HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Looking Good

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2006, 09:46 PM
  #1
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,511
vCash: 500
Rangers Looking Good

So much for the headline busting aquisitions but these signings are GREAT!

Rucchin out ----- Cullen In

Poti/Ozo/Strudwick? out ------ Ward In

Poti/Ozo/Struwick? out----- Rachunek In



All improvments for the team and not breaking the bank.

Where do they go from here?

I still think they need another PLAYMAKER other than Jagr to seriously contend

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:09 PM
  #2
sickboy35
Registered User
 
sickboy35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: trenton
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
So much for the headline busting aquisitions but these signings are GREAT!

Rucchin out ----- Cullen In

Poti/Ozo/Strudwick? out ------ Ward In

Poti/Ozo/Struwick? out----- Rachunek In



All improvments for the team and not breaking the bank.

Where do they go from here?


still need some more grit on the blue line and on the forward lines! not saying fighters either, just need guys who aren't afraid to dig out in the corners. just two more and this team is set.

I still think they need another PLAYMAKER other than Jagr to seriously contend

still need some grit in the forward position and on defence, if they can find two gritty players and i wil be very happy with what they have done so far!

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:21 PM
  #3
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
As of this moment I am VERY happy with the signings. We signed two hard working UFAs to replace Rucchin and Strudwick/Poti. Both will fit in perfectly with our team and how it is run.

Rachunek I am thrilled about and I think he will really turn heads. He was already good as a 23 (or 24?) year old with the sens and then he went to RSL and the past year turned into one of the best defensemen in the 2nd best league in the world. I have no doubt he will be a very good top 4 dman for us and he brings a right handed shot on the point for our PP which is another plus.

We have also signed nobody to extreme contracts that we will regret in a few years nor have we threw the bank at anyone.

They still need to resign either Rucinsky or Sykora and then sign another 2nd line player. But if they can't find another 2nd line player then I really wouldn't be upset if we resigned both of them.

Anyway keep it up Glen/Don you guys are doing a great job and i'm already looking forward toward next season.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:44 PM
  #4
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35 View Post
still need some grit in the forward position and on defence, if they can find two gritty players and i wil be very happy with what they have done so far!
Yep, I second that. There are still some guys who I really like out there, Isbister, Petrovicky, Laraque, Simon, Barnaby, Therien, Dingman

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:56 PM
  #5
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 19,427
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
At least you didn't mention Owen Nolan.

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:06 PM
  #6
IanB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
The defense is essentially finished, I dont think they need to bring any more new faces in. Re-sign Tyutin and Strudwick and you have:

1. Ward
2. Malik
3. Kasparaitis
4. Tyutin
5. Rachunek
6. Ozolinsh/Strudwick
7. Strudwick/Ozolinsh
8. Pock/Staal

I dont know about the forwards yet, we'll have to see what they start to do before we make too many predictions. Guys like Moore, Ortmeyer, and Hossa are still there as RFA's.

IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:14 PM
  #7
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe426 View Post
The defense is essentially finished, I dont think they need to bring any more new faces in. Re-sign Tyutin and Strudwick and you have:

1. Ward
2. Malik
3. Kasparaitis
4. Tyutin
5. Rachunek
6. Ozolinsh/Strudwick
7. Strudwick/Ozolinsh
8. Pock/Staal

I dont know about the forwards yet, we'll have to see what they start to do before we make too many predictions. Guys like Moore, Ortmeyer, and Hossa are still there as RFA's.
You have to assume Rozsival will be signed so fit him in the top 6 somewhere and get rid of Ozo/Struds

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:21 PM
  #8
IanB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Well, I heard that he was having trouble coming to an agreement with the Rangers. While he is a great partner for Malik, Strudwick is a grittier player, who is a just plain good teammate.

Chances are, if we re-sign Roszival he is going to be overpaid. He's not the greatest offensively, his +/- was high, but that was it. I dont think he's going to be worth it for us to re-sign.

IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:22 PM
  #9
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
You have to assume Rozsival will be signed so fit him in the top 6 somewhere and get rid of Ozo/Struds
how about this lineup??
id like sather to bring back simon and barnaby then deal hossa and not resign rucinsky or Sykora.

Straka Nylander jagr
prucha immonen Barnaby
Simon Cullen Ward
Hollweg Moore Orts
extra: Orr

its balanced, it has skill speed and grit, something we can use. dealt hossa, betts.

Malik Rozsival
Kasper Tyutin
Pock Ward

Lundqvist
Valaquette

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:24 PM
  #10
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Yep, I second that. There are still some guys who I really like out there, Isbister, Petrovicky, Laraque, Simon, Barnaby, Therien, Dingman
therien ewww lot of flyers hate him. id rather sign cory cross.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:27 PM
  #11
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41 View Post
how about this lineup??
id like sather to bring back simon and barnaby then deal hossa and not resign rucinsky or Sykora.

Straka Nylander jagr
prucha immonen Barnaby
Simon Cullen Ward
Hollweg Moore Orts
extra: Orr

its balanced, it has skill speed and grit, something we can use. dealt hossa, betts.

Malik Rozsival
Kasper Tyutin
Pock Ward

Lundqvist
Valaquette
Where is Rachunek and Weekes? Barnaby on the 2nd line? I'd rather sign rucinsky or sykora to play on the 2nd line. Betts should get playing time before moore, orts and hollweg. And if we're gonna play a kid I would think it would be Staal, unless Pock has a stellar camp

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:27 PM
  #12
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41 View Post
how about this lineup??
id like sather to bring back simon and barnaby then deal hossa and not resign rucinsky or Sykora.

Straka Nylander jagr
prucha immonen Barnaby
Simon Cullen Ward
Hollweg Moore Orts
extra: Orr

its balanced, it has skill speed and grit, something we can use. dealt hossa, betts.

Malik Rozsival
Kasper Tyutin
Pock Ward

Lundqvist
Valaquette
I would love a return or Simon and Barney. I'd go with this though:

Barnaby-Nylander-Jagr
Straka-Immonen-Prucha
Hollweg-Cullen-Ward
Simon-Moore-Orr

Ward-Staal
Kasper-Tyutin
Malik-Liffiton

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:31 PM
  #13
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
I would love a return or Simon and Barney. I'd go with this though:

Barnaby-Nylander-Jagr
Straka-Immonen-Prucha
Hollweg-Cullen-Ward
Simon-Moore-Orr

Ward-Staal
Kasper-Tyutin
Malik-Liffiton
Eh, why break up the first line that had such great success last season? Barnaby is def. not a 1st line player and more then likely not a 2nd line player as well. That would be playing him out of his role as the Rangers did with Holik. And once again where is Rachunek? Liffiton will not make the team next season. I can almost say that with 100% confidence.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:33 PM
  #14
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,148
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Why is everyone putting Ward on our top pairing? Since when did this guy become a #1 defender? If he is the best we have then we are gonna be in big trouble next year. God I hope Staal has a Phaneuf like season.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:35 PM
  #15
IanB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Bring back one of them, maybe, definitely not both.

We need a goal scorer on our second line. You cant expect Barnaby to play fill that role. We'd be better of with Sykora. We need to take some pressure off of Jagr goalscoring-wise.

I'd like something closer to this:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Immonen-Sykora
Barnaby-Cullen-Ward
Hollweg-Moore-Ortmeyer

But I still dont think Immonen should be counted on to be the #2 center. Keep Betts just in case, and keep Hossa for some depth.

IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:38 PM
  #16
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
I would love a return or Simon and Barney. I'd go with this though:

Barnaby-Nylander-Jagr
Straka-Immonen-Prucha
Hollweg-Cullen-Ward
Simon-Moore-Orr

Ward-Staal
Kasper-Tyutin
Malik-Liffiton
yikes barnaby on first line, id rather have simon first line than barnaby. id like us to sign isbister.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:41 PM
  #17
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Eh, why break up the first line that had such great success last season? Barnaby is def. not a 1st line player and more then likely not a 2nd line player as well. That would be playing him out of his role as the Rangers did with Holik. And once again where is Rachunek? Liffiton will not make the team next season. I can almost say that with 100% confidence.

I don't like Rachunek at all. The Rangers played Barnaby with Lindros and Simon as a 2nd line for a few weeks, and the line clicked amazingly. I think the guy can work there with some skilled players

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:42 PM
  #18
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe426 View Post
Bring back one of them, maybe, definitely not both.

We need a goal scorer on our second line. You cant expect Barnaby to play fill that role. We'd be better of with Sykora. We need to take some pressure off of Jagr goalscoring-wise.

I'd like something closer to this:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Immonen-Sykora
Barnaby-Cullen-Ward
Hollweg-Moore-Ortmeyer

But I still dont think Immonen should be counted on to be the #2 center. Keep Betts just in case, and keep Hossa for some depth.
Now this is a lineup that looks good. Keeping that first line together. If Immonen can produce and live up to expectations, that could be a solid 2nd line with a scoring punch. The 3rd line looks great with Barnaby or Simon, a very hard working/hitting line. the HMO line could work with the interchangable players such as Betts and Hossa to provide energy. I think Betts is a center, I would give him the nod over Moore on that line.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:44 PM
  #19
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
I don't like Rachunek at all. The Rangers played Barnaby with Lindros and Simon as a 2nd line for a few weeks, and the line clicked amazingly. I think the guy can work there with some skilled players
Oh alright. I don't think Rachunek is the savior for the Rangers D, but I believe he will be a solid player and contributor next season. Him and Toots on the blueline for the PP should be solid imo

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:45 PM
  #20
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Guys c'on. The rangers signing both Barnaby and Simon is close to impossible IMO. The rangers signing one of them is a longshot at best.

Radek: Ward might not be on the top pairing but I think he could be just as solid as anyone on our defense. Can you pick out our #5/6 defensemen our of our 6...I can't to be frank. He could easily fit in our top 4 IMO.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:51 PM
  #21
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Guys c'on. The rangers signing both Barnaby and Simon is close to impossible IMO. The rangers signing one of them is a longshot at best.

Radek: Ward might not be on the top pairing but I think he could be just as solid as anyone on our defense. Can you pick out our #5/6 defensemen our of our 6...I can't to be frank. He could easily fit in our top 4 IMO.

FlyLine, you wouldn't hope to have one back?

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 12:19 AM
  #22
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
I don't like Rachunek at all. The Rangers played Barnaby with Lindros and Simon as a 2nd line for a few weeks, and the line clicked amazingly. I think the guy can work there with some skilled players
Key words being "a few weeks"

Longer than that, they (Simon and Barnaby) were both in over their heads.

Sykora and Rucinsky are both still out there, and I'd honestly like to see both back.

Provided we get no one else that's not a re-sign:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Immonen-Sykora
Rucinsky-Cullen-Ward
Hollweg-Betts-Ortmeyer

Tyutin-Kasparaitis
Malik-Rachunek
Ward-Staal

I honestly believe that the Rangers problem last season wasn't toughness, but rather depth. The further along the kids in Hartford are, the less that's a problem...

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 12:27 AM
  #23
IanB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Quote:
Bring back one of them, maybe, definitely not both.

We need a goal scorer on our second line. You cant expect Barnaby to play fill that role. We'd be better of with Sykora. We need to take some pressure off of Jagr goalscoring-wise.

I'd like something closer to this:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Immonen-Sykora
Barnaby-Cullen-Ward
Hollweg-Moore-Ortmeyer

But I still dont think Immonen should be counted on to be the #2 center. Keep Betts just in case, and keep Hossa for some depth.
Now this is a lineup that looks good. Keeping that first line together. If Immonen can produce and live up to expectations, that could be a solid 2nd line with a scoring punch. The 3rd line looks great with Barnaby or Simon, a very hard working/hitting line. the HMO line could work with the interchangable players such as Betts and Hossa to provide energy. I think Betts is a center, I would give him the nod over Moore on that line.
Thanks. Also, Cullen and Immonen could potentially switch positions if, say, Cullen's offensive talents show through and/or Immonen's dont. We know when he replaced Rucchin he was never a defensively liability. He works hard, and therefore could fit into that 3rd line center role if need be. That seems to be the reason the Rangers snatched Cullen so fast and for so long - his versatility. He's flexible, and therefore will be a catalyst for Immonen's development.

IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 12:33 AM
  #24
TheZherdev
Registered User
 
TheZherdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,351
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Tawnos;5912654]Key words being "a few weeks"

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Immonen-Sykora
Rucinsky-Cullen-Ward
Hollweg-Betts-Ortmeyer

Tyutin-Kasparaitis
Malik-Rachunek
Ward-Staal


I like that line up a lot. Dawes will play quiet a few games under that line up too. Because i highly doubt we'll be as lucky with our injuries this year.

I havent seen barnaby since he played for us. Be if he still has the legs, he would be a welcom addition if rucinsky or sykora can't be signed. If hes gotten slower, than might as well give the spot to dawes. im starting to see a formation of a line up for next season and it looks strong.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 12:36 AM
  #25
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
I like that line up a lot. Dawes will play quiet a few games under that line up too. Because i highly doubt we'll be as lucky with our injuries this year.
Not only injuries, but what if (don't jump all over me here fellas) Prucha has a sophomore slump?

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.