HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor and Proposals Thread Vol. 2: It's not how big you are...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2013, 05:28 PM
  #201
jsho
Registered User
 
jsho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockyluv21 View Post
Wait a minute, I had no idea he was a PPG this year. Never mind, I don't follow the Oilers very much, haha.
Tambellini? Is that you? You've been outted.

jsho is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 05:38 PM
  #202
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood
 
CornKicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,072
vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by devils4cup View Post
What about Ryan White from Montreal as addition at centre

6'0 193 lbs.

One pesky little bugger.

61% in the dot this season so far. Healthy Scratch last two games as he's in Therrien's dog house.
other than the fact he is a dild i would take him, he is a big body and a bit of a scrub offensivly

CornKicker is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 05:44 PM
  #203
Horseradish
Registered User
 
Horseradish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, ON
Posts: 4,186
vCash: 500
I think Derek Zona from Copper and Blue has the most intriguing proposal I've seen.

Trading with Buffalo for Luke Adam and Andrej Sekera.

Gives them a beefy kid who can play bottom 6 centre or winger and has been a decent 2-way player, but also has the potential to grow into a top-6 role as a winger or centre. Fills two needs in the meantime, and he's currently in Rochester, so Buffalo's not exactly thrilled with his development.

Sekera is part of a pretty deep blueline, but also a pretty expensive one, and he's playing bottom pairing minutes after a few years in top-4 minutes.

If Buffalo could get a guy like MPS, a decent pick/prospect, and a cheaper, young, bottom-pairing d-man, I think they'd pull the trigger.

Something like MPS, Potter/Peckham, and Fedun for those guys. I dunno.

Horseradish is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 05:47 PM
  #204
McClelland
Registered User
 
McClelland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,105
vCash: 50
What about continue the Hall c experiment!


Paajarvi Hall Ebs

Yakupov Rnh Hemsky


Smyth Gags hartikainen(off wing)

Eager Lander Petrell

Very small sample but Hall is 80% on the dot(4-1 ) and paajarvi has the speed!

Or we move up Gags with hall and ebs and let hall take the important FO .
Gags is 37.5% at FO so that hasnt improve.(he was 20% last night)
Rnh is 41.9% but its his 2 season and hes up against the best ones.

It costs us games! We losing momentum in lost Face offs , and coming in puck possesion the hard way costs energy and is mentally frustating.

McClelland is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 05:48 PM
  #205
Soundwave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,169
vCash: 500
I like trying for Tim Connolly. Why not I suppose.

Soundwave is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:01 PM
  #206
Dazed and Confused
Registered User
 
Dazed and Confused's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I like trying for Tim Connolly. Why not I suppose.
I tossed out that name yesterday, considering unlike everyone else mentioned, he can play a top 9 role and not look out of place.

Maybe ask Nonis to put him back on waviers or send a 7th Toronto's way. It'd be nice to have someone with offencive talent and creativity able to take a draw

Dazed and Confused is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:02 PM
  #207
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it
 
Neilio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
I think Derek Zona from Copper and Blue has the most intriguing proposal I've seen.

Trading with Buffalo for Luke Adam and Andrej Sekera.

Gives them a beefy kid who can play bottom 6 centre or winger and has been a decent 2-way player, but also has the potential to grow into a top-6 role as a winger or centre. Fills two needs in the meantime, and he's currently in Rochester, so Buffalo's not exactly thrilled with his development.

Sekera is part of a pretty deep blueline, but also a pretty expensive one, and he's playing bottom pairing minutes after a few years in top-4 minutes.

If Buffalo could get a guy like MPS, a decent pick/prospect, and a cheaper, young, bottom-pairing d-man, I think they'd pull the trigger.

Something like MPS, Potter/Peckham, and Fedun for those guys. I dunno.
I would consider this. Not huge on trading PRV, but our center depth is terrible.

Neilio is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:03 PM
  #208
misfit
Moderator
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: just north of...everything
Posts: 15,659
vCash: 50
That deal would be more about Sekera than the center coming back. Don't get me wrong, I like Sekera a lot and would definitely try to get him, but not at the expense of Paajarvi. Luke Adam kind of reminds me a little of Marc Pouliot. Big and strong with good hands, but not overly physical or the greatest skater. Both were good juniors and great AHLers, and both struggled in the NHL (injury played a part in both cases). I'd just as soon try to bring Pouliot over from whatever European country he's playing hockey in than trade a valuable piece like Paajarvi for Luke Adam. Pouliot may be a bad example, but the point is, there are players who can improve the team's center depth that wouldn't cost you a roster player.

__________________
If you are offended by this post, it's probably because you're ugly.
misfit is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:36 PM
  #209
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile
 
gooilgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Area 51
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
What about continue the Hall c experiment!


Paajarvi Hall Ebs

Yakupov Rnh Hemsky


Smyth Gags hartikainen(off wing)

Eager Lander Petrell

Very small sample but Hall is 80% on the dot(4-1 ) and paajarvi has the speed!

Or we move up Gags with hall and ebs and let hall take the important FO .
Gags is 37.5% at FO so that hasnt improve.(he was 20% last night)
Rnh is 41.9% but its his 2 season and hes up against the best ones.

It costs us games! We losing momentum in lost Face offs , and coming in puck possesion the hard way costs energy and is mentally frustating.
That never got off the ground. If the Oilers were serious about that, they would have done that down in OKC. We need to accept that Hall's future is at LW.

gooilgo is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 08:24 PM
  #210
Soundwave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
I tossed out that name yesterday, considering unlike everyone else mentioned, he can play a top 9 role and not look out of place.

Maybe ask Nonis to put him back on waviers or send a 7th Toronto's way. It'd be nice to have someone with offencive talent and creativity able to take a draw
I don't really get it either. If we can get him for cheap, surely he's a better option than Arcobello (no offense to the kid).

He was about 49% on the dot last year, which at this point, I'll take. It also lets us space out our offense a bit more.

Hall Gagner Eberle
Hartikanen RNH Yakupov
Smyth Connolly Hemsky
MPS Lander Petrell

Soundwave is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 09:08 PM
  #211
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 500
Proposal:

To EDM: J.Blum + P.Gaustad
To NSH: R.Whitney + Omark + Prospect\pick

4 guys that have no room in their current squads and all can use a change in scenry ..

Gaustad is overpaid and signed for 3 more years but is 6'4" and well over 50% on the dot( 57% last year and 57% so far this year). Would be a welcome addition esp with injury sitation.

Blum has no hope of cracking a RD spot in NSH with Weber\Klein and Eliis there.. He is a good puck mover who would be an instant upgrade over Potter as our 3rd pairing RD.
He has played with Fistric back in Jr as well..

Whitney would actually be an upgrade over H.Gill and could use a change of scenery..
If Omark has a NHL career ahead of himself.. NSH might be the only place where he can make his mark.. NSH management might take a chance on him.


Last edited by Petro Points: 02-05-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Petro Points is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 09:19 PM
  #212
Tarus
Fire Mact
 
Tarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,664
vCash: 500
Don't mind that proposal

But it's pretty easy to like given it's just spare parts for spare parts.

Tarus is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 09:21 PM
  #213
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
Don't mind that proposal

But it's pretty easy to like given it's just spare parts for spare parts.
helps both clubs .. low risk high reward

Petro Points is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 09:26 PM
  #214
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man
 
SeriousBusiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,601
vCash: 500
With Belanger back is about a week, do we really need to make a trade? Are we going to be able to bring in someone who can step in and play a big enough role to justify what it would take to acquire them? I'm not so sure we can.

SeriousBusiness is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 09:26 PM
  #215
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up
 
Matt Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 3,178
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Proposal:

To EDM: J.Blum + P.Gaustad
To NSH: R.Whitney + Omark + Prospect\pick

4 guys that have no room in their current squads and all can use a change in scenry ..

Gaustad is overpaid and signed for 3 more years but is 6'4" and well over 50% on the dot( 57% last year and 57% so far this year). Would be a welcome addition esp with injury sitation.

Blum has no hope of cracking a RD spot in NSH with Weber\Klein and Eliis there.. He is a good puck mover who would be an instant upgrade over Potter as our 3rd pairing RD.
He has played with Fistric back in Jr as well..

Whitney would actually be an upgrade over H.Gill and could use a change of scenery..
If Omark has a NHL career ahead of himself.. NSH might be the only place where he can make his mark.. NSH management might take a chance on him.
there is no way that nsh does that deal...garbage players for decent role players

If that "prospect" were MPS instead of Omark, then they would talk. I could see Nashville being interested in a guy like Hemsky.

Matt Ryan is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 09:40 PM
  #216
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ryan View Post
there is no way that nsh does that deal...garbage players for decent role players

If that "prospect" were MPS instead of Omark, then they would talk. I could see Nashville being interested in a guy like Hemsky.
imagine Belanger making twice as much and signed for 3 more years... That is what NSH fans feel about Gaustad esp with N.Spalling coming up and Fisher and Legwand already there. They arent very high on Blum either.. Teubert being a comparable.

Paajarvi is worth more than Gaustad and Blum. Just because he has been playing on the 4th line does not mean he isnt playing good. The guy gets the short end of the straw because he is not waivers eligible.

Petro Points is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:00 PM
  #217
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockyluv21 View Post
I think the Canes may be interested in Sam Gagner as a 3rd line centerman. Would a trade centered around Gagner for a defenseman like Jamie McBain satisfy the needs for both teams?

The trade I was thinking of:

To Oilers:

D Jamie McBain (2 Years/$1.8M remaining, then RFA)
4th Round Pick 2013

To Canes:

C Sam Gagner (RFA next year)
D Mark Fistric (expiring contract)
Since when has McBain been worth so much. I am one that hopes that we resign Fistric. He is only a bottom pairing dman but is the perfect bottom pairing dman. Gagner alone is worth more than McBain, then what do we do for a centreman with so many centremen injured.

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:04 PM
  #218
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,606
vCash: 500
Do you guys think that Hemsky and Gagner's value has gone up since the season has started? If so what do you think they are worth now?

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:19 PM
  #219
Fuhryous
Registered User
 
Fuhryous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Medicine Hat, AB
Country: Hungary
Posts: 952
vCash: 50
Seeing how Washington is struggling, I wonder if they would be looking to shake things up if things don't get better for them soon. Matt Hendricks is listed as a centre on NHL.com, but was playing wing on the 4th line for the Capitals last night. He's only taken 53 draws so far this year, but he is at a whopping 67%.

Plus, he's not afraid to drop the mitts with just about anyone or lay a huge hit.



Taking on Konopka:


Just a thought...not sure what'd it take to try and get him, if he's worth pursuing.

*edit: checked his salary and he's making $825K, then is a UFA after this season; Cap Geek lists him as LW.


Last edited by Fuhryous: 02-05-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Fuhryous is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:24 PM
  #220
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
This thread has started off with a few pretty solid options and proposals. Very reasonable and ones that you could see actually happening.

scid14 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:28 PM
  #221
SephF
Visually Better
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockyluv21 View Post
I think the Canes may be interested in Sam Gagner as a 3rd line centerman. Would a trade centered around Gagner for a defenseman like Jamie McBain satisfy the needs for both teams?

The trade I was thinking of:

To Oilers:

D Jamie McBain (2 Years/$1.8M remaining, then RFA)
4th Round Pick 2013

To Canes:

C Sam Gagner (RFA next year)
D Mark Fistric (expiring contract)
I wouldn't trade our second line center for a bottom pairing defenseman.

SephF is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:58 PM
  #222
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up
 
Johnny Bravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Fire Eakins
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
I wouldn't trade our second line center for a bottom pairing defenseman.
Yup that's a horrible proposal.

Johnny Bravo is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 11:04 PM
  #223
Noble Peasant
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 81
vCash: 500
IMO, and this is JMO, but we should trade Gagner when his value is highest. Gagner's a good soldier for this team, but this team needs more size in it's top two lines. Defensively, he's done alright this season, but if we make it to the playoffs, he will get destroyed by a guy like Thornton. O'Reilly should be our number one target.

I also believe we should be shopping Hemsky around, in search of a big LW. If we can acquire a big 2C and a big LW, our top two lines will be balanced perfectly in terms of a mixture of size and speed. Then we can move Yak to RW, where he righfully belongs.

Did I mention this was JIMO?

Noble Peasant is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 11:04 PM
  #224
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 13,712
vCash: 2394
Khabibulin to Calgary if Kipprusoff is out for any significant time?

GreatKeith is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 11:09 PM
  #225
misfit
Moderator
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: just north of...everything
Posts: 15,659
vCash: 50
McBain is a quality player getting off to a rough start. I'd absolutely target him. Of course, if it means giving up Gagner, it's an easy "no thanks" from me.

misfit is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.