HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Looking Good

Old
07-04-2006, 01:24 AM
WheresBarnaby

vCash: 500
Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Cullen-Sykora
Rucinsky-Immonen-Ward
Hollweg-Betts-Ortmeyer

Tyutin-Kasparaitis
Rachunek-Ward
Malik-Staal

I like that a little better. Switching kasper and Ward could work too.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 01:54 AM
Captain11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Cullen-Sykora
Rucinsky-Immonen-Ward
Hollweg-Betts-Ortmeyer

Tyutin-Kasparaitis
Rachunek-Ward
Malik-Staal

I like that a little better. Switching kasper and Ward could work too.
I'd rather dawes take over rucinsky's spot from the get go

Captain11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 07:34 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

While I somewhat expect the Rangers to bring in someone for the 2nd line, the plan could just as easily be to allow camp to sort things out. What if guys like GMoore, Dawes or even a Dubinsky play well enough to force the Rangers hands and put them on the big club? Maybe a Moore earns a shot at the 3rd line, and Renney decides to move Ward to the 2nd line, next to say, Cullen and Prucha? People keep leaving Greg Moore out of potential lineups next year, but, I think he is the one player who might the physically ready to play at the NHL level.

Also, I don't think bringing back Rozsival is such a given right now. He could easily be trade fodder pending the result of his arbitration hearing. And, Rachunek could easily slide into his spot next to Malik. Personally, I think Staal is headed back to juniors. And, I 'd love to see Pock get a spot next to Ward. Given the numbers Fish uncovered regarding Ward, (he averaged 19 minutes a game last year, less than the likes of Malki and Kaspar), the Ward-Pock pairing would make sense in terms of icetime.

Last edited by jas: 07-04-2006 at 08:23 AM.
jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 08:02 AM
Fletch

Isn't Cullen...

that guy for the second line? The beauty about him is that if Immonen can't go on the second line, Cullen can. If Immonen can go, and Prucha's to the left and Sykora's not signed, they could give Hossa a whirl, or even Ward in spots. Also, I wonder if the alleged snag in Rucinsky negotiations has anything to do with the Cullen signing. At this point, I'd really not like to see Rucinsky on this team.

Rozsival may not be in the cards - but of course, he is a RFA, so he'd have to be dealt since I don't see the Rangers just letting him go (and I'm not sure I see them trading him).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 08:23 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
that guy for the second line? The beauty about him is that if Immonen can't go on the second line, Cullen can. If Immonen can go, and Prucha's to the left and Sykora's not signed, they could give Hossa a whirl, or even Ward in spots. Also, I wonder if the alleged snag in Rucinsky negotiations has anything to do with the Cullen signing. At this point, I'd really not like to see Rucinsky on this team.

Rozsival may not be in the cards - but of course, he is a RFA, so he'd have to be dealt since I don't see the Rangers just letting him go (and I'm not sure I see them trading him).
Cullen is the utility guy. If neither a Immonen or Dubsinky is ready, Cullen plays second line center. Otherwise, he could play third line center, or move to thew wing.

Old
07-04-2006, 08:30 AM
Fletch

It would be weird...

seeing the second highest paid forward playing on the third line. Unless things change, my guess is he's either a centerman or a winger on that second line. Considering he's decent on faceoffs, as a winger, it does present a nice second option if the centerman's thrown out - which could give him a big advantage against other wingers.

Old
07-04-2006, 11:16 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

I'd rather see Shanahan signed than Sykora coming back, and one of the young guns up on the 3rd line taking Rucinsky's spot.

It would give us a lot more grit on our forward lines.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Taz

I wouldnt mind Barnaby for a 2 year deal, to add some character mentor Hollweg, add a bit of offence on the 3rd line and gives us a bit of sandpaper in the forward corps...

Then bring back either Sykora or Rucinsky

Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Prucha - Cullen - Rucinsky/Sykora
Barnaby - Immonen/Dubinsky - Ward
Hollweg - Betts/Moore - Ortmeyer/ Or someone in camp

Hossa, Orr

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 11:18 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
I wouldnt mind Barnaby for a 2 year deal, to add some character mentor Hollweg, add a bit of offence on the 3rd line and gives us a bit of sandpaper in the forward corps...

The bring back either Sykora or Rucinsky

Why do we need to bring Sykora or Rucinsky back? Let kids fill the roles- Callahan, Dawes, Immonen, etc

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 12:22 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
seeing the second highest paid forward playing on the third line. Unless things change, my guess is he's either a centerman or a winger on that second line.
I agree. He is not playing the 3rd line. He will be the 2nd line center. Immonen will compete with Moore for the 3rd lien center. Clearly, Helminen, Moore & Betts are not all in the plans for next year. Helminen, no matter how well he does, is probably ticketed for Hartford again.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Poor Helminen. Why should he even go to camp? His fate was sealed in this thread.

The friggin Rangers have none of there second line players signed from last year. Rucinsky Rucchin and Sykora are all gone. Cullen may play on the second line but why can't he play winger on the second line?

Cullen Immonen/Dubinsky Prucha...

Clearly ALL of Helminen Moore and Betts are in the Rangers plans next season. Why the hell wouldn't they be? All will be given a shot in camp to earn a roster spot this offseason.... The guy who should be worried this training camp is Ortmeyer. CLEARLY HOSSA adds more to the Rangers than Ortmeyer. Besides in a "True REBUILD" Ortmeyers spot would be given to a younger player..

The guys that don't make it in camp will be given a shot when injuries hit.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 07-04-2006 at 02:01 PM.
Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Cherepanov 71

I think Cullen should play with Prucha, they are going to be very dynamic, take my word.

Cherepanov 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 02:33 PM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
The same people that wanted to see a "TRUE REBUILD" are seeing a "TRUE REBUILD" and of course (and not surprisingly) they don't even recognize it.
Long time reader first time poster, but SOS hit the nail on the head!! I've been a ranger fan since JD carried us to the cup finals in '79, I was 8yrs old. The last 2 off seasons have been the best we have had since 91'. The Captain, Beuk, Gravey, and Kovalev all acquired that off season, to join a franchise goalie and d'man, and whala "I can die in piece." But since the run to the conf finals in '97 which was the end of the road this is what we needed to do!! Thank the hockey gods for the lockout; it saved us from ourselves.

We would have been better served IMHO to have missed the playoffs last year and still may be to miss them this coming year. It's not about now, it's about the next decade, competing for a cup year in and year out. We have no big money tied up for any longer than 3yrs, Jagr @5mil per. We will have room to sign our own players when the time is right and make the appropriate trades with the chips we have acquired. Unless we get real lucky only a handful of these guys will actually be wearing a blueshirt when the time to seriously contend arrives.

This is the first time I can remember management actually laying out and following a REBUILD plan and we are close but not there yet.
I hope we don't make another move all summer. Let the kids fight it out for spots,

Cullen is versatile enough to fill in on 2nd or 3rd line wherever he is needed LW,RW,C,PP point. Just won a cup, NA player. I had no idea he was coming but I like the signing.
After the ridiculous spending spree on Dmen on day1, Ward was my first choice of the guys that were left,(yea right) (seriously), 2yrs 2.75per is perfect. 3 cups a 4th final, he is PK crease clearing shot blocking NA dman, and like his unofficial homepage says "everything he hits he destroys", ideal.

I just hope Slats/DM have the guts to see it through to the end because I for the first time since 91' see the light at the end of the tunnel and it looks BRIGHT.

Then maybe we can all "DIE IN PEACE" a few times!

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 05:41 PM
shoothepuck

Still need more points from the 2nd line. Only reason to bring back Rucinsky is that he was almost a point a game player, and as of now no one else on the second or third line comes close. Sather needs to fill that role with someone.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 06:01 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
Still need more points from the 2nd line. Only reason to bring back Rucinsky is that he was almost a point a game player, and as of now no one else on the second or third line comes close. Sather needs to fill that role with someone.
What if Dawes is that player? All the kid has ever done is score at every level has been at.

Old
07-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Fletch

What was amazing last season...

was how well the Rangers did without Rucinsky - he was one player who's contributions were replaced when he went down, and when he returned, the results didn't get better. On the left side, at worst, you may have Straka and Prucha on the top two lines. After that, you have Dawes fighting for a spot, perhaps Dom and Greg Moore too, if Dom is moved, there's also Hossa, and I'm sure there are others I'm missing. The left wing spot can be filled from within. No need to spend the money on Rucinsky.

And I currently agree with SoS...I say currently because I cannot predict who may fall into Sather's lap. There could be three centermen spots open right now, assuming Cullen moves to wing. Of course, things can change and I have a hunch they will.

Old
07-04-2006, 06:58 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35 View Post
still need some grit in the forward position
Go after the twin, you know who I'm talking about...

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:32 AM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krm500 View Post
Joel belongs to Dallas. While it could be cool to have them together, he's just as unproven as any of the other guy's at training camp.

Old
07-05-2006, 03:47 AM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krm500 View Post

Or were you talking about Peter Ferraro?

Old
07-05-2006, 10:22 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Cullen-Sykora/Rucinsky
Hossa-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Moore-Ortmeyer

Tyutin-Kaspar
Ward-Rachunek
Malik-Roszival
Pock/Staal

Henke/Weekes

Personally, I don't see any more changes. You all have to understand something about both Sather and Renney: they won't just hand a roster spot to a player simply because he had a great year in junior/college/minors or was a high pick. The spots must be EARNED in camp, which is why Prucha made the team (more or less) to open the season over more the publicized prospects. I know it took a few games for him to get more shifts, but that's the Rangers' philosophy.

They almost won 50 games and the division last year. They addressed their needs with Ward and Cullen. I don't see any major changes as far as prospects go. Immonen will get one of the first looks if anybody gets hurt. After that it's a crap shoot.

This is just my opinion, but what is fact is that both Sather and Renney are really high on Hossa for next season. It's his job to lose, and the same goes for Ward and Betts and the HMO line.

Personally, I think the Rangers are going to use their prospects to acquire a franchise-type player before giving any of them a regular shift. Of course, that all depends on them staying healthy and having a good start to 2006-07 like last season. If they struggle, then I won't be surprised to see the kids up and making some noise.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 10:41 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenTurcotte8 View Post
Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Cullen-Sykora/Rucinsky
Hossa-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Moore-Ortmeyer

Tyutin-Kaspar
Ward-Rachunek
Malik-Roszival
Pock/Staal

Henke/Weekes

Personally, I don't see any more changes. You all have to understand something about both Sather and Renney: they won't just hand a roster spot to a player simply because he had a great year in junior/college/minors or was a high pick. The spots must be EARNED in camp, which is why Prucha made the team (more or less) to open the season over more the publicized prospects. I know it took a few games for him to get more shifts, but that's the Rangers' philosophy.

They almost won 50 games and the division last year. They addressed their needs with Ward and Cullen. I don't see any major changes as far as prospects go. Immonen will get one of the first looks if anybody gets hurt. After that it's a crap shoot.

This is just my opinion, but what is fact is that both Sather and Renney are really high on Hossa for next season. It's his job to lose, and the same goes for Ward and Betts and the HMO line.

Personally, I think the Rangers are going to use their prospects to acquire a franchise-type player before giving any of them a regular shift. Of course, that all depends on them staying healthy and having a good start to 2006-07 like last season. If they struggle, then I won't be surprised to see the kids up and making some noise.
I understand what you're saying and it makes sense (especially the part about Hossa ), but I think that the kids earning spots COULD happen in training camp - just as it did with Prucha last year. Which is why I don't necessarily see the team starting the season with that lineup.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 12:18 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

This is a great time for Ranger fans. Ward is a SOLID player and that was seen in the playoffs when he came up BIG for the canes throughout the series against the oilers. Talking about a PP QB? I'm more then sure your PP QB will be Rachunek. Take this to the bank: The guy has a ROCKET of a shot, is young and I've always been a fan of hjis game from back in the day when he was with Ottaw. Hell he was noticed even being surrounded with the Redden's and chara's of hockey.

Ward-Rachunek
Kaspar-Tyutin
Malik-Staal

I must say...in all honesty...to my eyes...It's the Rangers. Sather has solidified...VERY QUIETLY....the defense of this team. All in all He's upgraded this team as compared to last season. NY Rangers hockey is back baby!!

Is samssonov still around? go grab him slats and you've done yourself a HECKUVA offseason.

Samsonov-Cullen-Prucha or Samsonov-Immonen-Prucha

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 12:42 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan View Post
but I think that the kids earning spots COULD happen in training camp - just as it did with Prucha last year. Which is why I don't necessarily see the team starting the season with that lineup.
The problem is that 2 of our most ready prospects are Helminen and Dawes. I could argue that they are as ready as Immonen is. The above lineup does not really leave room for them. Even if one pushes out Hossa (which should not be too hard), I see no way how both of them can make the team, no matter how well they perform.

Old
07-05-2006, 01:09 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
The problem is that 2 of our most ready prospects are Helminen and Dawes. I could argue that they are as ready as Immonen is. The above lineup does not really leave room for them. Even if one pushes out Hossa (which should not be too hard), I see no way how both of them can make the team, no matter how well they perform.
You and I know better than to keep debating Hossa.

As for how guys make the team? I can see anyone on the bottom six being traded and some even being demoted if other guys clearly outplay them. Cullen can move to wing if our centers really impress or play center if Dawes demands an opportunity.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 01:14 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan View Post
As for how guys make the team? I can see anyone on the bottom six being traded and some even being demoted if other guys clearly outplay them. Cullen can move to wing if our centers really impress or play center if Dawes demands an opportunity.
You have more faith than I do. I see Renney being loyal to a fault and simply demoting the likes of Dawes and Helminen, so that he does not have to replace people like Moore & Betts. As for Cullen, if he moves to wing, then he is moving to LW, and either pushes Prucha to the 3rd line (worst and dumbest scenario) or he becomes the 3rd line LW, and Dawes still has no shot.