HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Well... It WAS Pardy time ...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2013, 09:12 PM
  #1
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,105
vCash: 500
Well... It WAS Pardy time ...

G-
Myers looked better
Pardy looked decent


B-
Faceoffs
O zone time


U-
Neil

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:13 PM
  #2
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES
 
JOHNBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,143
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
They played like crap most of the game...

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:14 PM
  #3
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,853
vCash: 500
Worst... Game...s..

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:14 PM
  #4
dma0034
Registered User
 
dma0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 600
G:
Pardy
Myers

B:
First Period and Second Period

U:
Faceoffs.... but hey not like they cost you goals or lose you game.

dma0034 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:15 PM
  #5
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,192
vCash: 500
May 6th, 2007

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:15 PM
  #6
barcs
Registered User
 
barcs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 500
No emotion. This is the culture.

barcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:15 PM
  #7
indigoo
Registered User
 
indigoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 645
vCash: 500
Not even sure what to say anymore folks. Not even sure.

indigoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:16 PM
  #8
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"
 
TakeThatTootoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
Ugly:

Enroth extends his losing streak from November 26, 2011.

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:16 PM
  #9
sabresfan129103
Registered User
 
sabresfan129103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Amherst, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,796
vCash: 500
Enroth has now lost 14 in a row I think. LOL

sabresfan129103 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:17 PM
  #10
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,105
vCash: 500
I don't know where to look for this crap but... How did our centers do on faceoffs tonight?

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:17 PM
  #11
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
Enroth has now lost 14 in a row I think. LOL
We need. NEED a competent back up or else Miller will now play 5938838472 in a row

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:18 PM
  #12
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,192
vCash: 500
2102 days

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:19 PM
  #13
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering
 
S319R11S16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,996
vCash: 500
OH MY GOD RT @DaveDavisHockey: Jhonas Enroth was 16-4-2 in his first 22 decisions in the NHL. In his last 17 decisions, he's 1-12-4.

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:19 PM
  #14
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"
 
TakeThatTootoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I don't know where to look for this crap but... How did our centers do on faceoffs tonight?
29% if I'm not mistaken. Hodgson was the best. 8 for 10.

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:19 PM
  #15
Dixon Ward
Fire SOMEONE
 
Dixon Ward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: District of Columbia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I don't know where to look for this crap but... How did our centers do on faceoffs tonight?
8 33%
9 20%
19 44%
25 17%
63 29%


Dixon Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:20 PM
  #16
sabresfan129103
Registered User
 
sabresfan129103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Amherst, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I don't know where to look for this crap but... How did our centers do on faceoffs tonight?
Look at the box score on NHL.com. It gives you the fo % for each player.

sabresfan129103 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:20 PM
  #17
kirby11
Registered User
 
kirby11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 1,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I don't know where to look for this crap but... How did our centers do on faceoffs tonight?
15/37.
The good: Hodgson was 8/10.
The bad: Everyone else was 7/27.

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:21 PM
  #18
Kc232
Hi
 
Kc232's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 680
vCash: 500
Even though it should happen now, if this type of play goes on for another 4-5 games I can't see how Ruff can stay.

Kc232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:22 PM
  #19
chadthestampede
The Humanoid Typhoon
 
chadthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 769
vCash: 500
I'm going to get crucified for this but I don't think Enroth was the problem tonight. Putting a cold backup goalie behind a lackluster defense and expecting him to be Vezina caliber is the Buffalo way, though.

chadthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:22 PM
  #20
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
15/37.
The good: Hodgson was 8/10.
The bad: Everyone else was 7/27.
Well that's a positive sign for CoHo. Hope it continues.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:23 PM
  #21
sba
....
 
sba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Islip Terrace, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,093
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kc232 View Post
Even though it should happen now, if this type of play goes on for another 4-5 games I can't see how Ruff can stay.
This type of play has gone on for 3 years (maybe longer)

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:23 PM
  #22
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,820
vCash: 500
G:
Myers-Pardy
Top 5 pick looks likely

B: most of this team

U: ruff
Faceoffs

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:25 PM
  #23
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 26,763
vCash: 500
Good:

- Myers with his second strong game in a row
- Stafford looking much better
- Pardy looking okay
- Grigorenko with another solid performance, given where he started. At least he's coming around. I've seen a few people continue to say he looks awful, and I disagree with that big-time. He looks like a rookie center adjusting to the vast differences of the NHL when compared to MJ. He looks more and more dangerous.

Bad:

- Foligno...nonchalance and complacency galore. He was the dead weight on that line tonight
- Brennan is here for one basic reason: apparently, he has a good shot. Fulton Reed's 1 outta 5 isn't a "good shot". It's a hard shot. Inaccuracy diminishes any shred of decency with regards to shooting

Ugly:

- Add "backup goaltender" to the list of needs...holy hell
- You have Cody Hodgson out to take the faceoff in the offensive zone down a goal with 25 seconds left. I understand he's our best regular center on draws, but in the small sample we've seen (and it is indeed abysmal), Ott seems like the only one capable of winning an important faceoff. Net empty, you put VHP on the ice, and your 6th man is your best faceoff guy. It has to be Ott. I don't care how many draws Hodgson won this game. He's not a good guy at the dot.




What happened to Sulzer in the second period? I don't recall seeing him much...all game, for that matter. Was he benched? Didn't hear the Sabres broadcast say anything

jBuds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:27 PM
  #24
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks
 
Rivet52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,826
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Good:

- Myers with his second strong game in a row
- Stafford looking much better
- Pardy looking okay
- Grigorenko with another solid performance, given where he started. At least he's coming around. I've seen a few people continue to say he looks awful, and I disagree with that big-time. He looks like a rookie center adjusting to the vast differences of the NHL when compared to MJ. He looks more and more dangerous.

Bad:

- Foligno...nonchalance and complacency galore. He was the dead weight on that line tonight
- Brennan is here for one basic reason: apparently, he has a good shot. Fulton Reed's 1 outta 5 isn't a "good shot". It's a hard shot. Inaccuracy diminishes any shred of decency with regards to shooting

Ugly:

- Add "backup goaltender" to the list of needs...holy hell
- You have Cody Hodgson out to take the faceoff in the offensive zone down a goal with 25 seconds left. I understand he's our best regular center on draws, but in the small sample we've seen (and it is indeed abysmal), Ott seems like the only one capable of winning an important faceoff. Net empty, you put VHP on the ice, and your 6th man is your best faceoff guy. It has to be Ott. I don't care how many draws Hodgson won this game. He's not a good guy at the dot.




What happened to Sulzer in the second period? I don't recall seeing him much...all game, for that matter. Was he benched? Didn't hear the Sabres broadcast say anything
Thank you. Good Lord, I don't seem to understand any argument that supports the decision to not have Ott out there.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:28 PM
  #25
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 26,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadthestampede View Post
I'm going to get crucified for this but I don't think Enroth was the problem tonight. Putting a cold backup goalie behind a lackluster defense and expecting him to be Vezina caliber is the Buffalo way, though.
Vezina caliber? How about "non-paraplegic"? You're playing him against what is arguably one of the weaker offensive teams in the league without Spezza. You expect him to make routine saves - which he did not do.

jBuds is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.