Oilers were serious about that, they would have done that down in OKC. We need to accept that Hall's future is at LW.

Old
02-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
I tossed out that name yesterday, considering unlike everyone else mentioned, he can play a top 9 role and not look out of place.

Maybe ask Nonis to put him back on waviers or send a 7th Toronto's way. It'd be nice to have someone with offencive talent and creativity able to take a draw
I don't really get it either. If we can get him for cheap, surely he's a better option than Arcobello (no offense to the kid).

He was about 49% on the dot last year, which at this point, I'll take. It also lets us space out our offense a bit more.

Hall Gagner Eberle
Hartikanen RNH Yakupov
Smyth Connolly Hemsky
MPS Lander Petrell

Old
02-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Petro Points

Proposal:

To EDM: J.Blum + P.Gaustad
To NSH: R.Whitney + Omark + Prospect\pick

4 guys that have no room in their current squads and all can use a change in scenry ..

Gaustad is overpaid and signed for 3 more years but is 6'4" and well over 50% on the dot( 57% last year and 57% so far this year). Would be a welcome addition esp with injury sitation.

Blum has no hope of cracking a RD spot in NSH with Weber\Klein and Eliis there.. He is a good puck mover who would be an instant upgrade over Potter as our 3rd pairing RD.
He has played with Fistric back in Jr as well..

Whitney would actually be an upgrade over H.Gill and could use a change of scenery..
If Omark has a NHL career ahead of himself.. NSH might be the only place where he can make his mark.. NSH management might take a chance on him.

Last edited by Petro Points: 02-05-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old
02-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

Don't mind that proposal

But it's pretty easy to like given it's just spare parts for spare parts.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:21 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
Don't mind that proposal

But it's pretty easy to like given it's just spare parts for spare parts.
helps both clubs .. low risk high reward

Old
02-05-2013, 09:26 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

With Belanger back is about a week, do we really need to make a trade? Are we going to be able to bring in someone who can step in and play a big enough role to justify what it would take to acquire them? I'm not so sure we can.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Proposal:

To EDM: J.Blum + P.Gaustad
To NSH: R.Whitney + Omark + Prospect\pick

4 guys that have no room in their current squads and all can use a change in scenry ..

Gaustad is overpaid and signed for 3 more years but is 6'4" and well over 50% on the dot( 57% last year and 57% so far this year). Would be a welcome addition esp with injury sitation.

Blum has no hope of cracking a RD spot in NSH with Weber\Klein and Eliis there.. He is a good puck mover who would be an instant upgrade over Potter as our 3rd pairing RD.
He has played with Fistric back in Jr as well..

Whitney would actually be an upgrade over H.Gill and could use a change of scenery..
If Omark has a NHL career ahead of himself.. NSH might be the only place where he can make his mark.. NSH management might take a chance on him.
there is no way that nsh does that deal...garbage players for decent role players

If that "prospect" were MPS instead of Omark, then they would talk. I could see Nashville being interested in a guy like Hemsky.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ryan View Post
there is no way that nsh does that deal...garbage players for decent role players

If that "prospect" were MPS instead of Omark, then they would talk. I could see Nashville being interested in a guy like Hemsky.
imagine Belanger making twice as much and signed for 3 more years... That is what NSH fans feel about Gaustad esp with N.Spalling coming up and Fisher and Legwand already there. They arent very high on Blum either.. Teubert being a comparable.

Paajarvi is worth more than Gaustad and Blum. Just because he has been playing on the 4th line does not mean he isnt playing good. The guy gets the short end of the straw because he is not waivers eligible.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:00 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
I think the Canes may be interested in Sam Gagner as a 3rd line centerman. Would a trade centered around Gagner for a defenseman like Jamie McBain satisfy the needs for both teams?

The trade I was thinking of:

To Oilers:

D Jamie McBain (2 Years/$1.8M remaining, then RFA)
4th Round Pick 2013

To Canes:

C Sam Gagner (RFA next year)
D Mark Fistric (expiring contract)
Since when has McBain been worth so much. I am one that hopes that we resign Fistric. He is only a bottom pairing dman but is the perfect bottom pairing dman. Gagner alone is worth more than McBain, then what do we do for a centreman with so many centremen injured.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:04 PM
rockinghockey

Do you guys think that Hemsky and Gagner's value has gone up since the season has started? If so what do you think they are worth now?

Old
02-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Fuhryous

Seeing how Washington is struggling, I wonder if they would be looking to shake things up if things don't get better for them soon. Matt Hendricks is listed as a centre on NHL.com, but was playing wing on the 4th line for the Capitals last night. He's only taken 53 draws so far this year, but he is at a whopping 67%.

Plus, he's not afraid to drop the mitts with just about anyone or lay a huge hit.

Taking on Konopka:

Just a thought...not sure what'd it take to try and get him, if he's worth pursuing.

*edit: checked his salary and he's making $825K, then is a UFA after this season; Cap Geek lists him as LW.

Last edited by Fuhryous: 02-05-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old
02-05-2013, 10:24 PM
scid14

This thread has started off with a few pretty solid options and proposals. Very reasonable and ones that you could see actually happening.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:28 PM
SephF
Visually Better

Quote:
I think the Canes may be interested in Sam Gagner as a 3rd line centerman. Would a trade centered around Gagner for a defenseman like Jamie McBain satisfy the needs for both teams?

The trade I was thinking of:

To Oilers:

D Jamie McBain (2 Years/$1.8M remaining, then RFA)
4th Round Pick 2013

To Canes:

C Sam Gagner (RFA next year)
D Mark Fistric (expiring contract)
I wouldn't trade our second line center for a bottom pairing defenseman.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:58 PM
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
I wouldn't trade our second line center for a bottom pairing defenseman.
Yup that's a horrible proposal.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Noble Peasant
Rookie User

IMO, and this is JMO, but we should trade Gagner when his value is highest. Gagner's a good soldier for this team, but this team needs more size in it's top two lines. Defensively, he's done alright this season, but if we make it to the playoffs, he will get destroyed by a guy like Thornton. O'Reilly should be our number one target.

I also believe we should be shopping Hemsky around, in search of a big LW. If we can acquire a big 2C and a big LW, our top two lines will be balanced perfectly in terms of a mixture of size and speed. Then we can move Yak to RW, where he righfully belongs.

Did I mention this was JIMO?

Old
02-05-2013, 11:04 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 2394
Khabibulin to Calgary if Kipprusoff is out for any significant time?

Old
02-05-2013, 11:09 PM
misfit

McBain is a quality player getting off to a rough start. I'd absolutely target him. Of course, if it means giving up Gagner, it's an easy "no thanks" from me.

Closed Thread