HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

2013 Minnesota Wild

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2013, 06:12 PM
  #976
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 8,098
vCash: 500
Oh believe me I know Lats isn't doing great this year and I'm glad he's gone. But If we had a player that could play that same game that'd be wonderful.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:16 PM
  #977
AKL
#AnyoneButThem
 
AKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pominville
Country: Nauru
Posts: 6,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite View Post
This year's Lats is currently 0+1 in six games in Ottawa.
He's also playing 13 minutes a night.

AKL is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:18 PM
  #978
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,253
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
He's also playing 13 minutes a night.
why?
healthy lats was definite top six material here in MN...aggressive offensively and physically.

rynryn is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:31 PM
  #979
AKL
#AnyoneButThem
 
AKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pominville
Country: Nauru
Posts: 6,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
why?
healthy lats was definite top six material here in MN...aggressive offensively and physically.
It would seem injuries still affect him. He's not in peak shape to be playing top six minutes. It doesn't help that he's currently out with an injury.

AKL is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:49 PM
  #980
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Trade Seto for Lats.
No thanks.

Gui is currently injured as well.

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:52 PM
  #981
J Bert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutfast View Post
Parise - Koivu - Granlund
Heatley - Bouchard - Coyle
Setoguchi - Cullen - Clutterbuck
Rupp - Konopka - Brodziak

Suter - Brodin
Falk - Spurgeon
Gilbert - Stoner

Trade Block: Setoguchi
Scratches: Mitchell, Scandella
In line to replace Setoguchi: Zucker or Larsson

Here is why I have the lines this way.

1st line: I have felt Granlund has been playing good all season except in our own zone. Put him with 2 guys who will hold him accountable and still make him a better player.

2nd line: Move Heatley down to 2nd line so Coyle can learn from him and one of the best playermakers we got. Let Bouchard do his thing while Heatley and Coyle theirs. Bouchard will get them the puck they just have to bury it.

3rd line: You have all the energy here you will ever need. Chance for a big goal, chance for blocked shots, chance for big hits, chance for something fierce to swing our way.

4th line: Let them go out there and put bodies on bodies. These guys are the Tough guy line for sure. Gave them enough to get under the skin of the opponents and lots of physical play.

D-pairings:
1st: they are working so well together, why ever split them up?

2nd: these 2 interest me. I think it could work out but it would be a slow rolling thing to develop chemistry but once there the pair would be set.

3rd: Another pair of guys who are just working so well together right now.

As a side note I would like to see Genoway up. I think he could work some sort of magic that few people believe he can, but I have seen him play many times in person and much like Parise he is often the hardest worker out there, that is when magic happens.
This

J Bert is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 07:03 PM
  #982
J Bert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
I know Bouchard does not play C, but these lines just seem to mesh, and Butch does like to skate the puck and find teammates. Perhaps Butch on the 1st line with Parise and Koivu, and Granny Centering Heatley and Coyle if he can manage. Main thing is I do believe we can knock Heatley down to the second, as he has not looked good.

J Bert is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 07:29 PM
  #983
DeuceMN
Really?
 
DeuceMN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chi-Town, Il
Country: United States
Posts: 1,987
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Bert View Post
I know Bouchard does not play C, but these lines just seem to mesh, and Butch does like to skate the puck and find teammates. Perhaps Butch on the 1st line with Parise and Koivu, and Granny Centering Heatley and Coyle if he can manage. Main thing is I do believe we can knock Heatley down to the second, as he has not looked good.
I wonder if Coyle could play C instead of Granlund on that line. If that would work, I would be all for trying it.

DeuceMN is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 09:28 PM
  #984
FUBAR McDangles
Registered User
 
FUBAR McDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,734
vCash: 710
I feel like I am just a one-man band cheering for Mitchell here, but he has been awesome the last few games. One of the few highlights. I've mentioned it before, but I'd love to see him on a line with Setoguchi. Those two are apparently pretty good friends, and together maybe they'll figure something out. Mitchell is speedy gonzalez and Seto has some wheels as well, so Cullen could be a great fit between them.

My ideal lineup:

Parise - Koivu - Bouchard
Heatley - Granlund - Coyle
Setoguchi - Cullen - Mitchell
Clutterbuck - Konopka - Brodziak
x Rupp, Kassian

Brodziak should not be on the fourth line, and honestly neither should Clutter, but I like Mitchell's game far more than either of them, and both Clutter and Brodz have been disappointing this season thus far. Top D pairing should be Suter and Brodin. Beyond that, I don't really have an opinion. Gilbert - Scandella, Spurgeon - Stoner perhaps would work well, but I'm not confident in what would be the most beneficial.

FUBAR McDangles is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 09:35 PM
  #985
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,253
vCash: 50
i don't know about Cullen, but i'd like to see Mitchell and Seto paired up for a game at least.

rynryn is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 09:43 PM
  #986
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,241
vCash: 50
Heatley really needs to be moved off that first line because he's got it way too easy. All he has to do is stand in front of the net and let Parise and Koivu do all the work for him. And how the hell is he suppose to use that great shot of his when he's told to stand three feet away from the net? Move him down to the second line and bring up Seto to the first line. Two speedy wingers around Koivu both with a physical edge and a good shot. Continuing to give Seto sheltered minutes with incapable line-mates isn't going to help him produce. And I agree with Tyratoku about Mitchell's play lately. Dude has been good and I think some changes to that bottom six are in order as well. Mitchell has played a lot of center and Brodziak hasn't looked so far, especially offensively. So what if we had Mitchell take over Brodziak's spot as the 3rd line center? Here's my proposed lines:

Parise - Koivu - Seto
Heatley - Granlund - Bouchard
Cullen - Mitchell - Clutter
Brodziak - Konopka - Rupp

Billy Mays Here is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:16 PM
  #987
Granlund 64
Registered User
 
Granlund 64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stillwater, MN
Country:
Posts: 854
vCash: 500
Looks fine to me, but Coyle?

Cullen looked better in the middle to me, could just be me but flipping him and Mitchell would work too.

Granlund 64 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:28 PM
  #988
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,241
vCash: 50
Well if Coyle is still with the Wild then I guess I'd switch it up a little more and go with:

Parise - Koivu - Seto
Heatley - Granlund - Coyle
Bouchard - Cullen - Mitchell
Rupp - Konopka - Clutter

Two solid scoring lines, an offensive third line and a **** em' up fourth line. Give Brodziak a few games in the James Sheppard booth and see how he reacts.

Billy Mays Here is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:36 PM
  #989
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,253
vCash: 50
i don't know if Kass is here for too much longer. i wouldn't be surprised if they rotated people out constantly based on dog house status or matchup or whatever. More bulk would come in handy sometimes, other times you can't afford to give up the speed to get it.

rynryn is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 11:47 PM
  #990
WILDTATE10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,604
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
I feel like I am just a one-man band cheering for Mitchell here, but he has been awesome the last few games. One of the few highlights. I've mentioned it before, but I'd love to see him on a line with Setoguchi. Those two are apparently pretty good friends, and together maybe they'll figure something out. Mitchell is speedy gonzalez and Seto has some wheels as well, so Cullen could be a great fit between them.

My ideal lineup:

Parise - Koivu - Bouchard
Heatley - Granlund - Coyle
Setoguchi - Cullen - Mitchell
Clutterbuck - Konopka - Brodziak
x Rupp, Kassian

Brodziak should not be on the fourth line, and honestly neither should Clutter, but I like Mitchell's game far more than either of them, and both Clutter and Brodz have been disappointing this season thus far. Top D pairing should be Suter and Brodin. Beyond that, I don't really have an opinion. Gilbert - Scandella, Spurgeon - Stoner perhaps would work well, but I'm not confident in what would be the most beneficial.
Was just gonna come and post those lines

WILDTATE10 is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 12:02 AM
  #991
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 11,114
vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
It would seem injuries still affect him. He's not in peak shape to be playing top six minutes. It doesn't help that he's currently out with an injury.
Seriously? What's he out with now? Color me surprised.

NHL1674 is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 12:18 AM
  #992
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3
 
SphinX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 500
Scratch Cullen, move Heatley to second and let him be able to fire the slapper. Move Coyle to 1st and make him play the battles infront.

SphinX is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 12:29 AM
  #993
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Seriously? What's he out with now? Color me surprised.
At first I thought he only had the flu but it looks like it's more than that now.

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 12:35 AM
  #994
El Nino22
Registered User
 
El Nino22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 788
vCash: 500
Personally I think with the lack of production the Wild has gotten from its forwards outside of the top line they might as well spread their depth out across lines 2-4 and roll 4 lines all night. The only exception I would make to this is Konopka. His minutes should be sheltered.

Line 1: Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Line 2: PMB-Cullen-Coyle
Line 3: Granlund-Brodziak-Setoguichi
Line 4: Mitchell-Konopka-Clutterbuck

Line 1: Only line to have shown any offensive production. I do agree with the other posters who have mentioned Heatley's floating on this line, but it will be even more evident when he isn't playing with two Selke canidates. On top of that Parise-Koivu have been fantastic together and Heatley hasn't stopped getting chances he just hasn't been finishing the last few games.

Line 2: This was our most dangerous line against Phoenix. Cullen and Coyle work the cycle well and PMB just knows what to do with the puck. Coyle passed up some shooting opportunities in his first game in PHX, but that trend won't continue. Once he starts firing shots this line will be nasty.

Line 3: Granlund needs to be on the wing. That was obvious after his against PHX. Also despite their lack of production so far I think Granlund and Setoguichi have chemistry together. These two looked good playing with Konopka a big center who could clear some space up the middle do work in the corners and behind the net They will look even better with Brodz who can do all those things and hopefully together they can all spark their games.

Line 4: This line is pretty simple to figure out. They have a lot of speed and physicality. They'll score the odd goal here and there, but mainly just be hard to play against and wear out other teams on the cycle.

El Nino22 is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 12:58 AM
  #995
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,241
vCash: 50
Any chance we could maybe move Coyle to center if it doesn't work out with Granlund there? If I recall correctly, Coyle has actually played a fair amount of center throughout his career.

Billy Mays Here is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:00 AM
  #996
Casper
30 goal grinder
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 1,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetCluttered View Post
Personally I think with the lack of production the Wild has gotten from its forwards outside of the top line they might as well spread their depth out across lines 2-4 and roll 4 lines all night. The only exception I would make to this is Konopka. His minutes should be sheltered.

Line 1: Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Line 2: PMB-Cullen-Coyle
Line 3: Granlund-Brodziak-Setoguichi
Line 4: Mitchell-Konopka-Clutterbuck

Line 1: Only line to have shown any offensive production. I do agree with the other posters who have mentioned Heatley's floating on this line, but it will be even more evident when he isn't playing with two Selke canidates. On top of that Parise-Koivu have been fantastic together and Heatley hasn't stopped getting chances he just hasn't been finishing the last few games.

Line 2: This was our most dangerous line against Phoenix. Cullen and Coyle work the cycle well and PMB just knows what to do with the puck. Coyle passed up some shooting opportunities in his first game in PHX, but that trend won't continue. Once he starts firing shots this line will be nasty.

Line 3: Granlund needs to be on the wing. That was obvious after his against PHX. Also despite their lack of production so far I think Granlund and Setoguichi have chemistry together. These two looked good playing with Konopka a big center who could clear some space up the middle do work in the corners and behind the net They will look even better with Brodz who can do all those things and hopefully together they can all spark their games.

Line 4: This line is pretty simple to figure out. They have a lot of speed and physicality. They'll score the odd goal here and there, but mainly just be hard to play against and wear out other teams on the cycle.
I like this and can agree on all four points. I especially like the 3rd line -if Brodziak can return to last year's form this line will be money.

Role all four lines and base their playing time on who is playing the best. Obviously top players will get extra ice time with pp and pk.

Casper is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:15 AM
  #997
El Nino22
Registered User
 
El Nino22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I like this and can agree on all four points. I especially like the 3rd line -if Brodziak can return to last year's form this line will be money.

Role all four lines and base their playing time on who is playing the best. Obviously top players will get extra ice time with pp and pk.


Brodz has looked very pedestrian this year and i'm not entirely sure why. I think he plays better when he's with skill players. It allows him to focus mainly on being responsible defensively.

El Nino22 is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:41 AM
  #998
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
New thread is up.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...php?p=59150409

Fel 96 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.