Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Soccer
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Racism in football

Old
01-04-2013, 02:24 PM
BPR*

vCash: 500
Let's hope he doesn't get hurt this time.

BPR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:39 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Well he shouldn't have kicked the ball at those people, it could have killed them.
hahah well played

but to be real, it could have. who knows.

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

To be real, it should have. If they were one of the guys chanting.

Edonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 05:53 PM
LeftBackLegend

vCash: 400
The racism should be treated as harshly as hooliganism - ban the cnuts, domestically and internationally. And the likes of Zenit should play for empty stands until their fans get the message.

Won't happen though. Printing t-shirts is less hassle.

LeftBackLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 07:40 AM
Alklha

Well done to him for using this opportunity to highlight the issue. But if that was to happen in a competitive match, then it should be the standard 3-0 loss for Milan. The idea that players should always just walk off the pitch is so simplistic that it borders on the moronic.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 02:46 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

He wouldn't have walked off in a Serie A or CL game. It was an easy gesture to make given the occasion and venue.

TheMoreYouKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:32 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Sepp Blatter demonstrating yet again how clueless he is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20926787

Quote:
But Fifa president Sepp Blatter said: "Walk off? That's not the solution."
Quote:
Blatter continued: "I don't think you can run away, because eventually you can run away if you lose a match."

"This is a very touchy subject, but there is zero tolerance of racism in the stadium," Blatter was reported to have said in the Abu Dhabi-based publication The National.
Point deductions harm the team more than the people who the actual perpetrators. If you start chanting racist filth, no more football. Watch how the rest of the crowd shut them up.

No player should take any abuse in any shape or form. Boateng was justified in walking off and I applaud him for that.

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 07:27 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Well done Blatter. Make a fool of yourself.

I like how he says harsh sanctions are the way forward but FIFA/UEFA are always too weak too do so.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 08:57 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

When Silvio Berlusconi has a better sense of values than you, something is wrong:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20935703

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Here we go again.

Quote:
Kevin | Oracolo ‏@OracoloDiCalcio
Disgraceful behaviour by a small part of the #FCDB supporters, making monkey sounds when Jozy Altidore touches the ball. Despicable.
Game was later stopped due to more chants and supporters throwing objects at the refs. (I think it resumed)

Brock Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:35 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
When Silvio Berlusconi has a better sense of values than you, something is wrong:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20935703
i dont think Silvio is really racist

I think he just used racist Italian voters to get to where he is

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:43 PM
HajdukSplit

wait?! This only happens in Russia, Ukraine, Serbia, Bulgaria, Croatia etc...

*yawn*

HajdukSplit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Whose FCDB?

Den Bosch?

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Whose FCDB?

Den Bosch?
Yeah.

Brock Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
wait?! This only happens in Russia, Ukraine, Serbia, Bulgaria, Croatia etc...

*yawn*
My thinking too.

Evilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 06:38 AM
Freak187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Whose FCDB?

Den Bosch?
FC Den Bosch indeed. Really ashamed of my fellow countrymen. Kudo's to Altidore who just said: "play on, I'm not getting out of the way for such losers." And Jozy is totally right.

I don't know why Dutch "fans" are doing this. We have a long history with black/coloured people (many came from former colony Surinam), especially in football where some of the best Dutch players have Surinam roots (Rijkaard, Gullit, Kluivert, Davids, Seedorf etc etc). So its not like they saw a black man play football for the first time....

The people who did this are going the be persecuted.

Freak187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:07 PM
top_gun36
Hometown hero

Quote:
"OK, we are all off to see the family's little n*****. He's a crazy head. All the young ladies are invited as well – you can even have a chance to meet the president [Silvio Berlusconi]."
Paolo Berlusconi AC Milan's Vice President and brother of Silvio Berlusconi

Wonder who he is referring to

top_gun36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:16 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Kevin-Prince Boateng tells United Nations: 'We must confront racism'

Link of the article, with vido of the speech :

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...nations-racism

Old
03-28-2013, 03:06 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

England fans reported for 'racist abuse' of Ferdinand brothers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21970903

Must be people pretending to be English

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 04:18 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Players found guilty of racist offences face a minimum ban of 10 matches, a sanction European governing body UEFA hopes will be adopted by all their 53 members, their general secretary Gianni Infantino said.

Clubs will also face partial closure of stadiums for a first incident of racist abuse by fans and a full closure for a second offence plus far tougher financial penalties.

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:20 PM
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil

I believe racism is a big matter in european soccer. Can't speak for NA.

It may sound wierd, but its there. On the pitch and in the stands. But its racism, what you wanna do about it. It's simply here with us.

Italian clubs with entire corners of the Stadium posing ... SS Napoli, check it out. Black fella didn't want to play for them because he knew the fans reputations and such (the president certainly wasn't too liberal himself :/ ).

I personally despise any racism and find it a grave matter around the spectacle. Racist Skinheads fihting eath other .. why? For what? Made up glory? Nobody pays them, to see them fight each other ... just stupid.

Anyhow ... the is no remidy yet ... so **** Suarez, and **** everybody that messed up the french squad, that is all

NYRFANMANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 06:12 AM
bolt thrower
Danke Bomber Harris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN88 View Post
I believe racism is a big matter in european soccer. Can't speak for NA.

It may sound wierd, but its there. On the pitch and in the stands. But its racism, what you wanna do about it. It's simply here with us.

Italian clubs with entire corners of the stadium posing ... SS Napoli, check it out. Black fella didn't want to play for them because he knew the fans reputations and such (the president certainly wasn't too liberal himself :/ ).

I personally despise any racism and find it a grave matter around the spectacle. Racist Skinheads fihting eath other .. why? For what? Made up glory? Nobody pays them, to see them fight each other ... just stupid.

Anyhow ... the is no remidy yet ... so **** Suarez, and **** everybody that messed up the french squad, that is all
It's SS Lazio not Napoli. The fact with Lazio is that it was Mussolinis club and unfortunately that legacy has remained until today.

Unfortunately you will find racism in every or almost every stadium in Europe. Even my club has a few idiots who like to make the hitler salute and monkey noises when a black player of the opposite team has the ball. Mercifully those idiots are a minority but it's a shame nonetheless. What the hell is going on in these retarded brains??? My team has lots of black players too so do they boo them too???? **** those ********!!! I feel so ashamed to see that this is happening in my stadium. The only sign of relief is that they are a small group.
But the people in charge of the stadium security and fans should take a close look at this problem and take some measure. Ban those mother****ers for life!

What's up with the 88, your year of birth?

bolt thrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 05:17 PM
gary69

Personally, I'm of the the opinion that no words should be a crime in any circumstances whatsoever.

Without exception. No exception for politicians, military etc.

If somebody urges another person to kill someone or threatens to kill someone himself or shout whatever imaginable crime (even racist genocide or whatever), that's not a crime. Only if someone physically actually does something (bodily harm) then it's a crime. And only for that particular person.

Alas, everyone would be responsible for their own actions. There's now hiding behind your commanding officer (in military), your boss , whoever in your peer group told you to perform such things, nor any organization you're part of, only you would be personally responsible for your (physical) actions. No excuses, no hiding behind someone else's back nor blaming anyone else.

In short, responsibility for what YOU did.

Doubt that many current "racists" in football stadiums are actually willing to do this, they're just abusing the current lenient political climate and judiciary system in most (western) countries which often largely diverts the quilt away from the individual.

I sincerely believe this would pretty quickly change the general attitude of people and society to one where everyone would only act in public on what they truly believe and are personally willing to go to prison or even die for. Most "normal" people would quickly become indifferent to whatever catchwords any racist, politician etc. sprouts out from his mouth.

In short, don't try to regulate racism in forms of words or gestures into the oblivion, instead deregulate it and soon people will become indifferent to it and won't pay any attention. It will lose it's appeal.

Of course me being a sceptic, I have no hope this actually happening, since e.g the lawyers, politicians and various organizations (like UEFA and FIFA) actually stand to gain from racism related issues. It gives them perceived importance and posture (and justification for making more money of course), which a lot of people will fall for.

So, unfortunately, racism is here to stay with us until foreseeable future.

gary69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 02:13 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Surprise surprise

Chelsea fans

Benayoun accuses Chelsea fans of racist abuse

Quote:
Chelsea’s Israeli midfielder Yossi Benayoun has said that he suffered anti-Semitic abuse at the hands of the club’s own fans at a recent away match at Liverpool, with supporters calling him “little Jew and worse”.

http://www.france24.com/en/20130602-...s-racist-abuse

Old
06-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary69 View Post
Personally, I'm of the the opinion that no words should be a crime in any circumstances whatsoever.

Without exception. No exception for politicians, military etc.

If somebody urges another person to kill someone or threatens to kill someone himself or shout whatever imaginable crime (even racist genocide or whatever), that's not a crime. Only if someone physically actually does something (bodily harm) then it's a crime. And only for that particular person.

Alas, everyone would be responsible for their own actions. There's now hiding behind your commanding officer (in military), your boss , whoever in your peer group told you to perform such things, nor any organization you're part of, only you would be personally responsible for your (physical) actions. No excuses, no hiding behind someone else's back nor blaming anyone else.

In short, responsibility for what YOU did.
You are wrong on so many levels. Most of the time, the opposite is true.

Edonator is offline   Reply With Quote