HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

habs make offer to Jan Hrdina

Old
07-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Habs13

vCash: 500
Am I correct in thinking Hrdina is another gritless gimp who shys away from physical play?

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
Don't cry for me Jan Hrdina.
That's just lovely. Really really lovely.

Istvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
Am I correct in thinking Hrdina is another gritless gimp who shys away from physical play?
correct-a-moondo

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Habs13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
correct-a-moondo
Ahhh damn it all to hell... again.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 09:47 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
For those of you that wanted "some" kinda UFA, there you go........

Although not official, and ill pray it's not.

Mooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 09:53 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
For those of you that wanted "some" kinda UFA, there you go........

Although not official, and ill pray it's not.

Maybe the offer is a 2-way contract and that Gainey plans to have him in the farm to help our prospects.. At least I hope so..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 09:56 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
Don't cry for me Jan Hrdina.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Anthony P

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Man I sure hope its not true.. If it happens Im seriously starting to doubt about Gainey's competence and wish Savard back.. Hrdina would be useless and take a young player spot.
I've doubted Gainey's confidence ever since he signed red light theo to a 5.3m a year contract....

Gainey clearly is not as good as people like to think he is.... why doesn't he just shut up in the offseason instead of saying expect the unexpected.... all the good players have been signed.... I guess that's what he meant..... we all expected Gainey would try to make this team better and instead, he just did nothing.... which is fast becoming his trademark....

Gainey is the last person you'd want as the captain of a sinking ship.... you'd end up under water and Gainey would still be trying to figure out what's going on....

Anthony P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Either because I'm tired of hearing all that crazy stuff going on, but I hope we don't get a UFA at all and concentrate our efforts in our rookies, and in building a great team in Hamilton for our rookies to be around a winning environnement.

Just hope that Gainey will sign Grabovky, Emelin and even O'Byrne. Concentrate on what you have already, and stop looking for something we'll never have.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:04 PM
turnbuckle*

He's a destitute man's Sami Pahlsson; a Nick Sundstrom or Juha Lind with faceoff skills if you will.

The more I think about it the more I dislike it unless Jan is replacing Bonk at a cheap price ($750,000), and Bob can actually get something for the big lug such as a draft pick. It will leave Gainey cash to sign a Shanahan if he likes as well, or trade for a forward of similar ilk.

This would work if we were to sign a Shanahan

Higgins Koivu Ryder
Shanny Ribs/Plek Kovy
Zhogy Plek/Hrdina Zednik
Begin Hrdina/Murray Downey/Murray

Essentially keep the first and third lines together, and try Ribs and Kovy with an old vet with presence like Shanahan. Kovalev and Ribs can both pass, and Shanahan can pull the trigger. I can also picture Markov feeding Shanny for some nice one timers off to the side of the net.

Give Zednik one last chance on a line with Zhogy and Plekanec. Were they not our best line in the playoffs? Keep them together and give them lots of minutes if they keep playing well together. If Zednik falters or Ryder slides, both can be used as trade bait if Kostitsyn shows he's ready. I'd like to see Kosty go down to Hamilton and pop 10-15 goals in the first 20 games and really earn a permanent callup.

Hrdina as the fourth line center between Murray and Begin most nights; he can fill in on the third line if Ribs is faltering and Plekanec is moved up to the second line on occasion. Hrdina can kill penalties and take important faceoffs (or back up the center on important faceoffs in case he's tossed out). Pretty important weapon in today's NHL as we've seen.

Are Chipchura and Lapierre more ready? Not in the faceoff circle, and probably not yet on the penalty kill. Chippy certainly isn't faster than Hrdina at this point either - and Bonk isn't as fast without question.

There may be a method to Gainey's apparent madness. Sign a cheaper Sunny-type with top-notch faceoff skills.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:16 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_9forever View Post
we make an offer for an UFA and now youre angry...what do you want ?...
THIS is Bob Gainey's answer to the signings other teams have made? I thought he had a mission to upgrade the team.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:16 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
guess this could be our right handed center
LMAO

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
expect the unexpected !!!

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:25 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
ris info sports reporting it .

I will puke if Hrdina is signed.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:50 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P View Post
I've doubted Gainey's confidence ever since he signed red light theo to a 5.3m a year contract....

Gainey clearly is not as good as people like to think he is.... why doesn't he just shut up in the offseason instead of saying expect the unexpected.... all the good players have been signed.... I guess that's what he meant..... we all expected Gainey would try to make this team better and instead, he just did nothing.... which is fast becoming his trademark....

Gainey is the last person you'd want as the captain of a sinking ship.... you'd end up under water and Gainey would still be trying to figure out what's going on....
I never lost confidence in Gainey even if sometime I dont always agree with the decisions he takes... He knows alot more about this game than you and me.. He had no choice to give Théo such money, at some point you just cant overlook the pressure from the medias and fans, few didnt like Théo at the time, was a quebecer born, considered by several like one of the best goaltenders in the game, won 2 prestigious trophy, girls were loving him and was an excellent market personage... Théo still have elite skills, the prob is between the ears... Théo was in the driver seat to negociate his contract, you just cant blame Gainey for this... As for the lost of Beauchemin, Gainey probably talked with his hockey men about the possibility to lose him on waiver and has been told the chances were thin.. He gambled, lost a good one but this is not the end of the world...Gainey never touched our keys prospects to improve our team short time and thats the most important of the story! Im pretty sure he is doing everything he can to improve our team but overpaying players isnt the best thing to do, Gainey is patient, smart and one of the most respected hockey men of his sport... Dont forget he gave everything for the Habs jersey and made us win several Stanley cups... So I find you a bit hard on our GM... The team is going in the right direction, the quality of our kids will make us a better team year after year.. Just give them the time to blossom... What Perez showed in playoffs make me smile when I hear some desesperated fans crying like babies cause we havent signed a quality FA yet.. I know what Perezhogin can do when playing with confidence, he will fly all over the ice and be a dominant player for us in the very near future... Kostitsyn will be another player adding alot of skills to this line-up and making our PP work better as soon as next season... Take a deep breath guys, Im not effraid by any teams when I think of the next season, we will compete with the best be sur.

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 07-03-2006 at 11:02 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Millions Livio

I feel bad for you guys. Captain Hook, if signed, will be moving into your penalty box come October. Make sure he has a toaster in there for his Pop Tarts.

Last edited by Millions Livio: 07-03-2006 at 11:00 PM.
Millions Livio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:06 PM
Makarov

Oh yeah...we don't want Jan Bulis and his 20 odd goals back...but we are willing to accept Jan Hrdina who was essentially pissing in his jock straps all of last season with Columbus...

Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Teufelsdreck

It wouldn't be so frustrating if we hadn't heard all those misleading rumors about the crème de la crème players Gainey was looking at but who ended up elsewhere. Bob, you broke our hearts.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2006, 11:11 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
he did play on the pens with kovy so i dunno here we go
and with straka jagr kasper. sather will make an offer most likely to replace rucinsky or sykora.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 03:11 AM
Miller Time

this is clearly not true...
A- because hrdina does not fit the mold of the team Gainey is apparently trying to build

B- because hrdina won't be getting offered much from anyone so if the habs were knocking at his door he would have jumped at the chance to sign even if all we offered him were some of downeys potatoes

C- Because I would shoot myself in the f***ing head and i am WAY to young to die!

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 03:45 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
ris info sports reporting it .

does Jagr come with him?

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 05:41 AM
FinnHab

If Gainey didn´t succeeded to get some big UFA names, then we dont`t really need average players anymore, our roster is already full of them Let`s pray that our youngsters & Huet will save our next season...

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2006, 09:27 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake View Post
Either because I'm tired of hearing all that crazy stuff going on, but I hope we don't get a UFA at all and concentrate our efforts in our rookies, and in building a great team in Hamilton for our rookies to be around a winning environnement.

Just hope that Gainey will sign Grabovky, Emelin and even O'Byrne. Concentrate on what you have already, and stop looking for something we'll never have.
This man is the key. if we ever sign him to come over this year, he will make a splash on trainning camp, even bigger than Latendresse last year. Thats how talented he is...

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote