HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers re-assign forward Mark Arcobello to OKC (Feb. 7th)

Old
02-05-2013, 07:06 PM
topchowda

vCash: 500
I might actually think about putting Arcobello with Hall and Eberle for a game if Ebs and Hall are doing well. Heres why:

Eberle and Hall would carry the line, Arcobello would get thrown to the wolves but hed have two very good linemates who he has some chemistry with.

This frees up RNH to play on the 3rd line. I like the idea to put him there not because his play has been bad but because it would spread out scoring and hed help out smyth in scoring some goals.

I would also like to have a line of Hart-RNH-MPS. Harti and Mps are good at cycling the puck and playing physical, this would work to RNHs game who plays great in those tight situations using his hockey sense. Him and MPS might work well together to

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:07 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
They're both small. That's pretty much where the similarities end.
Really? Aren't they both good skaters, pretty good touch around the net (at least at the AHL level), hard workers... Granted I have not seen much of Arcobello but that was the impression I got.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:10 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
I might actually think about putting Arcobello with Hall and Eberle for a game if Ebs and Hall are doing well. Heres why:

Eberle and Hall would carry the line, Arcobello would get thrown to the wolves but hed have two very good linemates who he has some chemistry with.

This frees up RNH to play on the 3rd line. I like the idea to put him there not because his play has been bad but because it would spread out scoring and hed help out smyth in scoring some goals.

I would also like to have a line of Hart-RNH-MPS. Harti and Mps are good at cycling the puck and playing physical, this would work to RNHs game who plays great in those tight situations using his hockey sense. Him and MPS might work well together to
Sounds like Eager is back next game, which means Paajarvi is gone back to OKC.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:22 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Damn, i actaully liked MPS's game this year. But then again it was a classic 3rd liners game (speed and energy). I rather have a career 3/4th liner (eager) do that role and let MPS develop a more rounded game in OKC

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Van Buren View Post
We should put Gagner on the 2nd line, and use the ocean of tears that follows to help those without a clean source of water.

Thoughts?

You mean LEAVE him on the 2nd line, right?

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Are you sure? Did they not put some on IR..Belanger maybe? I'm asking cause I haven't heard.,Plus, Peckham went to OKC today..if that matters.

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Exactly. With a side dish of "hey Gagner, WTF you doing being over PPG? We just gave you a one year contract and now have to renegotiate, so enjoy playing with 3rd line for awhile, sucks to be you, haha."

What a clown outfit this org is. A player is successful and its time to demote. Quick!
I think you're confusing the organization with this board. You seem a little confused here Replacement.

Aren't you getting enough sleep?

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
I think you're confusing the organization with this board. You seem a little confused here Replacement.

Aren't you getting enough sleep?

People on this board have a lot of power and are super smart and in tune with these things, don't you know?

Old
02-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilfan2 View Post
Are you sure? Did they not put some on IR..Belanger maybe? I'm asking cause I haven't heard.,Plus, Peckham went to OKC today..if that matters.

Unauthorized reports are saying Eager is likely in as early as tomorrow night. Belanger could be in this weekend. That probably means PRV gets sent down, as he doesn't have to clear waivers.

Old
02-05-2013, 07:54 PM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneman89 View Post
you mean leave him on the 2nd line, right?
I mean send him to mother ****ing STOCKTON.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
I mean send him to mother ****ing STOCKTON.
Tell us how you really feel about Gagner.

Old
02-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
Nuge's game is fine. Despite the score sheet he's been substantially better than Gagner.

Sometimes the puck just doesn't go in, sometimes a ref blows it and calls one back, sometimes the goalie makes a tremendous save. Over the short term it happens, in the long term players that generate lots of chances (like Nuge has been) will put up points.
His defense has been good but his offensive game is certainly not as good as it was last season, he hasn't created as much as he did last year by my eye. In saying that he's even better defensively and in board battles. The Nuge hasn't been awful by any means but not so good he can't reasonably play a few games with a guy like Ryan Smyth. It's really not the slight you make it out to be. Balancing the roster out after two critical injuries isn't so unreasonable.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Senor Catface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Tell us how you really feel about Gagner.
I like Gagner! I just think how defensive Gagner fanboys is beyond funny.

Old
02-05-2013, 08:32 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
His defense has been good but his offensive game is certainly not as good as it was last season, he hasn't created as much as he did last year by my eye. In saying that he's even better defensively and in board battles. The Nuge hasn't been awful by any means but not so good he can't reasonably play a few games with a guy like Ryan Smyth. It's really not the slight you make it out to be. Balancing the roster out after two critical injuries isn't so unreasonable.

Tighter checking and better competition this year. Last year, the Nuge got sheltered a fair bit by Renney. Played 2nd fiddle on the road and didn't do much. Got the favourable matchups at home and took advantage of them. This year, Krueger has made him the man. 1st line minutes, run the PP on the first unit. Of course, this means a steady diet now of the Joe Thorton's and Sedins of the world along with the best checkers. This is just an adjustment period to the next level in his playing career. He'll be fine. Everyone just needs to be patient.

Old
02-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
I like Gagner! I just think how defensive Gagner fanboys is beyond funny.

Yup. And you can include the man-love for Gilbert from one poster in particular.

Old
02-05-2013, 08:36 PM
Spawn

Pleasantly surprised by the move. Arcobello is certainly the best center down in OKC right now. Better than Vandevelde certainly. Who knows, maybe he can spark some offense in the bottom 6 while he is here.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Senor Catface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Yup. And you can include the man-love for Gilbert from one poster in particular.
To be fair, Gilbert has the hair of a Saxon prince.

Old
02-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

vCash: 0
Anyone know if Arcobello has to clear on the way down? I am almost pretty sure VV does.

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Senor Catface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedling View Post
Anyone know if Arcobello has to clear on the way down? I am almost pretty sure VV does.
Would anyone in the NHL notice if VV was on waivers?

Old
02-05-2013, 08:58 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
I think it's amusing when people complain about the offense not clicking then we bring up a guy who has scored before and then complain again...
I think its amusing that some people will lap up whatever this organization sets before them and call it cream.

Quote:
We should put Gagner on the 2nd line, and use the ocean of tears that follows to help those without a clean source of water.

Thoughts?
Gagner is already on the 2nd line. And tears aren't clean.

Last edited by harpoon: 02-05-2013 at 09:05 PM.
harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

Quote:
Would anyone in the NHL notice if VV was on waivers?
You know how our management thinks right?

Old
02-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Burnt Biscuits

I like Arco and enjoyed watching him play for the Barons and I will be cheering for him to do well, but I don't think he is the answer to our center issues. I am hoping that Tambellini has the good sense to address the issue and is working the phones as I type this, I am not expecting some great acquisition merely someone with experience who is adequate in a 4th line center role and atleast close to a 50-50 chance to win a face-off and can help kill the odd penalty, I'd suspect this would not cost much more than a 5th round pick.

Burnt Biscuits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:21 PM
SephF
Visually Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
Really? Aren't they both good skaters, pretty good touch around the net (at least at the AHL level), hard workers... Granted I have not seen much of Arcobello but that was the impression I got.
Reddox and Arcobello are totally different players. Arco is kind of a smaller Sam Gagner... He actually has pretty good hands but not the greatest speed and size is obviously an issue. He's a crafty playmaking center, not a speedy energy winger like Reddox.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

You can't put Arcobello with Hall and Eberle, purely because if we do, who is going to play the tough minutes against opposing teams top lines?

RNH, Hall, and Eberle have been playing the other teams top lines for the most part so far this season. This might work on the road where you lose the ability to line match, but I just don't think so...

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Reddox and Arcobello are totally different players. Arco is kind of a smaller Sam Gagner... He actually has pretty good hands but not the greatest speed and size is obviously an issue. He's a crafty playmaking center, not a speedy energy winger like Reddox.
Wow. Way to build him up. ".. A smaller Sam Gagner....not speedy.. "

I think everyone will sleep better knowing this.