HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

If everyone here votes for the same 3 stars...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2013, 10:08 PM
  #1
snakeye
Registered User
 
snakeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,782
vCash: 500
If everyone here votes for the same 3 stars...

Could we affect the outcome? We should have a multiple choice poll open during the game, and by the end we would have our three stars ready to text in. How many are we in the montreal section?

edit: for those who don't know, the 3 stars are picked by the fans this season, making the vote more of a popularity contest than the selection of the 3 best players of each game. Galchenyuk is great and all, but there's a trophy to be won, and it should go to the player that's the most deserving, not to the "chouchou des fans".


Last edited by snakeye: 02-05-2013 at 10:14 PM.
snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:09 PM
  #2
Digger03
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London,ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Just about to head to bed but this idea is GOLD JERRY ! GOLD !

Digger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:09 PM
  #3
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,010
vCash: 500
I don't know how many fans would get in on that, but I wouldn't. No matter how flawed the system may be, you don't purposedly try to make your organization look bad.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:28 AM
  #4
Pr3Va1L
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
I don't know how many fans would get in on that, but I wouldn't. No matter how flawed the system may be, you don't purposedly try to make your organization look bad.

Actually, I think the plan is to try and keep it from looking bad.

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:58 AM
  #5
snakeye
Registered User
 
snakeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L View Post
Actually, I think the plan is to try and keep it from looking bad.
Yup exactly.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 06:59 AM
  #6
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 2,922
vCash: 500
Every game: vote for Tomas Kaberle

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:07 AM
  #7
SeriousHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,661
vCash: 500
We won't be able to affect the final count. More importantly, no one has ever cared about the three stars selection. It has never been an issue.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:16 AM
  #8
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,304
vCash: 74
I no have cellular phone.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:18 AM
  #9
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive
 
FuzzyWuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
I no have cellular phone.
Theres a website you can vote from, i think its the habs' NHL website but i aint sure...

This idea is decent, provided we all come up with a consensus on the 3 stars.

FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:21 AM
  #10
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,006
vCash: 500
Players are booed and heckled on a nightly basis in visiting arenas. I don't think they really give a **** who gets voted what star at a home game.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:02 PM
  #11
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 1,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
We won't be able to affect the final count. More importantly, no one has ever cared about the three stars selection. It has never been an issue.
Normally I would agree but I am somewhat tired of seeing:

1. Galchenyuk
2. Galchenyuk
3. Galchenyuk!

Don’t get me wrong, the kid is a Gem and a clear “Untouchable” but, for instance, a guy like Gallagher is way ahead of him in his development curve. Their line is receiving easy minutes (and contrary to Pacioretty, Cole and Desharnais in 2011-12, our rookies are not facing our opponents’ top D pairing + shutdown line) but Gallagher, contrary to 18 years old Galchenyuk, could already play against tougher completion imo.

Long story short: us, the fans, giving the Molson cup to Galchenyuk is a little bit weird imo. Frankly, half the team deserve it more than him. No big deal but somewhat annoying: we do know our hockey right?

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:17 PM
  #12
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!
 
Gabe84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Normally I would agree but I am somewhat tired of seeing:

1. Galchenyuk
2. Galchenyuk
3. Galchenyuk!

Don’t get me wrong, the kid is a Gem and a clear “Untouchable” but, for instance, a guy like Gallagher is way ahead of him in his development curve. Their line is receiving easy minutes (and contrary to Pacioretty, Cole and Desharnais in 2011-12, our rookies are not facing our opponents’ top D pairing + shutdown line) but Gallagher, contrary to 18 years old Galchenyuk, could already play against tougher completion imo.

Long story short: us, the fans, giving the Molson cup to Galchenyuk is a little bit weird imo. Frankly, half the team deserve it more than him. No big deal but somewhat annoying: we do know our hockey right?
You've been on this board long enough to know otherwise.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:27 PM
  #13
The Russian General
Força Portugal
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 11,653
vCash: 500
We should vote Budaj every night.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:28 PM
  #14
Ollie Williams
Registered User
 
Ollie Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,922
vCash: 167
Let's test it out. Everyone should put two legitimate 1st and 2nd stars, and we will put someone who is scratched as the 3rd star.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:29 PM
  #15
boris4c
Registered User
 
boris4c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
I like the idea.

Do you need to be in the Montreal area in order to vote? I live in Ottawa.

boris4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:32 PM
  #16
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
This Molson Cup thing is ridiculous, unless it is awarded to the MOST POPULAR player of the month.

Price was definitely the BEST player of the first 8 games.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:33 PM
  #17
Burke the Legend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,713
vCash: 2615
I wouldn't be surprised if the organization just ignored fan votes and just boost the guys they feel are best for marketing purposes. So they are pumping Galchenyuk as a young superstar to create buzz for the CH again which has been slacking in this town the past 2 seasons thus lowering ticket demand & TV ratings.

So even if a large group of organized fan trolls actually got Kaberle into the top 3 they would just see it and laugh and put Galchenyuk, Subban or Price in there instead. How would anyone ever be able to find out?

Burke the Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:40 PM
  #18
StellerEller
Canada's Team
 
StellerEller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,003
vCash: 100
count me in!

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 02:43 PM
  #19
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Could we affect the outcome? We should have a multiple choice poll open during the game, and by the end we would have our three stars ready to text in. How many are we in the montreal section?

edit: for those who don't know, the 3 stars are picked by the fans this season, making the vote more of a popularity contest than the selection of the 3 best players of each game. Galchenyuk is great and all, but there's a trophy to be won, and it should go to the player that's the most deserving, not to the "chouchou des fans".
It's actually an interesting idea, and if people participate, my bet is that we could significantly affect the outcome.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:18 PM
  #20
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,188
vCash: 50
I really hate the process of fans choosing the 3 stars, maybe we should all get together and vote for the unlikeliest player to get the star i.e Colby Armstrong in a game where he has no points, only 9 mins played with no fights and a -1 rating. Then maybe they'd stop doing it and go back to have better selections instead.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:20 PM
  #21
habsfanatics
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
So far, I'd take Pleks as the MVP, Toss up for Markov and price for 2nd.

Pleks does way too many positive things on the ice. To me, he's easily one of top 3 or 4 pkers in the league.

He's been killing it so far.

habsfanatics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:49 PM
  #22
boris4c
Registered User
 
boris4c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
I really hate the process of fans choosing the 3 stars, maybe we should all get together and vote for the unlikeliest player to get the star i.e Colby Armstrong in a game where he has no points, only 9 mins played with no fights and a -1 rating. Then maybe they'd stop doing it and go back to have better selections instead.
This reminds me of Rory Fitzpatrick and the All-Star Game voting.

boris4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:13 PM
  #23
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
I really hate the process of fans choosing the 3 stars, maybe we should all get together and vote for the unlikeliest player to get the star i.e Colby Armstrong in a game where he has no points, only 9 mins played with no fights and a -1 rating. Then maybe they'd stop doing it and go back to have better selections instead.
THAT would be screwing with the system. Lets make it right instead.

We don't even need to all vote for the same guys (although suggestions are good). If knowledged fans make a habit of actually voting for the right players, the rds talkback fanboys will stop putting their god of the month as 1st star.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.