Notices

Kane. Love ? Hate ?

Old
02-05-2013, 09:49 PM
RustedFox
ECHL ** NHL.

vCash: 500
Kane. Love ? Hate ?

Disclaimer: The Jets are not my primary team. I was born in Pittsburgh, live in Tampa Bay, have close buddies that are mostly Flames fans (and thus, also like Calgary), and I have been following the Jets since their return to Winnipeg. I come in peace. I like the Jets. A lot.

I have to ask the real Jets fans out there.... What about Kane ?

Sure, he's a good player. Proven goal-scorer. Offensive weapon.

He also likes to do things like take (dis)interesting pictures involving MoneyTelephones and shave "YMCMB" into his hair.

That nonsense drives me crazy.

Thoughts ?

Remember: I come in peace.

RustedFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:57 PM
CorgisPer60
Barking at the net

vCash: 50
You're not alone in your thoughts, but honestly, shaving acronyms into his head and taking suspect twitter photos are barely worth mentioning. He's not publicly getting drunk and banging fat frat girls, driving drunk, or killing people. If he backs up his swagger, then leave him be.

CorgisPer60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:01 PM
GoJetsGo55

vCash: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustedFox View Post
Disclaimer: The Jets are not my primary team. I was born in Pittsburgh, live in Tampa Bay, have close buddies that are mostly Flames fans (and thus, also like Calgary), and I have been following the Jets since their return to Winnipeg. I come in peace. I like the Jets. A lot.

I have to ask the real Jets fans out there.... What about Kane ?

Sure, he's a good player. Proven goal-scorer. Offensive weapon.

He also likes to do things like take (dis)interesting pictures involving MoneyTelephones and shave "YMCMB" into his hair.

That nonsense drives me crazy.

Thoughts ?

Remember: I come in peace.
My thoughts are that if a 21 year old kids haircut drives you crazy, it's not the 21 year old with the issues.

He's 21 and he has money and fame. Let the kid live his life. He's not hurting anyone.

GoJetsGo55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:03 PM
GoJetsGo55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
You're not alone in your thoughts, but honestly, shaving acronyms into his head and taking suspect twitter photos are barely worth mentioning. He's not publicly getting drunk and banging fat frat girls, driving drunk, or killing people. If he backs up his swagger, then leave him be.
Bingo!

Old
02-05-2013, 10:03 PM
gholas
UnRegistered UnUser

Everything's good with him, but he sucks at passing.

gholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Hank Chinaski
Global Moderator
No mistakes...

On-ice? Kane is an incredibly exciting player who is one of the few (only?) difference makers among the Jets forwards. His hockey IQ and vision is questionable, and he could be described as somewhat one-dimensional, but that dimension (basically a north-south power forward who drives the net, pounces on loose pucks, and shoots in volume) is outstanding. He's going to be a consistent 30 goal player for years to come, and those guys don't grow on trees.

Off-ice? Who cares. He does some goofy ****, but that seriously does not interest me in the slightest. He hasn't broken the law. Maybe he's a jerk, who knows, but I seriously don't care unless he's a true cancer and divisive force in the locker room. You may call it nonsense, others may call it personality, to each their own.

I realize you come in peace, but this has been a topic that has been completely beaten to death around here. Anyhow, those are my thoughts, others mileage may vary.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RustedFox
ECHL ** NHL.

Fair arguments. That's why I asked the question; to get good answers.

There's also the skipping out on checks/not tipping/dunno what else he does. That behavior doesn't exactly endear you to your fanbase.

Old
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 6085
I lurv him. He's one of the deadliest players off the rush.

But like gholas said, his passing often leaves something to be desired.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:07 PM
RustedFox
ECHL ** NHL.

Quote:
Was watching the Superbowl with a buddy of mine when the power went out. He looked at me and said: "Do you think that Ray Lewis just killed the lights?"

Old
02-05-2013, 10:08 PM
CorgisPer60
Barking at the net

Quote:

There's also the skipping out on checks/not tipping/dunno what else he does. That behavior doesn't exactly endear you to your fanbase.
That was a rumour started on facebook. It's amazing how one sign creates so much needless controversy.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Duke749
Formerly "BigTuna49"

vCash: 615
Lets just say, Kane could do a lot worse things off the ice.

But yeah, Hank summed the rest up pretty good. I'll reframe from repeating. Lol

Duke749 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:09 PM
CorgisPer60
Barking at the net

Quote:
Was watching the Superbowl with a buddy of mine when the power went out. He looked at me and said: "Do you think that Ray Lewis just killed the lights?"
Oh god, I nearly died from that one.

Old
GoJetsGo55

Quote:

I hear ya on the...."*************" but so far all of those stories have been rumors....to my knowledge anyway.

Old
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:

All that has proven to be made up BS on Twitter. There has been exactly zero things even close to confirmed about any kind of illegal or cancerous activity from Kane.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
SensibleGuy

Quote:

lol, welcome to 8 months ago...

SensibleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 6085
Quote:

I haven't really noticed any of those things. He's strong on the forecheck and hasn't had as much tunnel-vision this season. I really like the fact he'll continuously pound in on the forecheck. I've seen other d-men key in on him relentlessly in some games and I've never seen Kane quit. In fact Kane often comes back harder and tries to land some hits of his own.

I also haven't seen much poor defensive play from him as I've seen him cover for pinching defenseman (happened tonight on our 4 on 3 PP) and in Noel's system most of the defensive checks are the centers responsibilty. He covers the dman and so far I haven't seen any glaring errors. Only poor defensive play is he makes some Ladd-esque passing decisions around the blueline which lead to chances for the opposition.

Lmfao edit: I just realized by "Checks/tipping" you meant restaurant BS. I thought you meant defensive checks and tipping the puck in front of the net. I guess that just goes to show I don't really give a crap about the off the ice garbage/libel/slander that goes on with him. He's a great on the ice product period. No trouble with the law either, so that's the extent of how much I care about his personal life.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:12 PM
CorgisPer60
Barking at the net

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensibleGuy View Post
lol, welcome to 8 months ago...
That happened early last season in Ottawa. More like 13 months ago.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:15 PM
ghost88*

Kane = GOAT.

I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

ghost88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:20 PM
sully1410
#EggosForEleven

vCash: 127
I love Kaner man. The guy is priceless, and despite what all these other guys say, he's really developing into an all around offensive player and playing less selfishly(for lack of a better term). It's really only going to get better.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:21 PM
RustedFox
ECHL ** NHL.

Quote:
That happened early last season in Ottawa. More like 13 months ago.
8 months, 13 months, whatever. I've never posted in this forum before. I've gotta catch up on a lot of history here. Its worth mentioning here if you're me, and you want opinions from the real Winnipeg-gers.

Like I said; I'm not from your place - the Jets aren't even my number-one team. I wanna hear what the real fans think.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:23 PM
RustedFox
ECHL ** NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Lmfao edit: I just realized by "Checks/tipping" you meant restaurant BS. I thought you meant defensive checks and tipping the puck in front of the net. I guess that just goes to show I don't really give a crap about the off the ice garbage/libel/slander that goes on with him. He's a great on the ice product period. No trouble with the law either, so that's the extent of how much I care about his personal life.
I re-read my post after you posted. You beat me to the punch.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:31 PM
BigZ65

He's gotta know by now that attention-seeking behaviour is going to get attention in Winnipeg. I find it annoying when he seeks attention and then complains when he gets it. I'm a high school teacher and he reminds me a lot of the kids in grade 9. Most of them grow out of it by the time they are in grade 10, I guess he missed out on that phase of development.

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:31 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gholas View Post
Everything's good with him, but he sucks at passing.
His passes are usually crisp, but they aren't always to the right play or right team for that matter.

Hopefully the game slows down for him a little in that regard.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:32 PM
ps241
Gordie Baby ❤️

Quote:
8 months, 13 months, whatever. I've never posted in this forum before. I've gotta catch up on a lot of history here. Its worth mentioning here if you're me, and you want opinions from the real Winnipeg-gers.

Like I said; I'm not from your place - the Jets aren't even my number-one team. I wanna hear what the real fans think.
if it seems like anyone is being short we have gone around the track a few times on this topic and you are getting a good cross section of the varied viewpoints.

One other positive I would like to point out is he signed the fat contract this summer and I was a bit concerned about the post contract fallout but his intensity level has been excellant for the most part. glad the money didn't impact his compete level and drive. He drew the key penalty in overtime off a hustle play that eventually led to a PP goal after some painfully bad attempts.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:33 PM
broinwhyteridge

This? Again? Still?

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote