HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dave Stubbs calls PJ Stock a "sensational[ist], irresponsible" liar for PK comments

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 05:42 PM
PricePkPatch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I was pro-tank the entire season and we won 2 of 6 games against them.

Molson cleaned house and put a new management in place.

One has to be a total tool to have preferred the status quo 6 game playoff exit over Galchenyuk and getting new management to rebuild for a better future.
You may have this weird narrative in your head that you helped PROVOKE the Habs' disastrous performance last year, and this led to the house change we've seen, but I have heartbreaking news for you:

You did not make a difference.
Therefore, you do not deserve kudos for the outcomes.

However, what you DID do is groveling in an enemy fanbase's board and actually ask them to beat us. Not only did it had no influence on the final outcome of the games and the season, but it was ****ing humiliating to see one of us behaving like that.

Old
02-05-2013, 05:49 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
However, what you DID do is groveling in an enemy fanbase's board and actually ask them to beat us. Not only did it had no influence on the final outcome of the games and the season, but it was ****ing humiliating to see one of us behaving like that.
Does anybody, himself included, feel otherwise? I thought this was a common fact.

Old
02-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Digger03

Why do these stories always seem to be about the Habs dressing room? Doesn't it seem weird that we never hear anything about the Leafs dressing room problems or idk the coyotes? We lost SK and Grabovski because of talk like this. It seems all of our potential star players are cancers in the dressing room and its starting to piss me off hearing about it all time!

Old
02-05-2013, 06:15 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
You may have this weird narrative in your head that you helped PROVOKE the Habs' disastrous performance last year, and this led to the house change we've seen, but I have heartbreaking news for you:

You did not make a difference.
Therefore, you do not deserve kudos for the outcomes.

Wow. Boy, thanks for putting everything in perspective friendly poster.

I really lost grip of reality for a second. I'll also revert to cheering for CBC to give PJ the pink slip so he can pay for all his evil rumors. God damn I forgot how much I love it when people lose there job. Nothing will make me sleep better knowing that PJ Stock will be up all night with his wife puking over how they're going to pay for upcoming mortgage payments. Finally I see the light! It's about time I set my priorities straight. Hockey is SERIOUS BUSINESS and if anybody crosses the very strict lines of conduct, they should be condemed for life, exiled, fired, injected with cancer, ***** and or tortured. Spreading reports based on suspicion rather than fact is grounds for someone to lose there job ESPECIALLY when such reports hold absolutely NO IMPORTANCE to the hockey player and team in question. Especially if the subject is SPORT, or more specifically HOCKEY, or even more specifically the CANADIENS. Hell, now I want Tony Marinaro's head too!

On this note, I think I really needed you to expose me for my sins and now that I finally see things the ''right'' way I BEG you all, BEG BEG BEG for forgiveness. I don't want to die man!

/sarcasm

The irony in all this for the people crying about what PJ did they are only being more pathetic for taking it to such importance.

Word of advice - you can actually be passionate about hockey while still being able to distinguish the difference between reality and entertainment. The only people in the media that piss me off are the racist ******** on RDS. Why? Because they are racist ******** and I have my values.

But to see so many fans hope for x and y reporter to lose there job because they don't agree with their opinion all I can interpret is that such fans are IMMATURE and more pathetic than the reporters they are targeting.

It's one thing when we **** on former players that have made 100 million $ because these gigs are nothing more than a way to keep busy for them. But when people start ******** on reporters (that are trying to make a real living) and lose perspective that hockey in entertainment and their job is to get people tuned in and talking, the only person that needs a ****ing is the bitter listener/reader/viewer.

If you don't like someone, change the channel or don't read what they say.

Last edited by coolasprICE: 02-05-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old
02-05-2013, 06:18 PM
HabsPassion

PJ Stock needs a few sociology classes judging from his comments. He also needs to think before he speaks sometimes.

His video clips in no way prove his arguements.

1. Video of PK Subban walking in - In Fact most players will walk in alone. Especially, being only his first day, what did you expect a family reunion at the player's entrance/player garage?

2. PK in the room - Every player has his own superstitions and routine pre-game. It is widely known that PK Subban does not enjoy the same music that the majority of the team does (Which is not a problem) and therefore has resorted to playing his preferred music through an MP3 and earphones.. How does him having earphones on represent a lack of popularity pre-game? Fact is, many players before game will calm themselves - A few actually close their eyes for a few minutes, so Hey you can take a picture of them doing that and claim they are "out of shape" and "tired".

False media representation is what has killed the reputation of the city and some of its players incorrectly, and Dave Stubbs has likely had enough of that covering the team for 37 years. However, he respectfully displayed his disapproval, whereas PJ Stock used personal attacks, ones that lack the class that the Montreal Canadiens organisation prides itself on.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
PJ Stock is on TSN690 Right now!

PJ Stock
On tsn690 with Melnick + crew to explain tweets + #gazette + #habs situation\supposed misunderstanding...620pm. @HunterZThompson

Old
02-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

PJ Stock is not a dislikable guy...

... but should just shut the hell up about the 'Subban Affair".

Seriously.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:34 PM
MXD

I love Dave Stubbs.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Lafleurs Guy

PJ Stock on the radio... yup, he still sucks.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:44 PM
skule123

PJ Stock said that the players don't tell the media what's really going on.

PJ Stock said that the players told him (a member of the media) what's really going on.

Old
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post

I'll start cheering for ''name the opposition'' if we start showing signs of being a marginal team again just so my special powers can bury us low enough to get a top 5 pick once again.

God damn, for every Galchenyuk jersey sold Molson should be giving me a dollar.
Wow - delusional much?

You're a fair weather fan - a band-wagoner. As much as admitted it ...

Old
Lafleurs Guy

"I love PK..."

Sure you do PJ.

Old
LaTenderness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
PJ Stock on the radio... yup, he still sucks.
hahahahaga yep

Just listening to 690 now and this is awkward......what a lil ****in kid he is

Old
02-05-2013, 06:46 PM
merano

TSN690 = PJ apologists

Old
02-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Lafleurs Guy

"If you want to get your point across you don't have to take somebody down to do it..."

Yeah okay PJ, unless you're putting down PK Subban right?

Old
02-05-2013, 06:49 PM
LaTenderness

He got slapped around on the ice and he's still getting slapped around behind the mic...... You can tell habs fans truly rattled him on twitter

Old
02-05-2013, 06:52 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

@Dave_Stubbs: I'll stand on my reputation & credibility w/ peers, #Habs players/management and fans regarding my reporting about Subban & all else

Old
02-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Is he taking calls, or just being fed softball questions?

Old
02-05-2013, 06:55 PM
merano

PJ just cannot win....
Last year he gets blamed for being late for meetings
He goes to the Bell Center early and gets called a loner.
Last year he gets blamed for playing music loud in the dressing room
this year he gets blamed for listening music on his headphones

Old
02-05-2013, 06:56 PM
merano

Softball questions and he is still striking out!!

Old
02-05-2013, 06:57 PM
LaTenderness

Ya he was just spoonfed some questions. He was just trying to make himself sound relevant. When asked to explain his comments on PK with headphones on getting to the rink alone he just backpedalled and said he was taught its not the right team player attitude to listen to your own music since there's some already playing in the room. Just sad to listen to.

Old
02-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Lafleurs Guy

All you need to know about PJ Stock is that he's worse behind the mic than he was as a hockey player. Zero credibility and a total hack. This thread should be called: 'PJ Stock Sucks.'

Old
02-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenderness View Post
He got slapped around on the ice and he's still getting slapped around behind the mic...... You can tell habs fans truly rattled him on twitter
Anybody have any of the twitter comments that they can post here? Curious to see what folks are saying.

Old
02-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Stock on TSN690, It was very, very Awkward., think the Questions on Melnick were not that Harsh, but he seemed to be sinking & swimming the whole interview?

To be fair..One thing he did say that made a little sense is when your on air & say something, you can't take it back like writing where you can think 1st. Well he may have a point, but be smarter, check your notes & watch what you tweet!! Your on CBC!

One thing that seemed childish by Stock was saying I don't get the Gazette Delivered any-more, then Contradicts himself when saying he supports his community ... Geeze Move to Toronto or Boston already then!

Old
02-05-2013, 07:25 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPac67 View Post
One thing that seemed childish by Stock was saying I don't get the Gazette Delivered any-more, then Contradicts himself when saying he supports his community ... Geeze Move to Toronto or Boston already then!
Buying that rag, the Gazette, constitutes as supporting the community? Maybe in the 90s. Today it's awful, just awful nobody is buying it anymore - there's nothing in there.

Closed Thread