HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dave Stubbs calls PJ Stock a "sensational[ist], irresponsible" liar for PK comments

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2013, 05:42 PM
  #201
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I was pro-tank the entire season and we won 2 of 6 games against them.

Molson cleaned house and put a new management in place.

One has to be a total tool to have preferred the status quo 6 game playoff exit over Galchenyuk and getting new management to rebuild for a better future.
You may have this weird narrative in your head that you helped PROVOKE the Habs' disastrous performance last year, and this led to the house change we've seen, but I have heartbreaking news for you:

You did not make a difference.
Therefore, you do not deserve kudos for the outcomes.

However, what you DID do is groveling in an enemy fanbase's board and actually ask them to beat us. Not only did it had no influence on the final outcome of the games and the season, but it was ****ing humiliating to see one of us behaving like that.

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 05:49 PM
  #202
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
However, what you DID do is groveling in an enemy fanbase's board and actually ask them to beat us. Not only did it had no influence on the final outcome of the games and the season, but it was ****ing humiliating to see one of us behaving like that.
Does anybody, himself included, feel otherwise? I thought this was a common fact.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 05:56 PM
  #203
Digger03
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London,ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
Why do these stories always seem to be about the Habs dressing room? Doesn't it seem weird that we never hear anything about the Leafs dressing room problems or idk the coyotes? We lost SK and Grabovski because of talk like this. It seems all of our potential star players are cancers in the dressing room and its starting to piss me off hearing about it all time!

Digger03 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:15 PM
  #204
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
You may have this weird narrative in your head that you helped PROVOKE the Habs' disastrous performance last year, and this led to the house change we've seen, but I have heartbreaking news for you:

You did not make a difference.
Therefore, you do not deserve kudos for the outcomes.

However, what you DID do is groveling in an enemy fanbase's board and actually ask them to beat us. Not only did it had no influence on the final outcome of the games and the season, but it was ****ing humiliating to see one of us behaving like that.
Wow. Boy, thanks for putting everything in perspective friendly poster.

I really lost grip of reality for a second. I'll also revert to cheering for CBC to give PJ the pink slip so he can pay for all his evil rumors. God damn I forgot how much I love it when people lose there job. Nothing will make me sleep better knowing that PJ Stock will be up all night with his wife puking over how they're going to pay for upcoming mortgage payments. Finally I see the light! It's about time I set my priorities straight. Hockey is SERIOUS BUSINESS and if anybody crosses the very strict lines of conduct, they should be condemed for life, exiled, fired, injected with cancer, ***** and or tortured. Spreading reports based on suspicion rather than fact is grounds for someone to lose there job ESPECIALLY when such reports hold absolutely NO IMPORTANCE to the hockey player and team in question. Especially if the subject is SPORT, or more specifically HOCKEY, or even more specifically the CANADIENS. Hell, now I want Tony Marinaro's head too!

On this note, I think I really needed you to expose me for my sins and now that I finally see things the ''right'' way I BEG you all, BEG BEG BEG for forgiveness. I don't want to die man!

/sarcasm



The irony in all this for the people crying about what PJ did they are only being more pathetic for taking it to such importance.

Word of advice - you can actually be passionate about hockey while still being able to distinguish the difference between reality and entertainment. The only people in the media that piss me off are the racist ******** on RDS. Why? Because they are racist ******** and I have my values.

But to see so many fans hope for x and y reporter to lose there job because they don't agree with their opinion all I can interpret is that such fans are IMMATURE and more pathetic than the reporters they are targeting.

It's one thing when we **** on former players that have made 100 million $ because these gigs are nothing more than a way to keep busy for them. But when people start ******** on reporters (that are trying to make a real living) and lose perspective that hockey in entertainment and their job is to get people tuned in and talking, the only person that needs a ****ing is the bitter listener/reader/viewer.

If you don't like someone, change the channel or don't read what they say.


Last edited by coolasprICE: 02-05-2013 at 06:21 PM.
coolasprICE is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:18 PM
  #205
HabsPassion
Registered User
 
HabsPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
PJ Stock needs a few sociology classes judging from his comments. He also needs to think before he speaks sometimes.

His video clips in no way prove his arguements.

1. Video of PK Subban walking in - In Fact most players will walk in alone. Especially, being only his first day, what did you expect a family reunion at the player's entrance/player garage?

2. PK in the room - Every player has his own superstitions and routine pre-game. It is widely known that PK Subban does not enjoy the same music that the majority of the team does (Which is not a problem) and therefore has resorted to playing his preferred music through an MP3 and earphones.. How does him having earphones on represent a lack of popularity pre-game? Fact is, many players before game will calm themselves - A few actually close their eyes for a few minutes, so Hey you can take a picture of them doing that and claim they are "out of shape" and "tired".

False media representation is what has killed the reputation of the city and some of its players incorrectly, and Dave Stubbs has likely had enough of that covering the team for 37 years. However, he respectfully displayed his disapproval, whereas PJ Stock used personal attacks, ones that lack the class that the Montreal Canadiens organisation prides itself on.

HabsPassion is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:30 PM
  #206
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
PJ Stock is on TSN690 Right now!

PJ Stock
On tsn690 with Melnick + crew to explain tweets + #gazette + #habs situation\supposed misunderstanding...620pm. @HunterZThompson

Player 61 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:33 PM
  #207
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,833
vCash: 500
PJ Stock is not a dislikable guy...

... but should just shut the hell up about the 'Subban Affair".

Seriously.

Born in 1909 is online now  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:34 PM
  #208
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 21,953
vCash: 500
I love Dave Stubbs.

MXD is online now  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:42 PM
  #209
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 22,740
vCash: 500
PJ Stock on the radio... yup, he still sucks.

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:44 PM
  #210
skule123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
PJ Stock said that the players don't tell the media what's really going on.

PJ Stock said that the players told him (a member of the media) what's really going on.

skule123 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:44 PM
  #211
Davebo
beep beep
 
Davebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post

I'll start cheering for ''name the opposition'' if we start showing signs of being a marginal team again just so my special powers can bury us low enough to get a top 5 pick once again.

God damn, for every Galchenyuk jersey sold Molson should be giving me a dollar.
Wow - delusional much?

You're a fair weather fan - a band-wagoner. As much as admitted it ...

Davebo is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:44 PM
  #212
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 22,740
vCash: 500
"I love PK..."

Sure you do PJ.

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:44 PM
  #213
LaTenderness
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Peterborough
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
PJ Stock on the radio... yup, he still sucks.
hahahahaga yep

Just listening to 690 now and this is awkward......what a lil ****in kid he is

LaTenderness is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:46 PM
  #214
merano
Registered User
 
merano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
TSN690 = PJ apologists

merano is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:47 PM
  #215
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 22,740
vCash: 500
"If you want to get your point across you don't have to take somebody down to do it..."

Yeah okay PJ, unless you're putting down PK Subban right?

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:49 PM
  #216
LaTenderness
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Peterborough
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
He got slapped around on the ice and he's still getting slapped around behind the mic...... You can tell habs fans truly rattled him on twitter

LaTenderness is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:52 PM
  #217
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 9,079
vCash: 500
@Dave_Stubbs: I'll stand on my reputation & credibility w/ peers, #Habs players/management and fans regarding my reporting about Subban & all else

ZARTONK is online now  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:52 PM
  #218
Davebo
beep beep
 
Davebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,252
vCash: 500
Is he taking calls, or just being fed softball questions?

Davebo is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:55 PM
  #219
merano
Registered User
 
merano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
PJ just cannot win....
Last year he gets blamed for being late for meetings
He goes to the Bell Center early and gets called a loner.
Last year he gets blamed for playing music loud in the dressing room
this year he gets blamed for listening music on his headphones

merano is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:56 PM
  #220
merano
Registered User
 
merano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
Softball questions and he is still striking out!!

merano is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:57 PM
  #221
LaTenderness
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Peterborough
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
Ya he was just spoonfed some questions. He was just trying to make himself sound relevant. When asked to explain his comments on PK with headphones on getting to the rink alone he just backpedalled and said he was taught its not the right team player attitude to listen to your own music since there's some already playing in the room. Just sad to listen to.

LaTenderness is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 07:02 PM
  #222
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 22,740
vCash: 500
All you need to know about PJ Stock is that he's worse behind the mic than he was as a hockey player. Zero credibility and a total hack. This thread should be called: 'PJ Stock Sucks.'

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 07:15 PM
  #223
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 22,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenderness View Post
He got slapped around on the ice and he's still getting slapped around behind the mic...... You can tell habs fans truly rattled him on twitter
Anybody have any of the twitter comments that they can post here? Curious to see what folks are saying.

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 07:18 PM
  #224
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Stock on TSN690, It was very, very Awkward., think the Questions on Melnick were not that Harsh, but he seemed to be sinking & swimming the whole interview?

To be fair..One thing he did say that made a little sense is when your on air & say something, you can't take it back like writing where you can think 1st. Well he may have a point, but be smarter, check your notes & watch what you tweet!! Your on CBC!

One thing that seemed childish by Stock was saying I don't get the Gazette Delivered any-more, then Contradicts himself when saying he supports his community ... Geeze Move to Toronto or Boston already then!

Player 61 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 07:25 PM
  #225
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPac67 View Post
One thing that seemed childish by Stock was saying I don't get the Gazette Delivered any-more, then Contradicts himself when saying he supports his community ... Geeze Move to Toronto or Boston already then!
Buying that rag, the Gazette, constitutes as supporting the community? Maybe in the 90s. Today it's awful, just awful nobody is buying it anymore - there's nothing in there.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.