HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bortuzzo

Old
02-05-2013, 03:34 PM
PAZ

vCash: 500
Bortuzzo

Curious how the Pens management value him and how much he would cost at the moment. From what i've seen he has decent vision, and would be an upgrade to the Avs depressing defense. I don't see him having a future with the Pens with all the prospects coming up, but I could be wrong.

Could something along the lines of ROB/SOB/Zanon + pick be worked out?

I also wouldn't mind shipping out Jones, but I think i'm in the minority here.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Curious how the Pens management value him and how much he would cost at the moment. From what i've seen he has decent vision, and would be an upgrade to the Avs depressing defense. I don't see him having a future with the Pens with all the prospects coming up, but I could be wrong.

Could something along the lines of ROB/SOB/Zanon + pick be worked out?

I also wouldn't mind shipping out Jones, but I think i'm in the minority here.
It's hard to put a value on Bort. He's the kind of guy who can be a #4 in a couple of years, but most likely won't max out with the Pens. He brings something unique to the Pens blueline, size and physicality.

He has a huge wingspan and his size and physical play is really helping the Pens blueline right now. He is also boxing out well and keeping the crease clear, which is something the Pens really have lacked since Gill left.

To be fair it is only a few games in, but I followed him in the A and this is his game.

He may get pushed out a couple of yrs from now, but I can't see Shero trading him in the short term because on his own Bort won't bring back much until he is more proven. He just holds more value to the Pens right now.

If Despres and Bort can keep showing they belong, a guy like Nisky might go on the block.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 04:36 PM
nwpensfan

Agee with Jiggy that he is probably more valuable to Pens than what can be gained in a trade.

nwpensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:53 PM
PAZ

Ah ok. I just remember reading that Bort was scratched in favor for Lovejoy for a few games, so I wasn't sure if he was in the doghouse or not.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:09 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Ah ok. I just remember reading that Bort was scratched in favor for Lovejoy for a few games, so I wasn't sure if he was in the doghouse or not.
Well we lost Strait for Lovejoy & he's playing 1st-2nd pairing minutes pretty well for the Islanders. Bylsma has some kind of blinders on when it comes to Lovejoy.

At this point it would be really hard to put a value on but we would need some kind of winger in return. Really no use for centers or defense.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:13 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Well we lost Strait for Lovejoy & he's playing 1st-2nd pairing minutes pretty well for the Islanders. Bylsma has some kind of blinders on when it comes to Lovejoy.

At this point it would be really hard to put a value on but we would need some kind of winger in return. Really no use for centers or defense.
Jones is a winger, hes a bit streaky but he would thrive with Crosby (well I guess any player would). I wouldn't expect him to put up Neal like numbers, but he could easily be putting up 60 points and 20-30 goals with Crosby on his line.

However, like you guys said Bortuzzo is really hard to put a value on so I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:32 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Jones is a winger, hes a bit streaky but he would thrive with Crosby (well I guess any player would). I wouldn't expect him to put up Neal like numbers, but he could easily be putting up 60 points and 20-30 goals with Crosby on his line.

However, like you guys said Bortuzzo is really hard to put a value on so I wouldn't even know where to begin.
I like Jone as a player for sure. He would definitely be better than what we got for Strait.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote