HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

2012-2013 Phoenix Coyotes Roster

Old
02-04-2013, 04:33 PM
XX
... Waiting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri View Post
With the coyotes recent track of signing College and CHL free agents, do you think there is a chance we take a run at signing Rylan Schwartz after his season at Colorado College is over? I've seen a few of his games on Altitude sports network and have been impressed. Seems like a pretty good playmaker.
Miele hasn't exactly been worked into the roster. I don't think it's an advantage. Having essentially one center in the system worth damn is. I don't know who 'calls the shots' when it comes to college signings, but someone needs to answer for missing on Cory Conacher. Small guys with a motor are the future of the NHL. The size obsession isn't relevant anymore. Montreal got a pretty damn good player in the 5th round in Brendan Gallagher. Desharnais has scored 60 pts in this league. Ennis and Gerbe are solid players for Buffalo.

I wouldn't consider size when evaluating a guy. It distorts things. Give me skating, smarts and raw skill.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:26 AM
RafaNadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Miele hasn't exactly been worked into the roster. I don't think it's an advantage. Having essentially one center in the system worth damn is. I don't know who 'calls the shots' when it comes to college signings, but someone needs to answer for missing on Cory Conacher. Small guys with a motor are the future of the NHL. The size obsession isn't relevant anymore. Montreal got a pretty damn good player in the 5th round in Brendan Gallagher. Desharnais has scored 60 pts in this league. Ennis and Gerbe are solid players for Buffalo.

I wouldn't consider size when evaluating a guy. It distorts things. Give me skating, smarts and raw skill.
But he is small and an offense first type of player. He would have been buried in portland under Tipp.

RafaNadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

We actually probably need to trade Miele to Tampa for a pick, the little guys look like they thrive over there and Miele isn't going to be getting very much time with us on the big club unless there is a lot of injury issues.

Sindiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Per MHJ, looks like Bolduc is on waivers

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Bandit34

Rundblad was sent back down too according to AHL transaction page. I thought we would need him since Schlemko is out. Hmmm???

Bandit34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:30 PM
RafaNadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit34 View Post
Rundblad was sent back down too according to AHL transaction page. I thought we would need him since Schlemko is out. Hmmm???
This makes absolutely no sense. They don't play him and let him sit in the pressbox for 4 games, and then they send him down when Schlemkos is out? What kind of signals does that send. Talk about mishandling a prospect.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Quote:
I would guess Klesla is ready to go then. Hope Rundblad is ok with all the moving around cause it may be this way all year for him.

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 01:35 PM
RafaNadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceva Sct View Post
I would guess Klesla is ready to go then. Hope Rundblad is ok with all the moving around cause it may be this way all year for him.
Or Summers/Gormley up?

Old
02-05-2013, 01:46 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrollhunter View Post
This makes absolutely no sense. They don't play him and let him sit in the pressbox for 4 games, and then they send him down when Schlemkos is out? What kind of signals does that send. Talk about mishandling a prospect.
No ****. Rundblad has every reason to hate the Coyotes right now. Remember that they gave him a spot out of camp, openly praised him and now this.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:32 PM
RafaNadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
No ****. Rundblad has every reason to hate the Coyotes right now. Remember that they gave him a spot out of camp, openly praised him and now this.
Yes, and playing good hockey aswell! The few minutes he has been allowed to play... but i guess they have a plan. hopefully.

Old
02-05-2013, 02:45 PM
doaner

Trade?

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 02:52 PM
knowsthegame

Regarding Miele, you can't tell from one game what a player's NHL potential is. Can you imagine if you had to decide if Shane Doan was an elite player if you only watched him in one of the last couple of games?
By the way, Shane needs to start to bring it. He has looked really sluggish and out of shape - losing puck battles along the boards that he would usually win.

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Vest interviewing Maloney on first 10 games:

http://video.coyotes.nhl.com/videoce...ed-share-video

Nothing major. Says Lambo is ahead of schedule, is skating and handling pucks. Mentions Boeds as an unsung player being the most consistent player to this point through all the games.

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Bandit34

We finally have our answer as to why Rundblad was sent down. The coyotes called up Chris Summers.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=654284

Bandit34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 05:36 PM
XX
... Waiting

Rundblad and Stone need playing time. Can't do that with both on the roster. So it makes sense to bring Summers up.

Old
02-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Also, they're both right-hand shots. Summers is a lefty and has paid his dues in the AHL.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 06:36 PM
cobra427

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
Regarding Miele, you can't tell from one game what a player's NHL potential is. Can you imagine if you had to decide if Shane Doan was an elite player if you only watched him in one of the last couple of games?
By the way, Shane needs to start to bring it. He has looked really sluggish and out of shape - losing puck battles along the boards that he would usually win.
Agreed...I think Shane looks old, out of shape, or both. He seems invisible sometimes....

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:18 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceva Sct View Post
Vest interviewing Maloney on first 10 games:

http://video.coyotes.nhl.com/videoce...ed-share-video

Nothing major. Says Lambo is ahead of schedule, is skating and handling pucks. Mentions Boeds as an unsung player being the most consistent player to this point through all the games.
Great news about Lombo. No panick trades required (as if GMDM had made even a single one).

Also, I'm thrilled Summers is up. Can't wait to see him play.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:32 PM
cobra427

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Great news about Lombo. No panick trades required (as if GMDM had made even a single one).

Also, I'm thrilled Summers is up. Can't wait to see him play.
Agreed...I like our team right now and would like it better if Lombardi and Klesla were healthy. Schlemko has bad luck, we will miss him but glad our depth in D is there....

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:40 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Yandle looked better last night, too. He looked a bit like he was sick and tired of over thinking and played with a little bit more good old fashioned instinct. I hope this is a sign of things to come. This ridiculous 48 game season might actually be a blessing in disguise. With the litany of completely assured injuries all nine of OEL, Yandle, DMo, Z, Rusty, Schlemko, Stone, Rundblad, and Summers should get some good NHL time and we ought to be able to really evaluate each piece and see where they fit.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:40 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
I had noticed that there wasn't much from Doan the last few games. Hurt, maybe. He had a broken rib a couple years ago and it affected his production quite a bit.

GiveAFlyingPuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 10:59 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
J-Rock in the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
I had noticed that there wasn't much from Doan the last few games. Hurt, maybe. He had a broken rib a couple years ago and it affected his production quite a bit.
Standard Doan slow start is a possibility.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:14 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
Did he break his rib in 2009-2010, because i remember during the second half of that season there was a stretch where he only had 1 goal in like 30 games or something crazy like that.

CC96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 12:16 AM
Redcoyote
Hungry

I don't blame the staff for missing Conacher. He has really been a surprise but its not like we were the only one to overlook him. There are tons of little guys that can skate and score that just don't translate into the NHL game. A lot of times its just like winning the lottery.

I'm glad Summers is going to get some time. He looked solid last year. I think Rundblad has made big strides since last year and hope he can let year really be a growing year for him and not get frustrated if he spends some time in the AHL or the bench

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 01:19 AM
RafaNadal

Quote:
We finally have our answer as to why Rundblad was sent down. The coyotes called up Chris Summers.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=654284
Does Summers need to pass waivers if he gets reassigned later on?