HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Derek Stepan

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2013, 02:47 PM
  #526
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,045
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by WojtekGoalski View Post
Not sure if serious, so It's about 25 minutes old with I believe 12 results. 1 guy posted yes, another said no and that Stepan is overrated.

I voted yes for the nut-huggety factor because I'm a Ranger fan and I have to follow the rest of my clan in their nut-huggingness
You voted no. Voter-fraud is a serious offense.

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 02:48 PM
  #527
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WojtekGoalski View Post
Not sure if serious, so It's about 25 minutes old with I believe 12 results. 1 guy posted yes, another said no and that Stepan is overrated.

I voted yes for the nut-huggety factor because I'm a Ranger fan and I have to follow the rest of my clan in their nut-huggingness

Actually, you voted no. I know this, because you can view the results and who voted what. The poll was 9-3 last I checked, including your no vote. Don't lie about hugging Stepan's nuts. We know you've been neglecting Stepan's nuts for a while now. Moved on, so to speak. Found some new nuts to dangle on.


The poll is 10-3 and 75 minutes old, by the way. Not 25 minutes old. And you still voted no.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 03:00 PM
  #528
DelZottoHitTheNetJK
Registered User
 
DelZottoHitTheNetJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Actually, you voted no. I know this, because you can view the results and who voted what. The poll was 9-3 last I checked, including your no vote. Don't lie about hugging Stepan's nuts. We know you've been neglecting Stepan's nuts for a while now. Moved on, so to speak. Found some new nuts to dangle on.


The poll is 10-3 and 75 minutes old, by the way. Not 25 minutes old. And you still voted no.
You're right I did vote no, could've sworn I voted yes.

I'd be hugging the **** out of Stepan's nuts if he was on the 3rd line where he belongs.. considering that mix of hockey IQ and defensive abilities yet lack of speed, shot and a pair of hands makes him the definition of a 3C

DelZottoHitTheNetJK is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 03:42 PM
  #529
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,045
vCash: 659
The vote is 13-3 now, but I guess that is a statistic so it's meaningless.

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 03:45 PM
  #530
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
The vote is 13-3 now, but I guess that is a statistic so it's meaningless.
Obviously fans of crappy teams are dominating the voting.

Wait til fans of the 3 or 4 teams he was able to name with a better 2C start weighing in.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 05:11 PM
  #531
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
The vote is 13-3 now, but I guess that is a statistic so it's meaningless.
26-4 now. But it's kind of like how a team that goes 26-4 isn't actually a good team. You might think so if you just look at the stats, but if you watch them play, you know they're not as good as paper indicates.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 05:13 PM
  #532
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
26-4 now. But it's kind of like how a team that goes 26-4 isn't actually a good team. You might think so if you just look at the stats, but if you watch them play, you know they're not as good as paper indicates.
Great title!

So where can we find this magical washed-up 2C who scores more than 50 points? Or where is this 3C with 50 point seasons?

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 05:17 PM
  #533
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
I think I actually figured it out. We've all been hugging Steps' nuts so hard we cut the circulation off and he's been playing without any balls. If we all just stop being such nut huggers, Stepan will finally be free to reach his full potential... on the third line, of course.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 05:17 PM
  #534
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,045
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Or where is this 3C with 50 point seasons?

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:50 PM
  #535
NYRangers723
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,640
vCash: 500
I have no idea why people love/defend this kid. I mean yes finally he had a decent game in tampa but other than one goal he has been awful. he cant recieve a pass, he cant skate, he fans on at least 4 or 5 wide open nets including tongith. Even Fat Marty wouldnt of saved that shot if stepan took it correctly

NYRangers723 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:50 PM
  #536
DelZottoHitTheNetJK
Registered User
 
DelZottoHitTheNetJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Great title!

So where can we find this magical washed-up 2C who scores more than 50 points? Or where is this 3C with 50 point seasons?
Do some of the comments in that poll make you mad?

Unless of course you guys are happy with having a "less than ideal" 2C

Oh and Stepans first shift tonight was award worthy. Whiffs on an empty net chance only to follow this greatness by trying to hit Kovalchuk and getting dumped on his ass to the roar of every Devils fan at the rock. Hell of a second line center!

DelZottoHitTheNetJK is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 06:57 PM
  #537
DelZottoHitTheNetJK
Registered User
 
DelZottoHitTheNetJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
I have no idea why people love/defend this kid. I mean yes finally he had a decent game in tampa but other than one goal he has been awful. he cant recieve a pass, he cant skate, he fans on at least 4 or 5 wide open nets including tongith. Even Fat Marty wouldnt of saved that shot if stepan took it correctly
This man for mayor

DelZottoHitTheNetJK is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 07:01 PM
  #538
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Just wait for everyone to stop hugging his nuts so he can breath a little. I mean, you watch, as soon as he doesn't have half of NY crowding his crotch his skating stride will improve, he'll pick up his foot speed (carrying a bunch of nut huggers in your jock would slow anyone down) and he'll be the mediocre third line center you want him to be.

This whole team looks like garbage. Richards. Nash. Staal. Stepan. Hagelin. Lundqvist. Singling out a struggling player when all of the players are struggling doesn't actually make a winning argument.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 09:31 PM
  #539
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,045
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by WojtekGoalski View Post
This man for mayor
Is there anyway to prove that it's not you?

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 09:39 PM
  #540
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WojtekGoalski View Post
Do some of the comments in that poll make you mad?

Unless of course you guys are happy with having a "less than ideal" 2C

Oh and Stepans first shift tonight was award worthy. Whiffs on an empty net chance only to follow this greatness by trying to hit Kovalchuk and getting dumped on his ass to the roar of every Devils fan at the rock. Hell of a second line center!
Did Stepan run over your cat or something? Every post you make is about him.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 09:45 PM
  #541
DelZottoHitTheNetJK
Registered User
 
DelZottoHitTheNetJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Is there anyway to prove that it's not you?
LOL is it that hard to believe that there's a good chance I'm right. Ask one of the mods to do an IP check if you're so worried about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Did Stepan run over your cat or something? Every post you make is about him.
No. He ran over my January and the beggining of my February by playing like dog ****

DelZottoHitTheNetJK is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 09:48 PM
  #542
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WojtekGoalski View Post
LOL is it that hard to believe that there's a good chance I'm right. Ask one of the mods to do an IP check if you're so worried about it



No. He ran over my January and the beggining of my February by playing like dog ****
LOL Yes. One in one hundred posters agreeing with you makes it a "good chance"? Your poll has 86+% of posters disagreeing with you. I guess ~13% is a "good chance" though.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 09:48 PM
  #543
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WojtekGoalski View Post
LOL is it that hard to believe that there's a good chance I'm right. Ask one of the mods to do an IP check if you're so worried about it



No. He ran over my January and the beggining of my February by playing like dog ****
Yes. He's the only one that has been playing like dog ****. Right.

Give it a rest, will you? It's bordering on pathetic on how hard you're pushing your agenda against Stepan on this board. Enough already. You sound like a broken record. Move on to the next song already. I'm done with you. You're a very sad person.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:00 PM
  #544
Joe11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 115
vCash: 500
Well, his resurgance lasted all of one game. He dribbled away a big scoring chance early in the game and then pulled his usual disappearing act.

But, Stepan supporters, don't fret, he will score another goal in a few weeks and you can trot out all the platitudes about how good he has and what a brillant future awaits

Joe11 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:14 PM
  #545
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Okay, Wojtek, we will. We'll hug him too. Right where it counts.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:47 PM
  #546
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Yes. He's the only one that has been playing like dog ****. Right.

Give it a rest, will you? It's bordering on pathetic on how hard you're pushing your agenda against Stepan on this board. Enough already. You sound like a broken record. Move on to the next song already. I'm done with you. You're a very sad person.
Oh here we go again with the "it's bordering on pathetic" and "you sound like a broken record" when fans take a potshot at how lousy Stepan really is. You already know where I stand on that subject; just move him and Mr. Inconsistency Gaborik and see what you can get back in return for them.
One other thing; if we don't make the playoffs(and I believe we'd be better not making it), just buy out Richards ridiculous contract because he looks likes crap also.

This team as presently constructed is the only thing that's bordering on pathetic around here!

Drewbackatu* is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:50 PM
  #547
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe11 View Post
Well, his resurgance lasted all of one game. He dribbled away a big scoring chance early in the game and then pulled his usual disappearing act.

But, Stepan supporters, don't fret, he will score another goal in a few weeks and you can trot out all the platitudes about how good he has and what a brillant future awaits
You're 100% correct. Stepan is so freakin overrated around these parts it is laughable. We have a 2C that can't skate, can't check, can't win a faceoff, can't shot the puck and who gets knocked off the puck by a stiff wind!

Drewbackatu* is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:51 PM
  #548
NYRangers723
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,640
vCash: 500
I agree Stepan isnt the only one. I mean hagelin and boyle as well as richards have all been awful. Like Tort said the rookies Kreider and Miller will be taking some of their jobs

NYRangers723 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 10:53 PM
  #549
NYSportsfan87
Thank You Eli
 
NYSportsfan87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,863
vCash: 500
Miller was more physical tonight than Stepan has ever been.

NYSportsfan87 is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 11:09 PM
  #550
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan87 View Post
Miller was more physical tonight than Stepan has ever been.
Miller will eventually be a legit 2C for us.

Drewbackatu* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.